Am I fixated on the past? - Page 2 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Am I fixated on the past?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#26 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

Thing is though, I'd rather the exp curve hit later than sooner. I'm ok with the exp curve kicking in when I'm 3rd class, because by then I already have lots of fun skills to play with, and it takes a lot of the bitterness out of the grind just knowing that I've already gotten to this elite stage. Wheras before, I felt I was 'only' an assassin at lv 70 who couldn't beat high orcs.

Also, I am training at new world now. Cornus give me 0.1% and drop stuff that I can turn into stat food. I feel like a lot of 3rd classes are sleeping on new world, personally.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 12 January 2011 - 08:20 AM.

#27 CrackerJack

CrackerJack

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

Renewal isn't good at all, also wish it was pre-renewal or earlier days. But, besides being a dumb ass and playing this -_-ty game still, I quit and moved on. Continued my life as usual, just playing games that are worth playing now.

#28 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

Even playing since beta and hating change...I actually like renewal. I like that my friends who can hardly play are finally able to have trans and even third class, and such.

I don't like a few parts of it though. The drop penalty is one of the most ridiculous things ever implemented into a game. Extended classes got majorly screwed, and even though they're giving them an update, after they slapped super novices in the face with a horrible "extension", I don't have much hope for the rest. +20 upgrades without changing the upgrade rates at all, nuff said. Partying. The massive soul crushing grind when you hit third job, etc.

And of course iROs handling of renewal wasn't too great, such as making a new server and without advertising at all, charging for third job needlessly, charging for important testing and screwed themselves over because of it, etc etc...

#29 frenxy

frenxy

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

To us, this is a game. To Gravit, this is a business and they have to, i should say "want" to make money, and so as a business they will keep doing anything that makes them more money. Thats the way its always gonna be i think.

Thats my opinion anyway :rolleyes:

#30 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

Been on a break from ragnarok since 2008. But i've played since beta and pretty much played all through my highschool years. And i gotta say, this topic certainly spoke to my soul. I obviously have a lot of catching up to do. Can anyone direct me to a good source of whats "New" and whats "old?"

All the Ragnarok Databases i have on my favorites are obsolete.

More on topic.
I have to say, i was already feeling like "That Old Guy" when Transcendant/Rebirth classes came in. I was like "Man, back then actually getting to level 99 ment something."

Ya know its funny. Despite being a iRO verteran i to this point have never gotten a level 99 character. For some reason i keep missing all the "Abuse" events that go on and when i come back, my freinds tell me the awesome event i missed.

Though getting to be LEET1337 was never my intention in ragnarok anyway. I always did love Quest and hat collecting. The Kiel Hyre quest is still my favorite storyline quest in the game. Then again, I havent played in over 3 years lol.

Remember back when you were only allowed to have 3 character slots? Man i had to spend money on 2 accounts just to have 6 characters because i wanted to have all the classes. Then when they added more classes in and more slots, i somehow ended up with 12+ characters lol.

TLDR;
I may "Complain" about the 'Good ol days' but at i'm still finding the game fun whenever i get in. I may not have the free time i had as a highschool student though haha.

P.S
Still bitter how my hometown of Geffen became a barren wasteland after Geffen dungeon suffered the infamous Monster relocation patch. And I miss "Warp Ally" and Old Payon. Man I remember getting so lost when Payon got pimped out.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 12 January 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#31 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

gravity co. and its licensees will never get it right. they have to choose between being profitable OR providing a gaming experience EVERYONE enjoys. both cannot be possible at the same time, they have to compromise. we all know which path they chose.

#32 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

gravity co. and its licensees will never get it right. they have to choose between being profitable OR providing a gaming experience EVERYONE enjoys. both cannot be possible at the same time, they have to compromise. we all know which path they chose.

Neither?

#33 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

I obviously have a lot of catching up to do. Can anyone direct me to a good source of whats "New" and whats "old?"

