Client keeps closing - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Client keeps closing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rodi23

rodi23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires - Argentina
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:03 PM

Hey,

This is something that's been happening to me from months ago. Basically, client keeps closing without any kind of error message been displayed, sometimes it works for an hour without any kind of issues, sometimes I experience 10 shut downs in 5 minutes.

First I thought that it was something related to the Bootcamp partition on my Mac, but now this is also happening on my PC. Tried uninstalling Discord, unmarking overlay on Discord, EAC ".exe" excecution... I'm lost.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Drupische

Drupische

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 August 2020 - 02:44 PM

What are the specs of your Mac, and what version of Windows are you using? It can help us determine the problem more accurately. This seems like a graphics card problem, but I need more info on your basic hard/software to be sure.

#3 rodi23

rodi23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 03:43 PM

What are the specs of your Mac, and what version of Windows are you using? It can help us determine the problem more accurately. This seems like a graphics card problem, but I need more info on your basic hard/software to be sure.

The Mac is a Macbook Pro 2016, Windows 10 Pro running on Bootcamp. But this is something happening also with my PC, which is also running Windows 10 Pro (GPU RTX 2060).

Edited by rodi23, 18 August 2020 - 03:43 PM.

#4 Drupische

Drupische

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:47 PM

Try these: find the oldest driver for your Macbook and PC's GPU. If the oldest driver doesn't fix the problem, the card might be too new, and seeing that your PC is using an RX 2060, it likely is. As for your Macbook- I'm not sure if your model uses Intel integrated graphics or an AMD GPU, but within Windows 10 via Bootcamp, try to find the Windows drivers for them if you can, starting with the oldest version. If the drivers do work, then keep going up the versions until you find the last one that works.

Let me know how it works out.

Edited by Drupische, 18 August 2020 - 11:48 PM.

#5 rodi23

rodi23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 02:58 PM

Try these: find the oldest driver for your Macbook and PC's GPU. If the oldest driver doesn't fix the problem, the card might be too new, and seeing that your PC is using an RX 2060, it likely is. As for your Macbook- I'm not sure if your model uses Intel integrated graphics or an AMD GPU, but within Windows 10 via Bootcamp, try to find the Windows drivers for them if you can, starting with the oldest version. If the drivers do work, then keep going up the versions until you find the last one that works.

Let me know how it works out.

That worked, thank you very mucho!

#6 Drupische

Drupische

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:16 PM

Glad to hear!

0 user(s) are reading this topic