• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 6941160922020327907

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:29 AM

Hello!

There does not seem to be any updated SC guides. With new cards and equips circulating the server, I was wondering if anyone can share some viable builds to play SC. I’m really keen on trying out one.

#2 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:37 AM

check my thread or visit SC mvp video section. Viable builds are mostly MA with sword, backstab with dagger or bow builds (severe rainstorm for AOE, and then either crit or triangle shot as single target MVP).

#3 6941160922020327907

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:58 PM

My goal isn’t really MVP as it’s too high of a bar to reach and I have limited funds.

Did you mean your MA thread for SCs? I’m considering it but enforcer shoes are quite a bit expensive.

Any other threads that you can recommend?

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:16 AM

Are you looking for:

A: bow

B: melee/sword/dagger

C: manual magic caster

D: auto magic caster

?

I can comment on the first two, not so much the latter two. I leveled my SC from 150 to 175 after not playing it for a long time using a bow build that focused on severe rainstorm + feint bomb. It was very easy to do and wasn't intensive on gear requirements (at least, at the time) and that was... uhh.. 2 years ago? Whenever thieves' guide vol 1 came out. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 12 June 2020 - 11:16 AM.

#5 6941160922020327907

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:01 PM

I’m open to read up on viable builds at the moment with updated equipment.

Reading up on builds for long time ago are autocast SC/bow SC/woe SC and most equips are hard to look for in market now.

Updated one is the MA one but considering enforcer shoes kind of a hindering factor.

I’d like to see set ups of feint bomb bow/dagger though

#6 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:59 PM

A ton of OCP stuff came out since I leveled mine, but that just means it would be even stronger/easier now.

I used a golem carded vigilante bow at the time because maximum power thrust (which works wonderfully with Severe Rainstorm since it adds 100% atk per hit of it) could still break your weapon at the time; it no longer can. But anyway, the core cycle is this.

1) mob up

2) cast severe rainstorm

3) wait a few ticks as the enemies close in on you

4) feint-bomb

If your ATK is enough, and if you happen to proc Hawkeye in this time, you will knock out the mob of enemies. 

Using a crimson bow is likely better, but I used cheap stuff I had lying around and the vigilante bow is quite nice since it gives a bunch of ranged damage without needing to refine it very high. 

We also have bio 5 cards now so you can boost your SR damage tremendously through that + emerald rings (which were not out at the time). 

Otherwise, just stack the usual damage + resistance + HP leech stuff and voila. 

#7 6941160922020327907

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for that. What about the stat distribution? And do you have any idea of the set up if it were a dagger type?

#8 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for that. What about the stat distribution? And do you have any idea of the set up if it were a dagger type?

For bow build 120 DEX is great for a few reasons.

DEX effectively double dips for feint bomb when using a bow since it will grant you bonus weapon ATK, status ATK, and will also boost the skill mod directly. 

Otherwise I went with 90 vit, 100 AGI (also goes into SR skill mod and cuz I like ASPD).

If you have access to any gear that grants ATK conditional on stats, such as Jupiter Ring, Skin of Ladon, Imperial Feather, Seraphim Coronet etc. you should optimize for those, otherwise the rest is up to you and I'd go with some INT for SP management and STR for carry weight/convenience. 

As for dagger the flow/technique is different since you can't use SR, but you have some options.

For a more focused feint bomb build you can do a quadruple Gertie Valk Knife and use Lava Flow to proc hawkeye then use feint bomb to finish them off. 

Ignition break + bowling bash is an option, but I'll be honest... you'll be better off just trying to get a pair of enforcer boots (at a non-rip off price) and using MA at that point since the gear requirements for "strong" melee is going to end up costing quite a bit, or you'll be performing subpar.

IMO bow build is much cheaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users