Welcome to the club! Here's some links I've been given or found that may help you:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page (Renewal Wiki)
http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=64133
http://rode-r.doddlercon.com/monster/
http://forums.irowik...054#post1011054 (ASPD Calc see Mojo Priest's signature)
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/ Skill Calc
http://calcxre.wushuang.ws/ (not entirely accurate for the actual results of the stats you input I hear, but just something to see how many points you have to spend as 3rd class)

As well as the class specific sections on iROWIki forums for help figuring out builds. Also Ragial for checking if anything in your old storage is worth something now (or worthless now).

P.S
Still bitter how my hometown of Geffen became a barren wasteland after Geffen dungeon suffered the infamous Monster relocation patch. And I miss "Warp Ally" and Old Payon. Man I remember getting so lost when Payon got pimped out.

Well when I returned after a long time once I found my old guild's spot blown up entirely and really WAS a barren wasteland (Morroc), beat that! :rolleyes:
But yeah I remember Warp Alley, Old Payon etc.

Edited by soudou, 12 January 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#34 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

I quit around the time the HD ori elus went in. It was the final straw for me. I still hang around forums hoping ro will improve, but most likely imo it's gonna end up imploding. RO itself is a great game, but put in the wrong management hands, we get the poop stain that is currently iRO.

So if anyone is looking for a new game, give < > a try. Just opened a few months ago, constant woe type massive wars going on at all times, huge updates on the way, competent management, cute looking, somewhat grindy but not as bad as ro, alot of multi player options etc etc.

#35 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

To us humans, the changes are the things that the we resist, whether for better or for worse, we simply can not accept.

We tend to think that what we know is and always will be the best.

So it's no wonder that with such a big change like this bring the discontent of many people.

There's also another saying. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And before someone decides to blow this out of proportion and nitpick it, I am talking about the GOOD things and the things that worked. They didn't need to be 'fixed'.

Right now, I can think of like 30 really good reasons or alternate 'fixes' that could have been done instead of renewal.

#36 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

legend of edda does look interesting, but it's 3D. Yuck. Also, it doesn't have that RO charm.

#37 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

I'm very happy with renwewal. What were you saying again?

I find levelling more fun.

level differences are good. It gives me a long term goal to make a 3rd class. 2nd trans class just wasn't enough to satisfy me.

it is the player's fault if they don't enjoy renewal. It all comes down to if they're willing to accept the changes or not. I accepted them, and I am having a much easier and more enjoyable time than I was pre-renewal.

I didn't mind it at first, but then levelling got boring when it was essentially killing the same thing by the thousands. There's no chance to kill more difficult monsters, it's just all about mobbing now. A huge number of players aren't having fun with it. That shows it's not just a small issue. It's a huge issue.

Edited by Scott, 12 January 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#38 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

so? mobbing is still a challenge. there's still a high chance of dying to a mob due to the way flee mechanics work. I personally find mobbing to be quite exciting, especially in juperos and places like that (too bad I'm a GX and suck at mobbing, but oh well)

I understand that it can be fun to take down a powerful monster that gives high rewards, and I would like it if some of those still existed, but it's far too soon to be giving up just yet. The game is still undergoing many changes, so just wait a while and I'm sure that gravity will do something smart, like taking the level penalty off mini-bosses like Mutant Dragonoid. We don't even have the brazillis update yet...

but yeah, I agree with you that it would be nice to have more late-game monsters that are like Cornus. I actually enjoy hunting them because of the high exp they give in comparison to other equally hard monsters.

#39 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

Well when I returned after a long time once I found my old guild's spot blown up entirely and really WAS a barren wasteland (Morroc), beat that! :rolleyes:
But yeah I remember Warp Alley, Old Payon etc.

LOL, cant beat Morroc......man had some good memories there. Ya know what? There should be some kind of "Flashback" quest where people can like, get warped to "Old" morroc City map. That would be pretty awesome for new players that came in after the destruction of Morroc while giving old players a nostalgic feel.

Same goes for Payon. Like some kind of quest that goes somethingl like this.

