• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#26 Brokoly123

Brokoly123

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:37 AM

Don't kid yourself, Nova only updated recently because of private server competition and their capability to update faster than that cesspool of a server. 

Their 4500+ population is mostly a layer of bots and autotraders, if you're not smol brain you'd realize this by now, hence why a chunk of people from Nova quit.

But in all fairness, the N-word server is more active than iRO in general.

Gonna have to agree with this guy. As much as I prefer playing on Shining Moon than on iRO these days, it be what it be. Its just more comforting knowing that the admin on the server I'm on seems to be more direct with players and active with updates and whatever other events go on. Its the small gestures that make private servers more appealing in general, I suppose. Regardless if they carry the "official" title or no.

How can you sure that are bots in there? Couse i din't see 1. Otherwise RT... 

#27 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:16 AM

OriginsRO

Trans, 9 50+ rosters woeing twice a week, Classic, and active.

Oh and 0 cash shop, 0 donations, and 0 botting or RMT issues. It’s been around forever

But still only use 2 hotkeys to WoE rolf. Again you're comparing a private server to an official server. They don't even have the same obligations to even compare in the first place kek

Edited by ChakriGuard, 28 June 2020 - 08:18 AM.

#28 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:25 AM

[Y]ou're comparing a private server to an official server. They don't even have the same obligations to even compare in the first place.

For once I gotta agree with you.

#29 Lovens

Lovens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:19 PM

How can you sure that are bots in there? Couse i din't see 1. Otherwise RT... 

When I say bots, I don't just mean botters who farm on obscure maps for no particular reason. I mean this.

unknown.png

novagay100.png

unknown-4.png

If you really believe almost 3k people log on in 30 seconds at the same time, you really need to reconsider your faith in their numbers lol.

#30 sexygamer1311

sexygamer1311

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:26 PM

LOL, has cinnamon quit?
These threads going on for so long?

#31 Lovens

Lovens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:27 PM

LOL, has cinnamon quit?
These threads going on for so long?

Yes

#32 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:28 PM

I think there is no reason to debate.

#33 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:28 PM

Cinnamon quit when iRO has become GX online T_T

#34 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:30 PM

i've basically tried all the big renewal pservers while iRO was down. Trust me when i said i went in deep on them (limitRO, novaRO, smRO, tried em all). I made sure to build properly and effective and almost maxed out all gears in these servers. in SM i even have multiple dudes pm-ing me for tips 90% of the time i'm online and in town.

They were fun, but heres the deal breaker. Not one of these servers gave me a feeling of value or accomplishment. Everything came too easy and even new players got maxed out in like a week (well with some help). It just feels like you're playing sakray and treating it seriously. It's a bloody joke in SM especially, seeing  bio5 MVP cards accessd so easily due to card exchangers. MCA/OCAs were even modified to give every sort of card imaginable so really nothing is of value there. The worst thing is that they're catered to a different meta (which things are so easy to get so they think MEGA big numbers are a super given and rate classes on that). It's just wrong. Even in kRO, many things require hardwork or were just potentials to be achieved by really long effort (which means not supposed to be the norm). You easily have everything maxed in like smRO for those insane god builds that it's just pointless and feels zero accomplishment. Not to mention it's also a PVE server like Chaos, not Nova. Wheres the fun without the real journey?

In the end, i came back to iRO when hiatus was over and i still have the best time here. Slower things, more stuff to build (even with older contents) and friends that last.

*I fully understand we're not supposed to mention the pservers, but since vmods aren't around its a good time for me to share my experience on the topic before its removed lmao**

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 28 June 2020 - 08:34 PM.

#35 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:33 PM

Tldr, if you cant play on official server, then there are private servers for you ...  :ani_slur:

#36 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:54 PM

Private servers are for those players that complain that "have no more time" to play. (a.k.a lazy players)

If farming basic items takes too long, something is wrong and needs to be rebalanced. peace

#37 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:47 AM

There's no harm playing either pserver or official server. Doesn't matter if you play in a server that uses tons of @commands / one day max lvl. What matters is all up to anyone. Depends on where we want to be in a community. Every one of us will surely play to enjoy with our friends MvPing / WoEing / Social chats in an RO server. Just because you see some flaws in a server, it doesn't mean you have to quit immediately. But if everyone of your guild decided to quit TOGETHER, then that will be the best decision to leave the server and who knows they will organize to shift to another new server to WoE, etc.

