40 Novice Bots at gef_dun01 [Ogretooth] - RT- - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

40 Novice Bots at gef_dun01 [Ogretooth] - RT-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#1 RagAventureiro

RagAventureiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:08 AM

There's a guy using 40 novice bots to find the Ogretooth's respawn for like 2 months and dominating the mini boss to him.
Map: Gef_dun01
Time: ALL DAY. 24h/7

I've already sent several tickets and I didnt see any results... Are you going to do something about it??????

I'm starting to suspect you and a big black market scheme involved in that!!!

Cmon @Staff, all you have to do is ban the novices...they're there all day!!!

#2 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:13 AM

How do you know they are bots? All they do is sit there dead all day.

While I agree it's kind of underhanded, I'm not sure there's anything in the rules that says you can't have 40 characters online at once.There would probably need to be some revision to the rules before the GMs would be able to do anything about it.

Or, perhaps, we could get the update from kRO which prevents you from seeing anything on screen while you're dead. That would also handily solve the problem. But with the way we are struggling to even get bug fixes from kRO, I'm not holding my breath for this one.

#3 RagAventureiro

RagAventureiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

While I agree it's kind of underhanded, I'm not sure there's anything in the rules that says you can't have 40 characters online at once.There would probably need to be some revision to the rules before the GMs would be able to do anything about it.

Or, perhaps, we could get the update from kRO which prevents you from seeing anything on screen while you're dead. That would also handily solve the problem. But with the way we are struggling to even get bug fixes from kRO, I'm not holding my breath for this one.

Dude this is pixel bot   >>>>40<<<< Novices...Again... 40 !!!!
Or do you really think that the guy is using 40 Ragnarok windows open at the same time? wtf

Of course is BOT, and he's using for like 2~3 months, the staff already have information about that and DO NOTHING.

#4 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

Absolutely no feasible way for a human being to check 40 screens constantly. They are bots. They likely send a ping when ogre tooth is on their screen

#5 RagAventureiro

RagAventureiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:19 AM

Exactly, and he use to kill in less than 1 minute. Impossible to alt+tab that fast.

#6 TommyHX

TommyHX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:20 AM

yea I already sent tons of tickets too. The funniest answer that I received from WP was when I asked if that was legal and they said "it could lead to account suspension". I wonder then why they have not banned any novice since....

Edited by TommyHX, 15 May 2020 - 10:21 AM.

#7 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:52 AM

It's a joke, right? It's not possible that I have to read this.

#8 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:04 AM

QI -100.

#9 jajajohn

jajajohn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:49 AM

This is why we need the kRO update that blacks out screen when dead and only lets you PLAY DEAD for 60 seconds+60 seconds cooldown. There are bots also on the Dragon Fly map doing this. It is 100% not legitimate play if you watch the behavior of these characters.

#10 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:06 PM

It's a lot harder to prove that a dead character is a bot than you might think. And in an environment where we have tons of 99 Crusader bots rampaging around the world in plain sight not being dealt with, something a lot less obvious is probably going to fly under the radar.

But I guess I'm "QI" 100 so you can ignore me lol.

#11 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:08 PM

With all of these bot issues, I'm starting to think that they want bots.

#12 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:13 PM

From what I've heard this is maintained by a group of players/clan. This is how it works:

They are making an edited version of ragnarok that can be very small (about 100x100). This has an edited GRF where everything is white/transparent except for the Tirfing mob which is a big Green box that can be seen for afar. They also have some zoom hack that allows them to zoom out the screen a lot so the can easily see all the visible area around the dead novice (about 30x30 area). They then open many of this screen, keep the position close to where it is in the real map, so they can easily identify the region where the mob is. They then run a dedicated pc for this, and they have a private live stream of this system, and all the players involved monitor the stream and keep sharing the time when the mob was last seen. They also have a pixel bot that monitor the stream for the specific color the mob has, and immediately sends a message/alert when the mob is alive.

When its alive, one of the players involved logs and kills the monster with one of the killers (most likely a crusader 99).

If you are not disgusted yet, those players have been doing this for many months now, and it has netted them a few billion zeny.

Edited by XianHuo, 15 May 2020 - 12:16 PM.

#13 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:14 PM

Wait, WTF? I remember a time in Ragnarok where GM's would take action on anyone performing any action in-game that 'went against the accepted rules of play', or 'interfered in normal play for others'. What I'm hearing goes well beyond that, considering it interfers in the ability of ANY OTHER CHARACTER to hunt a monster on that map, AND, the person is using illegal bots to do it as well. 

