[RT] Crit Agi Knight Build and Equipment Questions - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[RT] Crit Agi Knight Build and Equipment Questions

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Litsunero

Litsunero

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:39 AM

Hello! I’ve played Ragnarok from 2004-2005 and then Renewal back in 2011 so my knowledge is a little limited from the Meta during those times.

I’m a casual gamer and has always been wanting to make a crit knight, the crisp crit sound just make grinding for me fun.

My planned stats is
STR - xx
AGI - xx
VIT - 50
DEX - 50
INT - 1
LUK - xx
I dont know if the format is right but, Im just trying to hit 50 on dex and vit and the rest Ill balance out between agi luk and str. Please feel free to criticize/suggest.

Do we have an item info guide for transcendence? I dont know yet which items/equipment to aim for. Is four slots low level weapon better again than low slot high level weapon? Back in the days, from what I remember people are using 2bloody2bloned composite bow/pike rather than their higher level low slotted counterparts.

My target equips as of the moment-
Headgear - hair brush?
Mid - Fin helm?
Lower - Cain?
Body - Full plate with good options?
Garments - Manteau? Raydric or whisper?
Footgear - Boots? which card?
Accessory - Clip of Counter? - Rosary of Counter?
Weapon - I have muramasa (surprised theyre selling for 100k)
I really have no idea with regards to the equiment. Are elemental swords still good? Or should I look for ones with good options? If anyone has free time kindly suggest me starting gears and then end gears. It would be nice if gears are non dungeon specific for starters so that I can switch places to grind to make it fun, but I can invest some dungeon specific equipment in the future too. Your help and knowledge is highly appreciated. Im trying to just farm as of the moment but wouldnt mind buying kafra points then selling in game if its legal to gain a little bit of money. Thank you and sorry for the long post.

#2 fr33x

fr33x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 18 May 2020 - 02:38 PM

Sounds about right, seems like you have your equipments in place and they are pretty good.

For Garment: Get Raydric for 20% reduction from monster or if you are confident in your flee rate, get whisper since it's cheaper.

For Footgear: If you are rich, get a +9 so you can use firelock soldier, otherwise Verit or Matyr is a good choice.

And to answer your weapon choice question, High base attack and low slots is generally better than low attack high slots nowadays since calculations for ATK% only affects weapon ATK. Some cards that can make use of low attack high slots like Crit% (Paper, Cruiser, etc), AS (Range %), Tamrua(Skill %)

Finally, just adding onto your build, you might want to prioritize getting ASPD gears (Like +2 ASPD Muramasa, AGI on gears, etc)

Edited by fr33x, 18 May 2020 - 02:42 PM.

#3 Litsunero

Litsunero

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:52 PM

Thank you very much fr33x!

#4 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:44 PM

Basically, as an agi knight, you'll still be tanking monsters in RT as hit rate of monsters are very high even if you have flee garment and weapon, id recommend getting enough agi just to get enough atkspeed, and go for raydric garment and neutral armor resistance. 64-67 agi should get you to 190 with muramasa that has aspd+2.. play around 60ish for luck. 

As for accesory, you might want Kobold for crit chance, but i prefer spring rabbit since again, RT monster hit rate is stupid and you just get hit with anything. Heck even thief classes need flee weapon/wisper to dodge high level monsters

#5 Litsunero

Litsunero

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:13 PM

Thank you CadburyChocolate! I’ll look into the spring rabbit card. I didn’t know about it, its a fit for me because I use meat for pots since its cheaper than bottled potions. Thank you for the stat suggestions.

Ive been using Muramasa for quite a while now, started at level 48 Im now level 51 and I havent been cursed yet. Did they take the curse side effect of the muramasa off?

#6 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:31 PM

Note that raydric is top end and very expensive in the seven million range.

Harpy cards offer almost as much protection at 15% for half a mil.

If you can get your hands on a +9 garment though a baby orc card offers 15% reduction and 15 flee.

As for the curse, iirc luck reduces curse chance by 1% per point and the murasama has a 1/1000 base chance to curse.

So if you've already got a lot of luck that's probably why, and if you don't... I don't know.

