May 15th Transcendence Server Restart - Page 2 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 15th Transcendence Server Restart

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#26 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:35 PM

I remember atleast Oda would stream every thursday where he go around looking for bot and banned them live.

Good times. I miss him

#27 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:44 PM

Botters will simply stop botting while this event is on.

Seeing as there are a ton of lvl 99 bots unpunished I think ANYTHING at this point would be better. Someone said that some bots can detect when a GM enters the area and disconect, you could find out what triggers the response from the bot and place that on the maps filled with them. For example, if it's something on the name of the GM or specific sprite just dump that on the middle of a map to have bots constantly flagging it as a threat. Again, at this point you could basically do anything and have better results than what it is currently being done.

Edited by monicako669, 15 May 2020 - 12:49 PM.

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:45 PM

Servers are open

#29 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:47 PM

There we go again with the "ignore, as long as we are making money"

#30 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:48 PM

lmao

#31 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:07 PM

There we go again with the "ignore, as long as we are making money"

I see the issues with bots but right now I can't prioritize them if the server continues to freeze up and delete mail at random.

#32 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:15 PM

I see the issues with bots but right now I can't prioritize them if the server continues to freeze up and delete mail at random.

I have no idea what criteria are needed for the ban. Any layman can identify a Bot on any map in that game. Why is there no one on your team doing daily monitoring on maps that are frequently reported on tickets? Is there a contract clause that prevents you from making a massive ban on these accounts? I'm sorry Campitor, we don't want to burden you with these complaints, but something needs to be done urgently and we can't depend on EAC.

#33 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:26 PM

I have no idea what criteria are needed for the ban. Any layman can identify a Bot on any map in that game. Why is there no one on your team doing daily monitoring on maps that are frequently reported on tickets? Is there a contract clause that prevents you from making a massive ban on these accounts? I'm sorry Campitor, we don't want to burden you with these complaints, but something needs to be done urgently and we can't depend on EAC.

To be banned bots need to fail a series of tests and match known botting behavior. Merely disconnecting when we see them is not enough. But if were monitoring a user and they disconnect every time we view them 10 times in a row then yes they need to be banned. Our biggest word is documentation. We also trace where stuff goes and then use that to find related accounts.

The current GM process isn't perfect it needs to be improved and that comes through training. I want them to do better and Astra is constantly pushing them to do better. Every time you PM her on twitter facebook or even the forums I see her ask the GMs whats going on with particular reports, and I push for these things when I have time. Your complaints are very much heard and being forwarded.

#34 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:36 PM

Why not try adding some sort of captcha to mess bots up?

#35 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:45 PM

To be banned bots need to fail a series of tests and match known botting behavior. Merely disconnecting when we see them is not enough. But if were monitoring a user and they disconnect every time we view them 10 times in a row then yes they need to be banned. Our biggest word is documentation. We also trace where stuff goes and then use that to find related accounts.

The current GM process isn't perfect it needs to be improved and that comes through training. I want them to do better and Astra is constantly pushing them to do better. Every time you PM her on twitter facebook or even the forums I see her ask the GMs whats going on with particular reports, and I push for these things when I have time. Your complaints are very much heard and being forwarded.

CAptcha is all you need Camp :c

#36 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:53 PM

What kind of bot would waits for you to finish those series of tests? Like really? And  10 times in a row? you think botters would reconnect right away after they disconnect coz they see u?? a lot of lvl 99 bots are roaming famous spots, you tell me those bots have passed your test or that you are still waiting for them to fail your series of test? that is ridiculous! take advantage of your EULA and do what you have to do. Please rethink the way you deal with bots, the idea is plainly stupid

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 15 May 2020 - 02:54 PM.

#37 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:06 PM

you know guys I've seen this scenario and CM's comments/reply when re:start server is open back then , if you want bots remove just ruin the economy and stop playing doing so the bot users will stop , i already saw that so i go only for renewal because i learned my lessons in re:start , but if you really want to play RT just ignore the bots regardless how annoyed from them , EAC didn't help at ALL remember that guys...

#38 Phantasyworld

Phantasyworld

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:47 PM

Hahahaha really? you guys asking for bot ban?, i can understand for new players, but old ones? Campitor say the same words (almost like copy and paste he writte in RESTART Server) and he did but only for a few days (that day was epic from "10k of players" login become to "2.4k-3k of players login"), after that they never even try to ban bots again, why? i dont know, but the amount of bots increase for months again and...idk what happen after since i leave the server. But to be honest i compare ROT with Restart and i see less amount of bots here, maybe really work that "anticheat system" for those who dont really know how to bot and just copy step by step guides from certain sites xD..

Now i think about it, what happen with REstart and Classic servers? lol

#39 kimlee

kimlee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:48 PM

CAptcha pls. The bots are out of control. Alot my friends are quitting this server due to bots. PLEASE added CAptcha

#40 Xillor

Xillor

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:23 PM

not to be devils advocate or anything but captcha is extremely easy to code around for script writers and hasn't really been an effective anti-bot solution in over a decade

#41 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:28 PM

All the people whine about bots did not play restart. EAC has cut them down dramatically. You think this is bad, well you should have seen that server. Inflation is relatively low for how long we’ve been alive as a server. We’re fine.

Ty for the transparency camp. Some of us do appreciate it

#42 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:06 PM

All the people whine about bots did not play restart. EAC has cut them down dramatically. You think this is bad, well you should have seen that server. Inflation is relatively low for how long we’ve been alive as a server. We’re fine.

We are "fine" for now. Do you really think we should expect to get worse to do something? What happened to the other servers was not enough for us to know which way to go this time?
There is no point in updating the EAC if in two weeks they will already circumvent the system again. Either this game will have a severe monitoring routine, or it will end in the same way as the others. They are paying dearly for an Anti-Cheat that does NOTHING

#43 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:06 AM

CAptcha is all you need Camp :c

Man, stop pushing more works for legit player pls.

EAC already enough, now I can't even play your(Gravity Interaction) mobile game anymore  :heh:

#44 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:21 AM

when's astra next event?

can she stream on twitch & disconnect / warp bots?
dont have to ban. too much work

it's way more fun then hide & seek

#45 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:36 AM

Man, stop pushing more works for legit player pls.

EAC already enough, now I can't even play your(Gravity Interaction) mobile game anymore  :heh:

More works for bots maybe to write scripts. For legit players who are on the screen? It literally takes less than 3 seconds lol

#46 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:55 AM

Three seconds is an eternity when you have a mob or a boss on you.

And yeah, if it was at login, it could probably slow down bots for a week or two, then it would just exist solely to bother real players. Doesn't seem like a very good solution.

Edited by TwilightsCall, 16 May 2020 - 12:56 AM.

#47 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:50 AM

More works for bots maybe to write scripts. For legit players who are on the screen? It literally takes less than 3 seconds lol

lol, that cpu creep from EAC already enough to make me half-quit  :heh:

how about remove EAC and add captchar instead.  :gg:

#48 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:41 AM

Patch Notes today ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users