September 3rd Renewal Maintenance - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 3rd Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#76 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2390 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:12 PM

yah i was wondering the same.

#77 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:13 PM

I agree in almost every part except the new players part. Most of my friends meet many new players monthly, mostly found in Payon, Eden kitchen, and Geffen (mostly Eden). And it seems most of the new players didn't even know what is Gramps and Low, Mid, or Hi TI, some even didn't know about Bounty Boards too, hence they are empty. Most of them went to Magma Dungeon for leveling. I think there should be either advertise Gramps more in-game (in announcement perhaps?) or simply remove Gramps altogether...

They won't play for long, most of them won't.
They will leave when their equipment get stucked since there's little that they can do about it. 
Nobody wants to plays MMORPG that there isnt "growth"
it's simply too difficult gearing up in Thor server.
Say you want to play a wizard today, it's probably half a month worth of effort trying to gather the gears you want.
that's what it's like in Thor

Merge Thor and chaos. U know in thor they are hoarding items, and u cant buy cheap in players. :'( why you dont listen to players, GM's? :( Im not threatening, but if it goes like this in thor, I would quit here. And all I spent doesnt matter, just to show you guys your mindset of not merging this none sense server is a mess.
You cant find sellers, vendors, buyers. oh my frickin God.

U always care of WOE? WOE whose players cant play everyday, who just play at WOE time?

To show you guys this os your mess, I would love to ask my friends to leave your server. Its not worth playing anymore or spending anymore.

If we would start a new character in chaos? No. We'd like to try SEA server.

Sorry that you play Thor.
you should have chosen the right server.

Alot of us are hoarding in Thor. Because there is no reason to sell.
if i sell it today. and i need it sometime later, i'll spent a week time trying to find seller at the right price.
so rather. we dont. sell our items.
the cause? it's just lack of players.
even vendings, hardly anything sells. it's a waste of electricity to vend in thor

#78 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:23 PM

Merge Thor and chaos. U know in thor they are hoarding items, and u cant buy cheap in players. :'( why you dont listen to players, GM's? :( Im not threatening, but if it goes like this in thor, I would quit here. And all I spent doesnt matter, just to show you guys your mindset of not merging this none sense server is a mess.
You cant find sellers, vendors, buyers. oh my frickin God.

U always care of WOE? WOE whose players cant play everyday, who just play at WOE time?

To show you guys this os your mess, I would love to ask my friends to leave your server. Its not worth playing anymore or spending anymore.

If we would start a new character in chaos? No. We'd like to try SEA server.

It aint that GMs or Camp aint listening but you see that there are always 2 sides. One wants the merge, the other doesnt want the merge. Just do what you think is best for you and it is in your power. Use all resources you have in your hand to make the best decision. If they decide to merge, some Chaos folks might quit but if they dont merge, some Thor folks will quit.

I for one have always wanted Thor to Merge into Chaos to revitalize WoE and keep iRO going. Updates can only do much as you see, we got 17.1 and people still dont really log in to do or come back to Chaos to do PvM lol

And starting over in Chaos is a no no unless you are a whale. You dont wanna compete with folks who have 30+ alts to do instances.

For Thai players who recently joined Chaos is easy because Chaos is still a very cheap server compared to their local Thai RO server  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 03 September 2020 - 04:28 PM.

#79 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:25 PM

Server is up apparently

#80 Violentohulk

Violentohulk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationValparaiso Chile
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:29 PM

are Dream and Shadows cards already implemented?

#81 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:41 PM

Yeah the quest dialogue can get really annoying (especially with Rage) '=_=

I don't have lots of alts to redo and recheck the main quest though, so vids like yours help us write the guide

Thanks. :thx:

And yeah, dialogues are too long. Although it's fun to read them but only for story enthusiasts like me. :heh: 

They will leave when their equipment get stucked since there's little that they can do about it. 
Say you want to play a wizard today, it's probably half a month worth of effort trying to gather the gears you want.

if i sell it today. and i need it sometime later, i'll spent a week time trying to find seller at the right price.
even vendings, hardly anything sells. it's a waste of electricity to vend in thor

They did stay though, most of them, but only the new players... But mostly thanks to some veterans helped level with them like buffs (bless, agi, etc), items, and quests. One of the new players I encountered is also having difficulty gearing up (now level 120+) but still didn't stop him form quitting. What I mean is they would still play but once they reached max level, they only did WoE, however, due to, like you said, lack of players. I still didn't encounter a new player me and anyone I know who quit that joined since server reopening...

TL;DR: It's the opposite, new players still play but veterans now quit (or hiatus) instead. Not the other way around... 

#82 CGeass

CGeass

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:20 PM

Wth is going on with High TI, I haven’t bothered doing it in weeks. Everything either has 3 or more cells of range, or just hits like a truck. But this week takes the cake, only neutral element works? Like wtf? Can the GMs make sure the TI’s aren’t a total waste of time and resources? I prefer grinding Scarabs and NCT then wasting 30 mins doing high TI. Especially when you can’t get ranked slims anymore.

Edited by CGeass, 03 September 2020 - 05:22 PM.

#83 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:51 PM

For September, are we getting Kachua or OCP?

