July 1st Transcendence Maintenance - Page 4 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 1st Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
308 replies to this topic

#76 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:22 PM

Why are there many people saying the server's gonna die? I'm new here so what do you base on?

Cus out of RT population, 90%+ are probably bots. Also, before there was a server called Re:Start and it flopped then merged into main server Chaos. RoT seems to jus follow the suite. So, It’s just the way it is.

RO is old. Many people have played and experienced many things already. So with this new same server, if there is at least one thing that they ain’t happy with, they will just quit. After all, they have put little or no effort. Only some hardcore players will continue staying until the end of time.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 01 July 2020 - 03:27 PM.

#77 bersinzon

bersinzon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:23 PM

For the bots: Ban them, update EAC.

For zeny sink: Add a NPC what reroll the options on your gear (the range, not the stat itself) for 1kk or something like that.

For the SP items: Daily events that gives them on a small quantity, something on those lines.

@Edit

Just because I don't agree with the LAZY and stupid fix you all suggesting, does not make me a botter.

First, a NPC that sells SP items are not going to get rid of the bots, they will just find another way to make money. Most of them don't hunt SP items anyway, at least gon_dun01 is empty with 1 or 2 bots.

Second, this same NPC won't end the crazy inflation that is going on. This will just make people play the game less and less, making the botters own all the zeny in the game.

In a Small quantity can you supply for WoE? Nope.
In a Small quantity can you supply those who MvP? Nope.
In a Small quantity can you supply yourself for little PvE? Probably.

So I think your "solution" lacks of... errrh... Solution.

#78 Darurisey

Darurisey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:24 PM

@Campitor

It's been weeks since the last EAC update (at least mentioned in patch notes), and months since you guys said that you are looking into it.

Are we gonna get some measures against botters any time soon?

Edited by Darurisey, 01 July 2020 - 03:25 PM.

#79 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:25 PM

When are GM's going to start the Re-ROLL process? 

#80 Darurisey

Darurisey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:27 PM

In a Small quantity can you supply for WoE? Nope.
In a Small quantity can you supply those who MvP? Nope.
In a Small quantity can you supply yourself for little PvE? Probably.

So I think your "solution" lacks of... errrh... Solution.

Ragnarok has been this way forever and I never saw a WoE gets canceled because of this. As I said, this is NOT a WoE server, if you want supplies, HUNT THEM.

Just a quick edit, let's say a event that gives 15 strawberries per day, and you do this in two characters. That's 210 straberries per week for free, which is enough (for some classes) to play WoE. 

And by adding this, the prices of SP items will naturally go down, making them more accessible for classes that uses lots of them.

Edited by Darurisey, 01 July 2020 - 03:30 PM.

#81 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:30 PM

Do you have any alternative ideas to reduce reliance on bots and add zeny sinks?

1. Make sp items at a good chance to drop from high level maps. (and/or maps that bots CANNOT farm)

2. If really needs sp item at npc, create new sp item that has more weight and/or has less healing rate than blue potion. Put it at reasonable price. This way, potters / ranked potters will be more valuable

3. To avoid zeny spam with blue potions at npc, reduce selling price.

Simple as that.

Putting good sp items at npc will only encourage people that bot zeny to bot even more to have infinite stuff at woe.

Edit:

Example: why not put blue herb to have a good drop chance from dragons/bio maps? Like 20%+ ?

Why not to put ygg seed/Berry at 20/50% to drop from abyss champion monsters?

Same for other Champs monsters (but drop rate relative to difficulty)?

Edited by rdoc3, 01 July 2020 - 03:34 PM.

#82 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:35 PM

The Problem is:
People are farming now in HIGH LEVEL maps, there are a low pop in low levels and almost no new players, and since the EXP is waaaaaaay high the new players get level easily, and, afaik, Strawberry/Honey usually drops from low lv maps where people used to leveling
The Possible solutio(?):
Put something like Strawberry box[50 or so?] from High Frenzy Fields area? (not in Orcs Dun, its a easy bottable map...)
I would suggest to put some equips like the Strawberry hat but i know that bots would used this and would be even worse
so, how about it?   putting Strawberry/Grapes or Lemons Boxes to drop from frenzy fields? box that have something like 30 to 50 or over?

Almost forgot, we can put some "frenzy fields alike" map, something like a huge farm for Pot Stuff? SP Stuff? but with strong/anoying monsters

Edited by Glonfel2, 01 July 2020 - 03:42 PM.

#83 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

Putting good sp items at npc will only encourage people that bot zeny to bot even more to have infinite stuff at woe.

^ this and it would just be as bad as Re:tard WoE where Knights had unlimited supplies to just auto pot to win. The difference now is that instead of spending KP to buy cash supplies, now WoE bots harder to have unlimited supplies in WoE.