NPC: The map to the ancient treasure has been lost forever! we are doomed!
Player: I can help you!!
NPC: but the only way to get the treasure now would be to go back in time and get the map or to get the treasure back in time.
Player:ohh......thats gonna be a problem.
Wizard NPC: I the almighty sage can send you back to Old payon!!!
Player: Really?
Wizard: Yes! but first, i will need 50 cyfar and 25 brigan and 1 clam shell.
*Trip to prontera market*
Player: I have brought the said items! and by any chance are you related to the old man in Comodo?
Wizard: Err....no? Anyway! Hocus Pocus!
Player: But thats a Sa-
*jlfadrjfldajfljadflsjfdls*
Player: Great scotts!!! I am in Old payon!!!! Look at all the Botters! Now to look for that ancient treasure map!

#40 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

i LOve Pre renewal better ..u can go take on harder monster for better exp..

Renewal..Sigh ...all the monster gave yer the same exp...When yer lv 70' u go kill montsre thatd gave 4k exp. When yer lv 120' ur still hunting monster that gave 3~4k exp

ur in range monster still gave crappy Exp that u need go MObbing them for Good exp....SIgh..

#41 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

I quit around the time the HD ori elus went in. It was the final straw for me. I still hang around forums hoping ro will improve, but most likely imo it's gonna end up imploding. RO itself is a great game, but put in the wrong management hands, we get the poop stain that is currently iRO.

So if anyone is looking for a new game, give < > a try. Just opened a few months ago, constant woe type massive wars going on at all times, huge updates on the way, competent management, cute looking, somewhat grindy but not as bad as ro, alot of multi player options etc etc.

You quit RO because of the HD elu then move to a game that will have exactly the same type of upgrading system.
Seems kinda ironic.
All FTP games like edda have the classic upgrade protection scrolls in CS.

#42 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

i LOve Pre renewal better ..u can go take on harder monster for better exp..

Renewal..Sigh ...all the monster gave yer the same exp...When yer lv 70' u go kill montsre thatd gave 4k exp. When yer lv 120' ur still hunting monster that gave 3~4k exp

ur in range monster still gave crappy Exp that u need go MObbing them for Good exp....SIgh..

Pardon? Wasnt it always like that?

A clock still gives 2900 job experiance no matter what level you were at. And by the sounds of your post, that didnt change in Renewel.

I remember actually "Leveling"(Notice the quotes) my level 90 assassin on Karakasa's and Kapha's at Amatsu. Exp was "Bad" but all that really changes is that you just need more to level. You could get level 99 at Poring heaven if you wanted.

Thats why you could Tank a little level 30 mage at Clocks or something.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 13 January 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#43 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

They're talking about higher level monster. Tetsamaru you may of missed it but pre-Renewal there were a few higher level monsters that were massive EXP and easy to kill (like Anubis or Kasa with TKM). You could take a Level 30 character with Mercenary Scroll or get a TKM leech and level/sit on the same map to 99 Trans. Now (for better or worse) there is an EXP penalty to encourage players to change maps as they level up and level on monsters dependant on their level.
http://rode-r.doddle...om/viewpage/d/3

It still needs work of course. Such as the fact there was no new monsters added for Renewal (there are more upcoming in future patches, but updates won't be for awhile) and the monsters themselves could of used more changes so that more maps could be considered (there still seems to be a flood to the same maps/monsters). And partying also becomes more complicated since being within share range doesn't always mean you can both level on the same monsters without EXP penalty. Plus the drops penalty is a mixed bag.

But in your case Tetsamaru at least you'll find you'll probably get a Level 99 Character and even a 99 Trans Character after that quite quickly due to the change in EXP curve. Its when you get to Level 120+ 3rd Class (or maybe slightly earlier than that 110+) I hear it crawls. Particularly job levels.

Also, I am training at new world now. Cornus give me 0.1% and drop stuff that I can turn into stat food. I feel like a lot of 3rd classes are sleeping on new world, personally.

It seems New World is sadly still not as popular as it should be because people can't mob as easily for EXP as e.g. Abyss. Personally I've always liked New World (even back when Anubis was 'mega EXP' for me, but I was a minority and still am I guess :rolleyes: ).

Edited by soudou, 13 January 2011 - 11:58 AM.

