July 23rd Transcendence Maintenance - Page 2 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 23rd Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

#26 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:25 AM

Thats good, but could you guys make those exchange rates 2x? 66 for Gold bar and 100 for TB? it would be more fair, thus, GMs will need to monitor better grand peco map since its a fast way to farm Gold, and tbh there are a lot of Gold owned by bots

EDIT: And please use this npc to track down bots, no one will go there and instant trade 100++++ gold bars, it would be necessary to check where these items come from

Edited by Glonfel2, 23 July 2020 - 10:27 AM.

#27 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:27 AM

• Added Farrah NPC
    • Prices are as follows:
      • Gold: 33 Witch Starsand
      • Treasure Box: 50 Witch Starsand
      • These rates can be revisited in the future

Farrah NPC is exchanges WPS Tokens for the ability to purchase WSS and other necessary WoE Supplies. Dr. Jonesy allows you to trade Treasure boxes for 150 WSS. Which are you implementing?

Dr. Jonesy                                                                                                                            Farrah

l1nmHgW.png                                               o2FT95k.png

I don't think you are seeing the point of all of this. Its impossible to supply a guild unless you buy from MASS BOTTERS. The statement you are making is basically supporting the bots? On Chaos, Farrah has always sold WSS for 1,500 zeny and in fact there is a FREE option to where WSS does not cost anything, but the market price was never affected because you had people buying WSS to maintain rank and sell potions for PVM. Right now, you have to be a WoE guild with $$$$ to even attempt to be on the ranking list. 

Edited by Divine, 23 July 2020 - 10:31 AM.

#28 AkM002

AkM002

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:27 AM

We have no plans to sell the siege potions. Farrah is NOT supposed to replace other supply operations. But rather supplement them so its not as bad.

The inention is good, but reality hurts... should atleast be realistic on the current situation.

That not all players can have the luxury of time to farm for brewing materials... items.... do boss hunt*

WOE requires a lot of supplies be it small or large guilds...

Even if Farrah is only to supplement the supplies... just how many treasure box can a guild get from 1 agit per day (lets assume no economt)... probably around 2 to 4pcs... even if you get 1 wks worth it would not even be enough to supply more than 2 members

50 pcs for 1 TB just wont be enough even as suppliment.

Anyways Thanks for tour time Campitor. We just hope that you could reconsider the amount in exchange for TB...

Please also consider including other woe necessities as well if you do not intend to sell woe potions in the cash shop...

@_@

Edited by AkM002, 23 July 2020 - 10:33 AM.

#29 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:28 AM

Market will not be shocked based on one item.  On chaos sands are 4.5k each and treasure boxes give 150.  That ratio is even worse than what you proposed.  Chaos also has WPS tokens that allow you to buy up to 4k at a time for 1.5k each. 

#30 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:30 AM

Come on guys, please turn on Trans already.

#31 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:31 AM

Farrah NPC is exchanges WPS Tokens for the ability to purchase WSS and other necessary WoE Supplies. Dr. Jonesy allows you to trade Treasure boxes for 150 WSS. Which are you implementing?

Dr. Jonesy                                                                                                                            Farrah

l1nmHgW.png                                               o2FT95k.png

I don't think you are seeing the point of all of this. Its impossible to supply a guild unless you buy from MASS BOTTERS. The statement you are making is basically supporting the bots? On Chaos, Farrah has always sold WSS for 1,500 zeny and in fact there is a FREE option to where WSS doesnt anything, but the market price was never affected because you had people buying WSS to maintain rank and sell potions for PVM. Right now, you have to be a WoE guild with $$$$ to even attempt to be on the ranking list. 

Same NPC as Dr. Jonesy, were having internal discussions on the feedback for this NPC. Honestly were trying to balance the interests of real players on this.

#32 Slateback1

Slateback1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor/Transcendence

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:31 AM

I don't comment much in the forums, but the no update patch notes are better than this week's patch.

Edited by Slateback1, 23 July 2020 - 10:32 AM.

#33 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:35 AM

RE-ROLL is not being processed. 

When do we expect to have this done? 

My ticket is now one month old. 

Can you just tell me if you are going to RE-ROLL or not? Am I waiting for nothing? 

#34 AkM002

AkM002

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:35 AM

Same NPC as Dr. Jonesy, were having internal discussions on the feedback for this NPC. Honestly were trying to balance the interests of real players on this.

We always WOE and we are also real players. Please consider us as well.

Thank You.

#35 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:41 AM

RE-ROLL is not being processed. 

When do we expect to have this done? 

My ticket is now one month old. 

Can you just tell me if you are going to RE-ROLL or not? Am I waiting for nothing? 

Did you already PM me? They should have done it already.

Edit: found your ticket sending it up

#36 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:43 AM

We always WOE and we are also real players. Please consider us as well.

Thank You.

Player not WOE player pls. Don't put all player to doing WOE and owned WPS points  :eyes:

Edited by aTID2, 23 July 2020 - 10:44 AM.

#37 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:44 AM

Camp, can we just get a single post on when we can expect trans? Something, anything at all.  A single word

#38 doczoord

doczoord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:46 AM

Why is it 50 when it's 150 on Chaos? 

My guild has the 1st or 2nd most treasure boxes (from 16 WOE's) and this would give us about 60k starsands, that's not even enough pots for 1 WOE of 5x people. 