#38 jitterscrux

jitterscrux

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 247 posts
  • LocationPoopland
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:28 AM

OriginsRO

Trans, 9 50+ rosters woeing twice a week, Classic, and active.

Oh and 0 cash shop, 0 donations, and 0 botting or RMT issues. It’s been around forever

Yep I've been on Origins that's the only p.server I know that's close to "legit".

#39 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:49 AM

But still only use 2 hotkeys to WoE rolf. Again you're comparing a private server to an official server. They don't even have the same obligations to even compare in the first place kek

Look I get that your job is to act like a giant clown, but if you think that playing a champ in classic with no AHK/AP doesnt require every slot but maybe 1-2 in your entire BM hotkeyed to something you are a bigger moron than I thought.  

But then again I've read your VH application, so im not surprised.

#40 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:14 AM

Look I get that your job is to act like a giant clown, but if you think that playing a champ in classic with no AHK/AP doesnt require every slot but maybe 1-2 in your entire BM hotkeyed to something you are a bigger moron than I thought.  

But then again I've read your VH application, so im not surprised.

I learnt it from you, remember I'm good at trolling trolls? Hahaha, so what is it again? The best Priest in your guild who is tasked to put Pnuema is actually someone from 3rd class WoE Chaos. Same to Champ, the strongest Camp in your guild also came from 3rd classes WoE. It's only normal they're the best players when they play in PT WoE. See why you cant even step in a 3rd class realm because you can only use 2 hotkeys hahaha

Doesnt change the fact how Xellies asked me to apply and even lent me the god hammer to try just for one WoE while you kept begging for gods to be relevant. You are just trying hard again on RoT to be relevant xD

#41 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:33 AM

There's no harm playing either pserver or official server.

How about the private servers are stealing intellectual property from Gravity Co., Ldt. as they don't own anything from the licence.

Edited by MegaEdge, 29 June 2020 - 11:33 AM.

#42 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:51 AM

How about the private servers are stealing intellectual property from Gravity Co., Ldt. as they don't own anything from the licence.

It doesnt matter how good or tempting a private server is, a private server thief is a thief. At least this time you have shown your strength well, Edge. Kuddo to you that we at least agree that private servers are thieves. Not defending WP but if an official RO server sucks, then just quit RO altogether.

If you're poor in real life, you hate your life ... yes so either you work harder to bring home bread but you must never steal or commit crimes to feed yourself, on other people's loss.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 29 June 2020 - 11:54 AM.

#43 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence Quit

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

I think private servers are for players who can't withstand the rates of the official servers. NovaRO has bunch of autotrades out there, every map you can see autotrade and that adds in their population. While from iRO the offline vending does not add in the online numbers. Why waste time in private servers which has custom script of instances?

#44 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:32 PM

Different strokes for different folks

#45 BraveCloud

BraveCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Server:Chaos/Poring

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

Private servers don't last long, and its illegal.

If Gravity Co., Ltd decides to take action on private servers, its all gone.

I played private servers before in the past, which is like in 2005 cause at that time I got no time to play. Rates were like 100x and each monster you kill, you level up.

In a few weeks or months, the server shut down and the owner went MIA.

Look at iRO, 17 years and still running.

Aside from kRO, iRO is the 2nd longest running server that I known.

IMO, out of all the English servers I known be it official or private, iRO is still the best.

As a working adult, I wouldn't want to waste my time, money and effort on a server where it doesn't last long seeing that it is already so difficult to level in iRO even with current event rates.

#46 jitterscrux

jitterscrux

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 247 posts
  • LocationPoopland
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:15 PM

Private servers don't last long, and its illegal.

If Gravity Co., Ltd decides to take action on private servers, its all gone.

I played private servers before in the past, which is like in 2005 cause at that time I got no time to play. Rates were like 100x and each monster you kill, you level up.

In a few weeks or months, the server shut down and the owner went MIA.

Look at iRO, 17 years and still running.

Aside from kRO, iRO is the 2nd longest running server that I known.

IMO, out of all the English servers I known be it official or private, iRO is still the best.

As a working adult, I wouldn't want to waste my time, money and effort on a server where it doesn't last long seeing that it is already so difficult to level in iRO even with current event rates.

I agree with you p.q

#47 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:33 PM

I wonder why this thread last for so long.

#48 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:47 PM

I wonder why this thread last for so long.

