How far can a "New" player get in this server(renewal) PvE wise with not a lot of zenny? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How far can a "New" player get in this server(renewal) PvE wise with not a lot of zenny?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:24 AM

I was kinda looking at the market to gear up my character and the price on most things are just scary. Even on some normally cheaper stuff like steel is like 10k a piece. The server has really advance a lot in the money spectrum. So for those only wanting to experience the PvE content how far would you guys say they can make it? 

Edited by hungrymuch, 05 July 2020 - 07:24 AM.

#2 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:41 AM

Use free gears from Eden Group quest, and walk a lot... 

Could always farm some strawberries or low tier items and sell it to vend shop to accumulate your funds.

For healing items, just ask someone to give you a skellion or skelecat (veterans have a lot of those) and use fresh fish (200z+) for recovery.

Very far.. I start with nothing and lvl-ed slowly over the course of 4 months. Don't have to be overwhelmed with the power creep. You'll eventually get there.

Look at some older builds that uses ingame items instead of cash shop items. Those are cheap.

#3 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:55 AM

You wouldn't say a lot of the PvE content requires any of those soul consuming gear? 

#4 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:14 AM

What class are you playing?

#5 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:21 AM

Hunter about to rebirth

#6 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:24 AM

i would make a blacksmith and just greed the hell out of low TI (from lvl70) while flywinging. I bet you can make quite a good amount in an hour to start levelling your main quite steadily.

#7 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:55 AM

How far? I made it to 175 on my oboro, 160 (current max level for SN) and currently level 143 Royal Guard (but i have a lot of EXP kicking in soon, but more on that later). The thing these classes have in common is that I started them from novice 1/1 on a brand new account, no gears thrown in, just log in and get started. Additionally all of this was streamed, in fact, I did not level the characters UNLESS I was on stream, I didn't make my zeny unless it was documented. The Super Novice was geared as much as it could have been, the Magic Oboro only purchased 2 Overseas Care Package (those extremely expensive items from the cash shop you may see selling for 500m+ and whatnot) and leveled with the rest of the equipment being in-game equipment. The Royal Guard is currently a bit different because the other 2 I allowed the purchase of those powerful items to show that you can get the zeny but right now I went off on a full no cash shop equipment, no OCP equipment build. Currently level 143, streamed the entirety of it and people have seen the progression.

What made the Royal Guard stream different is that I was very strict about the equipment I was allowed to use and what not to use, although I have been asked why I am using some cheap accessories, truth be told I just worry about EXP and the sole fact my Royal Guard CAN kill mobs at a decent pace. Here is a preview of what I have, 

unknown.png

I didn't activate buffs but I normally have about 187 aspd with +7 foods and agility up. 

There's a, maybe you could say cookie cutter build for how to approach the game in the not lot of zeny manner, but you're still gonna need to farm up a bit and there's a general comprehensive approach to it which follows:
Early Game:
Rainbow Shell, Snail's Shell, Scorpion Tails, Horns are items that people buy in buy shops, mostly the snail's shells Horns and Rainbow Shell. The scorpion Tails I don't see as often, not sure why. But there's a 3,500 z  to 5,000 z buy shop in Payon and Geffen as well as Prontera sometimes. These items are popular because people use them to create elemental converters. If you look at the price of elemental converters you will understand why these items are being purchased at this price. It is a good price point to incentivize newbies to hunt them and then the people who buy them will turn them into converters with their sage and they will make a profit. Starting as a newbie you don't have access to these things, but hey! everytime you make a new character you are making zeny and moving the economy until you reach that point and want to participate there.

Sticky Webfoot is another item that gets purchased often and they pay about 3,000 zeny or so, around there. It is a popular item because you can just power level a character from 56-70 (well technically 71) just turning in sticky webfoot and you skip out on a good chunk of leveling there, usually people that are trying to speed level
https://irowiki.org/...sts#Level_56-70

Other items that are good in the early game (for me early game is 1-99 just to put it into perspective) such as Zenorc Fangs and Mermaid's Hearts which are used for brewing this item called Glistening Coat which Alchemist/Biochemist/Geneticist use for a skill called Chemical Protection to prevent weapons and armors from breaking from enemy skills and the like. Zenorc Fang and Mermaid's Hearts have been seen for about 5,000 zeny each in Geffen, There's also other brewing materials such as Witched Starsands dropped by Bathories in the clock tower that are purchased for approximately 5,000 zeny as well. 
Here is the link to the Alchemist Brewing: https://irowiki.org/...otion_Materials

