#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:11 PM

Hey folks!

Another month has started and time continues to march into May.

You may remember during the month of April, we implemented the Skill Balance Update (nfGqzCP.png3X5nqY6.png) along with Advanced Old Glast Heim (3X5nqY6.png).

Moving into May, we have the following projects in the works:

• A multi-update story line quest (nfGqzCP.png)
  • New Dungeons (nfGqzCP.png)
  • Starting the path towards Transcendence Classes (nfGqzCP.png)
  • Discussing with the studio the plans after Transcendence Classes are implemented
  • WoE Schedule Adjustments (Please see end of post for links)
  • Bug fixes for previous updates
    • Reported skill issues
    • Costume back item display Issues
    • Server error issue (nfGqzCP.png)
  • Mass Brewing Assistance NPC (nfGqzCP.png)

Currently on RT Sakray, the first round of balance testing for limited knight skills is applied. This is to make sure that the function call works properly before we finalize the change. Next, we will test its interaction with current WoE Reductions and in a PvP environment. We will be updating the numbers as we go forward.

If you have any feedback or concerns, please address them in the feedback thread that can be found here: https://forums.warpp...hread-5-6-2020/

Unfortunately, the first round of Mass Brewing Assistance NPCs (nfGqzCP.png) did not work correctly. We cannot remove the need for certain classes to be present for the skill to work, so instead, we started development of a different NPC.

• Requires all the supplies for one cast of Spiritual Potion Creation 2
  • Returns 75% of the potion cap as named slim potions
  • Does NOT provide ranking points when used

Please make sure to vote for your WoE Times appropriate for the server. These polls will be open until May 29th.

• WoE will take place on different days. Time precedence will be WoE 1WoE TE, and WoE 2 (As applicable to each server)
  • Best three times will be used for each server

(nfGqzCP.png) Poring WoE Time Survey
https://forms.gle/tz4By3FkfyhUYrCa7

(3X5nqY6.png)

Chaos WoE 1Time Survey
https://forms.gle/wR9mbbgXiHdonrSE8

Chaos WoE 2Time Survey

https://forms.gle/XwQaK9RP78KjYZu79

Chaos WoE TE Time Survey

https://forms.gle/L9Eq9jwA2NeAbdW7A

(3X5nqY6.png)

Thor WoE 1 Time Survey
https://forms.gle/zsvwVELCKDYEdnQx5

Thor WoE 2 Time Survey

https://forms.gle/tcjSQbKsSBxh1kkA7

Thor WoE TE Time Survey

https://forms.gle/7KoQhrrX6M2YJPqv8

There is also another studio update in the works that is being targeted for June/July. However, we don't have the exact timeline nailed down, so we cannot announce a date when testing will begin. It will contain both a balance and content patch element.

Stay safe out there!

:lv:  :p_smile:

Ragnarok Online Team

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

If you play Renewal, I recommend submitting ideas or participating here:

https://forums.warpp...-project-vol-2/

#3 Afith

Afith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:33 PM

Moving into May, we have the following projects in the works:

• Starting the path towards Transcendence Classes (nfGqzCP.png)

If we are having it this month, or next month. There will be no need to adjust knights skill other than the Str factor.

It is imperative to look at the Str% factor in the damage calculation. Or a Megingjard user will just go on YOLO wiping everyone in WoE and PvP.

Edited by Afith, 08 May 2020 - 04:34 PM.

#4 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

there are 3 woes on renewal. te woe 1 woe 2 how are we going to choose the which days is for which?

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

there are 3 woes on renewal. te woe 1 woe 2 how are we going to choose the which days is for which?

• WoE will take place on different days. Time precedence will be WoE 1WoE TE, and WoE 2 (As applicable to each server)

#6 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:42 PM

Would there be any future updates this or next month for Renewal?

#7 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:44 PM

If we are having it this month, or next month. There will be no need to adjust knights skill other than the Str factor.

It is imperative to look at the Str% factor in the damage calculation. Or a Megingjard user will just go on YOLO wiping everyone in WoE and PvP.

Were working towards it. But no date has been set yet. We want to have a plan in place that the studio will support for character progression afterwards. Because we know that third class skills would deeply unbalance the server.

Would there be any future updates this or next month for Renewal?

There is also another studio update in the works that is being targeted for June/July. However, we don't have the exact timeline nailed down, so we cannot announce a date when testing will begin. It will contain both a balance and content patch element.

#8 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:46 PM

not being persistent but when is the fix of skill update in renewal specially in my case about assumption buff icon and basilica too? on the out of topic can you change the design of kafra employees i know its nostalgic seeing their design but it would be nice if they change to uhhh anime like i guess...

#9 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:48 PM

What do you mean by "content" exactly that is really vague, a new patch? (Illusion/17.x) or old content we are missing, like missing items or instances, or an update on the DB thats far from updated?

Edited by Leonchascon, 08 May 2020 - 04:50 PM.

#10 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

So best three times will be used for each server and by priority, it would be WoE 1, then WoE TE and lastly WoE 2?

#11 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:57 PM

I see. Thank you. Take your time on providing us new contents and balances. But since the time to be implemented is not yet confirmed to be in July, how about those balance and content, is there any confirmed things that will be placed? I hope it's AB and SC skill rebalance and Illusion Abyss and Teddy Bear contents.

