May 6th Transcendence Maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 6th Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
140 replies to this topic

#51 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Server

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:49 AM

All right folks, the info should be pretty clear in the patch notes. Such as offensive and posts of troll behavior will be removed ;)

So this patch also mean Warp can nerf MA too? I never saw warp change any base of the game before  :no1:

Lmao people that think BB and Brandish don't need a nerf are very uneducated and/or biased. 

Also MA too  :heh:

#52 farmer25

farmer25

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:49 AM

i dont think u step into pvp yet. but yes im over exaggerating. brandish still does around 7-9k with converters on a fully geared hunter (cranial/poo hat/+10 gears for defence) now a single brandish can do that much dmg, are u saying that is balanced? alot of knights that go pvp, bring their outside buffs (crazy uproar/drums songs for more dmg) and with all that buffs they can dish out 12k dmg. with knights already with a high HP pool, the damage of brandish is ridiculously way too high. i admit that 50% is waay to much, but i think 30-35% would be more balanced overall

what if you used a resistance potion?  that would eliminate their damage to neutral option on their weapon, and if you match their converter, that's another 75% reduction for their elemental part of the damage o.o correct me if im wrong

Alchemist does 6-9k damage with Acid Terror and break your armor!!!! And can be spammed too!

Why not nerf this? Just because nobody whines about it so no nerf????

Why target PvP???? Barely 10 people plays pvp!!! Are you soecifically targetting someone with this nerf? Because of whiners????

why don't u help ur guild's alche farm glistening coats then so that u can have chemical protection 24/7???

#53 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:53 AM

what if you used a resistance potion?  that would eliminate their damage to neutral option on their weapon, and if you match their converter, that's another 75% reduction for their elemental part of the damage o.o correct me if im wrong

why don't u help ur guild's alche farm glistening coats then so that u can have chemical protection 24/7???

they have multiple converters. if lets say i use a fire resist pot, and they decided to go water endow, it will do me more harm than good. ive seen knights pvp vid and they carry all 4 elemental converters.

#54 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:58 AM

y'all about to get destroyed by melody strike

Edited by Andini, 06 May 2020 - 09:01 AM.

#55 Afith

Afith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:00 AM

single target and requires an item vs aoe, spamable and u guys can get 18k hp

Yeah and get one shotted by monks. And rekt by saders which had similar hp pool.

There is still a delay on BS! The string knights are strong because they invested in pole axe which is expensive weapon boss drop and upgraded it. So now if this nerf will happen, what does it appears? It’s a waste to use mvp drops. While other class use normal gears outdamage knights! That is balance???

Right now is already pretty balanced! Try using a knight with normal gears and you will see they are not OP.

Knights have to use quad ancient pikes to hit sinx and rouges! In that sense it deals low damage below 2k total per brandish.

How you suppose to do any damage in woe and pvp now if you nerf it??? So 2k damage 50% less in woe then 50% nerf wtf. 500 total damage on brandish spear????

This is bull. There should be more testing to reconsider this nerf!!!

Warpportal should stop listening to whiners and stop favoritism. This is bad idea. Even now for you to be able to go fight other class using knight you need the best weapon pole axe with good enchant and high upgrade!!

I give you an example!! Look at rogue with ice pick using backstab!!!!! Spammable does 6k total damage per hit!!! Wtf noone complains and noone nerfs!!!

Warpportal, please reconsider this! Do your own testing with all other classes and see what if it needs nerf or not, do not just take information from someone who doesnt even work at warpportal. WE all spend money $$$ in WPE in this game! There shouldn’t be any favoritism here resulting to bad judgement.

#56 farmer25

farmer25

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:09 AM

they have multiple converters. if lets say i use a fire resist pot, and they decided to go water endow, it will do me more harm than good. ive seen knights pvp vid and they carry all 4 elemental converters.

i knew you would say that! they cant endow all 4 converters at the same time tho, you can also carry various resistant potions.

also, as far as I know, you don't get ur full damage multiplied by the element in rt, only part of the damage. correct me if im wrong.