Not sure how well the other stuff does but the stuff mentioned above you will usually find a buy shop for

Now, with this part of the early game in mind, you can make zeny to purchase supplies such as Fresh Fish, Awakening Potions, Fly Wings. 
There's this free equipment called "Eden Group Equipment" that you obtain from doing some quests at certain levels https://irowiki.org/...quipments_Quest

For the most part you can level using these up to level 99 and you will be well off. 

and last but not least, the eden group leveling quests give you a reasonable pathway of where to level and you can explore parts of the game. Even more you can find out which monsters you are strong against and weak against and get a good game sense of what you can deal with and then figure out how to solve it 

Finally, https://irowiki.org/...ty_Board_Quests the bounty board system is something you can use to just go level up on. I personally use these as a short term goal towards a long term goal. Example, at level 111-120 there's these missions for Eden Group leveling for Raydrics and then Geffen Bounty Boards for level 100-120 has a mission for Raydrics that requires you to kill 150 Raydrics. Raydric Card sells relatively well so I could just level up and farm on raydrics as I do these missions, get EXP, turn them in and then eventually (if i'm lucky) I might get a card and I'll be okay. If i don't get it, at least the short term goal was obtaining EXP and the long term goal was a card. I mean, they drop at a very low rate but you can focus on getting stronger which will make future leveling easier.
There I combined hunting a card, with the eden group leveling quest and the bounty board and progressed further. 

So, there's plenty of resources in the game to make leveling happen, there's also a market that is alive and you will find a lot of items that you could use, I found all my items in the market except for Raydric Card, Thanatos Spear, i farmed those, super saiyan hat was given to me by a friend BUT I only allowed it because well, it has no enchants and it doesn't hurt to look cool for the stream, right?

Ask any question and I will give you a truthful response. It's not gonna be my last character, I plan to run a lot of characters in this format just to have a tried and true approach and be able to help people with the problems they may run into with their class

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:56 AM

it's definitely a much slower start up, to not ever spend anything, but as far as the ceiling goes, it's the same as a "paid user", you will just take longer to get there(mostly the beginning, later on it's not too different for both)

#9 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 10:19 AM

How far? I made it to 175 on my oboro, 160 (current max level for SN) and currently level 143 Royal Guard (but i have a lot of EXP kicking in soon, but more on that later). The thing these classes have in common is that I started them from novice 1/1 on a brand new account, no gears thrown in, just log in and get started. Additionally all of this was streamed, in fact, I did not level the characters UNLESS I was on stream, I didn't make my zeny unless it was documented. The Super Novice was geared as much as it could have been, the Magic Oboro only purchased 2 Overseas Care Package (those extremely expensive items from the cash shop you may see selling for 500m+ and whatnot) and leveled with the rest of the equipment being in-game equipment. The Royal Guard is currently a bit different because the other 2 I allowed the purchase of those powerful items to show that you can get the zeny but right now I went off on a full no cash shop equipment, no OCP equipment build. Currently level 143, streamed the entirety of it and people have seen the progression.

What made the Royal Guard stream different is that I was very strict about the equipment I was allowed to use and what not to use, although I have been asked why I am using some cheap accessories, truth be told I just worry about EXP and the sole fact my Royal Guard CAN kill mobs at a decent pace. Here is a preview of what I have, 

unknown.png

I didn't activate buffs but I normally have about 187 aspd with +7 foods and agility up. 

There's a, maybe you could say cookie cutter build for how to approach the game in the not lot of zeny manner, but you're still gonna need to farm up a bit and there's a general comprehensive approach to it which follows:
Early Game:
Rainbow Shell, Snail's Shell, Scorpion Tails, Horns are items that people buy in buy shops, mostly the snail's shells Horns and Rainbow Shell. The scorpion Tails I don't see as often, not sure why. But there's a 3,500 z  to 5,000 z buy shop in Payon and Geffen as well as Prontera sometimes. These items are popular because people use them to create elemental converters. If you look at the price of elemental converters you will understand why these items are being purchased at this price. It is a good price point to incentivize newbies to hunt them and then the people who buy them will turn them into converters with their sage and they will make a profit. Starting as a newbie you don't have access to these things, but hey! everytime you make a new character you are making zeny and moving the economy until you reach that point and want to participate there.