#7 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:45 PM

My target equips as of the moment-
Headgear - hair brush? This is good for Crit.
Mid - Fin helm? A good defense mid headgear. You can also get a Masquerade for +3% damage to demi human
Lower - Cain? Yes because there's no other lower headgear we can think of
Body - Full plate with good options? in RO T, there are Coat/Chain mail with 2 enchant options. The most important one that you should get is +10-20% neutral resistance and a MHP%. You can also consider getting 45-50% SP recovery to help reduce SP consumption.
Garments - Manteau? Raydric or whisper? Manteau (Raydric/Harpy/ Whisper) or +9 manteau (orcbaby/ nine tails/green maiden)
Footgear - Boots? which card? Greaves (Martyr / Ferus) or +9 Greaves (Antique Firelock)
Accessory - Clip of Counter? - Rosary of Counter? Brooch (of counter) or Spring Rabbit like what @Cadbury suggested
Weapon - I have muramasa (surprised theyre selling for 100k) What's the stats of the Muramasa that you've bought? a high atk enchant and 20%+ racial will be the most precious Muramasa that you should aim.

I really have no idea with regards to the equiment. Are elemental swords still good? Or should I look for ones with good options?
Look for weapons with good options. You can get endow scrolls or use Dual Endow sage to buff your weapon. Elemental swords are probably good if you are levelling/hunting a map that  has different property monsters, as you can switch 2 different elements according to monster's element

Edited by EdwardEG, 18 May 2020 - 11:49 PM.

#8 fr33x

fr33x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:18 AM

Note that raydric is top end and very expensive in the seven million range.
Harpy cards offer almost as much protection at 15% for half a mil.
If you can get your hands on a +9 garment though a baby orc card offers 15% reduction and 15 flee.

As for the curse, iirc luck reduces curse chance by 1% per point and the murasama has a 1/1000 base chance to curse.
So if you've already got a lot of luck that's probably why, and if you don't... I don't know.

Harpy card prevents neutral enemies (or formless?), not neutral attack. It’s a typo since millennial. The other cards that works like Raydric is Orc Baby.

Edited by fr33x, 19 May 2020 - 09:18 AM.

#9 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:33 AM

Wow, that's incredibly crappy.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:35 AM

Harpy card is 15% neutral resistance on iRO

#11 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:23 PM

Thank you CadburyChocolate! I’ll look into the spring rabbit card. I didn’t know about it, its a fit for me because I use meat for pots since its cheaper than bottled potions. Thank you for the stat suggestions.

Ive been using Muramasa for quite a while now, started at level 48 Im now level 51 and I havent been cursed yet. Did they take the curse side effect of the muramasa off?

Never got cursed as of now, though started late as an agi knight. IMO, you dont have much choice with weapon right now are equips are too limited and +30 crit is too good to pass as an agi knight compared to other two handed sword

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:37 PM

the chance is very low and it still has to go through your curse resistance (luk)

#13 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 19 May 2020 - 04:22 PM

It said 0.1% chance. So i guess thats too low?

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1164/

Anyway there is another endgame two handed sword which is Zweihander (unbreakable) and it will be much better if it get successfully slotted.. which is very rare unless someone dares to slot it with 20% success chance

Edited by EdwardEG, 19 May 2020 - 04:28 PM.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 04:31 PM

No, it won't be better.

#15 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:51 PM

It said 0.1% chance. So i guess thats too low?

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1164/

Anyway there is another endgame two handed sword which is Zweihander (unbreakable) and it will be much better if it get successfully slotted.. which is very rare unless someone dares to slot it with 20% success chance

You lose the option when slotting and unless there is a card that gives that much crit then it wouldnt be worth it

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:09 PM

zweihander has 45 wATK over murasama (2~ ish card slots)

murasama has 30 crit rate (equivalent to 3~ card slots) and 8% aspd (1 card slot, ish)

#17 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:11 PM

You lose the option when slotting and unless there is a card that gives that much crit then it wouldnt be worth it

Oh... i just know this. Thanks for enlighten it up!

zweihander has 45 wATK over murasama (2~ ish card slots)

murasama has 30 crit rate (equivalent to 3~ card slots) and 8% aspd (1 card slot, ish)

Yeah since Zweihander options lost when slotting, Muramasa is still the best 2-handed sword for CRIT build.

