14 replies to this topic

#1 Luxje

Luxje

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

Hi,

I just started playing Rose a few days ago and I+m still experimenting with differnt chars.
This time I started a muse, and I´m lvl 40 now, and just did the free stat and skill reset.
I read the mage and cleric guides in this forum and now was wondering, if there are some muse/mage buids
which are yousing offensice and supportive skills (such as heal and/or bonefire). Because in the guide there are just used the offensive skills.
So do I need as a muse/mage both "sides" (fire and ice) of the skilltree if I just want to do PvM, or can I just go one side and the middle an put the rest into support skills?

Thank you for your help

Luxje

P.S.:I posted also a question in the Draconis market forum, perhaps you would be so nice and give me more answers there as well.

#2 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

Stats
For a Mage build, I'd suggest maxing your INT, and keeping your CON equal to your level, until you get to Lv. 100. Then you can leave your CON at 100 and just pump your INT until it's maxed. After that, you can add to DEX (for dodge rate), STR (for defense), or CON (for HP/MP recovery rate and accuracy). Personally, I went with Maxing my INT, keeping my CON at 100, and putting everything else into STR. (I was a PvM Mage.)

Skills
If you're going Mage, I'd suggest not getting support skills. I, would, however, get Spirit Boost, and max it -- it's very helpful, and is almost always, if not always, better than a cleric equivalent. If you're wanting to do PvM, I'd suggest getting the skills down the right side of your offensive tree, , and also get those two in the middle (in addition to Staff Mastery), and max those two (the AoEs). The ones in the middle are your AoE until you get Meteorite Flow as a Mage. Max Staff Mastery as well. Leave all other skills alone, including those in the Common and Support trees, also ignoring Spell Mastery. That way, you can save skill points for when you become a Mage.

Keep in mind that these are all only suggestions, of course.

Edited by Kittiz, 18 August 2010 - 09:15 AM.

#3 Silwok

Silwok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:16 AM

Hi,

I just started playing Rose a few days ago and I+m still experimenting with differnt chars.
This time I started a muse, and I´m lvl 40 now, and just did the free stat and skill reset.
I read the mage and cleric guides in this forum and now was wondering, if there are some muse/mage buids
which are yousing offensice and supportive skills (such as heal and/or bonefire). Because in the guide there are just used the offensive skills.
So do I need as a muse/mage both "sides" (fire and ice) of the skilltree if I just want to do PvM, or can I just go one side and the middle an put the rest into support skills?

Thank you for your help

Luxje

P.S.:I posted also a question in the Draconis market forum, perhaps you would be so nice and give me more answers there as well.

If you want to just pvm and want the heals/buffs/bonfire you won't have enough points if you do both fire/ice, ice is generally regarded as pvp and fire pvm. So if i was you i'd just get the fire side of the tree then work on ur heals/buffs/bon. An as for you stats i don't recommend maxing int because its very costly at the higher numbers you can get ap from str for cheaper, i think the general rule is 2int:1str:con=level

#4 TomSpyCell

TomSpyCell

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

Hi,

I'm rather in the same case than Luxje.
And I have some questions too :

1) a Mage should ignore the common skills tab and so don't have any heal skill?

2) On your last post Kittiz you said :

Max Spell Mastery as well. Leave all other skills alone, including those in the Common and Support trees, also ignoring Spell Mastery.

Now I'm lost ^^ You meant MAX Spell Mastery or not?

3) I've read several times that Meteorite Strike was totally useless given that it's a weak attack and it isn't required for any mage skills. But on the site of PurpleYouko (http://rose.kuro-tej...j=2&sb1=2&sb2=4) it says that Meteorite Flow requires Meteorite Strike level 1 ...
So I'm lost ... again ^^

Thanks for your future answers :rice:

#5 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Hi,

I'm rather in the same case than Luxje.
And I have some questions too :

1) a Mage should ignore the common skills tab and so don't have any heal skill?

2) On your last post Kittiz you said :

Now I'm lost ^^ You meant MAX Spell Mastery or not?

3) I've read several times that Meteorite Strike was totally useless given that it's a weak attack and it isn't required for any mage skills. But on the site of PurpleYouko (http://rose.kuro-tej...j=2&sb1=2&sb2=4) it says that Meteorite Flow requires Meteorite Strike level 1 ...
So I'm lost ... again ^^

Thanks for your future answers :rice:

1) Short answer: Yes.

2) Sorry...I meant to max Staff Mastery, not Spell. I'd ignore Spell.

3) Meteorite Strike USED to be useless. Now I believe you have to max it to max Meteorite Flow. I know it at least requires it.

#6 TomSpyCell

TomSpyCell

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

1) Short answer: Yes.

2) Sorry...I meant to max Staff Mastery, not Spell. I'd ignore Spell.

3) Meteorite Strike USED to be useless. Now I believe you have to max it to max Meteorite Flow. I know it at least requires it.

Thanks for your answer :rice:

Without any heal skills it means that we should buy lot of potions so it will be very expensive. Whereas you just have to use 7 SP to have Restoration lvl 1. It doesn't worth the 7 SP?

