Is the price of WPE a joke? - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Is the price of WPE a joke?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#126 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:08 PM

This is a free two play game. Its not p2w at all. Why do you need to spend any money is beyond me.

#127 Vikkao

Vikkao

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:16 PM

People can choose whichever works for then, i don't like to grind much, so i pay when i can. Still its more about having cute things than anything. My KP usually goes over to Dye Clothings, vip, ocps and maybe the 2nd costume in the future.
Aside that, RO is a game where you can generate income based on what you already have (be it gears, or zeny for any investment), so paying easily break the first wall on the grind, can helps you to generate more zeny and faster. Its tje game model.

#128 Savio619

Savio619

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGoa India
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:25 AM

Well I'm no Brazilian, however this is going to be hitting the entire server economically. The price on KP items and boxes will increase, the inflow of items in game will reduce. A non paying player or a free loader(like some call it) will be going to hit much hard. I'm come back to play the game due to pandemic, I make like 400-500 m each week with different instances spend like 200-400 m each week as well on trying to upgrade or hoard BB's for a personal goal I have. Now the economy in the server will definitely go for a toss. 

This will greatly influence the new non paying players and also push back the existing non paying players. 

ET drops are broken... No fix over there.

Jitterbug instance not working... No fix over there

Illusion equipment not working as intended... No fix there

Now break a friendly economy... 

#129 ClubAscension

ClubAscension

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:43 AM

Is it safe to mention that items in general have been “cheap” due to zeny deflation and the Brazilian WPE abuse fiasco? If that is really the case, it would make sense items should be more expensive? But then people won’t be able to afford to buy it?

I’ve always purchased $100 WPE when there is a bonus, so it is very shocking to read about the misuse that has been going on. How long has this been going on? There will definitely be some kind of impact for Chaos server economy.

However I do agree that the WPE should go back to normal for Brazil, as long as the WPE gifting option is capped once monthly or blocked entirely.

#130 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:03 AM

Is it safe to mention that items in general have been “cheap” due to zeny deflation and the Brazilian WPE abuse fiasco? If that is really the case, it would make sense items should be more expensive? But then people won’t be able to afford to buy it?

I’ve always purchased $100 WPE when there is a bonus, so it is very shocking to read about the misuse that has been going on. How long has this been going on? There will definitely be some kind of impact for Chaos server economy.

However I do agree that the WPE should go back to normal for Brazil, as long as the WPE gifting option is capped once monthly or blocked entirely.

The main culprit that made OCPs or cash items in general so cheap is that almost everyone exploits thus WPE system.

For how long this has been going? I came to realize it in 2016, but pretty sure its gone back wag longer than this. Though you aint the only one who pay $100 for 10k. I also do just to support the game, so they can open a new server and give less than 100% attention to Chaos rolf

#131 Pyroclastic

Pyroclastic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:18 AM

The main culprit that made OCPs or cash items in general so cheap is that almost everyone exploits thus WPE system.

For how long this has been going? I came to realize it in 2016, but pretty sure its gone back wag longer than this. Though you aint the only one who pay $100 for 10k. I also do just to support the game, so they can open a new server and give less than 100% attention to Chaos rolf

I don't think it's just because of that. Things are cheaper because most of the ocp demand is on new players that don't have that much of zeny. Players that hoard zeny already have all the ocp they need, so they won't be buying stuff they already have lol

#132 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:05 PM

I don't think it's just because of that. Things are cheaper because most of the ocp demand is on new players that don't have that much of zeny. Players that hoard zeny already have all the ocp they need, so they won't be buying stuff they already have lol

That too like I said on the other thread. OCPs are flooding the market and it's not because people dont have zeny to buy, so prices are cheap. I was checking the board for couple items and there are baselines where people buy up the item. Sera for example, last item I check, doesnt go below 850m now as that is the point where someone or some people buy up to hoard. There were couple Sera ie. 5 Sera = 4.25b. These same people must also do the same to other items, which means, their zeny asset must be very big :P

So ... until Camp brings new items ... who knows what happens next haha

Edited by ChakriGuard, 27 July 2020 - 02:08 PM.

#133 Batima

Batima

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:11 PM

Oh wow.

