July 1st Transcendence Maintenance - Page 11 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 1st Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
308 replies to this topic

#251 Lesme

Lesme

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:20 PM

Permanently banned for selling 200 apples. LOL

Didn't have the time to sell out more ?

#252 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:24 PM

Didn't have the time to sell out more ?

Nah. I wanted to see how bad it was so I started testing the system. I figured they were gonna do a rollback because, you know, that would make sense.

#253 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:24 PM

Permanently banned for selling 200 apples. LOL

Botting is safer

#254 Delsavior

Delsavior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:37 PM

Do you have any shame? I'm not one of the user's banned and I don't even play apart from WoE but just on principle and ethics... you introduce bugs and people are rightfully exploiting them. The fault and blame should not go to players but to you and your team. Have some shame and be accountable for your own mistakes. If you are banning players for exploiting something that you guys cannot do properly then resign and fire the people accountable. How do you have the nerve to ban users for it? They did not break any rules. If the flaw was introduced by you and your team, you are responsible for it not them. What steps did you take from last week roll back to ensure this does not happen? Apparently none because it happened again. Banning players is not the solution, you are just creating a trap for innocent players just trying to take advantage of a bug your people introduced. Who should ban you now?

The first time already cost everyone a lot and now you repeat it and yet you have the balls to ban players for it when the fault is in your team. Be accountable. Fire your own people before banning players. And if this happens again just resign. This is not your cup of tea, you are not fit for it. Have some shame. 

PS: People who know me, know I cheat every possible in game so I'm not saying I'm a saint but at least I'm not someone taking tons of money like this piece of **** and failing to my job.

A Smart person, notices the issue, and reports the issue.
Exploiting Bugs, Typically a ban-able offense in any game that takes itself even slightly seriously.
But hey, not much point trying to convince a cheater to play games the way they were intended.
Watched 30,000+ players lose accounts in a mobile game, purely cause they decided to exploit the obvious bug. A number of them being heavy spenders.

Was a fun day :)

#255 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:41 PM

I am .. irked... right now so I am leaving that question to the Head GM tomorrow. It would not be appropriate for me to make that call.

Mam, Camp ... I feel bad for you. Time to merge RoT to Chaos and then you can just focus on one server. You keep getting bashed here and there.

Just take server down for a day to stop any abuses and exploitation, then go spend time and relax with your family. You can come back.

Ban all cheaters, exploiters, and abusers.

#256 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:41 PM

Abusing exploits in the game is very clearly and explicitly breaking the rules.

Not banning people who exploit it, even if the damage is reversible/trivial, is an open invitation for others to 1) not report such exploits and 2) abuse the hell out of them in the future. Leaving the exploiters unpunished is not an option.

#257 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:42 PM

A Smart person, notices the issue, and reports the issue.
Exploiting Bugs, Typically a ban-able offense in any game that takes itself even slightly seriously.
But hey, not much point trying to convince a cheater to play games the way they were intended.
Watched 30,000+ players lose accounts in a mobile game, purely cause they decided to exploit the obvious bug. A number of them being heavy spenders.

Was a fun day :)

I am also glad they banned all those exploiters from last week aswell, and bots, and zeny seller/buyers so we can have a perfectly fair server. :)

Edited by Panteperu, 01 July 2020 - 08:43 PM.

#258 SettlerofCatan

SettlerofCatan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:43 PM

I did it once, and then submitted a ticket to report the exploit, like i thought the normal pathway to report an issue was. Do some people have the ability to summon a GM? lol. I hope that this didn't count against me.

#259 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:46 PM

• Testing a change to the the mechanism for Champion Spawns in Einbech Mines
    • The goal is to allow more to spawn. If this works well it will be implemented on other fever fields.

By testing, did they mean they're internally testing it, or is it live on the servers right now and they're seeing how things go? Did anyone notice anything different with how Champions spawn since the servers went up?