also, everybody goes + damage to neutral. not sure whats the max you can get. but if they have 20% damage to neutral, by using a potion you are eliminating that 20%

you have 1/4 chance to use a weak element, in which case, you would take 25% damage, which is just 5% more than their neutral, and if they have 25% neutral, its basically the same. on top of that, you have 2/4 chance to use an element with no advantage or disadvantage, in which case you still negate their damage to neutral, and 1/4 chance to take 75% LESS elemental damage and negate their damage to neutral.

bss is also a thing. not sure if many ppl use cursed water tho, since they risk hitting someone with ed and doing no damage.

bad thing would be, if lets say, they have a weapon with extra damage to fire and they use water endow while u use a fire potion :D. but everybody goes damage to neutral o.o

#57 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:12 AM

first of all shout out to camp and team for coming in clutch with the mass brewing NPC. at least it will be in testing and I appreciate the effort that is going into that. we need it desperately! so thank you!

as for the Knight nerfs all I can say is that people need to stop crying about Knights being nerfed. they are BLATANTLY op. even with a 50% dmg nerf they will be doing 10-12k with brandish per brandish spear and 7-9k with bowling bash which is absolutely ridiculous in both PVM and WOE.  It also says that the number is not final. 

All I can say is speaking from experience on restart I hope the team trusts their OWN judgement on this one. On restart we had the most overpowered biochemist/acid bomb I have ever seen in my time playing Ragnarok, and they were planning to nerf Biochem cast time. The community cried that it was "too much" and gave biochemist literally a wrist slap nerf instead. The result was nothing changed and biochems still were hideously overpowered and one shot more often than they should.

I'm not saying I think Knights need a 50% nerf, but they need a nerf period.  I also think its important that after we nerf them we consider reverting or partially reverting the nerf in the FUTURE when trans classes come. Lord Knights get completely shafted in trans WOE and might need the love in the future when everyones HP is much higher and Acid Bomb will keep them in check more. 

Really looking forward to the Brandish/BB nerfs. And I've been abusing Knight in PVM and my guild like all others has made a bunch of Knights because of this meta demanding that everyone plays Knights. Anyone arguing that Knights shouldn't be nerfed is simply wanting to hold onto their broken class as long as possible while they abuse it. Probably the same people I see posting for safe 7 certs. 

#58 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:18 AM

i knew you would say that! they cant endow all 4 converters at the same time tho, you can also carry various resistant potions.

also, as far as I know, you don't get ur full damage multiplied by the element in rt, only part of the damage. correct me if im wrong.

also, everybody goes + damage to neutral. not sure whats the max you can get. but if they have 20% damage to neutral, by using a potion you are eliminating that 20%

you have 1/4 chance to use a weak element, in which case, you would take 25% damage, which is just 5% more than their neutral, and if they have 25% neutral, its basically the same. on top of that, you have 2/4 chance to use an element with no advantage or disadvantage, in which case you still negate their damage to neutral, and 1/4 chance to take 75% LESS elemental damage and negate their damage to neutral.

bss is also a thing. not sure if many ppl use cursed water tho, since they risk hitting someone with ed and doing no damage.

bad thing would be, if lets say, they have a weapon with extra damage to fire and they use water endow while u use a fire potion :D. but everybody goes damage to neutral o.o

u can change the element of your weapon by pressing another button, but its not the same for armors, the buffs resistance stays until you leave the map. yes most people goes for neutral spear weapons. but thats where the brandish dmg output comes for a discussion. with the right elements weapon vs the elemental armor, with full reduct a knight can dish out 12k brandish. and with the right reduct knights will still do 5.7k. but then when a knight see that dmg, they can always press another button to do more dmg on the next brandish. BSS requires 2priest? who the hell goes to pvp dual/triple clienting 2-3priest just to get a BSS to live 1 brandish and they can just convert into another element. no1 else in this meta can dish out that much aoe dmg which is why knight dmg needed a nerf

#59 farmer25

farmer25

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:21 AM

Yeah and get one shotted by monks. And rekt by saders which had similar hp pool.

There is still a delay on BS! The string knights are strong because they invested in pole axe which is expensive weapon boss drop and upgraded it. So now if this nerf will happen, what does it appears? It’s a waste to use mvp drops. While other class use normal gears outdamage knights! That is balance???

Right now is already pretty balanced! Try using a knight with normal gears and you will see they are not OP.

Knights have to use quad ancient pikes to hit sinx and rouges! In that sense it deals low damage below 2k total per brandish.

