Is the price of WPE a joke? - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Is the price of WPE a joke?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#101 ancap

ancap

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:56 PM

Is this thread even for real? 

It finally make some sense to make WPE pricing the same for all players regardless of which country you come from or what rate you're using. Its the most efficient way to make the game fair for everyone.

If you're gonna start complaining about your currency rate, then majority of the people will have their own story to tell. I'd say you guys(brazilian) were already lucky to have the price of WPE halfed for you for god knows how long. It isnt cheap in other countries too. ( i have nothing against the Brazilians, but youre making a huge issue because youre the last to get affected by the pricing when 99.99% of the world have been paying the full price)

Put some senses in your life guys, if WPE is expensive for you, then get your ass out there and work more and work harder and work smarter so you can afford to play the game you like the way you want it. Dont sit on your ass complaining about WPE prices when every other country has been paying the same price. 

And come on, how much WPE do you really need?

Also, when you people travel abroad to other countries with higher exchange rate, do you tell them to give u a cheaper price because your currency exchange suck? no....if you cant afford it , you dont travel. travelling is a luxury..playing RO is a luxury..is it harsh? well its just the truth.
IF WP price were to go based on regional pricing, then ALL regions should be adjusted.

This answer had some good and some bad points, bad point beign justifying brs getting a bad deal now because others in similar condition didn't get it, if campitor own official post about the regional price is to be taken as true, a good measure is to extend the regional price to other countries in the same conditions, just because you're in a bad deal you don't have to wish to drag others into what you have, like uber/taxis situation.

About the comparison on travel prices, we're talking about  the price of a digital good wich basically for practical purposes has 0 costs productions and in fact if i remember correctly WP reserves the right to own everything in your account including your itens, so it doesn't even give ownership of any digital thing except for the experience to the player, the economic laws are far different from a physical good, to produce more travels it will cost more fuel staff engineering etc

your point about if you can't afford something don't do it and go work harder/smarter etc, well it's actually right these are good advices for life not just rag, but let's be real over here, any gaming unless you're a professional gamer who earn and make a business out of it, is lost hours of profit/improving yourself/doing other things it's a reality probably everyone knows when playing even if their mind do not rly link the dots, be it a major loss of profit or a minor loss of profit(for those who can afford playing without it negatively impacting their life a lot) from the dev standpoint profit is profit and player playing even in detriment of themselves brings profit(p2w topic as game design shouldn't be discussed here), ofc the player not having this as a huge detriment means he can keep this lifestyle and continue paying so you can continue giving profits to the business

and about your point of working hard enough, if you google entry level nurse salary in us, and google developer salary in br you can get a good perspective on how discrepant is the purchasing power between the two countries, we both know the economic bracket/prestige those professions have in their own economy, and to not leave it for misunderstandings : yes google dev takes a lot more smart/hard work/years of studying, not demeriting nurses but specially on entry level we know what it takes, you can just look at what nurses have as salary here in brazil, and yet nurses get more than double the salary in the us than google devs in br, pretty close to triple and that comparison was made before covid crisis it's probably much more worse now

Edited by ancap, 24 July 2020 - 11:03 PM.

#102 3286200509210010290

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:51 PM

This answer had some good and some bad points, bad point beign justifying brs getting a bad deal now because others in similar condition didn't get it, if campitor own official post about the regional price is to be taken as true, a good measure is to extend the regional price to other countries in the same conditions, just because you're in a bad deal you don't have to wish to drag others into what you have, like uber/taxis situation.

About the comparison on travel prices, we're talking about  the price of a digital good wich basically for practical purposes has 0 costs productions and in fact if i remember correctly WP reserves the right to own everything in your account including your itens, so it doesn't even give ownership of any digital thing except for the experience to the player, the economic laws are far different from a physical good, to produce more travels it will cost more fuel staff engineering etc

your point about if you can't afford something don't do it and go work harder/smarter etc, well it's actually right these are good advices for life not just rag, but let's be real over here, any gaming unless you're a professional gamer who earn and make a business out of it, is lost hours of profit/improving yourself/doing other things it's a reality probably everyone knows when playing even if their mind do not rly link the dots, be it a major loss of profit or a minor loss of profit(for those who can afford playing without it negatively impacting their life a lot) from the dev standpoint profit is profit and player playing even in detriment of themselves brings profit(p2w topic as game design shouldn't be discussed here), ofc the player not having this as a huge detriment means he can keep this lifestyle and continue paying so you can continue giving profits to the business

and about your point of working hard enough, if you google entry level nurse salary in us, and google developer salary in br you can get a good perspective on how discrepant is the purchasing power between the two countries, we both know the economic bracket/prestige those professions have in their own economy, and to not leave it for misunderstandings : yes google dev takes a lot more smart/hard work/years of studying, not demeriting nurses but specially on entry level we know what it takes, you can just look at what nurses have as salary here in brazil, and yet nurses get more than double the salary in the us than google devs in br, pretty close to triple and that comparison was made before covid crisis it's probably much more worse now