#260 Delsavior

Delsavior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:50 PM

I did it once, and then submitted a ticket to report the exploit, like i thought the normal pathway to report an issue was. Do some people have the ability to summon a GM? lol. I hope that this didn't count against me.

Yep that would be a smart persons choice, in a normal functioning community with people that prefer their game to survive, people would do this.

Not exploit it, then complain about how they shouldn't be punished for it.

Times have changed...

#261 Hiban

Hiban

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:53 PM

I guess the Banning started. A lot of people are posting their Screenshots in RT Discord of their accounts "prohibited to log in." According to  the chat (not very reliable info) if you sold the apples = Ban, but if you only bought them = no ban.

#262 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:01 PM

If you got banned and believe you shouldn't be PM me and I will get the GMs to review your case. We did an initial cut off of 800 apples sold so there shouldn't be too many users affected

PM me your ticket

#263 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:22 PM

Mam, Camp ... I feel bad for you. Time to merge RoT to Chaos and then you can just focus on one server. You keep getting bashed here and there.

Just take server down for a day to stop any abuses and exploitation, then go spend time and relax with your family. You can come back.

Ban all cheaters, exploiters, and abusers.

:Emo_21: miss you, wish you were here.

Edited by Biggggg, 01 July 2020 - 09:25 PM.

#264 Hiban

Hiban

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:22 PM

If you got banned and believe you shouldn't be PM me and I will get the GMs to review your case. We did an initial cut off of 800 apples sold so there shouldn't be too many users affected

PM me your ticket

I know not many people say it on here, but thank you Campitor. You take a lot of criticism as the middle-man or the messenger on here and I know it's tough some times when you have people displacing their anger on you. I know your job isn't easy. Do know that some do appreciate your work ethic. Thank you for making us feel listened to. 

#265 SethKim

SethKim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:23 PM

Do you have any shame? I'm not one of the user's banned and I don't even play apart from WoE but just on principle and ethics... you introduce bugs and people are rightfully exploiting them. The fault and blame should not go to players but to you and your team. Have some shame and be accountable for your own mistakes. If you are banning players for exploiting something that you guys cannot do properly then resign and fire the people accountable. How do you have the nerve to ban users for it? They did not break any rules. If the flaw was introduced by you and your team, you are responsible for it not them. What steps did you take from last week roll back to ensure this does not happen? Apparently none because it happened again. Banning players is not the solution, you are just creating a trap for innocent players just trying to take advantage of a bug your people introduced. Who should ban you now?

The first time already cost everyone a lot and now you repeat it and yet you have the balls to ban players for it when the fault is in your team. Be accountable. Fire your own people before banning players. And if this happens again just resign. This is not your cup of tea, you are not fit for it. Have some shame. Don't you think lot of innocent players are going to get banned for your mistakes? How do you feel about that? I can't even imagine how you have the nerve to shift blame on players for this. Just resign....

PS: People who know me, know I cheat in every possible way in game (Yeah EAC is useless) so I'm not saying I'm a saint but at least I'm not someone taking tons of money like this piece of **** and failing to do my job.

Camp, please read this.  Read twice and please read again tomorrow.

#266 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:33 PM

Do you have any shame? 

*snip*

PS: People who know me, know I cheat in every possible way in game (Yeah EAC is useless) so I'm not saying I'm a saint but at least I'm not someone taking tons of money like this piece of **** and failing to do my job.

Is this some kind of ironic performance art?

Edited by mildcontempt, 01 July 2020 - 09:33 PM.

#267 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:36 PM

Why is anyone getting banned at all?
Since when did games are banning players for a bad implemented event?

This is the third week in a row in which the people in charge of the event did a very poor job (unite event, kiel pet box and apples), after 2 months of good-for-nothing maintenances.

How is it fair to ban a single player for your own faults? Would you have banned the whole server if players didnt alerted you so quick? (Which seems to have annoy you instead)

The least damaging scenario was to sell the unripple apples to npc, because people can make a lot more zeny by farming in any map, how is that hurting your bussiness to enforce a ban?