#7 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

Thanks for your answer :rice:

Without any heal skills it means that we should buy lot of potions so it will be very expensive. Whereas you just have to use 7 SP to have Restoration lvl 1. It doesn't worth the 7 SP?

In my personal opinion, no, it's not worth it. It's a lot easier, generally, to buy pots and/or find a party (preferably with a cleric, but not necessarily). Mages (especially in the lower levels) are often valued party members, from what I've seen.

#8 TomSpyCell

TomSpyCell

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:58 AM

In my personal opinion, no, it's not worth it. It's a lot easier, generally, to buy pots and/or find a party (preferably with a cleric, but not necessarily). Mages (especially in the lower levels) are often valued party members, from what I've seen.

- So if I follow your idea, i will have MAXed the right side of the tree at level 62 or 71 with Spirit Boost. Then I start to save SP for the Mage tree?

- And once the right side of the Mage tree is MAXed too, will you MAXed the left side of the Muse and Mage tree or go for some buffs?

- And last question :
You said you'd leave your CON at 100 because you were focused on PvM but what is the right amount of CON for PvP or if I want to go both PvP and PvM ?

(I may just add that I'm looking for a kind of hybrid Mage who can go PvM (solo and party) and PvP. )

#9 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

- So if I follow your idea, i will have MAXed the right side of the tree at level 62 or 71 with Spirit Boost. Then I start to save SP for the Mage tree?

- And once the right side of the Mage tree is MAXed too, will you MAXed the left side of the Muse and Mage tree or go for some buffs?

- And last question :
You said you'd leave your CON at 100 because you were focused on PvM but what is the right amount of CON for PvP or if I want to go both PvP and PvM ?

(I may just add that I'm looking for a kind of hybrid Mage who can go PvM (solo and party) and PvP. )

Personally, I went for buffs and a bonfire after I maxed everything. But many mages just go for pure offense, and get some of the other mage skills (off of the ice tree). The left side of the offensive/mage tree is what most would call the PvP side. It's simply up to you what you get. Also, I'd like to add that bonfire is more trouble than it's worth in the end now, in my opinion, because, if I'm right in my thinking, you only need level 1 Wand Mastery to max all of the buffs, but a maxed Bonfire would require Wand Mastery level 18. Thus, I feel it's a waste, in the end.
-->Anyway, my final advice on this is to simply play the game and decide when the time comes for it what you want to get between the other offensive skills and the buffs. It depends completely on YOUR personal playing style.

As for the CON....I would think you need more than 100 for PvP. Raiders have high dodge, and because of that, you need a decent amount of accuracy to hit them. Last time I played in a Union War, I could hit most others with my 100 CON build, but you might want to get a bit more if you're going to be PvPing often/seriously. (I say this because, when I PvP, it's strictly for fun and very rarely seriously competitive, at least on my end.)

#10 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

if I'm right in my thinking, you only need level 1 Wand Mastery to max all of the buffs, but a maxed Bonfire would require Wand Mastery level 18.

You actually don't need Wand Mastery at all to get the buffs. The skill "tree" is messed up for so many classes, with arrows pointing to skills that it's not even a prerequisite for.

#11 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

You actually don't need Wand Mastery at all to get the buffs. The skill "tree" is messed up for so many classes, with arrows pointing to skills that it's not even a prerequisite for.

Ah, okay -- thank you for correcting me, then. [: I actually messed up my mage's recent restat because of this problem. I knew it was messed up within the final mage branch, but I didn't even realize that I didn't need wand mastery at all -- even though I maxed it for Bonfire. :p_devil: Thanks again.

#12 TomSpyCell

TomSpyCell

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

Ok, Thanks for all the things about Mages !

The last thing I don't understand is why the left side of the offensive tree (ICE) is related to PvP and the right side to PvM?

#13 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

Ok, Thanks for all the things about Mages !

The last thing I don't understand is why the left side of the offensive tree (ICE) is related to PvP and the right side to PvM?

It's something that most players go by, I think, according to simply playing both sides of the skill tree, testing to see which is better for each. The cooldowns for the Fire side are faster (PvM), but weaker. This allows a Mage to AoE more, and kill monsters faster. However, PvM Mages don't really need as much cooldown speed, because, generally, PvP goes at a much faster pace, and you can't really spam a single skill over and over anyway. Thus, PvP mages tend to go for the stronger attacks, with slower cooldown speeds.

**I think this is accurate.

#14 TomSpyCell

TomSpyCell

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

Well thanks again ! I think i'll make a wonderful mage thanks to your advises :p_devil:

#15 nmeans73

nmeans73

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

The reason the ice side is considered pvp is because if you look at their effects, slowed movement, big damage, long cooldown, those skills are really designed for pvp use. The fire ones however have less damage but faster cooldown and it has the strongest mage AoE. These skills are meant for the constant target switching and the rinse and repeat of pve as compared to the more strategic use of the ice skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users