There's so much things to be fixed, why u need to just increase prices (that was reported later everything).

I'm brazilian and I don't pay anything more in iRO because of the management of this server who hears a bit of "rich players" that complain everytimes about stupid things. I already put so many cash, nowdays it's ridiculous for me, this wont affect me anyways, but sad for who wants "upgrade" the gameplay.

Oh, the next "update" is, unboost meteor assault from Enforcer shoes or something like this, because of some "wants".

Thanks for ignore all broken things staff.

#134 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:52 PM

Maybe the solution is to have a different currency for bRO altogether.  bWPE. 

1. Non probability items are priced according to their local currency.

2. Probability based items like OCP gotcha will have adjusted rate with rarer S class drop to compensate cheaper WPEs. This is to keep OCP items price fair for everyone.

3. Refining ore boxes are not trade able if buy from bKP point converted from bWPE. 

4. bWPE cannot be gifted to non bRO accounts. 

#135 ancap

ancap

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:58 PM

Well I'm no Brazilian, however this is going to be hitting the entire server economically. The price on KP items and boxes will increase, the inflow of items in game will reduce. A non paying player or a free loader(like some call it) will be going to hit much hard. I'm come back to play the game due to pandemic, I make like 400-500 m each week with different instances spend like 200-400 m each week as well on trying to upgrade or hoard BB's for a personal goal I have. Now the economy in the server will definitely go for a toss. 

This will greatly influence the new non paying players and also push back the existing non paying players. 

ET drops are broken... No fix over there.

Jitterbug instance not working... No fix over there

Illusion equipment not working as intended... No fix there

Now break a friendly economy... 

Hello Savio wich instances you do for farming?

#136 Harukashuji

Harukashuji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:trascendence

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:52 AM

hahaha I am Mexican and I never spend a game, all my equipment, cards and the rest I have achieved through effort: D, I know that nobody cares just wanted to say it XD

#137 Julyjulin

Julyjulin

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:46 AM

First of all, it is necessary to respect others and avoid disrespectful comments about countries other than yours, for example, not calling them poor.

Second, many are losing perspective on the topic's real intent. It is not being discussed here who has money or not to buy WPE, but the REAL VALUE OF WPE is being discussed. For example, imagine that a liter of milk in your city costs 50 US dollars overnight. This does not mean that you don't have the money to buy a liter of milk, but rather that the real value of the milk is absurdly distorted.

Again, I ask you, please, to put aside prejudices, especially xenophobia. It is also worth remembering that it is the WP's total right to modify the value of its products and to abolish a policy that was adhered to years ago, yet it is expected that, when doing so, players were communicated in advance, as is usual.

#138 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

Value is subjective, and as such should not be treated as something you should demand to be changed because it does not fit your personal expectations, specially when it comes to pixels in a videogame, otherwise anybody could come and say "the value of WPE is too low compared to what I spend on it so they should change it to fit MY needs". Also, making analogies to get your point across is pretty -snip- to say the least, because it has no correlation to what is happening here.

As I see it there are 2 outcomes

1.- A ton of people stop buying WPE and gravity takes a big hit, which makes them reconsider their change after some time has passed (taking into account quarterly revenue)
2.-Whales keep being whales and there is no dip in revenue, giving them 0 reason to revert the change.

A small handfull of people crying about it is not gonna change the situation, gravity is not a charity, they are not your friends, if they made the change it was for a reason, and they probably realized that they were losing a ton of money from the people abusing the system, so instead of crying to the company you should make it so the resellers stop causing you trouble in the first place.

Edited by CMAstra, 29 July 2020 - 02:22 PM.

#139 Julyjulin

Julyjulin

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

Value is subjective, and as such should not be treated as something you should demand to be changed because it does not fit your personal expectations, specially when it comes to pixels in a videogame, otherwise anybody could come and say "the value of WPE is too low compared to what I spend on it so they should change it to fit MY needs". Also, making analogies to get your point across is pretty retarded to say the least, because it has no correlation to what is happening here.

As I see it there are 2 outcomes

1.- A ton of people stop buying WPE and gravity takes a big hit, which makes them reconsider their change after some time has passed (taking into account quarterly revenue)
2.-Whales keep being whales and there is no dip in revenue, giving them 0 reason to revert the change.

