RT Future Update Feedback Station - Page 4 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RT Future Update Feedback Station

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
273 replies to this topic

Poll: RT View of third classes (260 member(s) have cast votes)

I view third classes as being a ______ influence to the RT server.

1. Positive (44 votes [16.92%])

Percentage of vote: 16.92%

2. Neutral (15 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

3. Negative (201 votes [77.31%])

Percentage of vote: 77.31%

Vote

#76 iWumbo

iWumbo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:43 PM

I will just quit until next class restart server. Third classes have problems.

#77 GrimWise

GrimWise

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:53 PM

As everyone saying the best future for the server is to implement lv 120/7.

Why?
Its simple, with this gab of +20 base level is enough for every build to increase your weeks or increase more the power. And doesnt need a 3rd to lot of differents build work well.

#78 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:54 PM

The best update this server could have is extending the level cap to 120 in around 4 months or so. So we have another flood of leveling towards the end of this year in the christmas/new year break. Also in the meantime getting nameless island released would be good too (it only needs a quest to be enabled).

#79 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

They saw that it costs X to keep up RT, but the revenue that RT was generating is less than X. 

Lol the server definitely generates way more money than it costs to run. It does not cost much to run a server with 1-2k characters online. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 17 September 2020 - 01:58 PM.

#80 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

+1 to 3rds!!!

More time to go play PoE because who in the hell would want to actually play 3rds other than Chakri and a few random pvmers?

Just end the suffering please. Let’s release it tomorrow in true “Studio” fashion.

The fact that “The studio” has the balls to think 3rd classes is the way to go means this server isn’t worth playing. But hey, it’s not a 1 to 1 copy.

WP ROX

Edited by Suraborn, 17 September 2020 - 01:56 PM.

#81 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

@Campitor

Do not follow what studio wants. I've been playing iRO for over a decade and I've witnessed A LOT of players quit when WP/kRO released 3rd classes on iRO back in 2010. The reason people came back to play this server because there's no 3rd classes and this server is close to ro zero. I will definitely quit this server and a lot of my friends/guildies will do the same if WP implement 3rd classes over here.

#82 SonicR

SonicR

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:58 PM

You guys are misunderstanding what Camp is saying...The studio is tired of working on custom stuff for this server (though nothing is too custom about it aside that it's in between a Renewal and Ragnarok Zero server). It's not making them enough money to justify keeping it different. They want to get this server in line with Renewal to reduce server cost and development cost. 

In other words they spending too much money/effort to maintain RT and want to reduce that.

#83 leokojiro

leokojiro

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:59 PM

I believe that we can be a server without third classes and continue with updates and events.

#84 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:00 PM

SuraBoi aint wrong. The true study fashion knows its best.

The sooner they release 3rd classes, the better it is for WoE "theoretically speaking" though but it doesn't mean its the best thing to do. The point is, I'm sure its already been decided that 3rd classes will come to Poring. A better question is, how to gently and gradually introduce players to true Renewal contents without shocking them instantly.

Poring has always been a Renewal server in the first place. 3rd class introduction has always been in the plan from the very beginning.

Worse to come? Poring merge to Chaos and kRO can finally just focus in one server ie new Kachue keys and such.

#85 HendzT

HendzT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:01 PM

You guys are misunderstanding what Camp is saying...The studio is tired of working on custom stuff for this server (though nothing is too custom about it aside that it's in between a Renewal and Ragnarok Zero server). It's not making them enough money to justify keeping it different. They want to get this server in line with Renewal to reduce server cost and development cost. 

In other words they spending too much money/effort to maintain RT and want to reduce that.

where are you getting this from?

#86 GrimWise

GrimWise

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:05 PM

BUT if you want to increase the content on the server bring the 3rd content but not the 3rd it seft. The instances like OGH to increase ours adventure into partys again because nowdays everyone can solo almost everywhere. We are need some team play content, I real content that needs a full party or at least a half party. It will be awesome for everyone. The only modifier needed is the flee/hit rate i think.

#87 SonicR

SonicR

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:06 PM

Lol the server definitely generates way more money than it costs to run. It does not cost much to run a server with 1-2k characters online. 

The cost of JUST running the server is cheap, but thats not the only cost.

The cost of people to maintain the game is the concern. Developers are not cheap (nor are they plentiful since they are not cheap) and if the studio has to take developers off one project it is costing them in another. For example a few months ago when there was a content drought on our side/things were delayed it was because the team was focused on pushing big updates for the actual Ragnarok Zero server. RT is a lower priority because it does not make enough money, if they were making money they would be throwing developers at it to keep the player base, but as we have all seen the last few months not a lot is done.

#88 Loguin

Loguin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:07 PM

The sooner they release 3rd classes, the better it is for WoE "theoretically speaking" though but it doesn't mean its the best thing to do. The point is, I'm sure its already been decided that 3rd classes will come to Poring. A better question is, how to gently and gradually introduce players to true Renewal contents without shocking them instantly.

This is exactly what we're being told. If people want to make suggestions, they should do it, instead of just crying no don't bring them. They will be coming. Now's the time to make some suggestions, hope kRO thinks they're a great idea, and prepare yourself. 

