Newbie Questions - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie Questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfos

Wolfos

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:28 AM

Hello, I'm returning to RO after many years and everything is new again! Lost and hoping someone can help (iRO Chaos)

- I'm in a party with exp Even Share, but when we both hit the monster we get a lot less exp. We get a more exp if only one of us hits the monster. Is there a better way for party setup or is it just best to solo in a party?

- I'm leveling an assassin and couldn't find any leveling stat recommendations for assassin (mostly GX or classic guides), looking for help with stat allocation and newbie leveling builds. How much str/agi/vit/dex should I take if not going crit?

- What's the best class to farm or items/places to farm for a new player to get some zeny?

Thanks! :)

#2 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:00 AM

- I'm in a party with exp Even Share, but when we both hit the monster we get a lot less exp. We get a more exp if only one of us hits the monster. Is there a better way for party setup or is it just best to solo in a party?

it doesnt work that way, someone else must have it the monster before you and your party touch it.
Even share should divide the experience accordingly be it you hit or not in the party.

- I'm leveling an assassin and couldn't find any leveling stat recommendations for assassin (mostly GX or classic guides), looking for help with stat allocation and newbie leveling builds. How much str/agi/vit/dex should I take if not going crit?

AGI flee is alway good to invest in to dodge attack and save on potion. however it means that you're opting in for a slow pace playstyle.

Rather. i recommend you getting elemental crimson weapons, using venom splasher to level.

#3 Wolfos

Wolfos

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for the assassin tips!

it doesnt work that way, someone else must have it the monster before you and your party touch it.
Even share should divide the experience accordingly be it you hit or not in the party.

This one's weird, but no one else hit the monster before.  We tested and for example (Even Share for party of 2):

We both get ~1300 exp if only one of us hits the monster

We both get ~500 exp if we both hit the monster

On the same screen, same base level, not sure why that happens but it's been like that always for different maps (disbanded and created parties multiple times to make sure) :huh: 

#4 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 September 2020 - 04:20 AM

Well, the exp should be divided evenly among you two in the pt. If you could get the exact xp numbers, that would help compute/verify that.
https://irowiki.org/...xperience_Setup

Or, it might just be just weird rounding of the numbers

---
EDIT: Wait nevermind all that.

Answer these few questions:
  • Did you both hit it at the same time?
  • Do you and your friend deal roughly the same amount of damage to the monster?
  • Lastly, Did the monster give 2 sets of exp after being defeated?

Edited by ninJedi, 20 September 2020 - 04:24 AM.

#5 Wolfos

Wolfos

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 11:36 AM

Lastly, Did the monster give 2 sets of exp after being defeated?

You solved the mystery! Neither of us noticed until around level 90 lol, thanks

#6 steven345

steven345

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:45 PM

Merry Christmas 2020 and Happy New year to Gravity!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users