#18 Litsunero

Litsunero

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:22 AM

Thank you guys for all the replies! I really appreciate your insights! I at least have a general direction on where to go and what equipment to obtain now. I got a wolf card do you know how much they go for, or is it trash? cant seem to find it posted on the shopping board in prontera.

I bought my muramasa for 100k it has crit + 7 and 12% damage to poison enemies. I'll try to invest on it more when I got the money, when looking for a Muramasa is it generally like this +Atk > Aspd > Crit? So I should just try to look for a muramasa with the closest to +60 attack possible with at least a decent 2nd option?

I noticed the full plates posted on the shopping board don't have any options? Thank you for suggesting the chain mails with options, I'd rather have extra bonuses rather than the extra defense the full plate offers compared to chain mail. 

Thank you for the Orc baby card suggestion I think this is one of my end game targets, cause Im torn on flee and neutral resist so why not get both? a +9orc baby muffler is just a little bit more expensive than a raydric manteau as I found out on the shopping board.

As for the greaves I've tried to search them on the shopping board but found none for sale, so do you think a matyr boots will be okay?

Also, I still haven't been cursed. Wearing muramasa since level 48, Im 69 now. Just wondering because almost all ragnaroks I've played (mostly Philippines and Southeast Asia Servers) I will always get cursed before getting 50 hits. But I'll take it hopefully the curse chance stays this low.

Again thank you guys! I really dont know where to search because this server is kinda one of a kind in its own way and most guides are outdated and some suggests equipment we currently dont have.

#19 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:01 AM

I got a wolf card do you know how much they go for, or is it trash? cant seem to find it posted on the shopping board in prontera.

I bought my muramasa for 100k it has crit + 7 and 12% damage to poison enemies. I'll try to invest on it more when I got the money, when looking for a Muramasa is it generally like this +Atk > Aspd > Crit? So I should just try to look for a muramasa with the closest to +60 attack possible with at least a decent 2nd option?

As for the greaves I've tried to search them on the shopping board but found none for sale, so do you think a matyr boots will be okay?

Wolf card is sold in 1.5m+ zeny (But keep on checking on shopping board, the price sometimes fluctuates). Not trash its still a good card even tho the atk power is less than Andre and zipper bear.

Yes a +60atk option will always be best enchant for weapons.

There are slotted Greaves available which is sold around 4m+ (you can even slot greaves bought from Juno. I just grab 1 with 6 failed attempts) Its indeed expensive in terms of defense value than boots. But getting boots matyr is good too for intermediate stage.

Edited by EdwardEG, 20 May 2020 - 06:10 PM.

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:24 AM

crit damage>atk>aspd/crit rate

#21 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:39 PM

with the current available items, i'd go aspd> atk > critdamage > crit. for mura as 100+ crit rate seems to be impossible solo / highly expensive.

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:58 PM

crit damage will affect the status portion and mastery, so it's neck and neck with atk/ a bit better in a vaccuum. Getting atk and carding for crit damage is the higher result. Knights shouldn't have too much trouble wtih the aspd buffs, specially if partied to a bard (30% buff, 30% gear, 20% berserk)

#23 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:59 PM

That was based on the agi 64 i suggested. There is no question that that crit damage mod is the best option considering in an ideal server where everything is reachable / available. But then again, on RT, it will be hard to reach 100% crit rate so the crit damage is watered down on an average which will be somehow on par with attakc and since you won't be critting, you would need dex somehow. Also you have to consider that you wont be dodging monsters on that server so you'll need to invest agi stat points somewhere else instead for survivability.

And ofcourse , we can build the most ideal party for the knight, bard priest dancer and stuff, partying with self and using mistress flywing but considering TS chose agi knight which is non-meta, i highly doubt that that will be the scenario

AFAIK, for now with the available items, only Assassin benefit fully from crit damage

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 20 May 2020 - 06:01 PM.

#24 Litsunero

Litsunero

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:56 AM

Thank you guys for your discussions here. Im getting useful stuffs from you guys. 

Currently level 72 now. I got lucky with two Phen Cards the past couple of days and judging by its price I'll probably have 10-12m to invest on equipment soon. 

Do you know if the enchant on the chain mail of neutral property is attack/skills or neutral property monsters?

Thank you again! and sorry If I have a lot of questions.

#25 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:03 AM

Neutral property attack resistance. Its useful since most of monster attacks are neutral

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users