Returning AS Ranger, need help with stats and equip please! - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning AS Ranger, need help with stats and equip please!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:51 AM

Hello, really hoping for some help before I reset my skills / stats. I am a returning player and trying to get caught up. I think I have decent equips but want to know what I should work towards and what cards to slot with. I mostly want to go AS build, and I care mostly about doing damage with AS. I hunt mainly with my Sura friend, so rarely am I solo hunting.

Current Stats (I want to reset these, but dont know best AS build)

STR 1

AGI 90
VIT 60

INT 80 (not sure I need this much INT, but maybe I do?)

DEX 120

LUK 86 (working on boosting this to 120ish)

Headgear:

+9 AHB (dolomedes card)

Black Devils Mask (no idea what card to put or replace this item)
Well-Chewed Pencil

Gear:

+9 WWS (Porciello Card, EA2, EA1, EA1)

+9 Kingbird Elven Bow (I want to replace with +12 BXB with x2 AS cards I think? What enchants do I want?)

+9 WWM (FS4, FS4, FS2) (I have a Prism Scarf to replace with when I get rid of White set)

+9 WWB (Firelock Soldier Card) (I have a Temp Dex Boot w/EA and HE AND I have a gray wing boot I can use, not sure which is best)

WWBrooch (replace with Emerald Ring?)

PDM (What card should I put on this?! Gold Scaraba?)

Shadow gear I have no idea and not much zeny to work with. I do have kingbird shadow weapon +0 lol.

So basically I THINK I want to be eventually using WWS, Grey Boots, BXB, Prism Scarf, Emerald Ring (Ill never afford Jupiter) and my PDM. Is this good for my AS build? What cards? What needs to be upgraded? What stats? I do like the idea of high DEX and LUK.

I have about 500m zeny currently, but can get more by selling things. Right now I need a plan to figure out how much I need and what order to get it in and when I can replace my White Wing Set... or maybe I dont even need to? No idea XD

I am nub. Ty Ty <3

#2 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:33 PM

I assume you're going (probably) FULL AS (no DPS-Warg-Crit and no new Focused Arrow Strike build), I suggest to use Seraphim Coronet (costs 300m-400m in Thor server, not sure in Chaos) instead of Black Devil Mask and make your LUK stay around 90 while INT being 120 to both have larger SP pool and getting the full effects of Seraphim Coronet. Remove the AGI stats and probably place them to either INT or LUK if you're going FULL AS route.

As for weapons, if you can farm Resentful Soldier Cards in Illusion (of Moonlight) Payon Cave, replace AS cards with those. They're way stronger than AS cards.

P.S. AS builds might be out of the meta in a later time but it's still a good build.

#3 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:03 AM

I assume you're going (probably) FULL AS (no DPS-Warg-Crit and no new Focused Arrow Strike build), I suggest to use Seraphim Coronet (costs 300m-400m in Thor server, not sure in Chaos) instead of Black Devil Mask and make your LUK stay around 90 while INT being 120 to both have larger SP pool and getting the full effects of Seraphim Coronet. Remove the AGI stats and probably place them to either INT or LUK if you're going FULL AS route.

As for weapons, if you can farm Resentful Soldier Cards in Illusion (of Moonlight) Payon Cave, replace AS cards with those. They're way stronger than AS cards.

P.S. AS builds might be out of the meta in a later time but it's still a good build.

Thank you!

So some things have changed. With incredible luck.... I got a Jupiter Ring AND an Emerald ring right after each other opening just 6 more OCP !!! I still can't believe my luck haha.

Also I should note I am on Chaos server.

I spent my money and now have a +12 BXB with EA enchants.

This is what I have now:

Headgear:

+9 AHB (dolomedes card)

Black Devils Mask
Well-Chewed Pencil

Gear:

+9 WWS (Porciello Card, EA2, EA1, EA1)

+12 BXB EA1, EA1

+7 Prism Scarf

+5 Grey Wing Boot (Will upgrade when I get certs)

Jupiter Ring (NEED CARD)

PDM (NEED CARD)

I dont know anything about that card Resetnful soldier, it seems that AS is more widely used? Is it a money thing?

Is using a Gold Scaraba card on my Jupiter Ring AND my PDM something I should do?

Seraphim Coronet seems like it might be harder if I am getting the 125 LUK for my ring? I dont really want to go high INT.

I am flat broke presently, but I will save towards what will be best.

