July 30th Transcendence Maintenance - Page 4 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 30th Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#76 WallacePinho

WallacePinho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:34 PM

Studio reports that they are working on a fix for both the broken garment costumes and the blacksmith item option display.

Is this real life?

#77 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:40 PM

What’s broken on garment costumes?

Very nice and simple patch

#78 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:01 PM

Server is opening. DBA is informing me that we will need to do extra DB maintenance next week.

What’s broken on garment costumes?

Very nice and simple patch

kRO changed the way they handled their sprites. So the new ones don't work until we get a fix.

#79 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:03 PM

And about /alchemist and /blacksmith they will be reset when trans go on ?

The general rule of thumb is Alchemist list resets at the 1st year and then every 6 months afterwards. Blacksmith once a year.

#80 NashHen

NashHen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:03 PM

How about the garment rerolls with wrong resist options? Campitor, you told us to send ticket numbers to you but now I got a response from a GM that rerolls are only happening with shoes, which as far as I know NEVER had any wrong options with them. Is this for real? Are GMs that detached from the game? What am I missing here?

#81 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:04 PM

I went through and was able to find all the Morroc npcs for the quest so it appears the issue is fixed.

How about the garment rerolls with wrong resist options? Campitor, you told us to send ticket numbers to you but now I got a response from a GM that rerolls are only happening with shoes, which as far as I know NEVER had any wrong options with them. Is this for real? Are GMs that detached from the game? What am I missing here?

The shoes were the ones with the wrong options. Some of them dropped with the garment options.

The discussion of the shoes dropping wrongly for a few hours was here: https://forums.warpp...ance/?p=2977104

#82 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:08 PM

So what should we expect now from the tickets that is over a month old? Regarding Re-Roll?

#83 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:10 PM

So what should we expect now from the tickets that is over a month old? Regarding Re-Roll?

Honestly if you were writing in about Garments and the GMs didn't clarify and the ticket wasn't processed you deserve something just for that frustration. If you wrote in about shoes it should be getting handled. But I haven't had confirmation its taken care of yet.

#84 DropHue

DropHue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:49 PM

thanks for the hard work, warp portal, i love you

:D  :lol:  B)  :wub:  :)

#85 NashHen

NashHen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:54 PM

Campitor, any chance to look at the weird/bugged Noxious respawns in Einbroch? The card is very important and heavily used but there is like just 3 of them on a measly single map! Several servers and databases indicate many more options to hunt them on several maps.

And thanks for the dates and clarification on the rerolls!

#86 lothillorien

lothillorien

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:@diariodeumup
  • Server:RT

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:05 PM

Can someone please tell about the instances at the server/sakray?

I'm reading about Old GH/Orc dungeon, but it's all this for the RT?

#87 Straws

Straws

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:56 PM

Is it just me or do the servers feel extra sluggish everywhere?

#88 comicToma

comicToma

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:58 PM

The general rule of thumb is Alchemist list resets at the 1st year and then every 6 months afterwards. Blacksmith once a year.

is there a list of rules talking about classification redefines?
  I invested a lot of money in my blacksmith to get out of rank and everyone knows that. If I had known that there would be some kind of reset or that risk I would never have invested

#89 gamol123

gamol123

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:40 AM

cany anyone help me cant run the full installer any suggestions? 

#90 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:06 AM

Honestly if you were writing in about Garments and the GMs didn't clarify and the ticket wasn't processed you deserve something just for that frustration. If you wrote in about shoes it should be getting handled. But I haven't had confirmation its taken care of yet.

Yes, the ticket is just there open until now, no update for the last 2 weeks. 

#91 bersinzon

bersinzon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:19 AM

If the EAC really works, that's fine. The problem is that the server has lost players and without bots there will be fewer SP items on the market. I just think that all Champions Monsters should drop Strawberry, Honey and Royal Jelly with a high success rate.

They can restore the drop of blue herb from goats as well. It should be 10% (when u add Premium is 15% drop chance) but atm it seems to be about 1%. With that many of the SP supply problem will be gone, in about 1h farming in goats you should be able to drop up to 200 blue herbs.

http://db.irowiki.or.../item-info/510/

#92 NashHen

NashHen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:38 AM

Why is that the case? This feels like a private server. Never heard of such resets in officials and it should not happen imo. Plus blacksmiths didn't even have the chance to fully use the rank that much since we CAN'T SEE the damn options.

