June 3rd Transcendence Maintenance - Page 5 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 3rd Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#101 kuhrama

kuhrama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:34 AM

Raffle would be a lovely idea

#102 6733131226085458687

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:15 AM

As the npc was removed is it possible to reset the status another way whitouth paying?

#103 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:12 AM

As the npc was removed is it possible to reset the status another way whitouth paying?

Negative

#104 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:02 AM

raffle please, zeny really needs sinking, my goodness, i love exp event, but that much drop event for entire month is kinda unhealthy for the server

actually wouldn't mind this. if restart had started this earlier it would have massively slowed inflation.

The raffle should include a lot of the heavily botted Alchemist items to keep prices down. 

Strawberries, Witch Starsand, Stems, Poison Spores, Immortal Hearts, Mermaid Hearts, Blue Herbs, etc.

Could make there be a big prize like on restart. would heavily encourage the botters to sink all their zeny into getting the big items like on restart.

Right now inflation is imminent with how many OCAs are selling at big prices. Guilds are pretty much gonna be just selling OCAs instead of opening now and at the prices they are being sold at, inflation will soon ramp up to absurd levels.

This would be a good pre emptive measure to keep inflation down. 

Edited by 5584171015142815377, 04 June 2020 - 05:03 AM.

#105 Diavoll

Diavoll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:05 AM

Oh my God
Not played week
1 KP = 11k zeny  :blink:
Month ago 1 KP = 4k zeny...

#106 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:08 AM

I have asked again. But I don't know if there will be an update. Right now we aren't exactly equipped to mail stuff from the office.

Have you guys already bought the peripherals? If not, I wouldn't mine WPE as a replacement. Would be easier for you guys.

#107 honkey

honkey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:06 AM

@Campitor
I'd like to let you know the server lag for WoE was unbearable and unplayable last week for the Valk 4 Relm where Loki had at least 4 guilds defending that fort.

It's clear your servers were unable to handle the 300-400 players that enter that server.

The last time you guys upgraded the server hardware helped a bit but is still not enough.

Please either upgrade the hardware again or reduce the number of guilds that can be allied to 2 instead of 3...

Maybe reduce to 1 guild alliance so there can be more gvg action. Idk, something needs to be done so WoE can be enjoyable again

#108 OculonSide

OculonSide

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:24 AM

@Campitor
I'd like to let you know the server lag for WoE was unbearable and unplayable last week for the Valk 4 Relm where Loki had at least 4 guilds defending that fort.

It's clear your servers were unable to handle the 300-400 players that enter that server.

The last time you guys upgraded the server hardware helped a bit but is still not enough.

Please either upgrade the hardware again or reduce the number of guilds that can be allied to 2 instead of 3...

Maybe reduce to 1 guild alliance so there can be more gvg action. Idk, something needs to be done so WoE can be enjoyable again

Loki guild member here, and I experienced no lag or disconnects at all during WoE last week.  Sounds like you just need to step your internet/PC game up and go fight more.

Edited by OculonSide, 04 June 2020 - 09:25 AM.

#109 honkey

honkey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:10 AM

Yeah 200mb speed ISP and ryzen 2700x, gtx1070, 16gb ram, m.2 NVMe HD not good enough, ok next.

There is undoubtedly lag once any map server has 300-400 player on it. That is the issue. If the lag gets rectified in this game (esp. WoE) then I imagine more people would be willing to play, however if the lag continues the server will slowly lose players and eventually turn into a small 300-500 populated active player base.. if that.

FYI I quit classic server specifically because of the frustration unplayable lag created. No doubt others have as well.

Server stability should never be an issue if you want to run a successful game imo.

Edited by honkey, 04 June 2020 - 10:51 AM.

#110 SethKim

SethKim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:50 AM

Who wants to bet that next week will just be the same?

No new update + Not a single fix + 4 hours + same excuses EAC blablabla..

I can bet my Raydric card on that,  LMAO

#111 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:24 AM

Who wants to bet that next week will just be the same?

No new update + Not a single fix + 4 hours + same excuses EAC blablabla..

I can bet my Raydric card on that,  LMAO

They'll give us a production note thread to give a sense of feeling that there is an update when in reality there is none

#112 OculonSide

OculonSide

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:42 AM

Yeah 200mb speed ISP and ryzen 2700x, gtx1070, 16gb ram, m.2 NVMe HD not good enough, ok next.

There is undoubtedly lag once any map server has 300-400 player on it. That is the issue. If the lag gets rectified in this game (esp. WoE) then I imagine more people would be willing to play, however if the lag continues the server will slowly lose players and eventually turn into a small 300-500 populated active player base.. if that.

FYI I quit classic server specifically because of the frustration unplayable lag created. No doubt others have as well.

Server stability should never be an issue if you want to run a successful game imo.

2700x is the newest thing you have lol.  Bruh 200mb is a joke to begin with, get better internet.  I'm running a 2700x RTX 2070 Super with 16MB of RAM and no lag... so why are you lagging?   I was IN THE MIDDLE of those 300-400 people and had no issues lol.   That's with all effects on, no grf files or anything just the regular ass game.   You sound like you just want to make it more difficult for people to defend their stuff, and you were probably one of the 300-400 that got stomped out by Loki/Notorious.  Ok next.

Edited by OculonSide, 04 June 2020 - 11:43 AM.