#268 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:53 PM

Why is anyone getting banned at all?
Since when did games are banning players for a bad implemented event?

This is the third week in a row in which the people in charge of the event did a very poor job (unite event, kiel pet box and apples), after 2 months of good-for-nothing maintenances.

How is it fair to ban a single player for your own faults? Would you have banned the whole server if players didnt alerted you so quick? (Which seems to have annoy you instead)

The least damaging scenario was to sell the unripple apples to npc, because people can make a lot more zeny by farming in any map, how is that hurting your bussiness to enforce a ban?

To be clear, users who intentionally exploit mechanics to gain an unfair advantage will be banned. Its the same as using safety wall to prevent other users from fighting monsters, or using ice wall to teleport into the maze to farm mummies. 

In this case we suspended a narrow band of users who used the bug to gain zeny they shouldn't have, and only if the zeny was above a threshold of hundreds of apples sold in the hour after maintenance. Users who sold a very small amount of apples were not banned. Most likely unless they have a history they will just have the zeny removed with a warning. But thats up to the GMs to decide and going to be reviewed on a case by case basis.

Its up to me now to educate those who made the scripts on how not to let this happen again. I have to document what happened, report it, and take responsibility for it.

#269 RynokuX

RynokuX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:53 PM

Now that’s over, can we please get a response on all the questions people have about bug fixes and future updates? Please

#270 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:58 PM

:Emo_21: miss you, wish you were here.

You -_-ing cheating betrayal lmfao. You'll die this week lmfao 

#271 daileon2

daileon2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:01 PM

Its up to me now to educate those who made the scripts on how not to let this happen again. I have to document what happened, report it, and take responsibility for it.

Kudos for you for this, honestly.

#272 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:06 PM

Good bye CadburyChocolate~ I take it this is ur desperate attempt to say hey i didn't do it!!.. I will laugh if he does ban everybody who clicked that NPC.. really people who exploit the server really do deserve to be banned.. GOOD FOR YOU CAMP!! GET EM!!!

huh? You id!ot or what?  i didnt even log in the server, just read it at discord. LOL

#273 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:08 PM

To be clear, users who intentionally exploit mechanics to gain an unfair advantage will be banned. Its the same as using safety wall to prevent other users from fighting monsters, or using ice wall to teleport into the maze to farm mummies. 

In this case we suspended a narrow band of users who used the bug to gain zeny they shouldn't have, and only if the zeny was above a threshold of hundreds of apples sold in the hour after maintenance. Users who sold a very small amount of apples were not banned. Most likely unless they have a history they will just have the zeny removed with a warning. But thats up to the GMs to decide and going to be reviewed on a case by case basis.

what changes did u make btw with einbech,? didnt seem to improve anything

#274 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:19 PM

Server should be online again shortly the users are being banned. Unripe apples cannot be sold to npcs now to prevent issues with stockpiled ones being hidden for later before we can track em down

I can sense the FUTURE, with very high determination of Copy&Paste

Hope Staff will not "COPY & PASTE" this idea to Renewal Server, when game have too many etc. items that sold more than 500z

Also renewal sv got "High Value Trader" to being used than making it can't be sold.

Spoiler

#275 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:20 PM

No idea how anybody can defend exploiting bugs like that, at least if you're gonna do it don't be a moron and tell everyone you did it. The guy saying that people were "rightfully exploiting the them" should be getting laughed at, because yes the problem came from WP staff being incompetent, but their punishment for that should be to lose credibility in front of their comunity -which is already in a state of decay- and maybe take disciplinary action internally with people involved in the issue. They already got their punishment for the last rollback, a bunch of people straight up left the server and more people are doing so each day because those things add up.

All in all, I'm happy to see the people that exploited the bug rightfully banned and I think I haven't laughed this much in the entire year with all that was happening in the discord with the memes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users