Yes, what you're saying makes sense as well however I don't mean that because the other people aren't getting as good of a deal as the Brazilians. I just meant to say, if everyone were to have their own justification on why WPE should be lower in their country, then there would be no end to it. Job profession has to do with demand and supply in their country, no occupation/profession has the same pay through out every countries. For example, in my country the average cost we pay a plumber/electrician per house visit is around USD20-50 depending on what the issue is (something minor). During my time in Australia, the same issue would have cost me USD 150 +-. Thats because labor job in Australia is expensive and its cheap in my country. Playing the game doesn't mean a loss in profit or whatsoever/ granted it gives you happiness or makes you less stress whatever someones reason is to playing this game. Everyone is entitled to do what they want during their time. Heck you can play this game 24 hours a day no one is stopping them. But don't be giving your own personal reasons about why WPE should be cheaper in your ,said country. If one person starts to do this, what's stopping others to follow? Covid 19 has hit the world economy entirely. No one is spared from the pandemic. Everyone is suffering. Now, let me ask you this, why should the Brazilians (in this case) be subject to cheaper WPE when there are many other countries who are suffering just as bad ? Should every country be charged WPE based on their countries economy? 

All im merely stating is that, if every individual starts to justify why their country should be charged at a cheaper WPE rate, then there will be no end to this. If you start looking into everyones personal opinion and daily life style and what they do for work/ how much they earn per hour. Then you might as well go further and say WPE should be cheaper for those who are earning less wages / per hour compared to others and we can all submit our taxes / pay slip to WPE for them to quote us a cheaper rate? It shouldn't only extend to the BRs anymore cause then the entire world population should be entitled. I'm just trying to look at this at the most fair perspective for ALL PLAYERS regardless which country you come from or how much you earn. 

Again, I do not mean to offend anyone in this thread. Its just my personal opinion and I could be very wrong. Sorry in advance if i offended anyone.

#103 badmiroko

badmiroko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 12:11 AM

yeh lol i saw i got scared lol if you going to pay vip, for a month, with money  its will cost R$ 75,00 lolololol we are -_-

#104 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:16 AM

I've been told gifting have been limited but it was a daily limit. But then it was bypass by making a lot of accounts.

Spoiler

I've also been told they have been blocked from making new accounts. But then there's also a way to bypass this so....

Once a month sounds good.. they need way more accounts to actually do it on a large scale now. If you need to gift more using the 'discounted' WPE, you need to write in to WP. xD

If that the case then make Brazil region lock for wpe gift code.

#105 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 25 July 2020 - 04:15 AM

Someone is about to get the savage attack ... lucky him, he used his alt to post lol

you're too fast, I just saw it  :ani_shy:

Edited by aTID2, 25 July 2020 - 04:15 AM.

#106 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 25 July 2020 - 04:20 AM

If that the case then make Brazil region lock for wpe gift code.

You blocked Gifting, now we can buy OCP and open for one whos buy us cheaper WPE  :hmm:  (All account bonds? Now WP just making more burden for who's paying them so that impossible :gg: )  They can even buying WPE for us by making fake accounts for WPE only. More and more abuse popup.

Gift isn't problem really, It just easier too abuse. So there must be other way to change this or Let its be.

#107 nost99

nost99

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 04:54 AM

I've been paying fully 100 usd since beginning to play iro with their OCP.if u still want to play pay it.if not just play foe free

#108 zighue

zighue

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:39 AM

I think that many are not understanding sales tactics well. The regional price as it is known, has on several platforms that sell in more than one country / continent. Steam, a great gaming platform, has regional prices, Twitch prime has regional prices (Brazil = R$10 Reais = $2,00 Dolar , US $ 8.99 Dolar = R$ 45 Reais).

The problem here is much deeper. Those who know the least about the discords and trade groups, remember that they had a Great WP distribution scheme, several who bought WP from that citizen or from their suppliers had their KPs lost. Many remember that this same citizen bought upped accounts and with more than 1 week of use, arriving at a time when most of the known upservices were working for the man. I think this had to do with the release of the account for the purchase of the WP which would later be resold in the form of giftcode.

My personal opinion is that they are punishing the entire dominant community, for the mistake of a few (including the mistake of those who are buying WP outside the original system). And in that sense of zero updates, bots infesting and destroying the server's economy by buying all the OCAs and distributing zeny from the bots to the entire community, causing absurd inflation. All of this combined with the constant lag in the woe. It seems to me that they are really trying to remove the Brazilians from the server

---------------------------

Acho que muitos não estão entendendo bem as táticas de venda. O preço regional como é conhecido, tem em várias plataformas que vendem em mais e um Pais / Continente. A Steam mesmo, grande plataforma de jogos tem preços regionais, a Twitch prime tem preços regionais(Brasil = R$10,00 Reais = $2,00 Dolar , eua = 
$8.99 Dolar = R$ 45 Reais). 