#44 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:47 PM

LOL, cant beat Morroc......man had some good memories there. Ya know what? There should be some kind of "Flashback" quest where people can like, get warped to "Old" morroc City map. That would be pretty awesome for new players that came in after the destruction of Morroc while giving old players a nostalgic feel.

Morroc is going to be rebuilt in RO2 so I have a feeling RO's Morroc will remain a crater forever. :rolleyes:

#45 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

Morroc is going to be rebuilt in RO2 so I have a feeling RO's Morroc will remain a crater forever. :rolleyes:

Hm I kind of got confused in all the Satan Morroc stuff so I did wonder if ever in the future it could be healed but they're doing it in RO2 instead? That's odd. The townsfolk are still there, but hiding by the Pyramids. I guess Dimensional Gorge means it will remain desolate though since its now an accepted levelling map. The townsfolk of Morroc don't come before EXP and Drops, poor people. :D

Edited by soudou, 13 January 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#46 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

They're talking about higher level monster. Tetsamaru you may of missed it but pre-Renewal there were a few higher level monsters that were massive EXP and easy to kill (like Anubis or Kasa with TKM). You could take a Level 30 character with Mercenary Scroll or get a TKM leech and level/sit on the same map to 99 Trans. Now (for better or worse) there is an EXP penalty to encourage players to change maps as they level up and level on monsters dependant on their level.

It still needs work of course. Such as the fact there was no new monsters added for Renewal (there are more upcoming in future patches, but updates won't be for awhile) and the monsters themselves could of used more changes so that more maps could be considered (there still seems to be a flood to the same maps/monsters). And partying also becomes more complicated since being within share range doesn't always mean you can both level on the same monsters without EXP penalty. Plus the drops penalty is a mixed bag.

But in your case Tetsamaru at least you'll find you'll probably get a Level 99 Character and even a 99 Trans Character after that quite quickly due to the change in EXP curve. Its when you get to Level 120+ 3rd Class (or maybe slightly earlier than that 110+) I hear it crawls. Particularly job levels.

:rolleyes: ).

Nah i didnt miss anything. Dont remember if i already said it, but i was playing since before Comodo patch. SO i've been around since the days of Hocus Pocus Sages and LoD farming. I remember Homonculus leeching and TKM leeching all too well as well.

But WTF............exp pelnalty? No more Toy factory leveling? No more having a "Home base" to meet your freinds at? Sometimes i like to level "easily" rather than "Hardcore". I mean dont get me wrong, when i feel like totally doing hardcore leveling, i will indeed go to a harder dungeon to get mass exp. But sometimes, i like to take it easy even if it means the monsters i'm killing dont give me as much experiance per hour. Man i have so much read, on the Wiki. This is what happens when you take a long break lol.

Man i remember when Mi gaos came in. Only old school guys ever went to Clock tower. I used to be able to play level 28 mages at Clock tower all the way to job level 50. VFW FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#47 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

No more Toy factory leveling? No more having a "Home base" to meet your freinds at? Sometimes i like to level "easily" rather than "Hardcore". I mean dont get me wrong, when i feel like totally doing hardcore leveling, i will indeed go to a harder dungeon to get mass exp. But sometimes, i like to take it easy even if it means the monsters i'm killing dont give me as much experiance per hour.

Sure you can level at Toy Factory when you're in range with the monsters. But after you become high level it just becomes even more "less experience" than before. Though at 30 levels higher than the monsters its best to move on (the EXP reduces down to 10% of what it would be).

There's still 'hardcore' vs 'easier' levelling I'd think. You can still e.g. go to a map of monsters 10 levels under/weaker you (5% less EXP than 100% per monster) and mob the crap outta it or just have slower EXP, the penalty is there but it's not like it won't allow you to access maps if thats what you want. Especially if you're more in it for how you want to play and not EXP/hr, it may not be a big deal. But if you ever decide "OK I'm bored of this I'll go to a dungeon with monsters more my level or higher by 10 levels" you can get 100% of the EXP per monster. Or even up to 140% if the monster is 10 levels higher than you. After 10 levels higher it curves down (though even at 15 levels higher its still 115%). But if the monster is 16+ levels higher than you it drops to 40% of what the monster would give if you were in range with it.