Edited by NashHen, 31 July 2020 - 05:46 AM.

#93 Gunako

Gunako

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:01 AM

September is the date that we confirmed with the studio for trans classes. Unfortunately we cannot change this.

I will sleep until September 16th.
It's very sad to this response...
I pray that RT continues after I wake up.

#94 oshirijp

oshirijp

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:23 AM

I once wrote that GM for this server is stupid.
Actually it was more than that.
Only BOT will discourage a large number of players and remain on the server.

#95 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:09 AM

Why is that the case? This feels like a private server. Never heard of such resets in officials and it should not happen imo. Plus blacksmiths didn't even have the chance to fully use the rank that much since we CAN'T SEE the damn options.

Alchemist rank resets have existed on Warp Portal servers for years now. A quick forum search shows Alchemist resets as far back as 2014. The reason is to make it fair for new players/guilds to have a chance at being ranked. Otherwise, it would be next to impossible for catch up to people who have years worth of rank points. The other reason is if a ranked alchemist quits the game, they don't waste one of the 10 ranked spots just because they have years worth of rank points and would probably take a year to get knocked off the list (specially if the person who quit was rank 1).

When resetting ranks was introduced, most players were okay with it. The assumption is rankers can sell their ranked stuff and buy enough mats to prepare for when ranks reset, and still come out with a profit. For guilds, the time between when ranks reset and when the next WoE starts was always a fierce competition to see who gets the coveted 10 alchemist spots for WoE.

As for Blacksmith rank resets, I don't know when that started. However, I do recall Classic had Blacksmith rank resets back in 2016. People never really paid much attention to Blacksmith rank resets because before we had weapon options, no one cared about forged weapons, much less ranked forged weapons. They were a novelty and nothing more before.

#96 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:12 AM

There is no valid argument to support not resetting Alchemist, Blacksmith, TKM ranks every X period of time. Having no resets ever is not balanced for a long-term server.

#97 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:16 AM

where is the poll campitor?

#98 NashHen

NashHen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:23 AM

Alchemist rank resets have existed on Warp Portal servers for years now. A quick forum search shows Alchemist resets as far back as 2014. The reason is to make it fair for new players/guilds to have a chance at being ranked. Otherwise, it would be next to impossible for catch up to people who have years worth of rank points. The other reason is if a ranked alchemist quits the game, they don't waste one of the 10 ranked spots just because they have years worth of rank points and would probably take a year to get knocked off the list (specially if the person who quit was rank 1).

When resetting ranks was introduced, most players were okay with it. The assumption is rankers can sell their ranked stuff and buy enough mats to prepare for when ranks reset, and still come out with a profit. For guilds, the time between when ranks reset and when the next WoE starts was always a fierce competition to see who gets the coveted 10 alchemist spots for WoE.

As for Blacksmith rank resets, I don't know when that started. However, I do recall Classic had Blacksmith rank resets back in 2016. People never really paid much attention to Blacksmith rank resets because before we had weapon options, no one cared about forged weapons, much less ranked forged weapons. They were a novelty and nothing more before.

Gotcha. All points make sense, except for ranked blacksmiths where I still see 2 problems:

- lots of money spent for little benefit since they wont release the damn option display fix

- can't even prepare for the next rank reset ingame since the only feasible way to get points is by spending irl money  (HD ores can't be traded)

Maybe tweaking how points are awarded and/or giving a bigger heads up for the resets could make BS resets a bit less harsh.

Edited by NashHen, 31 July 2020 - 10:39 AM.

#99 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:23 AM

Gotcha. All points make sense, except for ranked blacksmiths where I still see 2 problems:

- lots of money spent for little benefit since they wont release the damn option display fix

- can't even prepare for the next rank reset ingame since the only feasible way to get points is by spending irl money  (HD ores can't be traded)

Maybe tweaking how points are awarded and/or giving a bigger heads up for the resets could make BS resets a bit less harsh.

RT launched in January. Were about 5-6 months away from the first reset.

#100 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:46 AM

They can restore the drop of blue herb from goats as well. It should be 10% (when u add Premium is 15% drop chance) but atm it seems to be about 1%. With that many of the SP supply problem will be gone, in about 1h farming in goats you should be able to drop up to 200 blue herbs.

http://db.irowiki.or.../item-info/510/

I don't remember any official notes about the change in the chances of drop Blue Herb, but it is noticeable that the chances are different from other servers. @Campitor, can you answer if this is on purpose?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users