alchemist ranking - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

alchemist ranking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 SettlerofCatan

SettlerofCatan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:03 PM

Are there any plans on resetting the rankings? Normally they are every 3-4 months. I don't think ranks have been reset at all since the start of the server.

Any idea as to when this is happening?

#2 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:22 AM

+1

#3 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:54 AM

when hiatus

#4 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:49 AM

I remember it usually get reset around Christmas time.

#5 ArslamBR

ArslamBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:41 AM

30 of february

#6 SettlerofCatan

SettlerofCatan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:36 AM

Hey @gms

Lets reset Transcendence Alchemist list. 

Some of the guilds with ranked potters are no longer guilds. 

#7 Phantasyworld

Phantasyworld

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:12 AM

Rankings never gets reset. They still have the same person who used to bot slims as number 1 on chaos.

Wrong, resets coming every certain time at least in Chaos, i see so many times this happen, now about Ren become in Nº1 every time with high points and very fast i cant say for sure about botting but macro for sure at least the last 3 reset times i get into the game after a maintenance time only with 5-15 mins Ren already get a lot of points, but i dont mind even if is botting, dont hurt the game play right? and macro is legal (at least in Chaos, before i leave the game was already legal Macro as long as the player was "there playing") So there is no point to talk about the past or botting.

#8 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:50 AM

Wrong, resets coming every certain time at least in Chaos, i see so many times this happen, now about Ren become in Nº1 every time with high points and very fast i cant say for sure about botting but macro for sure at least the last 3 reset times i get into the game after a maintenance time only with 5-15 mins Ren already get a lot of points, but i dont mind even if is botting, dont hurt the game play right? and macro is legal (at least in Chaos, before i leave the game was already legal Macro as long as the player was "there playing") So there is no point to talk about the past or botting.

We haven’t been a guild in 5 years and still ranked. Please tell me more about how the reset is every few months.

#9 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:35 AM

Rankings should have set reset times. Every 6 months for example. Having ranking systems that never reset is incredibly bad for long-term and new players. 

#10 Ovrr

Ovrr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:12 AM

I don't see a good reason to reset /alchemist. 

This will only benefit bot users, both those who sell the items and those who stock the items. 

A few months ago the ranking was on fire. The cactus neddles cost more than Mole Whiskers and approached the WSS. And a reset will only make it worse and it will be much less attractive for some pure potter (other than botter)

Edited by Ovrr, 23 July 2020 - 11:24 AM.

#11 fmuller33

fmuller33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:44 AM

No reason for reset alchemist rank all these potters still on with their guilds

Rankings should have set reset times. Every 6 months for example. Having ranking systems that never reset is incredibly bad for long-term and new players. 

except "Bitch" and "/alchemist" who are from p2w, btw, why they stopped? Are you guys storing stuffs, Sir?

Edited by fmuller33, 23 July 2020 - 11:45 AM.

#12 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:10 PM

Rankings never gets reset. They still have the same person who used to bot slims as number 1 on chaos.

Ranking still get reset in Chaos...

Edited by DeltaRay, 23 July 2020 - 12:12 PM.

#13 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:20 PM

No reason for reset alchemist rank all these potters still on with their guilds

except "Bitch" and "/alchemist" who are from p2w, btw, why they stopped? Are you guys storing stuffs, Sir?

Because Mastelas are currently cheaper than slims. No conspiracy theories here sir. 

How is it fair if you start the server next month to get a top 10 alchemist or blacksmith? What if the server is open for 5 years? Points shouldn't accumulate forever and push away new players. 

#14 SettlerofCatan

SettlerofCatan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:26 PM

How is it fair if you start the server next month to get a top 10 alchemist or blacksmith? What if the server is open for 5 years? Points shouldn't accumulate forever and push away new players. 

This. 

This makes people competitive with potting. Some guilds would like to enter the woe scene. they would like to try and get ranked. 

Not resetting the potter makes it IMPOSSIBLE for new guilds to be competitive. 

Alchemist rankings have NEVER been reset since the start of the server. We are due for one. 

#15 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:37 PM

Because Mastelas are currently cheaper than slims. No conspiracy theories here sir. 

Honestly no one would be able to catch up if you put it that way.

Also did you happen to play Asharladon for you should run?back in Ymir

#16 ArslamBR

ArslamBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:37 PM

It would be better to reset the entire server. Wipe now.

#17 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:16 PM

Also did you happen to play Asharladon for you should run?back in Ymir

I played like 3-4 woe's at the start of ymir (I think it was say good night)

#18 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:46 PM

yes I remember you now and you are right.

#19 fmuller33

fmuller33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:58 PM

Why would a new player want to obtain an alchemist or blacksmith on rank as soon as are you saying? lol and the server is open for 6 months, buddy, calm down. Points must not accumulate when they are stuck. This is not what is happening now , all of them still growing, and who stopped, are going to lost his rank

Edited by fmuller33, 23 July 2020 - 02:01 PM.

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:28 PM

once a year is ok

#21 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:02 PM

once a year is ok

agree

#22 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:32 AM

That's the easy part. You just need a lot of time (reset coming up? clear your schedule for the entire day!) and a few macros for moving items between inventory and storage.

The hard part is maintaining the mental fortitude to endure constant abuse and false accusations by jealous haters who can't understand how anyone could be so dedicated to a game. Ultimately that's where I was lacking. And now you know why I quit.

#23 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:52 AM

That's the easy part. You just need a lot of time (reset coming up? clear your schedule for the entire day!) and a few macros for moving items between inventory and storage.

The hard part is maintaining the mental fortitude to endure constant abuse and false accusations by jealous haters who can't understand how anyone could be so dedicated to a game. Ultimately that's where I was lacking. And now you know why I quit.

You've gotta admit that you've lead yourself to those accusations like having your whole "potting team" ready which were all alts logged in the 1st few secs as the maintenance was complete then you started to pot after 30 secs. I once tried to talk to you and there was no responses from you or anything just your characters playing by it selves. So macro or not you were always suspicious.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:30 AM

Suspicious for bot responding chat to random people in an MMO when you are focused on something. So pretty much mosr players are "suspicious"

#25 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 24 July 2020 - 04:06 AM

Suspicious for bot responding chat to random people in an MMO when you are focused on something. So pretty much mosr players are "suspicious"

When he was potting with his full team of alts in the first 30 secs to 1 min as the server was going back on.

I didn't care if he didn't respond or not that was to prove a point and I still believe that you can't log a full potting team by yourself in the first few seconds that the server gets back on.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing anyone since I don't have any proofs, but I'm just saying that his setup was suspicious enough.

Edited by MegaEdge, 24 July 2020 - 05:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users