July 9th Transcendence Maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 9th Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#51 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

You've now discovered the self undermining cycle of korean games in the western market.

- Korean HQs don't send updates/take too long/don't pay much attention to their western published servers.
- Western servers for those games start to decrease in popularity and have a worse gaming experience. People leave.
- Korean HQs see that western servers aren't as populated and are falling off, so they pay less attention to them.
-repeat indefinitely

RO/Gravity is not the first nor only one to do this, but it's certainly one of the most egregious displays of this cycle.
I've played other games in wich people from the western audience had to reach out to korean players for they to then communicate with the korean devs, as otherwise those complaints would never reach them and never be adressed.

The need of support has been the focus of my meetings over the last couple weeks. We should be getting improved times on things later in the year. But I want to see it before I make some big fanfare post. Were not just going to wait around for that, we've been pushing hard to get updates for both server rulesets and more updates with each update cycle. 4 years ago we would have only gotten a dungeon and maybe a card set, or just the episode. Now we're able to get more content with each cycle.

^ Truth is, most spenders come from Asia anyway. If you were a CEO, you would also focus on Asia, where money grows on trees.

Like what? Average noobs on a top tier guild are expected to have over $50k worth of gears at minimum and core members are expected to have over $200k worth of gears. Gachas give very horrible rates that players may spend over $500 and still get nothing but buff scrolls lmfao

China numbers oneeeeeeee lul

I would like to believe that as a publisher we've avoided the worst excesses of most gacha rates. I know some don't agree with us but we really do want users not to be punished for spending with us.

#52 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:22 PM

The need of support has been the focus of my meetings over the last couple weeks. Were should be getting improved times on things later in the year. But I want to see it before I make some big fanfare post. Were not just going to wait around for that, we've been pushing hard to get updates for both server rulesets and more updates with each update cycle. 4 years ago we would have only gotten a dungeon and maybe a card set. Or just the episode now were able to get more content with each cycle.

I've been on iRO for long enough to see that happening, and see that yes, things have gotten a lot better than it used to when it comes to updates. But it's still a very sad and common practice from korean devs, and the fact that you have to push so hard (pretty much beg) that they pay attention to their own game and audience doesn't sit well with anyone, even yourselves i bet. I don't for one believe you guys want to serve a bad product to your customers, but the situation wich you have with HQ is just f..cked to say the least.

(Of course there are the things that you guys have the capability of doing in house, and have to be held accountable for)

Edited by Ashuckel, 09 July 2020 - 02:37 PM.

#53 ArslamBR

ArslamBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

And the drop of equips in abyss lake? when will it be implemented?
@campitor, you promised this for last week.

Edited by ArslamBR, 09 July 2020 - 02:39 PM.

#54 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:41 PM

And the drop of equips in abyss lake? when will it be implemented?
@campitor, you promised this for last week.

They were. The Champion Novus should be dropping shoes and garments

#55 7262131009131459640

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:44 PM

@campitor we just need some transclasses

#56 jitterscrux

jitterscrux

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 247 posts
  • LocationPoopland
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:49 PM

Yeah some Trans would be great. XD

Pleaaaaase next week enable Trans.

I know you guys have worked very hard and I give you my upmost respect with well a few other organizations and I have to say you have done a very good job. LOL WTF anyway you guys rock :o

#57 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:49 PM

SOME TRANS!?!?! NO!!!

ALL TRANS CLASS!!!

#AllTransClassMatter

#58 ArslamBR

ArslamBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:53 PM

@campitor we just need some transclasses

Please, listen this man.

#59 RagsBruno

RagsBruno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:59 PM

All trans but Lord Knights
knights itself are already too OP

#60 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:00 PM

The need of support has been the focus of my meetings over the last couple weeks. We should be getting improved times on things later in the year. But I want to see it before I make some big fanfare post. Were not just going to wait around for that, we've been pushing hard to get updates for both server rulesets and more updates with each update cycle. 4 years ago we would have only gotten a dungeon and maybe a card set, or just the episode. Now we're able to get more content with each cycle.