Sticky Webfoot is another item that gets purchased often and they pay about 3,000 zeny or so, around there. It is a popular item because you can just power level a character from 56-70 (well technically 71) just turning in sticky webfoot and you skip out on a good chunk of leveling there, usually people that are trying to speed level
https://irowiki.org/...sts#Level_56-70

Other items that are good in the early game (for me early game is 1-99 just to put it into perspective) such as Zenorc Fangs and Mermaid's Hearts which are used for brewing this item called Glistening Coat which Alchemist/Biochemist/Geneticist use for a skill called Chemical Protection to prevent weapons and armors from breaking from enemy skills and the like. Zenorc Fang and Mermaid's Hearts have been seen for about 5,000 zeny each in Geffen, There's also other brewing materials such as Witched Starsands dropped by Bathories in the clock tower that are purchased for approximately 5,000 zeny as well. 
Here is the link to the Alchemist Brewing: https://irowiki.org/...otion_Materials

Not sure how well the other stuff does but the stuff mentioned above you will usually find a buy shop for

Now, with this part of the early game in mind, you can make zeny to purchase supplies such as Fresh Fish, Awakening Potions, Fly Wings. 
There's this free equipment called "Eden Group Equipment" that you obtain from doing some quests at certain levels https://irowiki.org/...quipments_Quest

For the most part you can level using these up to level 99 and you will be well off. 

and last but not least, the eden group leveling quests give you a reasonable pathway of where to level and you can explore parts of the game. Even more you can find out which monsters you are strong against and weak against and get a good game sense of what you can deal with and then figure out how to solve it 

Finally, https://irowiki.org/...ty_Board_Quests the bounty board system is something you can use to just go level up on. I personally use these as a short term goal towards a long term goal. Example, at level 111-120 there's these missions for Eden Group leveling for Raydrics and then Geffen Bounty Boards for level 100-120 has a mission for Raydrics that requires you to kill 150 Raydrics. Raydric Card sells relatively well so I could just level up and farm on raydrics as I do these missions, get EXP, turn them in and then eventually (if i'm lucky) I might get a card and I'll be okay. If i don't get it, at least the short term goal was obtaining EXP and the long term goal was a card. I mean, they drop at a very low rate but you can focus on getting stronger which will make future leveling easier.
There I combined hunting a card, with the eden group leveling quest and the bounty board and progressed further. 

So, there's plenty of resources in the game to make leveling happen, there's also a market that is alive and you will find a lot of items that you could use, I found all my items in the market except for Raydric Card, Thanatos Spear, i farmed those, super saiyan hat was given to me by a friend BUT I only allowed it because well, it has no enchants and it doesn't hurt to look cool for the stream, right?

Ask any question and I will give you a truthful response. It's not gonna be my last character, I plan to run a lot of characters in this format just to have a tried and true approach and be able to help people with the problems they may run into with their class

I knew about the eden group gear that one i had down, but the mats others use and why for zenny i didn't know. Those are a lot of really good ideas! thanks a lot :) i'll be trying a couple of them to see which one sticks better

#10 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 10:26 AM

I would like to add, this helps in the early game, what I did later was stuff like hunting cards and whatnot, but to maintain my HP healed up I used Evil Druid which turns your element to undead and i used Ice Creams witht he Snowier Card to increase the healing with Ice Cream. Ice Cream will freeze you but there's other alternatives such as Fresh fish and Scatleton Pet and such. I used to heal my SP by going back to the eden group and use the eden Kitchen to heal up, it is the same as an Inn to rest and heal up but if you need SP it doesn't hurt to get SP items such as blue herbs or Blue potions, but if you can autoattack more with your character you will do better. I could probably tailor something reasonable and comprehensive but yeah.

Oh and for Zeny I also farmed some cards but that's kinda something I can mention later, just would like to know where you at.