There are other items from the castle treasure that you can sell to complete what is missing. Farrah is not to pay 100% of your war spending, it is just to help. Large guilds make enough money to give the basic for their players (white potions and strawberries). I doubt that the 3 largest guilds do not have at least 3b in the bank. Use it. 

And we all know that there are few guilds that give potions and strawberries to their players, and when they do it is a ridiculous amount. Most no longer want Witch Starsand to make potions and give to their players, they want to sell and earn more money (3 ~ 5b is apparently not enough).

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:46 AM

Hey Folks, please don't bring WoE drama into the maintenance thread, you will merely derail any useful discussion.

Also as a note it is not productive to accuse myself of running the bot rings, if you do think I am the one doing the bot rings your best action would be to report me to other staff so that they can investigate my activities.

#40 zighue

zighue

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:47 AM

We need a PVM content, instances, we all acept instances like Sealed Baphomet or Endless Tower or orcs..

#41 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:50 AM

Hey Folks, please don't bring WoE drama into the maintenance thread, you will merely derail any useful discussion.

Also as a note it is not productive to accuse myself of running the bot rings, if you do think I am the one doing the bot rings your best action would be to report me to other staff so that they can investigate my activities.

Serious question then. Why do you care if you crash the bot farm? Everyone is telling you it’s from bots but no recognition of it. I posted buying wss on discord and got offered .04 cents per wss and they had 100k.

#42 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:52 AM

They still have an expected zeny price in the community of between 150,000-186,000 zeny. Gold similarly being expected to value at 100,000-124,000 zeny. WSS has always been unfortunately a heavily botted commodity in RO but its also always been the primary source of zeny for newish characters getting established for years as well as the demand is high. I don't care about bot's zeny earnings but I do care about people getting established. It would be completely unfair for us to pull the rug out from under normal players with a drastic market movement. 

Hey Campitor, I tend to disagree with your points here.

The game is unfriendly to newcomers because the management/economy is driving its current player base away, and the current player base is the only marketing the game still has. The moment your own players start saying the server is in bad shape or that the server is a purely WoE server (which is intrinsicaly unfriendly to newcomers), this is when newcomers can't get established in the server anymore. Newcomers can't even find parties to level up, do you think anybody is caring about not having the option to farm Bathories for WSS and compete for pennies in a market dominated by bots?

The existance of bots is exactly what makes it so the WSS farming map is unfriendly to newcomers farming it for money. Not to say that it is also quite high maintenance (you need a fairly expensive key to get there and you can't die there, which favors well geared players).

And to help combat the issue you guys are introducing a way fo acquiring the WSS using what? GOLD, which is dropped from a map which is already heavily botted. Now the botter not only will get the zeny from the drops (which is already very profitable, given the dozens of bots in the juno maps right now), but also from Gold,  which will drive the prices of WSS and will go exactly against your "caring" about newcomers farming the item to get established. It doesn't add up.

At least treasure box are a non-bottable commodity from Abyss lake/WoE, but everything else in your analysis seems wrong.

#43 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:55 AM

I would love Sealed Baphomet instance. Such a fun one.

#44 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

It would be best if an NPC was added that sells WOE materials that are 95% sold and reliant on bots.

This would create a huge zeny sink and reduce zeny going straight to botters. 

(fair price estimates)

1. Heavily botted supplies

Strawberry - 4k 

Orange - 3k 

Stem - 1.5k 

Poison Spore - 1.5k 

Immortal Heart - 2k

2. Not heavily botted, but good for zeny sink

Authoritative Badge - 10k

Panacea - 8k

Edited by AaronP2W, 23 July 2020 - 11:02 AM.

#45 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Serious question then. Why do you care if you crash the bot farm? Everyone is telling you it’s from bots but no recognition of it. I posted buying wss on discord and got offered .04 cents per wss and they had 100k.

Maybe my knowledge is a little rusty. But back when I started (for the second time) on Iris WSS and Poison spores was the way for new players to earn zeny to get established and buy potions. My worry for those players is suddenly reducing their normal earning potential to 1/6th of where it was. The concern is always to balance interests of WoE players with castles, WoE players without castles, MVP players, and normal players.

#46 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:57 AM

Thank god camp implemented a quest for an OBB, I was wondering what to do with my time.

Looks like all we need to do is have Milecia or Orion ask camp to do something and we will get somewhere.

Im still waiting on the Bio3 weapon rerolls I was promised over a month ago :)

Maybe next week we can get a quest for a non slotted pair of sandals!

#47 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:58 AM

Maybe my knowledge is a little rusty. But back when I started (for the second time) on Iris WSS and Poison spores was the way for new players to earn zeny to get established and buy potions. My worry for those players is suddenly reducing their normal earning potential to 1/6th of where it was. The concern is always to balance interests of WoE players with castles, WoE players without castles, MVP players, and normal players.

Some legit players hunt starsands but not poison spores 

#48 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:00 AM

Lots of experts discussing here. I’m enjoying this educational reading so far lol

#49 Finisterra

Finisterra

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 186 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:00 AM

Looks like the botter deleted my post  :D

#50 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:01 AM

Looks like the botter deleted my post  :D

Please don't derail the thread with wild accusations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users