I would like to believe that as a publisher we've avoided the worst excesses of most gacha rates. I know some don't agree with us but we really do want users not to be punished for spending with us.

I know and that why whatever state of iRO is, I won't quit to play a private serve. I still wanna believe you're working hard or doing your best for us. (Even though you did really screw up WoE with Gioia rolf).

I dont think WP is punishing at all or maybe because I only play iRO and RO2, only two games. I've been spending a lot and I'm satisfied with iRO experiences over all.

Good that you control the Gacha rates. I'm sure you know how disgusting the Gachas rates are on Thai RO. So compared to that server, iRO is very cheap to play. Many of them are moving to iRO too and they are very satisfied with services and supports.

Keep up good works.

#61 ArslamBR

ArslamBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:00 PM

They were. The Champion Novus should be dropping shoes and garments

There is something wrong then. I spent 3 hours with VIP and bubble gum and didn't drop anything, just 1 gaebolg.

Einbech is easier and the drop is much better ... this is definitely wrong.

Edited by ArslamBR, 09 July 2020 - 03:03 PM.

#62 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:02 PM

I think the implementation of trans classes is a lot more complicated than a lot of people realize. Decisions have to be made regarding how we are going to deal with new content - everything after what we already have (barring these two new instances) is post level 100 content. The way we deal with that, whether its expanding the trans level cap, retuning the content for a lower level, or just biting the bullet and implementing third jobs anyway is kind of an enormous decision, so it doesn't surprise me that it's taking a long time to come (especially with how Korea barely seems to be offering us any support, and how it seems basically any solution will involve waiting on them to make it for us).

That being said, future content is kind of the lynchpin holding the whole server together at this point, so while I think the instances we are getting soon ™ are a step in the right direction, I would be quite happy to hear that Trans is the next thing coming down the pipe. I feel like that update will really be what draws the most definitive border between RT and previous iterations of RO, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how it's done.

#63 Zekayn

Zekayn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:06 PM

@camp, what about the drop rate fix for Einbech mines? you can seriously kill about 20+ Frenzies there with no drops even on Gum.  What are you going to do to deal with this issue? and to compensate people like me, and others who have spent a lot of Gums, on 1%-5% drop rates for gear? Hell even Abyss lake has better drop rates then Einbech Mines.  It has gotten so bad, that people now have bots setup in the mines.  Will the bots get banned? Probably not. 

Edited by Zekayn, 09 July 2020 - 03:10 PM.

#64 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:12 PM

Should be opening any minute. windows updates took longer than expected.

#65 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:21 PM

Should be opening any minute. windows updates took longer than expected.

Any update on missing Morroc NPCs and adding Grampa Beard to shop?

#66 Psyfer

Psyfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:39 PM

Is there any chance of a new costume box soon?

#67 luxcas02

luxcas02

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:49 PM

Where's the server rate increase?

#68 RynokuX

RynokuX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:21 PM

Thank you so much for the feedback. Honestly it feels good to just get a response to everything.

#69 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:26 PM

Just need confirmation. So on RT Server we are not getting Brasilis yet are we?

#70 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:35 PM

thast a name i havent seen in  years

#71 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:41 PM

What gappened to your EAC break through
Also please introduce champion porcelio in einbech mines. Wee need more champions

#72 kagejinmage

kagejinmage

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:04 PM

Campitor, please enable the gif box, accordingly.

#73 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:57 AM

There is something wrong then. I spent 3 hours with VIP and bubble gum and didn't drop anything, just 1 gaebolg.

Einbech is easier and the drop is much better ... this is definitely wrong.

No, i always drop more shoes/garment in abyss than in Mines.

#74 Brokoly123

Brokoly123

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:06 AM

So, no one cares about bots anymore?

The entire post was about minor problems. 

#75 RynokuX

RynokuX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:11 AM

So, no one cares about bots anymore?

The entire post was about minor problems.

They just need to hire like 4 or 5 bot hunter GMs. Maybe give them the ability to do small events as well but mostly focus on clearing out bots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users