How you suppose to do any damage in woe and pvp now if you nerf it??? So 2k damage 50% less in woe then 50% nerf wtf. 500 total damage on brandish spear????

This is bull. There should be more testing to reconsider this nerf!!!

Warpportal should stop listening to whiners and stop favoritism. This is bad idea. Even now for you to be able to go fight other class using knight you need the best weapon pole axe with good enchant and high upgrade!!

I give you an example!! Look at rogue with ice pick using backstab!!!!! Spammable does 6k total damage per hit!!! Wtf noone complains and noone nerfs!!!

Warpportal, please reconsider this! Do your own testing with all other classes and see what if it needs nerf or not, do not just take information from someone who doesnt even work at warpportal. WE all spend money $$$ in WPE in this game! There shouldn’t be any favoritism here resulting to bad judgement.

HC pve build in woe is lol. knights doe aoe damage. 10 saders/monks/alche hitting 1 target = 1 person dies. 10 knights hitting 1 target = that person + everything around it dies.

monks 1 shot yeah...but you can even interrupt them lol. look at vids posted in discord by the br's, you can clearly see p2w monks trying to spam asura and FAILING lol, it gets interrupted all the time and you can use smokie as well, funny af. I guess u never played classic where insta cast/near insta cast spirit champs on bragi would asura you, and no one complained. monks are a joke now in woe imo, compared to classic/champions

Edited by VModCinnamon, 06 May 2020 - 10:22 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed response to hidden content.

#60 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:22 AM

Before i say what i'm going to say, i main assassin in woe and yes knights are a pain in the rear end, now that's out of the way, only the really geared knights hit hard 6000-9000 damage in woe and they can spam it, so what you need to do is give Brandish Spear it a hard cooldown of 4-5 seconds and reduce the damage by 25% IN WOE ONLY.

Now what do i see here (Our eventual target is PVP and WoE maps only) so your just going to just hard Nerf it and at some point in the unforeseeable future make it only for PVP & WoE maps......

shark_costume_gif_from_mxc.gif

No numbers are set in stone except for the testing. It happening on field maps to make sure that we can see the exact numbers of the skills and compare them. This will not be going from sakray to live soon as were testing the changes. Were not even sure how the damage reduction stacks/interacts with WoE reductions so thats going to be its own phase of testing.

#61 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:22 AM

Nobody seems to want to use common sense regarding the current moment of the Knights, so I will be very clear with you. Have you seen alchemists, monks, hunters, crusaders or any other class with AoE damage on high-level maps? Taking out 15 ~ 20k? You didn't see it, right? In PvP and WoE, you don't see that either. For a 60-member guild, 20 are knights. But why ? Because the class is much stronger than the others, and it can kill countless opponents at the same time, using only one skill. Put your reasoning to work.

#62 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:23 AM

Did you know?

Bowling Bash in Zero before balance have 3 second cooldown.

And Brandish Spear have 2 second cooldown.

source

Credit : Sigma

How about instead of Nerf the Damage, adding Cooldown seem more interesting.

Now Knight can't spam skill until someone die, But skill can be very available even in PVE. 

Edited by aTID2, 06 May 2020 - 09:26 AM.

#63 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:27 AM

Did you know?

source

Now Knight can't spam skill until someone die, But skill can be very available even in PVE. 

This Patch is exclusive to RO Zero. We didn't get that.

#64 Chainboy23

Chainboy23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Un:Install

No numbers are set in stone except for the testing. It happening on field maps to make sure that we can see the exact numbers of the skills and compare them. This will not be going from sakray to live soon as were testing the changes. Were not even sure how the damage reduction stacks/interacts with WoE reductions so thats going to be its own phase of testing.

Master Campitor, can we get an ETA for the transition of patch from Sakray to Live Server for the upcoming rebalance of the supposedly rebalance patch?

Another 2-3 weeks or 2-3 months?