#4 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 10 May 2020 - 01:12 AM

Since you want to have 125 LUK, I suggest to go hybrid AS+DPS Crit build instead with that setup. I actually haven't seen a single one having PURE AS build with that huge amount of LUK. Most, if not all, pure AS are INT-based, with or without Seraphim.

As for Resentful, it gives 20% damage when carded at bows, and it's not a money thing. You can actually FARM for those cards than just buying it, which is pretty expensive. 

You may also not to put GS cards at accessory cards for now if you don't have enough money yet.

I suggest to have your next target is to replace your middle and lower HG slots to either Mob Scarf + Sunglasses (more damage and more cheaper option) or Gambler Seal + Heart Card in Mouth (more ASPD and Crit while having a tiny bit of damage but way more expensive if you decide to go hybrid).

#5 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:31 AM

Since you want to have 125 LUK, I suggest to go hybrid AS+DPS Crit build instead with that setup. I actually haven't seen a single one having PURE AS build with that huge amount of LUK. Most, if not all, pure AS are INT-based, with or without Seraphim.

As for Resentful, it gives 20% damage when carded at bows, and it's not a money thing. You can actually FARM for those cards than just buying it, which is pretty expensive. 

You may also not to put GS cards at accessory cards for now if you don't have enough money yet.

I suggest to have your next target is to replace your middle and lower HG slots to either Mob Scarf + Sunglasses (more damage and more cheaper option) or Gambler Seal + Heart Card in Mouth (more ASPD and Crit while having a tiny bit of damage but way more expensive if you decide to go hybrid).

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I will probably work towards a mob scarf and sunglasses and I can hold off on the cards and add those later or if a good deal pops up. Currently vending a lot of my old headgears and costumes to try to make some money.

I am going to do a full stat / skill reset since its free right now. Could you help me with my stat reset? I don't want to mess it up.

This is what I am thinking, I know I want high DEX and LUK, but the rest Im not sure. Im fine being glass cannon or I dont mind being a more rounded stat character, I just dont know how to distribute beyond DEX/LUK

STR 1 (leave this at 1?)

AGI 90 (no idea where to get this, but Ive always liked high agi builds)
VIT 60 (is this enough?)

INT 80 (is this enough?)

DEX 120

LUK 125

Also thank you so much for all your help, I really appreciate it :)

#6 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:50 AM

Ok I have thought about this a lot, and what you said about Seraphim Coronet, and I want to make it work with my Jupiter ring. If my intention is to make AS as powerful and awesome as possible, would this work:

STR 1

AGI 1
VIT 50

INT 120 (and getting Seraphims Coronet)

DEX 108

LUK 126 (confused does this need to be 125 or 126? Ive seen both references with Jupiter ring)

NOW if I do THAT... wouldnt it also be more beneficial if I took off my PDM and replaced it with my Emerald Ring? It seems I would not be getting as many benefits from PDM anymore. This means I would be using a Jupiter ring and Emerald Ring.

What effect will reducing my Dex to 108 be?

What are your thoughts on this build? Keep in mind, I only really do PvM, I almost always hunt with my Sura friend who tanks everything and I kill and we do enjoy doing MvP type things and want to work our way there someday.

#7 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:30 PM

126 is if you use PDM.

#8 majorFROST

majorFROST

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:23 AM

Can AS 1 shot ntc? Without relying toomuch with no limit i only have wws set +9 pdm +9 ahb my current build is hybrid type can 2 shot nct iwonder if i can optimize it further with cheap eqps. As much as possible no nct headgear since my int is just 1 and rely to ahb sp leach

#9 majorFROST

majorFROST

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:23 AM

Can AS 1 shot ntc? Without relying toomuch with no limit i only have wws set +9 pdm +9 ahb my current build is hybrid type can 2 shot nct iwonder if i can optimize it further with cheap eqps. As much as possible no nct headgear since my int is just 1 and rely to ahb sp leach

#10 igtenos

igtenos

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 03:12 AM

I have this dilemma of going to Mob Scarf or SC.

With PDM and LUK 126, it doesn't give enough AGI for survival I believe, if using SC.

Is the damage difference with SC too big?

[EDIT1] I tested Mob Scarf + PDM (36str+126luk) = Disapointment <3 <3 <3
I'll test Seraphim soon as possible.

[EDIT2] Seraphim is absurd. Go and get them lol - Have a prohibitive price, but worth it.

Edited by igtenos, 10 August 2020 - 10:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users