O problema aqui é bem mais fundo.
Quem mas o menos conhece dos discords e grups de comercio, lembra que teve um Grande esquema de distribuição de WP, vários que compraram WP desse cidadão ou de seus fornecedores tiveram seus KPs perdidos. Muitos lembram que esse mesmo cidadão comprava contas upadas e com mais de 1 semana de uso, chegando em um momento que a maioria dos 
upservice conhecidos estavam trabalhando para o homem. Acho que isso tinha a ver com a liberação da conta para a compra dos WP que depois seriam revendidos em forma de giftcode.

Minha opinião pessoal, é que estão punindo toda a comunidade dominante, pelo erro de uns poucos.(inclusive o erro de quem está comprando os WP fora do sistema original). E nesse sentido de atualizações nulas, bots infestando e destruindo a economia do server comprando todas as OCAs e distribuindo zeny dos bots para toda a comunidade, fazendo uma inflação absurda. Tudo isso juntando com o lag constante na woe. Me parece que realmente estão querendo afastar os brasileiros do servidor

Edited by zighue, 25 July 2020 - 06:56 AM.

#109 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:49 AM

dudes you guys know there's such thing called google translate right.. you might wanna tone down your language or speak privately. 

#110 frankvanmayer

frankvanmayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 July 2020 - 09:43 AM

Capitalism, profits, margins, and YOY growth. God bless America.

#111 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 July 2020 - 10:33 AM

My personal opinion is that they are punishing the entire dominant community, for the mistake of a few (including the mistake of those who are buying WP outside)

Then you mean ban 99% of population

#112 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:52 AM

And what benefit do you get from ruining something that was a nice practice for other people?

#113 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 25 July 2020 - 12:14 PM

I just went on Amazon to buy some PC parts for an upgrade, but for some weird reason I have to pay way more than someone from the US would have to, considering the minimum wage of my country. This is unfair, can people please help me boycott Amazon because I should not have to work more hours for the same thing. I will make a gofundme if anybody is interested, thanks.

#114 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 02:14 PM

For those saying that doubling the price is a fair measure, here goes 2 concepts to clear your mind:

- Equity: Treating people differently according to their differences, to make them equal. (this is basically what happens when you give a child taller chair so that he can sit at the same height as you, an adult)

- Equality: Treatin people exactly the same way.

Regional prices exist to attend the first concept, as a way to give all players the same (or close to the same) opportunity ingame (even tho it isnt really that way, its close enough). Doubling WPE prices will not make people equals, it will only increase the difference between players from different countries.

Also, for those making xenophobic comments, the server is called IRO (if you dont know what that means, it is INTERNATIONAL ragnarok online, not NORTH AMERICAN ragnarok online or whatever). Yes, we do have a Brazilian server, but I bet you would not be able to stand a day playing on it (even if you could speak our language). 

Moreover, there are toxic players in EVERY country, no exception. We brazilians can be as toxic as anyone else, however, we are known to be a nice and welcoming people, so yeah, don't even try to say we are all toxic players.

By the way, I've seen americans be a LOT more toxic than anyone is, with their superiority complex, so stop being xenophobic. Also, I'm pretty sure that Thai, Pinoy and Brazilians are the biggest player base on this server, so if we all quit, this server wont last a month.

#115 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 02:14 PM

Edited by Griffin2, 25 July 2020 - 02:14 PM.

#116 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:25 PM

Nah ... everyone is welcome here its just ... Thai players are probably the biggest spenders. Otherwise, Gravity itself would nt come open a new Thai RO ... then ... give us -_- rates ie. $200 - $300 and no rare items, all for buff scrolls lmfao

#117 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:31 PM

Hey Folks I went through and removed a lot of RMT discussion. The problem with discussing that topic is it turns into accusations against people, and people from some regions due to gross generalizations. Plus since names were displayed it was kind of turning into a soft but unintentional advertisement for certain facebook/discord accounts. I will be gathering the general feedback on the price changes on monday and forwarding them to the teams responsible. I will also be including the handful of PMs that were sent to me as well as the hidden posts.

I may have missed some posts that need to be filtered. If I did please report them and I will swing through tonight again and take care of them. I hope you can have a good weekend.