I haven't really had chance to have a crack at Renewal (getting account fixed and got work) but within your level range there should usually be maps that are tougher or mobbier and ones that aren't as tough. At level 120+ the 'easier' maps would probably get smaller though. But at level 120+ if you planned your build and gear and 3rd class skills it might not seem so scary. Also once you get into a routine of how to tackle a monster, it will seem 'easier'. There is a lack of choice though after 120+ and future patches will introduce more high level monsters (though still Abyss may win out for being easier and better if you mob).

But I don't think I mind if the other maps are more challenging (Anubis was really easy and better EXP/hr but I liked Nameless Island more). I'll probably check out tackling New World or other maps again. Though I do understand having a favourite levelling spot and feeling dissapointed to have to leave it.

Though you may not like to hear that players would like monsters to be more interesting and in responce Gravity are adding smarter AI to the monsters so they're less "Ctrl+Click or AoE Skill, Die, Move On, Rinse, Repeat" for some. Bios will be the first place to see it since the 'human' monsters there have the most potential for working together or being smart (on a new Bios 4 map I hear). However if you started just before Comodo Patch you may remember monsters were even dumber before Comodo, as with that patch came the ability for Monsters to use Skills rather than just slap, hit or shoot. As well as a boost in their stats so they were stronger. So you may get used to it as many did with Comodo (some may of even forgotten monsters didn't always have the ability to use skills). I'm interested to see what they come up with in terms of making the Bios monsters work together against players.

It's definitely a lot to get used to but hope you (and I) have fun! :rolleyes: On Ymir right?

Edited by soudou, 15 January 2011 - 03:03 AM.

#48 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

But I don't think I mind if the other maps are more challenging (Anubis was really easy and better EXP/hr but I liked Nameless Island more). I'll probably check out tackling New World or other maps again. Though I do understand having a favourite levelling spot and feeling dissapointed to have to leave it.

Though you may not like to hear that players would like monsters to be more interesting and in responce Gravity are adding smarter AI to the monsters so they're less "Ctrl+Click or AoE Skill, Die, Move On, Rinse, Repeat" for some. Bios will be the first place to see it since the 'human' monsters there have the most potential for working together or being smart (on a new Bios 4 map I hear). However if you started just before Comodo Patch you may remember monsters were even dumber before Comodo, as with that patch came the ability for Monsters to use Skills rather than just slap, hit or shoot. As well as a boost in their stats so they were stronger. So you may get used to it as many did with Comodo (some may of even forgotten monsters didn't always have the ability to use skills). I'm interested to see what they come up with in terms of making the Bios monsters work together against players.

It's definitely a lot to get used to but hope you (and I) have fun! :rolleyes: On Ymir right?

Haha, after finally putting up the Warp portal accounts to my old accounts and doing my little sisters accounts. I myself havent had a crack at Renewel yet. I was a Chaos server player back in the day. And i even had fun at the "Test server" Sakray. Which had like double drops and double exp.

I could always just "Dive right in" but even before i played iRO back then, i'm one of "Those guys" that reads the instruction manual thoroughly before I start up a new game. Man i love brand new instruction book smell. So before i even officially get back to Renewel i'm reading up on the Wiki and Fansites first. Man i treasure my old screen shots now. Still got my Fate/stay night theme too lol. and Custom Kafra skins.

Ofcourse, it doesnt matter how much i read, i will still be a "Noob" once i actually get to it. I honestly still have the 2008 Ragnarok game installed on my computer still. I will give Renewel a fair chance.

And i consider myself a "waving walking stick old man" too. Heck, when Trans/rebirth classes came in i was constantly saying "Back in my day" to my younger guild members. Such famous lines were

"Back in my day, we didnt have no fancy Ice picks!!!"
"Back in my day, Sages actually had Hocus Pocus!!"
"Back in my day, We didnt have kids leveling at Mi gaos all the way to 80+!!!"