Okay, I'm convinced - Gravity/WarpPortal (iRO Transcdence) will NOT remove bots from this game. It is just not a priority - period.

#14 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:23 PM

Btw, this is the official position from when I posted this a while ago https://forums.warpp...ooth-spawn-247/:

Hello there,
This is not the first time this behavior comes up as it has been an ongoing issue also on Renewal servers, such as using classes that can perfectly hide or play dead in rare spawn maps.
Here what was the stance on them, that as long as the user is not automating the characters then the GM staff will not be able to act. With that's said, it does indeed provide a hefty amount of advantage which has been brought up to the staff on numbers of occasions. 

Supposedly kRO fixed this by turning the dead character's screen darker and adding delay/duration to Play Dead. It would be a matter of time of when we will get it.Though personally I agree with you, this is way too advantageous even though technically the act itself is not labeled as ill-mannered.

You can add further concern by the way to existing topic here:
https://forums.warpp...-transcendence/

#15 TommyHX

TommyHX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:38 PM

From what I've heard this is maintained by a group of players/clan. This is how it works:

They are making an edited version of ragnarok that can be very small (about 100x100). This has an edited GRF where everything is white/transparent except for the Tirfing mob which is a big Green box that can be seen for afar. They also have some zoom hack that allows them to zoom out the screen a lot so the can easily see all the visible area around the dead novice (about 30x30 area). They then open many of this screen, keep the position close to where it is in the real map, so they can easily identify the region where the mob is. They then run a dedicated pc for this, and they have a private live stream of this system, and all the players involved monitor the stream and keep sharing the time when the mob was last seen. They also have a pixel bot that monitor the stream for the specific color the mob has, and immediately sends a message/alert when the mob is alive.

When its alive, one of the players involved logs and kills the monster with one of the killers (most likely a crusader 99).

If you are not disgusted yet, those players have been doing this for many months now, and it has netted them a few billion zeny.

Disgusting. Here is what I received from WP Team when I asked if it was legal.

"Greetings,

We don't suggest you do this kind of behavior, because it will lead your account to suspend.
We hope you understand the situation.

Regards"

#16 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:06 PM

When some people say competition, what they mean is exploitation lol

#17 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:22 PM

wow that explains why there are dead novices in some maps.. they are using them as 'CCTV' lol

#18 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:29 PM

This scenario while is very possible is not what they are doing, similar to people who had this excuse of having 50 vends and having the same excuse when it's just really bots and doing the PM thing, my guild used this before on our previous server and we had exactly the same excuse to make it sound legit. Who would go through this hassle when you can just do the same thing with just as easy as botting without getting caught.

#19 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:06 PM

This scenario while is very possible is not what they are doing, similar to people who had this excuse of having 50 vends and having the same excuse when it's just really bots and doing the PM thing, my guild used this before on our previous server and we had exactly the same excuse to make it sound legit. Who would go through this hassle when you can just do the same thing with just as easy as botting without getting caught.

In this server bots are a paid service: you will have to pay someone to provide you a bypass service for EAC. This costs about $80 for 5 slots and it only runs in Visual mode, which means they still need to have a Ragnarok client open for each character they have, so I doubt those guys are paying to run their farm, since the option to not do it is more profitable.

#20 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:43 PM

If only there is a feature to prevent this dead CCTV chars...

Oh wait, there is the blackout screen and play dead timer. Sadly this ain't 1:1 kRO zero, so just play with preventable abuse like this.

#21 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:20 PM

let me try  B) 

i like to see how incompetent they can be
like to see their offical response 

gona report someone in renewal for the same reason.

Edited by bearl, 15 May 2020 - 11:35 PM.

#22 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:43 PM

Is it play dead? Or actual ded?
Wonder if they can make dead pipol auto-dc after 30mins - 1hr.

#23 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:11 AM

Is it play dead? Or actual ded?
Wonder if they can make dead pipol auto-dc after 30mins - 1hr.

rad idea, +1

#24 Xsansao

Xsansao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:20 AM

I read a topic about this exactly problem 2months ago, it's scary that nothing was done.

#25 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:34 AM

This is nothing new. It event was rampant in Renewal where they used Doram. People always exploit that's the sad truth.

This is why I stopped reporting and tried ingenuity to battle this bots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users