[Chaos] Can ppl kill those AFKing player's monsters? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Chaos] Can ppl kill those AFKing player's monsters?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:27 AM

In NCT there are many people AFKing on the map and holding a lots of Big Bell

is it legal? and is it legal to take their monster?

Feel like I should take those monsters but fear to be recorded and reported as KS and ban my account?

Anyone can know for sure do we allowed to take those monster?

#2 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:15 AM

afk levelers are not protected by no ks policy

#3 Kedoxu

Kedoxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:19 AM

In NCT there are many people AFKing on the map and holding a lots of Big Bell

is it legal? and is it legal to take their monster?

Feel like I should take those monsters but fear to be recorded and reported as KS and ban my account?

Anyone can know for sure do we allowed to take those monster?

Dont see why should be illegal for them to be AFKing, its not like they are automating anything, they just went through the effort of making a build so they could AFK and level up.

Also there is no way you can know for sure if they are or not AFK, so either way you shouldn't be taking their mobs, besides having players AFK helps with the mobs respawn across the map, just let then be and fly away.

#4 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:28 AM

first there is a simple way to know if someone is afk or not "they move" and second where they help the respawn they take to long to kill the mob.

if a pass two time to the same afk and he is not moving at all i kill the mob but it is diferent when i see someone actively mobing to kill with auto spell.

and there is a simple way to resolve that problem that gravity it self already did on kRO and is the reflected dmg dont active auto spell anymore.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:40 AM

it's still ks

but

if someone is indeed afk, they can't see you doing it
:v

#6 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:04 AM

have you seen that AB AFK leveler at NCT on chaos

that has a purchase shop beside her character "KS me you're on recording" 

that is simply disgusting 

#7 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:06 AM

yes highly recommended to KS them

#8 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:09 AM

Just KS them if they holding such big mob. Afk leveler not protected by no KS policy like Mr. Camp himself have said.

#9 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:28 AM

But still is it confirmed by GM? or The Ticket submit team???

#10 Selas

Selas

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAldebaran

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:41 AM

Campitor has said that KSing AFK auto-casters is okay here:

Having consulted with the elder ones from the before 2010. The traditional ruling regarding kill stealing as as follows.

Please do not engage in ill mannered behavior against other users. Kill stealing from players is ill mannered behavior and can result in punishment. As the players in question are not actively engaging the monsters or leading them back to their party they have no claim to hold the monsters perpetually.

If someone is kill stealing from you please submit a ticket so that the GM team can assist you further. Do not engage in ill mannered behavior against a user you are accusing of kill stealing as that will only result in both users being in trouble. If the GMs are not properly investigating your ticket please PM Barracuda so he can review your case. Please note that the best reports include a short replay file of the kill stealing action.

That all being said. Don't use this as carte blanche to harass afk levelers. If they are fighting face tanking one or two monsters leave them alone. But if they have hordes of monsters than they cannot expect to lock down a large percentage of the maps spawn table for a significant period of time.

Dont see why should be illegal for them to be AFKing, its not like they are automating anything, they just went through the effort of making a build so they could AFK and level up.

Also there is no way you can know for sure if they are or not AFK, so either way you shouldn't be taking their mobs, besides having players AFK helps with the mobs respawn across the map, just let then be and fly away.

AFK auto-cast leveling is not illegal; but these players do not have KS protections if they are stationary even if they are not actually AFK.

I recently complained to support about these non-AFK auto-casters that threaten to report KSing.
After they discussed the complaints I had around these non-AFK atuo-casters, I was told that stationary characters using auto-cast skill equipment to hunt would be treated as an AFK auto-caster even if they PM you.

I don't know if having a buy shop with a report threat changes anything though. I'd avoid non-AFk auto-casters if they request.

Edited by Selas, 30 June 2020 - 05:55 AM.

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:57 AM

take a second look at the situation regardless. There are people that actually play/level with reflect casters, and ppl are a*holes to them

Edited by Ashuckel, 30 June 2020 - 05:57 AM.