#49 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

Heh yeah I know what you mean. I wasn't going to touch my main character (Battle Priest) until I had a plan for Battle Archbishop so I don't mess up. Better you do your research now. You gonna be "Tetsamaru" in the game then?

I was a Chaos server player back in the day. And i even had fun at the "Test server" Sakray. Which had like double drops and double exp.

I was on Chaos at first. Then when they added the Loki server me and my first guild moved there and I stayed.

Don't know if you're aware all servers merged into Ymir? (Chaos, Loki, Iris, Sakray). Also unfortunately freinds lists had to be wiped during the merge (I guess due to all the name conflicts with everyone merging into 1 server). But your characters are still there when you log on. Or they'll be on an overflow account if you had a lot of characters you can ask the support staff to transfer/swap to your main account if prefer. Also you might be able to look up old friends on ROPD website.

#50 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

Heh yeah I know what you mean. I wasn't going to touch my main character (Battle Priest) until I had a plan for Battle Archbishop so I don't mess up. Better you do your research now. You gonna be "Tetsamaru" in the game then?

I was on Chaos at first. Then when they added the Loki server me and my first guild moved there and I stayed.

Don't know if you're aware all servers merged into Ymir? (Chaos, Loki, Iris, Sakray). Also unfortunately freinds lists had to be wiped during the merge (I guess due to all the name conflicts with everyone merging into 1 server). But your characters are still there when you log on. Or they'll be on an overflow account if you had a lot of characters you can ask the support staff to transfer/swap to your main account if prefer. Also you might be able to look up old friends on ROPD website.

Man i remade my Battle Sage so many times back in the day its not funny. Its honestly probably the only reason why I didnt ever get a level 99 character. Unfortunetly i missed the abuse-able Hugel Coin event. My freind told me when that event came in, there were rebith classes walking around everywhere. I'm a bit sad, but at the same time, i'm kind of glad i couldnt fall for temptation. It would not have been a character I rightfully earned.

I actually follow a theme for my characters. A shout out to any of my old buddies if you guys are watching this.
ShadowPhantom (Sage, Main character 1)
GaiaPhantom (Assassin, Main character 1A)
AquaPhantom
FirePhantom

Thats just a few. I had to make 2 accounts back in the day when the slots were so small just so i could have all the classes. It wasnt so bad though. Before the mail system came in, it was the only way to "Transfer" money to yourself. Actually, I even resorted to using a 3rd party program just to open 2 clients of Ragnarok on my computer before it became "Legal" to actually do it. I would Leech my characters with a free slot on my little sisters account with a Mage at Clock tower.

It will not be an exaggeration to say i have made over 80+ mages to leech not only my characters but to leech my freind's characters. I can still picture in my mind the mage test and the old school creator creation training grounds. Man i remember before the Novice equipes existed.

I never had a problem making my names so i guess i was unique. So i doubt even with the server merge I backlashed with any other Phantoms. My little sister also never had any problems. I think i know what you mean by overflow if my account page is anything to go by. I saw an extra account on mine and my little sisters page which had an extra "_i" at the end.

Although I do admit, i still dont like the existance of Kafra shop. Back in the day RO said they would never consider such a shop. I kinda hated how it turned some headgear obsolete. The worst offendor was Magestic goat horns, man the prices for those on the market fell so fast.Oh well, you can still brag by having originals. Bunny band and drooping cat and such. And enriched Orid and Elus can kiss my butt..............Elus used to be like 90k~99k back in the day. then 50k~60k.....then 40k.... Arg! My market is crashing!!!!

I remember i actually did try out Valk at the beginning for the nostalgia. What was it, 70% experiance and 50% drop rate? and 2000 zeny for a freaking blue gem lol. Me and a lot of friends tried out valk for the nostalgia of playing on a Newborn server. That was fun for a while. Then back to Chaos we went.

Also i have to ask. Do people still AFK at Orc dungeon? It was honestly the only way my little sister could substain a stable income. I made her a Greeder Blacksmith just for orc dungeon back in the day. Her blacksmith is like all agi/vit/INT lol.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 15 January 2011 - 09:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users