[RT]STR or ATK Meteor Assault/Sonic Blow - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[RT]STR or ATK Meteor Assault/Sonic Blow

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lockk

Lockk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 07:31 PM

Hello smart people,

if I had to choose between ATK and STR on a gear enchantment(Yes I know I could have both but those are out of my reach right now) which would be the better option?

is the iRO damage formula here https://irowiki.org/.../Meteor_Assault what we have on RT? If so that would mean STR is always the better option?

I know nothing about theory crafting so please put that into consideration on your answer lol.

Thank you!

Edited by Lockk, 25 September 2020 - 07:35 PM.

#2 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:15 PM

It depends on how much STR or ATK you'd get, but generally speaking, STR is going to be better unless you're looking at something like 50 ATK vs. 3 STR.

#3 Lockk

Lockk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:04 PM

I see.. well this is a difference between 6 STR and 15 ATK, so I guess 6 STR would be slightly better?

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:30 AM

For MA, yeah, I'd definitely go with the 6 STR.

Out of curiosity, what weapon(s) are you using?

#5 Lockk

Lockk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:43 AM

Using a +9 Double bloody Tsurugi and an Ice pick offhand.. people love to use assumptio lol. I compared it with a friend's Scalpel and it seems the tsurugi does a little more unless there is a blacksmith with weapon perfection for the 25% penalty from medium size. I am still trying to get a decent weapon for SB

Edited by Lockk, 29 September 2020 - 07:10 AM.

#6 Lockk

Lockk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 07:23 AM

Another thing..
Would a Double bloody boned Saber be better than a Tsurugi with the same enchantments?
What if the Saber has 5% more damage to Neutral?
What if we don't count the bonus damage to Neutral? Because some people wear undead or a different element armor.
The Tsurugi has 15 more ATK on the weapon but wouldn't losing that 15 ATK be worth it for a Skeleton Worker Card? I read somewhere that there was a bug that isn't fixed until now about the 5 ATK on the Skel worker card not working .

#7 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 07:52 AM

It's hard to answer multiple "situations" cuz the atk values will vary based on what mods do or don't affect the enemy in question.

But on the topic of tsurugi versus saber, assuming you're only looking at losing 15 atk for 1 card slot, it's definitely worth it, since the 15% atk from the skel worker will easily makeup for the 15 atk. 

Though to be honest, it's ideal to use a calculator since which setup is better will often depend on what other sources of atk, atk%, etc. you have.

https://compare.irowiki.org/

#8 Lockk

Lockk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for the link! I gotta figure out how to use it, I'm relatively new to renewal. The last time I played was still with classic mechanics. Could you please tell me where I would enter if the weapon has a flat ATK enchantment and where if it's a % ATK bonus? Would it be correct to put it in the Mastery option? I only see % on the Attack Modifiers tab.

Thanks for answering all my questions up to now.

Edited by Lockk, 01 October 2020 - 10:03 AM.

#9 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:28 AM

Thanks for the link! I gotta figure out how to use it, I'm relatively new to renewal. The last time I played was still with classic mechanics. Could you please tell me where I would enter if the weapon has a flat ATK enchantment and where if it's a % ATK bonus? Would it be correct to put it in the Mastery option? I only see % on the Attack Modifiers tab.

Thanks for answering all my questions up to now.

Sure, so the section under physical attack;

93361187439dd36f558282a67e6af4f4.png

The 'equipment' section is where the sum of all flat attack bonuses (including enchants or cards) would go.

The % modifier would go under attack on the far right -- you'll also notice that one has a % symbol built into the box where-as the 'equipment' box doesn't.

so what you do is you sum up all bonuses/mods of each type and then plug it into the appropriate box.

So let's say you have a porcellio card in your armor and also an enchant for 15 atk on your sword, you'd put 35 into the 'equipment' box. 

Skel worker on the other hand is 15% size (so it goes into the size %, not the atk % box) and the 5 flat atk bonus into the equipment box.

As for the atk bonus applying or not, it definitely does in Chaos so it should in RT as well since they both use the same base for atk calculations. You can also see it modify your ATK value. 

For example, here is a +7 gladius with 3x minorous card which has the same +5 atk effect that skel worker does. 

feacb1d50ebc44832a29665585a2305c.png

You can see my atk value on the right is 155 which is the following: base weapon atk (105) + refine bonus (7x5 = 35) + card bonus (3x5 = 15) = 155. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 01 October 2020 - 11:29 AM.

#10 Lockk

Lockk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:51 AM

This is extremely helpful, thank you very much.

I was about to spend a lot of money and switch some gears around to get 140 str but it seems like the increase is only a mere 43 points on the Average ATK. Now I don't know if that is significant but I thought it would be more than that. But if I spend a lot more than planned  it would be an increase of 135 ATK

Anyway again thank you for the lesson! Really appreciate it. :)

Edited by Lockk, 02 October 2020 - 07:54 AM.

#11 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:31 AM

One thing to keep in mind about STR specifically for Meteor Assault is that you not only get ATK, but you also get a bigger skill modifier. 

MA is 1,400% of your ATK + 5% of your ATK per point of STR. So at 100 total STR, you'd be at 1,900% ATK. 

So it double dips -- you get attack, but you also get a bigger skill mod, which is why STR is often times much better than flat ATK for MA specifically.

If you were using say, bowling bash, you'd probably value the ATK equal to or more than the STR (depending on what your weapon's base atk is). 

#12 Lockk

Lockk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:57 PM

I'll keep that in mind, thank you again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users