#12 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:01 PM

@Campitor We already voted before on WoE One times for RT, why are you catering to cry babies that are not even suppose to be on this server?

unknown.png

Edited by ShekelShark, 08 May 2020 - 05:02 PM.

#13 Ylliw

Ylliw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:04 PM

These update Camp for renewal. Ability to Use 1st and 2nd merchant skill tree for Mechanic while in mado gear . It was updated on kRo alongside 1st and 2nd rebalance update  :thx:

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...=7033&curpage=7

https://forums.warpp...do-gear-update/

#14 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:07 PM

The next content maybe AB improvement because the rebalance patch unintentionally removed Eucharistica from the skill tree.

#15 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:17 PM

The next content maybe AB improvement because the rebalance patch unintentionally removed Eucharistica from the skill tree.

Really hope it's AB improvement since I already reported about that removed Eucharistica skill in the bug report thread.

#16 Grief Heart

Grief Heart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:19 PM

• Bug fixes for previous updates
    • Reported skill issues

Would this happen to include the missing options for different size targets for RoT? (like +x% to small/ medium/ large monsters) or is that not something to fix? Really curious about it.

#17 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:22 PM

do you still care about Chaos & Thor's PvP?

SC already a god tier before the broken Meteor Assault and now the class use this too.

its kinda insulting when a supposed debuff class doing more damage than all other melee class except GX.

#18 Alexsyko

Alexsyko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:28 PM

• Starting the path towards Transcendence Classes (nfGqzCP.png)

Woah woah woah. We don't even have a single Expanded class in the game and you guys are talking about Trans already? Shouldn't we at lease have Ninja since that's one of the Expanded classes in Zero?

Edited by Alexsyko, 08 May 2020 - 05:35 PM.

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:47 PM

do you still care about Chaos & Thor's PvP?

SC already a god tier before the broken Meteor Assault and now the class use this too.

its kinda insulting when a supposed debuff class doing more damage than all other melee class except GX.

There is very little you can do. iRO is only following kRO and it would only open a can of worms if they start altering any updates. iRO is known for kRO updates + jRO items. Whatever happens to make certain classes excessively strong or certain classes obnoxiously weak, its out of your control. What you can control is to pick the class you think is the most broken. 

[Removed]
I'm happy if following kRO updates, at least Royal guard is not at the bottom  :ani_slur:  :ani_slur:  :ani_slur:

Edited by VModCinnamon, 08 May 2020 - 09:02 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed, video of illegal server.

#20 BraveCloud

BraveCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Server:Chaos/Poring

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:54 PM

How come all RT??

Where is my renewal update?

Can someone enlighten me?

#21 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

There is very little you can do. iRO is only following kRO and it would only open a can of worms if they start altering any updates. iRO is known for kRO updates + jRO items. Whatever happens to make certain classes excessively strong or certain classes obnoxiously weak, its out of your control. What you can control is to pick the class you think is the most broken.

I'm happy if following kRO updates, at least Royal guard is not at the bottom :ani_slur: :ani_slur: :ani_slur:

you should know that my GX is geared and i can farm and woe using him but i dont simply because i'm not a bandwagon.

Edited by awesomegeek, 08 May 2020 - 06:00 PM.

#22 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:05 PM

you should know that my GX is geared and i can farm and woe using him but i dont simply because i'm not a bandwagon.

I know. I also have Megs and I can just gear up and kill Nightmare Amdarais in 1 second cus most items are just basic and cheap, but I also choose not to. But I aint gonna stop other people from jumping on a bandwagon. Its up to them. If I was aiming to farm as fast as I could, that is, I would play GX too. Kill Nightmare Amdarais in 1 seconds instead of 2 mins, which adds up if you do this instance everyday.

About GX being in WoE .... most classes rape GX. The busier WoE is, the worse it comes to GX. Since, Chaos WoE doesnt offer any good rewards, not enough to make people do WoE. Participating in WoE or not is irrelevant I think.

#23 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:51 PM

Why are we getting trans classes so soon? And we already had a vote for woe RT

#24 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:17 PM

Which one is coming to this May live on servers? The notes are so vague if it's just plans or something to be actually implemented this May

#25 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:23 PM

Please make sure to vote for your WoE Times appropriate for the server. These polls will be open until May 29th.

(nfGqzCP.png) Poring WoE Time Survey
https://forms.gle/tz4By3FkfyhUYrCa7

(3X5nqY6.png) Chaos WoE Time Survey
https://forms.gle/wR9mbbgXiHdonrSE8

(3X5nqY6.png) Thor WoE Time Survey
https://forms.gle/zsvwVELCKDYEdnQx5

Stay safe out there!

:lv:  :p_smile:

Ragnarok Online Team

Hi Campitor, should the timing of WOE Training Edition change to the list of timing stated by you. On behalf of my guild, we will consider to stand down indefinitely till further notice once it commence in June/July whichever it is. I believe you will not mind on the declining population of iRO/WOE since pretty much all the veteran left. 

This been a forever argument since my guild start to WOE in Training Edition since 2017. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users