#118 sexygamer1311

sexygamer1311

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:02 AM

Hey Folks I went through and removed a lot of RMT discussion. The problem with discussing that topic is it turns into accusations against people, and people from some regions due to gross generalizations. Plus since names were displayed it was kind of turning into a soft but unintentional advertisement for certain facebook/discord accounts. I will be gathering the general feedback on the price changes on monday and forwarding them to the teams responsible. I will also be including the handful of PMs that were sent to me as well as the hidden posts.

I may have missed some posts that need to be filtered. If I did please report them and I will swing through tonight again and take care of them. I hope you can have a good weekend.

Camp!
Time to ramp up Vmod rewards and positions. We clearly need some now!

#119 ugotit

ugotit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:33 AM

Don't fall for the fake outrage. People have been shuffling wpe/zeny and rmting the zeny for a profit using cheaper exchange rates whenever they're available for years. If you can't account bound everything bought on an account for a discounted region its healthier for the game and economy to normalize prices throughout every region.

Edited by ugotit, 26 July 2020 - 10:33 AM.

#120 LeoDiCaprio

LeoDiCaprio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:28 AM

This post is absurdly stupid in every shape or form.

Let's start with people mad about something that has nothing to do with them. If Warp Portal want's regional prices that's because WP thinks they will sell more and have a larger customer poll than if they sold it for the "standard" price.

Moving on to people with inferiority complex begging Warp Portal to change prices for their region and making sure everyone is sorry for them. That's not how it works, you are only making yourself look stupid.

But some people actually had really good points, ancap, ChakriGuard and yamasakai90 to name a few. 

Now making an actual contribution to the thread, just let it be. The in game market will adjust to whatever happens after this decision and we can always buy Kafra items with zenny. We'll just have to wait and see how bad this decision will hit
Warp Portal, if its of their best interest (I am sure it is) they will re-adjust their prices accordingly, they might in fact add other countries to this special prices group.

I am glad Campitor is taking notes, hopefully they will revert this situation for brazilians and add SEA to the group. This event might actually turnout really really well for everyone!

Edited by LeoDiCaprio, 26 July 2020 - 11:28 AM.

#121 daileon2

daileon2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 06:17 PM

@Campitor, would be interesting to have an official position if people outside US/NA are welcome to the server, so this kind of argument is finally put to rest.

#122 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 26 July 2020 - 07:00 PM

The greed of people are to blame, who doesn't want a good deal?

But what the current reality is what it is. We can give feedback but pointlessly complaining about differences between other peoples rates without knowing how their daily lives are.

I have always done my best to sell at low affordable prices even though I was paying a lot for the WPE conversion, and because of that I don't really feel much obligated to feel any form of discourse from this thread. Save up and then by WPE is all I can say, I'm not saying don't buy and boycott iRO, but if the reality is what it is, just save up a bit then buy WPE, think of it like back when you were a kid and saving the pocket money to buy the latest toy. Its easier to digest that way.

#123 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:00 PM

I wonder, why wasn't this brought up when other payments were brought up to standard. But it's only brought up when the final payment gateway was also brought up to be on par with everyone.

Clearly you could see a foreshadowing weeks back right?

Back in 2016,the biggest ranter were those heavily affected by this. I.e the resellers cause it hurt their 'rice bowl'.

You guys made it so big, that other small to medium time Brazilians player have to suffer for it.

Yes you can argue that the buyers are at fault here. I do agree, there won't be supply without demand, but working the same way there also won't be demand if something not supplied.

Honestly I'm not gaining anything from replying here since it's an exclusive problem. All I'm doing is explaining what happen, why it happen and what can you do if you want your 'privileged'rates back.

Yelling it's unfair ain't gonna solve a problem. Life's unfair. Be a problem solver instead of just pointing to people and say they messed it up, they should solve it.

This is their solution, by raising it on par with everyone else.

So good luck with doing your own suggestions.

Edited by yamasakai90, 26 July 2020 - 08:06 PM.

#124 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:18 PM

Justice happened in WoE and it will happen in here. I trust you Camp.

#125 Vikkao

Vikkao

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:56 PM

You know what, I'm just gonna stop being nice and all that on forums and call out the pink elephant in the room here.............

You are probably the biggest instigator of this whole exploitation fiasco, and now you are creating a thread all about how you lost your "privilege" because you took the goodness of Warpportal giving you a cheaper and fairer price for granted, and continued to act like you are the biggest king in this game of monopoly and attrition.

You can take yourself out of this server for all I care, Mr "King of 30% of the server".

I'm sorry but you're really pointing your finger to a legit player who is not p2w and shouldn need to say he does not took any part on those wpe reselling. Jully is my guildleader and started around the same as i, i choose to spend money on wpe and just dip the tip of my toe in whaling, while he did not. He, as a normal player, felt the prejudice of sudden change in pricing and thus decided to take a step on it, so now this topic exist and have some visibility.

So yeah, trying to demoralise someone pointing fingers at him without proof should not be taken lightly. ty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users