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:22 AM

AFK or not if the dude is standing still, I'm gonna kill all the mobs around the dude. AFK leveling is basically a fancy word of botting lmfao

#13 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:23 AM

people pm you back -> they not afk

if not just go ham

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:25 AM

Imagine there are enough AFK levelers filling up every spot in NCT, then what will active players do? Quit? ... gtfo auto botters hahaha

#15 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:53 AM

I remember GM ban player in old day that they mob train entire map of alligators for leveling purpose (hunter claremore)

i am not sure if autocaster can hoard that kind of amount of monsters.

However, it is like old day in zenorc map full of genetic (autocaster), if there is a missing spot, that spot will be full of monsters waiting to be clear.

#16 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:56 AM

Original rule of thumb used to be 4 monsters per person. So if you see the AFK player autospelling more than 4 mobs while staying in the same place then it is fair game to kill a few off them, leave them with 4 still of course, we are civilized people, not savages.

Of course this was the social etiquette of RO during pre-renewal and with renewal, unless you mob like 8-10 mobs at once the leveling speed is slow, but I feel we should really associate then that if in renewal killing 8-10 mobs at once is the norm, then it is also the norm that it is dispatched rather quickly. We all enjoy our mindless grinding experiences and heck, even I do too. So in reality if someone's taking longer than 5 seconds to take down a job in renewal, such as an AFK leveler, we should simply just shame them for being slow killers, even autocast reflect build players kill faster when walking around and actively playing.

Shame on you for killing slow, shame on you for using crap autocast gears and thinking you are a somewhat decent AFK leveler. Shameful shameful.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 30 June 2020 - 11:06 AM.

#17 Budhiluki

Budhiluki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:21 PM

But we cannot afk vending
My client allways close if afk vending

#18 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:24 PM

have you seen that AB AFK leveler at NCT on chaos

that has a purchase shop beside her character "KS me you're on recording" 

that is simply disgusting 

I saw that yesterday but... there was no one there afk-ing, just the poor offline vendor. I'm like who's recording?

Anyway you can. Even if they PM you, if they are stationary they are still not actively engaging the monsters. It would be different if they are at least moving in circles to get the mob's aggro the killing them with the autocast spells.

But if they have been standing in the same spot for ages. Sorry. You'll afk for hours while I'm just here for a quick BMX3 (30mins) or maybe 1-2 hours of leveling. 

If you wanna be smart, be like that char who wore a pneuma clip. That makes it so only melee ppl can kill the mobs them.  :gg:  

#19 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:17 PM

But we cannot afk vending
My client allways close if afk vending

Buy vip to offline vending

#20 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:31 PM

auto casters are bad for real players, period.

Let’s use NCT as your example. At any point, the maximum there is in a map usually is only 109 big bells(not including any increased spawn etc). A single afk caster holding on to 5 big bells will mean only 104 available for anyone else actively playing. With 5 of these guys you will be left with only 84. If there’s 10 guys then GG only 59 big bells left for anyone actually actively playing and not so-called KSing these pillars.

It would be a different story if they were newbs actively killing or their kill speed is like 1-2 second but that’s obviously not the case. All afk casters rely on needing several mobs to activate their skills and kill, inherently holding 20+seconds at least for each afk-ed.

in fact, even if you do ks these afk dudes, you’re still losing out. Every mob they hold that you ks already has a percentage of health taken, so they’re still taking part of your mob exp despite not really being there slaving away for exp LOL.

Anyway, afk-er are not protected by no ks since they are not really there, so just farm away. That person putting the scare tactic is just a Karen in RO lol. In real case, we are the ones tolerating their existence, not other way.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 30 June 2020 - 08:34 PM.

#21 Budhiluki

Budhiluki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:34 PM

Buy vip to offline vending

Uggh i need to get my very own sugar daddy for that

#22 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:52 PM

afk leveling = legalized bot

if they not present in game, then they dont have the right to claim. just kill it

#23 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:56 PM

There's a lv 175 AB Afk-ing in Mid TI, i don't understand what he's doing 

#24 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members