[RT] Trans and Monster Level Scaling for Experience - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[RT] Trans and Monster Level Scaling for Experience

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

With trans scheduled to arrive at RT in a few weeks, I wanted to see if one significant problem could be addressed before the patch drops. We've recently got added a lot of new dungeons, such as Abyss Lake, Bio Labs, Odin Temple, Thor's Dungeon, Rachel Sanctuary and many more. However, there lies one problem here. A lot of the monsters are extremely high level to the point that you get reduced EXP from hunting them.

As Campitor posted here we will not be getting the 120 base level update and will be stopping at 99. This means that almost every new dungeon has monsters from which you can only gain reduced EXP from as you only gain 40% EXP from monsters that are too high compared to you.

Examples

Thor's Dungeon has Kasas which should be providing 3639 base EXP, but due to being level 135, they will only provide 1455 EXP.

Odin's Temple has Skeggiolds which should be providing 3609 base EXP, but due to being level 131, they will only provide 1443 EXP.

Compare the above to an Anolian which will be providing 1887 base EXP (but being much easier to hunt).

For the trans update, it would be nice to level in the new dungeons that just got released, versus going back to the same zones that we leveled at when in pre-trans. The new dungeons are significantly harder and should provide a different leveling experience for when we level as trans classes. I have a few solutions to this problem because I didn't want to make the post without providing some solutions, but I hope this problem is addressed.

Solutions

1. Extend the level bracket of gaining full EXP from a monster from 30 to 50. It is already "custom" in the sense renewal's level bracket is 15, but on this server it is 30. Extending the bracket to 50 will mean even monsters at level 135 would be providing full EXP to characters of level 85.

2. Cap monster EXP penalties at level 110. What I mean is, if a monster has a level of above 110, it is treated as level 110 for the purposes of EXP penalties. This would mean you still need to hit a minimum of level 80 before you can go into these dungeons, but once you do, a wide variety of leveling spots open up.

3. Cap monster level at a specific value. This would have balance implications and would change the power of some monsters, but simply making monsters cap out at a certain level (say 110) would mean the EXP penalties are no longer an issue.

Drama is not welcome here. Please address this problem before we go into the trans update, or people are simply going to be forced to level in the same zones that they leveled in the first time around. It would be a breath of fresh air to level in the new dungeons that just got released, or all this content is simply going to waste.

Edited by Hrishi, 02 September 2020 - 02:08 PM.

#2 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:10 PM

I don't see why RT has any sort of exp level difference penalty anyway. In other words, from someone that has never touched RT, remove the penalty entirely because that was a big irritation for players when Renewal hit. 

#3 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:11 PM

+1

I would like to experience the new content more instead of the same monsters we had on server launch.

#4 ARTEMI5

ARTEMI5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:22 PM

+1

Solution 1 looks nice

Edited by ARTEMI5, 02 September 2020 - 02:23 PM.

#5 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:26 PM

Option 1 is the easiest solution to implement. Changing monster levels would change their hit/flee for example. (or remove exp penalties completely)

Edited by AaronP2W, 02 September 2020 - 02:57 PM.

#6 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:33 PM

Lets be honest, i think that the EXP Penalty should only be applied for Lower Lv Monsters, getting low EXP from Higher level monsters doesnt have any sense

#7 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:33 PM

I would choose to remove level penalty. If that server does not go beyond 99/70 it does not make sense to continue with this penalty

#8 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:35 PM

4. actually make chars lvl 120 lol

#9 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:37 PM

I would choose to remove level penalty. If that server does not go beyond 99/70 it does not make sense to continue with this penalty

I would be happy with this as well, it is a more extreme solution than the ones I proposed. However, if it is on the table I am all for it.

4. actually make chars lvl 120 lol

This would of course work, but as I posted a link, Campitor mentioned that the studio has said that we will not go to 120 and will stay at 99. So I was proposing things that might work within that framework. However, once again, if level 120 is on the table I'm all for it.

Edited by Hrishi, 02 September 2020 - 02:42 PM.

#10 rafews

rafews

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:47 PM

It's kinda ridiculous to kill the end game monsters and get less xp than Magma Dungeon 2.

+1

#11 RagsBruno

RagsBruno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:58 PM

Because of the level difference that I suggested these Enchantment

https://forums.warpp...shield-or-hats/

#12 Amnesiac13

Amnesiac13

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 03:13 PM

+1

#13 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 03:38 PM

We just need the level cap unlock like 3rd jobs have. Everything is designed for a much higher level cap than we are playing with. In addition Astra has already said that 3rd jobs are coming to RT during her Crazy Uproar live steams on twitch.

#14 ultrahiangle12

ultrahiangle12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 03:45 PM

+1 a lot of monsters cannot be used to level at all in the current state, or not until 90+ at the best.

#15 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:13 PM

In addition Astra has already said that 3rd jobs are coming to RT during her Crazy Uproar live steams on twitch.

YIKES! Server will die if 3rd classes get released. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 02 September 2020 - 04:13 PM.

#16 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:40 PM

YIKES! Server will die if 3rd classes get released. 

It was stated from the very beginning that RT would eventually get 3rd classes.... 

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:46 PM

Or 4th choice ... bring in 3rd classes asap? 

#18 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:05 PM

It was stated from the very beginning that RT would eventually get 3rd classes.... 

Where was this stated?

Edited by AaronP2W, 02 September 2020 - 05:06 PM.

#19 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:43 PM

Where was this stated?

Camp and Astra said it multiple times, on streams and on forum posts. Go do the leg work and find it.

#20 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:54 PM

Trans will get 99 base max which makes sense. Then if yall get 3rd jobs, it will be 120 max.

#21 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:34 PM

>We are receiving the same updates as renewal server
>Trans class will be 99/70
>server losing players everyday
Yes its all coming together
Poring will merge with Chaos confirmed

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

changing the monster level minimally impacts their other stats, only flee and hit take a slight dip ( 1 per 1 level)

#23 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:00 PM

changing the monster level minimally impacts their other stats, only flee and hit take a slight dip ( 1 per 1 level)

I agree the change is rather minimal, and I would prefer this solution as it also handles the problem of high level monsters ignoring your stats when it comes to applying status ailments. But I'm okay with any of the 3 proposed changes.

#24 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:31 AM

That's true. It doesn't make much sense for some monsters to stun you while you have 100+ vit and the only counter is orc hero card. 

The concept of level difference effecting status only works if the maximum level is high enough to counter being under leveled. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 03 September 2020 - 05:32 AM.

#25 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:20 AM

>We are receiving the same updates as renewal server
>Trans class will be 99/70
>server losing players everyday
Yes its all coming together
Poring will merge with Chaos confirmed

They copy/paste patch notes but we don't get everything Renewal does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users