#89 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:09 PM

This is exactly what we're being told. If people want to make suggestions, they should do it, instead of just crying no don't bring them. They will be coming. Now's the time to make some suggestions, hope kRO thinks they're a great idea, and prepare yourself.

Lol yeah prepare ourselves for a new game to play.

#90 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:10 PM

The cost of JUST running the server is cheap, but thats not the only cost.

The cost of people to maintain the game is the concern. Developers are not cheap 

You're talking out your ass. The server doesn't even require any development, all it needs it previously existing content to be added to the game over time. 

What are they custom developing for RT? Does it cost a lot to add a few maps and NPC's every 1-2 months? 

#91 1761872280633260

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:11 PM

3rd classe? No, ty!
Me and my crew are more then satisfied having little and slowly updates, just as u can, instead of having 3rd added gere.

#92 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:21 PM

Can we have people who do not play on RT stop posting in this thread please? This doesn't concern them.

#93 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:22 PM

You are one of the smart beans. Congrats.

Many people may quit but kRO probably doesn't care. Poring only sells VIP and Costumes anyways. So I doubt if we have got a lot of room to even suggest things to kRO. After all, Poring is almost a power creeps free server.

3rd class WoE on Poring will be so fun. Just make sure to not have any refinement events and OCPs. Then we are good to go. Might as well disable MvPs in WoE if people really want fun, and more balanced WoE

#94 ultrahiangle12

ultrahiangle12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:25 PM

I cannot speak for everybody but I'm personally interested in playing on this server because of the lack of 3rd jobs. The studio is wrong. If they do get implemented you will see an exodus of players.

3rd classes turn the game on it's head. I like the class design of trans-classes (and pre-trans classes) and dislike the homogenization that 3rd classes brought to the game. RO is not like other MMORPGs on the market, but 3rd jobs tried to make it so. But a lot of us play RO BECAUSE it's unique and not like other MMORPGs.

Please do not ever implement 3rd classes on this server.

this.

if you guys want to add third class here, feel free to open another pre trans, pre third job, non-renewal, or new ro-zero style server.

Edited by ultrahiangle12, 17 September 2020 - 02:27 PM.

#95 SonicR

SonicR

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:27 PM

You're talking out your ass. The server doesn't even require any development, all it needs it previously existing content to be added to the game over time. 

What are they custom developing for RT? Does it cost a lot to add a few maps and NPC's every 1-2 months? 

I wish I was talking out of my ass. I wish they did the smarter thing with this server and just released what they had developed previously (Ragnarok Zero), but as you can see it is taking them a long time to push out content that has been previously developed.

The original thinking for this server was to make this server an improvement on Ragnarok Zero so it looks like they took that base and modified it some...well doing that can potentially make development more time consuming as well as create new bugs that were not there in previous versions.

Since I don't have access to the code I'm not sure what custom thing they have developed for RT, but if they had not modified it much they would not need to take so much time to push out content that was already released (many times). In reality if they were just releasing content that was already developed (and not modified) there should have easily been a steady stream of content and a clear direction of where the server was going.

#96 coldwater1

coldwater1

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:28 PM

No 3rd classes please.

#97 ultrahiangle12

ultrahiangle12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:31 PM

I will just quit until next class restart server. Third classes have problems.

this is the sentiment of a large portion of RO players who like the game for what is should be (and was), and not what it has become.

#98 Loguin

Loguin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:37 PM

You are one of the smart beans. Congrats.

Many people may quit but kRO probably doesn't care. Poring only sells VIP and Costumes anyways. So I doubt if we have got a lot of room to even suggest things to kRO. After all, Poring is almost a power creeps free server.

3rd class WoE on Poring will be so fun. Just make sure to not have any refinement events and OCPs. Then we are good to go. Might as well disable MvPs in WoE if people really want fun, and more balanced WoE

I tend to be fairly level headed most of the time about this... because I've been playing since the game has launched. Change always comes. We like it sometimes, we don't others. There will always be players who ragequit no matter what they do. The best option is to find some middle ground, which I suggested in an earlier post as to what I think it would be.

I agree, no OCP and no over the top refines.. and with a balance patch? It could be fun. I've got my own theories about how/what is going to happen as Poring continues forward. I've got a good idea of what may be ahead, but I'm not going to waste time or flame fires by going into it. I'm all for the game growing so long as it's not pushed forward too quickly.

#99 teaplease

teaplease

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:40 PM

Please do not add 3rd jobs. I've purposely avoided it for years simply because I don't enjoy any aspect of it, main reason definitely being the ridiculous one-tap skills that require no brain. As many others have said before me, I'd be on Chaos if I wanted to play them, and adding them would kill all interest I have of spending any more of my time here.

Edited by teaplease, 17 September 2020 - 03:43 PM.

#100 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:40 PM

I tend to be fairly level headed most of the time about this... because I've been playing since the game has launched. 

Me too. The only issue with 3rd classes is the skills that 3rd classes bring to the game  :mellow:

Edited by AaronP2W, 17 September 2020 - 02:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users