A small handfull of people crying about it is not gonna change the situation, gravity is not a charity, they are not your friends, if they made the change it was for a reason, and they probably realized that they were losing a ton of money from the people abusing the system, so instead of crying to the company you should make it so the resellers stop causing you trouble in the first place.

I respect your thought that taking a position on something is irrelevant, although I disagree with it, so much so that Campitor spoke. Again, what is expected is an advertisement by the company that sells its product, which was not done. That, in itself, would be valid for the whole topic. In addition, I would like you to moderate the tone when discussing with others, after all, respect must be paramount.

Edited by Julyjulin, 28 July 2020 - 12:33 PM.

#140 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:55 PM

Campitor has absolutetly 0 saying on what happens with the issue, and him chiming in to calm people down won't change a thing (other than, duh, calming people down). The most he can do is tell the higherups at the company "hey, some people are complaining about X thing, ok bye", because this is 100% a financial decision and the people involved with it couldn't really care less about complaints if they don't show up as red numbers at the end of a certain amount of time.

Also, of course it's valid to talk about the issue, you're entitled to make 100 threads circlejerking about how bad it is to be from X country and/or not being able to afford a certain luxury (because that's what it is, a luxury, not something like milk in your [redacted] analogy), all things considered. I just think it's silly that people actually think that this is one of those things you can complain about until they change. Put up with it or leave.

#141 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 03:20 PM

I wonder if you would be okay to pay $5 for 1k WPE as a Brazilian and SEA folks got a special quote to pay only $2.5 for 1k WPE.

I think you would also complain and ask for an equal quote, while the SEA folks would ask for a continuous better and more special treatment. Oh -_-, which side should WP choose now? Whatever side WP chose, it's fuxked.

#142 JBrowney

JBrowney

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 03:49 PM

I wonder if you would be okay to pay $5 for 1k WPE as a Brazilian and SEA folks got a special quote to pay only $2.5 for 1k WPE.

Well, I don't think they choose one country instead of another for the regional price policy, you know for sure that they can only use this politics for one country? If yes, can you please show us where it is written? Cause the camp post says the opposite, so I don't see where this discussion can lead to, it seems that this statement is only intended to disrupt the discussion of the topic

https://forums.warpp...cing-explained/

#143 Pyroclastic

Pyroclastic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:00 PM

It's not my "fault" if I didn't complain, because I woulnd't complain about something like that in the first place. Why would anybody with more than half a working brain complain to a company on the basis that the country you come from has a currency with trash value in the rest of the world, only a toddler would make such an argument, and companies don't listen to toddlers. "Please mister gravity, charge me less than everybody else in the world and make less money so I can purchase these non-essential products on a videogame".

Pay up or get out.

I think it's more like people want to make the company aware that they're not willing to buy their product at these prices

#144 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:06 PM

Well, I don't think they choose one country instead of another for the regional price policy, you know for sure that they can only use this politics for one country? If yes, can you please show us where it is written? Cause the camp post says the opposite, so I don't see where this discussion can lead to, it seems that this statement is only intended to disrupt the discussion of the topic

https://forums.warpp...cing-explained/

The point is rather straightforward though.

If you dont like that everyone should be paying around $10/k, then maybe you would step ahead and be in a group of people who have to pay more, that is $5/k for you and I should be apyi g $2.5/k. Why should you be the one to get a privilege to pay less but not me? Hmm ...

So if you aitn willing to pay more cus you think its unfair, then I think its fair that everyone should be paying the same/similar for 1k WPE.

Don't think the point is hard to grasp.

#145 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:18 PM

I think it's more like people want to make the company aware that they're not willing to buy their product at these prices

People here are gonna complain but still buy 10K WPE per month, effectively making any thread useless. If you're not willing to buy the product then don't buy it and move your money elsewhere, only then will they actually do something. Also, do people really believe that they didn't take into account a possible backlash from the community when they reverted the special treatment towards 1 country? Like, do you think they will see this thread and say "oh wow they don't like that we're charging them more now for the same service? damn how could we have not thought of that!". 

Edited by monicako669, 28 July 2020 - 04:19 PM.

