[RT] Mvp body armors should have enchants - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

[RT] Mvp body armors should have enchants

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#1 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:06 PM

All mvp body armors should have enchants. It doesn't make sense to have the hardest mvps in the game drop useless armors because they don't have enchants.

For example, you can kill the HW mvp in bio3 and get a robe of cast[1] with no enchants, while at the same time you can get a robe of cast[1] from Brit 3 that has 2 enchants on it. 

MVP gear shouldn't be obsolete because of fever fields.

edit: after thinking about it, this should apply to garments and shoes from mvps as well.

Edited by AaronP2W, 28 June 2020 - 03:16 PM.

#2 ArslamBR

ArslamBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:14 PM

+1

#3 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

Keep it at MVP fever fields please

#4 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:22 PM

imagine dropping diabolus robe with no enchant, that will make an orc dungeon coat with sp options waay better lul

#5 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:41 AM

:)

#6 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:03 AM

+1
Armor should already be dropping with options since Orc Dungeon was implemented. 

#7 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:44 AM

+24

#8 3809151027155131517

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:36 AM

Makes sense..but needs to be reviewed very carefully. 

Example is Variant shoes. Although it is not slotted, but it does give both HP and SP. You cannot get both HP and SP from one FF Boots its one or the other. 

If variant shoes get enchants like SP100 then its like almost an MVP Tanee card without a drawback. 

#9 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:39 AM

I dont think there is a way to give Variants their own enchant table.  And based on the difficulty and time spent killing a beezle, I would say that it should get the same enchants as everything else.

If you get lucky enough to roll 100 sp on a variants then you are a god.

#10 jajajohn

jajajohn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:45 AM

+++ please add the enchants on mvp monsters armors. There shouldn't be an issue as a lot of the MVPs require multiple people to kill and even then the drop rate isn't 100%.

#11 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:10 AM

Example is Variant shoes. Although it is not slotted, but it does give both HP and SP. You cannot get both HP and SP from one FF Boots its one or the other. 

If variant shoes get enchants like SP100 then its like almost an MVP Tanee card without a drawback. 

If Variant shoes can't get SP then how do they compete with enchanted shoes?

Maximum sp on enchanted shoes would be 4 int, 100 sp with sohee card which is around 15% SP + 135 SP (135 SP is way more than going from 15% to 20% sp). 

Edited by AaronP2W, 29 June 2020 - 01:55 PM.

#12 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:42 AM

They should just slot them then? You can’t enchant some gears but not all.

#13 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:30 PM

Should really already be the case. MvPing being worth doing is of huge importance on any RO server and this one is no different. The best armours should not come from a level 50 bottable dungeon.

#14 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:06 PM

I have to wonder how the system would look if armors/garments/shoes adopted the same system that weapons have.

For example, all weapons drop with options, and have different option tables depending on the level of the monster dropping them. On top of that, weapons dropping from fever fields have a unique option table (that is ostensibly better than normal field option tables).

Why not do the same thing for armors? They all drop with options, across the entire game, with different option tables depending on the level of the monster that drops them. But those that drop in Fever Fields have a different, stronger option table to roll on. Effectively, you're trading the power of the options for variety in equipment - maybe a Formal Suit won't have as good options as an Orc Dungeon Coat, but you can still lean into it for the Formal Suit's own special features (extremely low weight, in this case).

I'm not sure how much you'd want to scale the non-fever field enchants down, or if it would be better to instead scale the fever field enchants up a bit, but I feel like it could go a long way to making a huge amount of currently useless gear at least worth picking up and checking.

#15 lilrey

lilrey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:41 AM

If Variant shoes can't get SP then how do they compete with enchanted shoes?
Maximum sp on enchanted shoes would be 4 int, 100 sp with sohee card which is around 15% SP + 135 SP (135 SP is way more than going from 15% to 20% sp).

Aaron, not all MVP drops are meant to be OP.

So it doesn’t necessarily have to compete to a FF drop. It all has it’s own use. Variant shoes having both hp and sp at same time and can be used on a specific application. Not just for doing asura.

It has 20%hp/sp naturally without risking it break to reach +9.

#16 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:59 AM

Aaron, not all MVP drops are meant to be OP.

It's not about being OP, it's about being consistent with the server.

MVP gear having enchants is the same as MVP gear not having enchants on a server where no gear has enchants. 

For example, if Valk Randgris was released without enchants there is 0 reason to kill the MVP. The hardest MVP's in the game should drop useful gear. 

#17 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:16 AM

+1
But, some Armors should have adjusted enchants, since some of them are already very good, so, reducing the max amount of the enchant would be good, EX: 5%MAX HP Being the maximum of HP ENCHANT

#18 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:26 AM

+1
But, some Armors should have adjusted enchants, since some of them are already very good, so, reducing the max amount of the enchant would be good, EX: 5%MAX HP Being the maximum of HP ENCHANT

MvPs could have their own options table, which doesn't necessarily need to be similar to Frenzy Field

#19 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:07 PM

MvPs could have their own options table, which doesn't necessarily need to be similar to Frenzy Field

Fair enough

#20 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, lets not make mvp drops useless.

#21 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:48 PM

It's not about being OP, it's about being consistent with the server.

MVP gear having enchants is the same as MVP gear not having enchants on a server where no gear has enchants. 

For example, if Valk Randgris was released without enchants there is 0 reason to kill the MVP. The hardest MVP's in the game should drop useful gear. 

I disagree. Valk shield is already a million reason to hunt it,  and even without this, card of randgris is 10 million reason already to hunt it.

If you enchant all MVP drops, there is no sense at all having these fever fields.

This is good the way it is, high level WEAPONS from MVP's only do get enchants. And the rest stay the same. ARMORS from FF. 

Be careful what you are asking for. I don't think this is a good idea at all. 

#22 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:02 PM

I disagree. Valk shield is already a million reason to hunt it

Valk Shield doesn't even drop from Valk Randgris...

#23 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

I disagree. Valk shield is already a million reason to hunt it,  and even without this, card of randgris is 10 million reason already to hunt it.

If you enchant all MVP drops, there is no sense at all having these fever fields.

This is good the way it is, high level WEAPONS from MVP's only do get enchants. And the rest stay the same. ARMORS from FF. 

And shields doesnt have enchants tho

And Valk is a very hard mvp with a lot of competition, dropping an item in a lv50 map that doesnt have competition and its veeeeeeeery easy being stronger than an equipment dropped from one of the strongest mvp in game doesnt makes sense

Edited by Glonfel2, 01 July 2020 - 02:11 PM.

#24 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:13 PM

Shields don't get enchants so this is an non issue. 

Valkyrie Card is trash.

Having best armors from a bottable dungeon is a huge joke, whats the point of killing Valkyrie currently then? An armor which is way worse than even a -_- rolled armor from FF? Quality bait got me there.

#25 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:16 PM

Valk Shield doesn't even drop from Valk Randgris...

Its hypothetical. It drops from valkyrie ok. 

But then Randris drops. Still has its own uses. You can't put all the emnchants same as whats in the FF and at same time gets all those effects from those shields. LOL

A Brynn would be funny if compared to some mvp drops if it also gets FF enchants. 

It doesn't make sense at all. I will just break the game. Can you imagine a Diabolous Robe having FF enchants lol it will put Ghostring/Deviling CK users to shame.

And that right there is some total bull-_-.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users