If we are going to get Kachua again, can we have revised rate and prizes to be included in the treasure box to reduce numbers of "junk"/"trash"?

Thank you!

#84 1104094507

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:59 PM

a lot of people here are doesn't know how fak up we are in the new kachua system.

we don't actually buy the key from cash shop.

we are buying the shtty boxes and kachua keys are just freebies inside them.

WP could fakup with the gacha rates since kachua keys are freebies and you can't complain about the gacha rates since its just a freebies from the -_-ty boxes. 

unlike the old OCP at Ascension System, we are buying the boxes to get the item.

but now? ask your self what you buying from the cash shop. 

Edited by 1104094507, 03 September 2020 - 06:01 PM.

#85 vitharol

vitharol

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:43 PM

wow infinity Drink not stackable at Kafra Stacker are we gonna get heard about our concerns?

#86 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:01 PM

one of the main reasons i left thor.

i need something so i tried buying, but no one really sells it.

i even tried trading but no luck.

maybe i'm just unfortunate.

but still, its hard to gear up in thor because there's barely anyone selling items.

and even if they are selling, the price is just too -_- up. can't blame them tho.

i'm just waiting for that time when i will be able to move my items from thor to chaos.

i have spent quite a lot of wpe in thor (at least on my standards), so i at least wanted to utilise those :heh:

Edited by pao0, 03 September 2020 - 09:02 PM.

#87 MiroSorce

MiroSorce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationBots/Dupers Die
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Bots/Dupers Die

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:30 PM

Dreams and Shadow  Issues
Don't Drooping: Black Jitterbug Tooth
Weapons Master: There is no way to Enchant weapons 
because he is not there
I did 2 Run droped only 5 Tooth of Jitterbug
1 Gigantic Bow [1]

Edited by MiroSorce, 03 September 2020 - 09:34 PM.

#88 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:57 PM

No enchant on Shadow dream, Can't say it really fix the bug.

I wonder is this really update mode? so many bug is on live server

#89 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 04 September 2020 - 03:35 AM

The most interesting about RO are :

1. Leveling with others

(Implement/Hire a staff helping those who are new player who need to be help in leveling at Low/Mid/High TI)

OR

(Implement player who wants to help for them and get reward such as coins/etc)

2. Hunting

(Implement every week 1 special map for player to having fun with others)

Ex : Spawn a MVP that can only hit by hand and get reward after killing it such as coins/etc. With this we all can be bound together!

RO concept should be bound together and not solo. Make an idea out of the box to make us want to stay in this server or special about this server.

I disagree with this. Most nights when I get on to play I don't have a lot of time to devote to the game before I have to go to bed so I can get up for work in the morning. During nights like that, I prefer to play alone and do my own thing without having to worry about partying and finishing whatever quest/instance the party wants to do before I have to log off. On nights when I have more time (like on the weekends), doing things with a party is totally fine because I can devote more time to working with others.

There needs to be balance - ways that people can play and level all by themselves, and ways to do it with a party. One style of play won't work for everyone all the time.

#90 yozakura

yozakura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 05 September 2020 - 07:07 AM

For JRO, Star Emperor and Soul Reaper will be added on September 29th JST.
On the other hand, for iRO, I think it was supposed to be at the end of 2020, but will this be done as declared?

#91 arrowspear

arrowspear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 05 September 2020 - 04:06 PM

I agree in almost every part except the new players part. Most of my friends meet many new players monthly, mostly found in Payon, Eden kitchen, and Geffen (mostly Eden). And it seems most of the new players didn't even know what is Gramps and Low, Mid, or Hi TI, some even didn't know about Bounty Boards too, hence they are empty. Most of them went to Magma Dungeon for leveling. I think there should be either advertise Gramps more in-game (in announcement perhaps?) or simply remove Gramps altogether...

And yes, most players prefer WoE over anything, which is the only advantage Thor has over Chaos. Also the events from CMs are mostly active in the mornings (in Asia time), which most users are not online. The GMs could have been doing event around 6-9am PDT (9pm-12mn in Asia), which most users are online in Thor to make the server somehow alive outside WoE times. As for the 17.1, I'm 1 of those 10-20 players that did the quest, and also 4 of my friends, with one of them having 50+ alts :heh: . I even made and shared the video on playthrough of the main quest (since iROWiki's guide is yet to be completed and WP's guide is somewhat vague) but most people replied to me (in-game) that they're lazy and the quest is too long and tiring, which hurts me inside.

P.S.: Quoted the entire post for the GMs and CMs to be aware of this situation.

P.S. 2: Why do I got a feeling that Thor would be migrated to ROMSP, thaiRO, idRO, other official Asian servers, or all of these instead...

P.S. 3: Also no for "start over at Chaos", if anyone's asking. :heh:

Is there any good guide available for ep 17.1? I want to start farming in Thor server. 

I don't think warpportal care for low population server, so long those few people are spending money in this game.

#92 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:00 PM

Is there any good guide available for ep 17.1?

Still being written on irowiki but I can send you a rough draft of the guide in .txt file. You can also check Jeeneus' vid of the full quest on his youtube.

The guide on renewal.playragnarok can help you get started too

#93 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 07:03 PM

Dream and Shadow instance still not dropping Jitterbug Cards

#94 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members