Though the first suggestion is very legit. Bring instances where give good SP rewards. I’m sure Camp is capable of doing this as he’s done it before on Chaos. Don’t remember the event name but they rewards were some juicy Shadow gears. Good thing about it? Bots couldn’t do it :^)

Edited by ChakriGuard, 01 July 2020 - 03:37 PM.

#84 Darurisey

Darurisey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:38 PM

Exactly!

If anything, the people that are calling me a botter, are the actual botters lol

Edited by Darurisey, 01 July 2020 - 03:38 PM.

#85 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:39 PM

Lmfao

#86 lilrey

lilrey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:42 PM

-_- got a point there.

then just put light blues at kp shop! Hhahaha

#87 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:50 PM

We need to discuss this in a proper topic, putting those problems of the server and Discussing the best solutions

#88 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:51 PM

^ this and it would just be as bad as Re:tard WoE where Knights had unlimited supplies to just auto pot to win. The difference now is that instead of spending KP to buy cash supplies, now WoE bots harder to have unlimited supplies in WoE.

Though the first suggestion is very legit. Bring instances where give good SP rewards. I’m sure Camp is capable of doing this as he’s done it before on Chaos. Don’t remember the event name but they rewards were some juicy Shadow gears. Good thing about it? Bots couldn’t do it :^)

Instances to get some Stuff for SP/HP recovery would be neat

#89 NashHen

NashHen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:53 PM

The suggestions to make supplies as rewards for higher level content/instances/fever fields (the hard ones) sounds really good. Making it impossible for bots to farm this new thing should be a priority.

#90 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:56 PM

Going to be delayed a little. Waiting on the DBA to apply the drops changes. Then we gotta quickly test.

#91 Darurisey

Darurisey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:58 PM

Alright, ty

#92 Lesme

Lesme

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:01 PM

i think we have all figured out that E-Corps guild, p2w guild, MIBR guild, and a few others ill leave the names outta this, are all just botter guilds.. and then there is C H U B I the master botter/scripter who does MVP's with quick precision who teleports instantly and quickly to the MVP, quick greed scrolling, and quick teleporting..

The first rule to enter MiBR is to NOT use BOTS, do you know how many bots our guild report weekly? Don't start giving names if you don't have proof. Such a BS statement.

Edited by Lesme, 01 July 2020 - 04:02 PM.

#93 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:02 PM

@Camp, any news about the reroll of shoes?

#94 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:02 PM

Champion Novus should drop the sp item box?

And what about

+1

What about reducing the drop rate of mastela fruit from grand pecos, pearls from sea otter or reduce their selling price or make them not sell able like crystal mirror / witherless rose?

#95 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:04 PM

To do this, they have to remove the drop of items from low level monsters. The question is, will it happen? Will this decrease server inflation? What will be the measure taken to drain zeny from the server?
Want is a good solution? Do the same as the bRO team did and change the selling price of items the bots collect to 5z, just like you did with weapons. If you can't do any of this, unfortunately this server will continue to make the same mistakes as Restart

#96 euphoria1

euphoria1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:05 PM

i think we have all figured out that E-Corps guild, p2w guild, MIBR guild, and a few others ill leave the names outta this, are all just botter guilds..  and then there is C H U B I the master botter/scripter who does MVP's with quick precision who teleports instantly and quickly to the MVP, quick greed scrolling, and quick teleporting.. 

Agree. Easy to notice that. I already open a ticket for investigate him.

Staff absolutely doesn't care.

#97 LeoDiCaprio

LeoDiCaprio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:08 PM

Agree. Easy to notice that. I already open a ticket for investigate him.

Staff absolutely doesn't care.

Same, I reported chubi twice I think. I also have a few more friends that reported him too.

#98 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:09 PM

To do this, they have to remove the drop of items from low level monsters. The question is, will it happen? Will this decrease server inflation? What will be the measure taken to drain zeny from the server?
Want is a good solution? Do the same as the bRO team did and change the selling price of items the bots collect to 5z, just like you did with weapons. If you can't do any of this, unfortunately this server will continue to make the same mistakes as Restart

There are some items that really should have their prices adjusted, like mastela for example and some other items (Pearl from Sea otters and so on)
and start zeny sink RN!

#99 Psyfer

Psyfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:10 PM

Whatever program chubi uses sucks we beat him out every time, that guy is wack, just ban him already for making this server look bad ugh...

#100 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:12 PM

The way to stop bots is for people to stop RMTing zeny. Unfortunately that will never happen and therefore there is always financial incentive for companies/people to keep botting. If you want to stop botting, this is the only way. Any other solution won't be effective as bots will always find a way to make zeny to then turn around and RMT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users