AND of course, if you need more information or need an idea we do have some Vods on the stream page, so if you're interested in the kind of approach and the things I do later on in the higher levels feel free to check out https://www.twitch.tv/captainsunbear the stream and I do have a comprehensive approach to leveling an acolyte which you could adapt for any new character you make, just replace acolyte for whichever class you play and you should have similar results. More info on there but consider checking it out. I only try to join in these threads when I can help and provide tried and true advice. 
Any questions feel free to DM, I welcome all questions

EDIT: forgot to add this VOD where I showed a decent start for Acolyte just getting all the freebies, enchanting your novice weapon and cotton shirt and just getting a smooth start. Apply to your character and you can be just fine early on with any brand new character, as you progress and get more items and zeny you can start just speeding up the process and moving straight into weapon enchant + armor enchant after getting the eden group freebies (15 agi scrolls, 15 bless scrolls, 2 free battle manuals, 5 butterfly wings) and get straight into leveling as youll have zeny for your traveling needs and you already know what to expect from the beginning: https://www.twitch.t...968?t=00h11m00s

Edited by CaptainSunbear, 05 July 2020 - 10:52 AM.

#11 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 05:22 PM

is it a challenge? or principle? to start up from nothing or not to pay a single dollar?

I think it is time wasting, better pay some really money to buy OCP or Kafra items to sell for Zeny and enjoy game faster.

I’m sure on 2020 still playing Ragnarok, you can afford a little money right? time is resource don’t waste too much time to farm from nothing....

#12 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 July 2020 - 05:49 PM

make a blacksmith, get to lv70 and greed the hell out of low TI for an hour (flywing+greed, avoid mob). You'll get enough zenny for any new starts you want without spending a cent. Many low level gears are cheap

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 05 July 2020 - 05:50 PM.

#13 WeiOWeiO

WeiOWeiO

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 06:26 PM

On Chaos Renewal you can find people who buy sticky webfoot and certain other “trash” loot for much more than what they sell to an NPC for due to them being used in Eden Group quests. It certainly isn’t going to get you outfitted in end game gear anytime soon but it helps in keeping yourself stocked with Monster Feed or Fresh Fish early on.

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 July 2020 - 06:38 PM

Hard way, make a mechanic or whatsoever and get HBP. Greed all the way. Though ... this method is very stupid imo. Very time consuming for very small reward lol

Easy way, spend couple dollars. Get Enforcer shoes and make a GX. Farm instances -> Sell loots -> Easy profits. For example, instead of greeding in TI maps for 3 hours and make less than 10m, 20m or 30m, you can just run Sky fortress for hours and a chance to drop the JDR and sell for 12-15b? You can use GX to farm Faceworm easily too, to give yourself a stable zeny supply. Easy OGH/AOGH. Easy NTF. Etc. Many more instances to do to sell loots. 

#15 Jepnexus

Jepnexus

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:31 PM

Go Rockridge, kill Brown Rat and Swamp Arclouze then sell the cards, these monsters have very low hp and their cards can sell for 200m.

#16 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:12 PM

Back when I was only getting 20 Gray shards per day. took me 10 days to get my Thanatos Katar at 120+. In comparison you can just buy it cheaply these days. It all depends about how slow or fast do you want to take the game.

At lvl 99 you can run Sarah Memories, the food dropped there gives like 2m+ zeny if overcharged, so its a decent instance for starter, with good experience too.

#17 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:59 PM

Beg for zeny in Eden kitchen and Izlude. I made my first 100m begging.

#18 DessyRay

DessyRay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationOn my favorite "Couch"
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Hacked

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:28 PM

To be honest play this game for free is so fun, expecially vip can be buy with zeny. cheapest i find was 60m few days ago. Make blacksmith just for greed mostly in TI maps easy zeny. Eden gear is really easy to obtain. I know finding party is kinda hard, but if you lucky you will find some good soul in Izlude helping with tips (dont begging, most peole hate this behaviour). The rest just do some research own your own like basic build,skill quest ,Instances, events etc. If you lazy nothing will work.

My first chara was wizard it was hard to play when I was always solo. Until I met some friends. I miss those good souls.

Edited by DessyRay, 09 July 2020 - 07:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users