#146 Pyroclastic

Pyroclastic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:40 PM

People here are gonna complain but still buy 10K WPE per month, effectively making any thread useless. If you're not willing to buy the product then don't buy it and move your money elsewhere, only then will they actually do something. Also, do people really believe that they didn't take into account a possible backlash from the community when they reverted the special treatment towards 1 country? Like, do you think they will see this thread and say "oh wow they don't like that we're charging them more now for the same service? damn how could we have not thought of that!". 

I think the company is more than interested in knowing their costumers feedback after making a decision that affects them. They haven't made it public the reasons behind the changes, so any assumption on what they took into account is just speculation.

In any case, I think all the arguments have already been presented, so there's no need to keep flaming this thread

#147 Julyjulin

Julyjulin

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:40 PM

The point is rather straightforward though.

If you dont like that everyone should be paying around $10/k, then maybe you would step ahead and be in a group of people who have to pay more, that is $5/k for you and I should be apyi g $2.5/k. Why should you be the one to get a privilege to pay less but not me? Hmm ...

So if you aitn willing to pay more cus you think its unfair, then I think its fair that everyone should be paying the same/similar for 1k WPE.

Don't think the point is hard to grasp.

Well, that's not the issue, once the WPE value vary from country to another, reason why they have the regional price policy, to keep the WPE with same value for different countries. It would be much more wise and empathic to suggest give SEA regional prices instead of say "take away the POLICY (not privilege) for one contry and giv it to another.

#148 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:12 PM

wait I can get 10k WPE for less then 100 dollars? how?

#149 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:43 PM

Yo Brazilian players, if you truly wish for regional pricing to be re-implemented, please stop talking on the fairness aspect.

If you recall the initial reasoning to implement regional pricing, it is ultimately still a business decision that is meant to capture whatever little revenue possible from say Brazil rather than being totally unaffordable and getting zero. Money is the ultimate decision maker here, fairness is only mentioned to keep people from other region from raging (since they did not get the better treatment) but hardly a part of the business equation. WP is a for profit company based in US, not a government agency from BR. 

Obviously, speculations are that regional pricing failed because of the many reasons everyone's already discussed in this thread. It has become a money loser rather than allowing incremental money to flow in (however little that may be). Discussions early on solutions were good (like limited gift cards), please do not spiral back down into the fairness garbage that has no value-add.

In fact, continuously touching on the subject of fairness is only going to exacerbate tension between you and players from other countries. Least you forget, there are also a plenty of players here with far worse financial status and they did not get special pricing. EG: The estimated GDP per capita of Philippines-arguably among the largest group of players, is less than 1/3 of brazil in 2020. Any discussion on fairness would only make them angrier at you and they have all reasons to be so.

You need to focus your agenda on the correct audience if you want to stand a chance. That audience is obviously WP, and while individuals inside the company may sympathize with you if you're a poor-ass player, their business decision will still always be based on profits only.  Otherwise, even if Camp sympathizes with you and re-implements regional pricing, do you even know what's going to happen next? The SEA players will be next to boycott WP for preferential treatment towards BR unless they also get regional pricing. WP is not going to go down that rabbit-hole.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 28 July 2020 - 06:50 PM.

#150 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:44 PM

SEA folks ... dont get a special quote, which is fine, because we've probably have been abusing WPE anyway via buying from the Brazilians lol

Though the point is, being born/working in a developing country doesnt mean one can automatically afford $10/k, and same to the opposite, that is, being born/working from an underdeveloped country doesnt mean one can NOT automatically afford $10/k.

I dont know about Brazil but since i was born in Thailand, I have friends who are now running the family business companies. They're easily making $20k a month profit. Yet, assuming that the regional pricing also applied to Thailand because Thailand is a developing country (the daily minimum wage is $10.5 ie.8 working hours for $10.5), then ... imagine the rich Thai players who make $20k a month and pay only $5/k. Look back at me who work in Canada and have only $2.8k/month left after paying all bills and all mortgages, $10/k ... is just way too much to ask for ... lol

I am being punished and discriminated just because I live in Canada T_T

Edited by ChakriGuard, 28 July 2020 - 07:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users