Has iRO Chaos become a single player game? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Has iRO Chaos become a single player game?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:11 AM

wSkD366.jpg

I came back after some hiatus, and it seems that this server is kind of dead or it has become a single player Pokemon game.

At peak hours on weekdays around 2500 population on both SEA time and PST peek time, there are little to no parties recruiting anymore. I've checked all the common spots from Eden and popular cities, and nope not a single party. One party recruiting in Juno and that was it. 

Peeking around,  there are few GX and archbishop soloing everything in the TI zones. Not even parties leveling like it used to be. People are doing crazy damage like 100k+ on low and mid TI. There are also leeching gears that rendered support class obsolete. Everybody is a killer now.

Leveling seems super boring now with NCT being the only option for 160+ and there's a bunch of AFK leveler in there as well. It feels like it's an MMO but without the M part, essentially a single player trading card game. 

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:19 AM

not iRO, RO in general. That's the direction the game has gone, with every class being self suficient.

#3 Budhiluki

Budhiluki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:38 AM

Note not mmorpg but offline game

#4 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:44 AM

wSkD366.jpg

I came back after some hiatus, and it seems that this server is kind of dead or it has become a single player Pokemon game.

At peak hours on weekdays around 2500 population on both SEA time and PST peek time, there are little to no parties recruiting anymore. I've checked all the common spots from Eden and popular cities, and nope not a single party. One party recruiting in Juno and that was it. 

Peeking around,  there are few GX and archbishop soloing everything in the TI zones. Not even parties leveling like it used to be. People are doing crazy damage like 100k+ on low and mid TI. There are also leeching gears that rendered support class obsolete. Everybody is a killer now.

Leveling seems super boring now with NCT being the only option for 160+ and there's a bunch of AFK leveler in there as well. It feels like it's an MMO but without the M part, essentially a single player trading card game. 

That's the direction that both KRO and JRO went....

#5 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2020 - 05:12 AM

who the heck wanna share loot lol. just play alone

#6 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 05:34 AM

But but... I just joined a full party Somatology dungeon level 4 leveling in Lighthalzen...

I think there are still party recruit and etc. just that it was instead of recruiting ingame, has changed to recruit in Discord group, it is easier and more convenience.

And, I think we are also grouped in Discord for own language speaking Discord group, like Thai, Portuguese, English, Tagalog, Mandarin and etc., as I suppose it is more friendly to be able to play with people who speak your language.

#7 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 17 July 2020 - 05:51 AM

Seldom people want party nowadays. You basically need to wait for full party only can go. Why not just create some jobs that can solo most of the content?

#8 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:04 AM

Game that can play as solo, is better than game that force you play as pt.

#9 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:30 AM

Do you wanna wait 5 -_-ing hours just to get party disband at the end ? Lol solo is better

#10 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:03 AM

not iRO, RO in general. That's the direction the game has gone, with every class being self suficient.

except jro

#11 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:05 AM

I would party more if I could, but I only play maybe an hour or two a night, and I am in the Eastern Time Zone, so less people tend to be on during that time period. Because of that, I don't run into too many people, and often the people I do see who want to speak English have their own things going on.

Over the years I've been playing on this schedule, pretty much all the parties I've been in have been one-off, spur-of-the-moment joins that happen when I'm already at a spot trying to level, and they never become recurring partnerships.

That's my experience. YMMV though.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:42 AM

except jro

just because jRO has a piece of content or two that "require" multiple people to party up and complete, it doesn't undo the fact that you can solo the remainder 99% of the game with your class of choice.

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:44 AM

Not only it has become a solo game (which is fine), but its also become a GX Online too rolf

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:46 AM

chaos has actually become a SEA server, all new Thai players all come to Chaos, not Thor. Camp should really merge two servers now lol

#15 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:54 AM

chaos has actually become a SEA server, all new Thai players all come to Chaos, not Thor. Camp should really merge two servers now lol

I agree now that everyone seems to have +16/17 so it really doesn’t matter anymore well played camp you set up the stage

#16 jitterscrux

jitterscrux

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 247 posts
  • LocationPoopland
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:05 PM

Well everyone, Happy Peaches loves you indeed. :)

#17 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:16 PM

tell me what mmo game that force you to having pt to do old content and you cant solo for some reason?

good luck on jumping to do solo wolfchev lab with starter gear or solo aogh with ti gear.

#18 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:04 PM

Thats exactly why iRO aint friendly to new players. There are no parties, so new players are forced to RMT to buy OCPs.

Hence I've been suggesting to keep Firesale on permanently. It would help new pkayers to save some money, and directly support iRO.

#19 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:29 PM

Blame them for not changing bio4 bounty level range

#20 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:17 PM

I come to iRO also because RO rates and cash shop in Asia is bad! Same cash shop items selling in Asia servers could cause more than in Chaos (I wonder why, and generally, US$ is much stronger than most Asia countries and yet manage to sell in cash shop cheaper). I suppose Thai people feels the same too!

By the way, there is one more method of playing the game in Chaos that is by not playing the game.

#21 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:44 PM

iRO is a 17 years old server while a Thai server is like 2-3 months old? Can't compare at all.

Its a gold mining time where you or anyone who has some renewal experiences from private servers or iRO itself can go there, farm instances, and make items. The earlier you make items and sell them, the more profit you can reap. So many people are trying to be stronger, so doesn't matter if Gacha rates are outrageous because you can use OP Gachas to farm rare items, make profits, then sell those Gachas later on.

The first Stormy knight was openly RMT'ed through auction for $5365 or around that on facebook. Just most recent drama is someone is selling the first Bakon tatt. for $3156.

Its about demand and supply. Though all in game item prices are bound to drop so quickly when people start to learn about the instances.

#22 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2020 - 05:18 PM

the sad truth 

#23 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:27 PM

tell me what mmo game that force you to having pt to do old content and you cant solo for some reason?

good luck on jumping to do solo wolfchev lab with starter gear or solo aogh with ti gear.

FF14??
but that's only cos they make you basically join pug parties 100% time just as part of your weeklies for your endgame content gears.

#24 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:27 AM

time to end this stupid thread, when someone still finding pt. And thread owner just ranting about solo is real thing in iRO

Trap thread just look at picture he post, there are NP> Chat that finding who want to join them.  :ok:

He even posting Guild Recruiting chat (offline vending chat)   :gg:

#25 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:00 PM

time to end this stupid thread, when someone still finding pt. And thread owner just ranting about solo is real thing in iRO

Trap thread just look at picture he post, there are NP> Chat that finding who want to join them.  :ok:

He even posting Guild Recruiting chat (offline vending chat)   :gg:

Didn’t said there’s zero party but it’s practically non existent nowadays even at peak hours. It sounds like you are new to the server, playing the solo GX, and never played this server few years ago. That’s fine but I don’t get why you are so upset and insecure that I’m pointing out the obvious.

Anyone who played this server few years ago will know that parties are kind of dead now. What makes RO special for many was the party interactions and the drama that came out of it. Some people make 15 GX account and solo farm days in and out, but that’s not my cup of tea, 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users