Good question.....

#49 Lovens

Lovens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:59 AM

i've basically tried all the big renewal pservers while iRO was down. Trust me when i said i went in deep on them (limitRO, novaRO, smRO, tried em all). I made sure to build properly and effective and almost maxed out all gears in these servers. in SM i even have multiple dudes pm-ing me for tips 90% of the time i'm online and in town.

They were fun, but heres the deal breaker. Not one of these servers gave me a feeling of value or accomplishment. Everything came too easy and even new players got maxed out in like a week (well with some help). It just feels like you're playing sakray and treating it seriously. It's a bloody joke in SM especially, seeing  bio5 MVP cards accessd so easily due to card exchangers. MCA/OCAs were even modified to give every sort of card imaginable so really nothing is of value there. The worst thing is that they're catered to a different meta (which things are so easy to get so they think MEGA big numbers are a super given and rate classes on that). It's just wrong. Even in kRO, many things require hardwork or were just potentials to be achieved by really long effort (which means not supposed to be the norm). You easily have everything maxed in like smRO for those insane god builds that it's just pointless and feels zero accomplishment. Not to mention it's also a PVE server like Chaos, not Nova. Wheres the fun without the real journey?

In the end, i came back to iRO when hiatus was over and i still have the best time here. Slower things, more stuff to build (even with older contents) and friends that last.

*I fully understand we're not supposed to mention the pservers, but since vmods aren't around its a good time for me to share my experience on the topic before its removed lmao**

You probably hung out with the wrong people then. Its fun when you treat it as a casual activity; you don't have to rush anything on any private server - at the end its your decision to braindead grind on a server. Right now you sound like the same people who complain about things that happen on a private server because you brought it on yourself.

iRO doesn't have any sense of purpose to me. Stuff is either delayed or customized to the point it could pass off as another Nova 2.0. It doesn't feel official. The fact you still try to defend it while simultaneously attempting to stigmatize private servers just because you didn't have a good time is a joke. People will enjoy things, with or without you.  ;)

#50 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:18 AM

You probably hung out with the wrong people then. Its fun when you treat it as a casual activity; you don't have to rush anything on any private server - at the end its your decision to braindead grind on a server. Right now you sound like the same people who complain about things that happen on a private server because you brought it on yourself.

iRO doesn't have any sense of purpose to me. Stuff is either delayed or customized to the point it could pass off as another Nova 2.0. It doesn't feel official. The fact you still try to defend it while simultaneously attempting to stigmatize private servers just because you didn't have a good time is a joke. People will enjoy things, with or without you.  ;)

lfmao. Do not dictate what i did or did not do, it's my personal opinion after experiencing it myself. You do realise that RO is a braindead grinding game right? It's a korean MMO made with grinding first (just look at all the instance design). I did as intended and without delay i was maxed within a week. That's it. Brought it to myself? LOL, dude you're free to love private servers but learn to understand real flaws as it happens. Also, i do not hang out with anyone much in these servers (well except couple guys asking me for help). All my experience on the their environment is based fully on discord chats of each server. I'm sure you are there too and can fully see the hardcore memes making fun of builds everyday; especially those smoking crack always sayin their millions are not enough LOL. They really don't understand how different the real kRO environment is for normal players. 

Lastly, you should understand that private servers are a large part of your problem right? As to why iRO doesnt have anything or is delayed all the time. Since this is a server fully under control by the main company (in a subsidiary manner), you can tell that they really do not have any incentive to focus fully on WP because any content they make is stolen so quickly by these servers trying to make a quick buck. It's literally their business model to quickly translate new content as they are released to attract players. It's how nova and SM compete with each other. Every cent spent towards translation in a real company environment will never be as good as these guys in garages with their life dependent on it; not to mention having no fear of legal repercussions.

Now, fun or not, your experience your choice. I will not dictate it like you did for me lmao, but do not be delusional enough to believe that private servers are good for the game when they steal money away from the real content developers. In any other translation groups for any other games in foreign languages, they would have done it for free and ask you to support the company by buying the original game; I'm sure you can tell the difference.

**Edit** Least you ask, i did have fun in these p.servers.It's literally written on my first paragraph of review. My full review was about how even if it's fun, it does not represent how RO is like officially (kRO, iRO, jRO, whatever). You're again free to enjoy this different environment.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 30 June 2020 - 01:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users