TBH, I am surprised your team was able to recognize the absurd damage of BB/BS for Knights in PVM and WoE environment

+1 Point for WP :)

#65 Christurk

Christurk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

just put in soul linkers so every class gets a buff

#66 Afith

Afith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

HC pve build in woe is lol. knights doe aoe damage. 10 saders/monks/alche hitting 1 target = 1 person dies. 10 knights hitting 1 target = that person + everything around it dies.
monks 1 shot yeah...but you can even interrupt them lol. look at vids posted in discord by the br's, you can clearly see p2w monks trying to spam asura and FAILING lol, it gets interrupted all the time and you can use smokie as well, funny af. I guess u never played classic where insta cast/near insta cast spirit champs on bragi would asura you, and no one complained. monks are a joke now in woe imo, compared to classic/champions

big guilds stomp small guilds. don't complain because p2w has people to farm/buy mats. instead of everybody making 10 guilds with 5-10 ppl in them and expecting to get a castle, join together and make 1 guild with 50 players. help your guild farm mats for alche.
and that's what you get for rerolling to fotm classes. I guess you reroll every 2 weeks when something changes?next patch another class will be op, everybody will reroll, it will get nerfed and then ppl will cry again...

I could say exactly the same thing yeah use neuma block BS. Use alligator cards. Monk vs Knight seriously???

only a bad monk will lose. LMAO

#67 Saegy

Saegy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:28 AM

People in here acting like reducing the damage BB/Brandish does kills knights.

Knights have been the most unbalanced mess of a class ever since Renewal hit. Besides being the most tanky class out there, they also do more damage in an AoE than most other classes can do with their most powerful single target abilities.

A 50% damage nerf won't even change this fact. They'd still be the king of PVM and WoE, just not as insanely broken like they currently are.

#68 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:30 AM

Yes same as we have, just add cooldown.

Now other class can having breath. And counter recklessly knight now.

#69 WhyFox

WhyFox

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:30 AM

A class that can get 18k HP, 600 HardDEF with Assumptio, 40% Race reduction, have permanent Agi Up and still can do up to 6k-7k dps with a knockback AREA skill doesn't need a nerf on it's damage? Really? People need to start seeing the bigger picture and expand their field of view a little bit.

It IS the only broken class atm in the server, period. If you jumped on the hype train 'just because', then it's your problem, don't blame on everyone here that don't want to play as a knight.

#70 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:32 AM

That two skills suppose to be Knight Killing switch.

Instead of nerf the Damage, adding cooldown make more sense.

Like in Revo that why it add 10sec cooldown to Asura strike

#71 Chainboy23

Chainboy23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Un:Install

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:33 AM

A class that can get 18k HP, 600 HardDEF with Assumptio, 40% Race reduction, have permanent Agi Up and still can do up to 6k-7k dps with a knockback AREA skill doesn't need a nerf on it's damage? Really? People need to start seeing the bigger picture and expand their field of view a little bit.

It IS the only broken class atm in the server, period. If you jumped on the hype train 'just because', then it's your problem, don't blame on everyone here that don't want to play as a knight.

Tanky and Killer that is able to annihilate multiple players at once?

Of course some people will say that it is balance because those same very people play as Knights lol

Edited by Chainboy23, 06 May 2020 - 09:34 AM.

#72 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:38 AM

Did you know?

source

I second this

Random option upon drop and fever field are Ragnarok Zero exclusive contents too...

Edited by Sigma1, 06 May 2020 - 09:39 AM.

#73 Afith

Afith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:39 AM

m

Dude 18k hp doesnt kill you. 600 hard def is possible because of best enchant in armor which is available to everyone, and yes assumptio is also available to everyone. So Stop whining.

You cannot make 6-7k damage in woe right now, you are lying big time but you cannot fool me.

You cannot even make morethan 5k damage in pvp on a target with assumption and high def even using a top pole axe which your guild has.

So now that will be half in woe 2.5k damage then you want nerf it more??? Lies and lies. You want BS do 1k damage in WoE using the top notch pole axe????

So what does that leave the regular knights who only have pike and not even good enchants?

Clearly you guys just want to eliminate the class in woe and pvp for your monk and saders.

Don’t make me laugh.

#74 Alexsyko

Alexsyko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:47 AM

This months Production Notes?

#75 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2020 - 10:24 AM

You need to make other classes stronger, not bring down knights. They will still be the preferred class and the status quo won't change.

Also

Skills should totally have different balacing on different maps. This is how you prevent your competitive scene ffrom getting f...'d by accumulated power creep. Or if anything, making woe reductions higher to bring down everybody's damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users