#113 honkey

honkey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:04 PM

2700x is the newest thing you have lol. Bruh 200mb is a joke to begin with, get better internet. I'm running a 2700x RTX 2070 Super with 16MB of RAM and no lag... so why are you lagging? I was IN THE MIDDLE of those 300-400 people and had no issues lol. That's with all effects on, no grf files or anything just the regular ass game. You sound like you just want to make it more difficult for people to defend their stuff, and you were probably one of the 300-400 that got stomped out by Loki/Notorious. Ok next.

Ok dude.

You clearly lost the point in that the game is unplayable when a spike of players enter a map server.

i.e. payon summoning event hosted by GM, twice btw.
And WoE as well.

My PC and ISP is more than enough to handle this 20 yr old game, BRUH. smh.

My sugguestion to lower the ally count is a bandaid to the lag. Clearly the best solution is for Warp Portal to upgrade their server hardware.

The question is will they invest in it considering the income they receive from Poring server?

#114 luxcas02

luxcas02

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

It is funny as anything that certain members of p2w post here is soon accepted by the staff.
This apparently shows that the staff has a position and is not neutral.

#115 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:29 PM

It is funny as anything that certain members of p2w post here is soon accepted by the staff.
This apparently shows that the staff has a position and is not neutral.

rumors that p2w told to GM to ban a ranked alchemist and failed. hahahahahaha

Edited by qzLxEnchantress, 04 June 2020 - 01:54 PM.

#116 luxcas02

luxcas02

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:05 PM

rumors that p2w told to GM to ban a ranked alchemist and failed. hahahahahaha

I heard that too.
Apparently this only confirms what I said above, p2w has an influence on the staff.

#117 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:58 PM

@Campitor

I hear if you turn your cheats off you don't lag as much, just a pro tip. 

What the GM's should do is put people QQing on probation, how much longer must we hear from a guild of 140 people crying they lost to a 4 guild alliance of 160 people that are way under geared and way less woe experience? 

#118 luxcas02

luxcas02

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:03 PM

You could make an NPC to change equipment status at random.
That way the game money was burned and so much to keep inflation under control.
And fix a push update to eac block the bots

#119 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:28 PM

^^

that could work, but instead of just do the 1:1 trade + zeny, should do something like 3:1 + zeny, so all the weapon thats not that usefull (skill healing katars) can be recycled or have some value in the game

#120 SethKim

SethKim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 05:49 AM

Believe me guys.

Even we discuss a lot about how to improve, will be another ZERO update next week. 

Obviously they know what they have to. Fixing some errors/bugs, putting raffles, description of BS weapon? are not even work. 

But they can't. Because no one is working in WP now. Just, buying time.

Edited by SethKim, 05 June 2020 - 08:35 AM.

#121 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 June 2020 - 05:52 AM

With, that said guild is not playing fair? Time for server to take down the evil guild! WoE is a sacred ground and people should be playing fair and honest! ... nah, nevermore, -_-ing full of edits and -_- in WoE rolf

#122 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:57 PM

With, that said guild is not playing fair? Time for server to take down the evil guild! WoE is a sacred ground and people should be playing fair and honest! ... nah, nevermore, -_-ing full of edits and -_- in WoE rolf

It is time for the pike of justice to be brought onto this cheating guild the same way chaos was cleansed of them so many years ago. 

#123 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:36 PM

The GM team doesn't like new players very much, so you will have to lvl a pvm account just to lvl a woe account. No idea why they wouldn't just keep a free reset in for everyone, especially since it allow new players to participate in WoE or if they screwed up a build. They would rater you spend money to make a new account.

By the time you get gears to be able to leech the woe char you are probably already 2-3 months into the server unless you bye WPE and sell it then maybe a month. 

Then you will spend another 2-3 months leeching that account unless you BM from 1-99 spending even more money. If you BM you can do it in about 2 weeks if you really grind. 

You can also reset your pvm char to pvp for about $100usd

#124 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:12 AM

The GM team doesn't like new players very much, so you will have to lvl a pvm account just to lvl a woe account. No idea why they wouldn't just keep a free reset in for everyone, especially since it allow new players to participate in WoE or if they screwed up a build. They would rater you spend money to make a new account.

By the time you get gears to be able to leech the woe char you are probably already 2-3 months into the server unless you bye WPE and sell it then maybe a month. 

Then you will spend another 2-3 months leeching that account unless you BM from 1-99 spending even more money. If you BM you can do it in about 2 weeks if you really grind. 

I feel like RO is one of the few mmos still stuck in the dark ages when it comes to resets. For example, RO mobile gives characters 1 free stat and skill reset as part of the lvl 30/40 growth pack. Some games offer it as a cash shop option, while others use it as a gold sink feature.

And you're right, it only hurts new players. For example back in the Classic server, I made a dex>vit>agi Wiz for the sole purpose of dual-clienting it in WoE to annoy people with quagmire, stave crasher, and ganb. I was able to make one because I was a veteran player there that had the resources to easily leech any kind of character build I want.

I used to be a firm believer of research your builds first . . . back in 2010. But now, 1) it's hard to find guides online that are up-to-date as most are pre balance patch. 2) there is no working stat calculator (that I'm aware of) for combat simulation for the RT server. Will going from 93 to 99 dex finally let me 2-shot a Sting? That's a very big deal. I know stat calcs can still be used for stat point distribution, but it doesn't answer the question of efficiency. 3) random item options. My bard had 51 int with 25% sp recovery coat to spam Melody Strike comfortably and occasionally use Strings. With a 49% sp recovery coat, I was able to drop all the way down to 21 int. Any stat, atk, matk, dmg options probably won't affect your build. But Crit, Aspd, and sp recovery options do.

#125 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2020 - 12:00 PM

They just got to pay me to leech them  :thumb2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users