Rangers Range Extension is it useless now? - Xenoa Armory - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Rangers Range Extension is it useless now?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 GrimLord

GrimLord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

As the topic says
Rangers do mainly AA and now Range Extension comes with +0.1 atk speed/level.. (Rangers are screwed now), atleast it should have been
+0.1 atk speed/ 2 levels.
Anyone have a way arround or any new builds.. all i can think is of leaving Range Extension at Lvl 1.

#2 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

you can take it to lvl 2 and get 1.0 speed.

with some equipement you should be able to take lvl 3 and get 1.0 but gloves kick in after speed buff so they dont reduce much

for pve yes its useless, for pvp sometimes it can be usefull but its better to have less range and full speed

#3 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:35 AM

Actually the range difference between a ranger and his target should reduce the attack speed, instead of this buff.

but w/e I dont have a ranger

#4 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

Wonder if the double shot gonna be popular.

#5 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Is this really a big deal

#6 Moggernought

Moggernought

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

kinda =/

#7 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Anyone have a way arround or any new builds..

Max Sniper's Coolness, and range extension. Use range extension when you need it, right click to remove when you don't.
Get S1 belt / MH set for bonus. High level S2 gloves perhaps.
Learn to use Fixed Firing instead maybe.

Or become skill-y and get High Angle and ... the other one.

I'm tempted to try a skill build while I still have my 0.3 / 0.3 % crit jewels, and try to be a close-medium range ranger. Diversionary firing, smoke bomb. Get HP and resists instead of damage. Max traps.

Oh yea, that's a venger.

#8 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

well i think it is.

if ranger uses range extension and i get hit for 3k i have chance to run back and heal not instant death as before.

easier to kill rangers when they dont use range extension as most of them have like 0 resist and quite low hp so few bolts and dead

it's pretty useless imo and ill take only lvl 2 range extension if they give us skill resets but it's kind of pointless anyway, but there is nothing better to take anyways

also with 30m range rangers kind of sux cos of low-medium hp, no heals, low res

and just on a different note, it must suck so bad playing ranger in 65 bracket, there are like 10 sin/sr in 1 team every game lol

#9 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

So at 50m you are attacking at 3.0 huh

This was a much better balance..
http://forums.warppo...nge-extensions/

I suggest on range extension skills a mixture of

• -Accuracy
  • -Crit Chance
  • -Physical Damage

It all makes great sense. As you move farther away it becomes harder to hit the target, harder to hit critical points, and the bullet velocity decreases.
These should vary for shadow runner and ranger.

Adding a slight speed penalty is almost useless since it can be over come as you point out. Something too big just adds more useless skills to the class. Everyone's damage and crit varies widely so make the reduction percent based.

#10 GrimLord

GrimLord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

Sorry to say but its a big deal, since Rangers have low hp and nearly very less resistence, now we are in casters range all we need is 2 bolts or fireballs watever
Ranger->DEAD just easy kill for all..

We are almost SR but without good hp, stealth and high damage.

lol!! tbh i reached lvl50 took Ranger and upgraded Range Extension and observed my attk speed was getting slower then i realised i should have thought abt being a Ranger..

And like you ppl said was thinking of keeping Range Extention at lvl2 would be better. (But i think gloves attk reduction kicks in after Sniper Coolness) still got to think...

Edited by GrimLord, 12 January 2011 - 07:08 PM.

#11 xXAleXx

xXAleXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

Poor...poor Ranger http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/fing32.gif

#12 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

Highly doubt you seriously need 1.0 to kill all things. Sure 1.3 or so speed is still good enough

#13 GrimLord

GrimLord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:02 AM

Highly doubt you seriously need 1.0 to kill all things. Sure 1.3 or so speed is still good enough

I agree Rangers needs to be Nerf ed but this patch is too much for Rangers..
as u said earlier in the post reducing bit of atk speed or critical chance reduction or acc is k but increasing atk speed to almost 1.9 is to much dont u think?

#14 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Then again maybe, maybe not. This change, it is on both range extensions right. So 15 skill points = 1.5 reduction on attack speed. So with sniper's that pushes attack speed down to 2.5 right. Think of it as sniping a target. I've been thinking about it and it doesn't sound so bad anymore. Just kick a buff and speed is at 1.5 with 40m range still. I think range extensions are still great skills to use and max. Just turn them on and off when you need.

#15 Hiryato

Hiryato

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

Then again maybe, maybe not. This change, it is on both range extensions right. So 15 skill points = 1.5 reduction on attack speed. So with sniper's that pushes attack speed down to 2.5 right. Think of it as sniping a target. I've been thinking about it and it doesn't sound so bad anymore. Just kick a buff and speed is at 1.5 with 40m range still. I think range extensions are still great skills to use and max. Just turn them on and off when you need.

It's only on the skill range extension. Fixed firing was not affected by this nerf

#16 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

ah the one that will put you at 2.0 Still same idea. I think it's ok to take maxed. May be bad if you are under the 50m range but over the 40m mark and are in a sprawl with another ranger. You can attempt backing up into range where only you can hit but I'm sure that's not as easy as it sounds.

Wait which buff is dropped when you are hit? I obviously know a small amount about this class ;p

Edited by Syre, 13 January 2011 - 01:34 PM.

#17 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

none of the buffs get dropped when getting hit with aa or skill, only dot does it.

imo speed reduce should have been on fixed firing, that way we can have 40m range and still run about and not crawl like a :rolleyes: snail.

#18 GrimLord

GrimLord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

imo speed reduce should have been on fixed firing, that way we can have 40m range and still run about and not crawl like a :P snail.

Hey does Fixed Firing reduce your movement speed?? :rolleyes: i'm still a lvl55 Ranger so dont know about it!

#19 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

Hey does Fixed Firing reduce your movement speed?? :rolleyes: i'm still a lvl55 Ranger so dont know about it!

yeah it makes you walk super slow but you must have it since range extension is garbage.

#20 GrimLord

GrimLord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

Now we dont have any option! Got to use Fixed Firing at its Max efficiency.

#21 youngflo1123

youngflo1123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:21 AM

rangers and srs now have the same attack speed when a ranger uses lvl 10 range extension...but if im shooting an sr from 50m away i think im going to win

#22 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:34 AM

rangers and srs now have the same attack speed when a ranger uses lvl 10 range extension...but if im shooting an sr from 50m away i think im going to win

when the hell are you gonna start shooting sr from 50 metres? they have stealth so he attacks first, you will either get ambush and comboed or ea pa aa and it will be from 30m

i would recommend dropping range extension, it has no use in foc, in svs and bigger maps mb

+ im pretty sure if sr and you both have same speed sr will win cos srs hit harder than rangers (providing similary geared)

good ranger will hit 3k+ on 0 def

good sr will hit 4k+ on 0 def

#23 youngflo1123

youngflo1123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

when the hell are you gonna start shooting sr from 50 metres? they have stealth so he attacks first, you will either get ambush and comboed or ea pa aa and it will be from 30m

i would recommend dropping range extension, it has no use in foc, in svs and bigger maps mb

+ im pretty sure if sr and you both have same speed sr will win cos srs hit harder than rangers (providing similary geared)

good ranger will hit 3k+ on 0 def

good sr will hit 4k+ on 0 def

I can see what your saying but rangers have a better chance to crit...and if im 50 meters out im going to be picking people off i can see if i get ambushed by and SR thats fine because more then likely a elem will get him before he gets to me anyway

#24 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

I can see what your saying but rangers have a better chance to crit...

say what?

#25 MeCCa

MeCCa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

move own....its not the only class that has gotten hit with a nerf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users