Renewal Hacking Spree - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Renewal Hacking Spree

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#76 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Server

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:16 AM

Campitor, why http://www.playragnarok.com/ is not secure? Maybe that's how the hacker was able to get credentials. Even basic of securing website WP can't do? How much more if you handle serious cases? Or you company does not have enough money to hire someone to secure your website? Cmon!

why you need https on main page that isn't page of information putting in.

:heh:

#77 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:37 AM

I m even ask GM team for camping one char in Eden to catch that's opening pub trade to item for csgo.. even with screen shot.. still that's trader still in there..look like GM team not working as they should do..
That's guy is the one also asking for joining fanpage to scam ppl

#78 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:43 AM

Useless gm team

#79 shrikarash

shrikarash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:48 AM

The account sharing rules has to do with sharing with buddies. If you share with say Eremes Guile every day for years and then suddenly Eremes Guile empties your account as back stabbing assassins do. As far as we can tell he had permission to access the account. However should you be sharing with Ereme Guile but then Gramps takes your stuff its not a valid reason to deny the restore.

If the gms are misapplying this policy then they need to be retaught.

Does that mean we are atleast entitled to know who took the stuff? Otherwise we wouldn't even know if it was eremes guile who took it or Gramps or some accidental mishap happened. I'm asking this because in my past ticket I've just been told "it was traded from your char xxxx to someone else and that's all the information we can provide". They didn't even tell a thing about this someone else. So now I don't have a clue what happened despite sending a ticket cause I'm obviously aware it was dealt to someone else cause I can't find it anywhere. Is it against the company policy to let a user now where his gear currently is if he genuinely believes he hasn't sold/vended/traded it?

Edited by shrikarash, 16 October 2020 - 05:50 AM.

#80 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:09 AM

The account sharing rules has to do with sharing with buddies. If you share with say Eremes Guile every day for years and then suddenly Eremes Guile empties your account as back stabbing assassins do. As far as we can tell he had permission to access the account. However should you be sharing with Ereme Guile but then Gramps takes your stuff its not a valid reason to deny the restore.

If the gms are misapplying this policy then they need to be retaught.

Anyone is found to be sharing an account should be forfeited to get a restoration process altogether when hack happens lol

#81 LittleBurger

LittleBurger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:13 AM

No news on when my items are getting restored. But at this point I find this event liberating. I can finally quit RO for good.

#82 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanyon city of Zant
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:34 PM

@campitor

iRo really need Kafra pin code. of every official I've played iRo is the only one without Kafra pin code.

Please implement this:

unknown.png

also, everytime I'm logging in to forum or WP site I receive this notif, what's this?

I wonder if it's related to the mass hacking spree we have now?

unknown.png

Edited by Rinpyon, 16 October 2020 - 12:34 PM.

#83 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:54 PM

No news on when my items are getting restored. But at this point I find this event liberating. I can finally quit RO for good.

What about RoT server!?

#84 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:40 PM

Ohh that storage pin is neat feature. It would be nice if we can have that here

#85 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:28 PM

+1 for storage pin, is that a feature we can have?

#86 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:53 PM

hey campitor can you really help out with this issue I have I have a ticket number I dont want to disclose info here check PM

#87 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3543 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 04:45 PM

warp portal powerUP website is not working. it's only showing clear white screen lol. and when you refresh it, it will say "This access is not POST!!!"

#88 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:12 PM

Hello Folks I wanted to give you an update on whats going on. Currently the GMs are compiling tickets and researching who, what, where, and when this all occurred. On Monday we will be having a meeting to go over everything they discover and plan a course of action. In addition to that Astra and I are preparing a list of GM team complaints posted in these threads so as to bring player concerns to the GM Lead and enact change. We should be able to share an update come monday regarding these cases.

#89 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:23 PM

@Camp, I am seeing a patter, people are claiming they picked up items dropped by another player, then they got hacked? How is that possible? I do have a replay file from someone who was dropping white potion, the regular ones. Weird thing was, the value was 850 of them and was dropping A LOT of them on the ground.

I do have a replay file if needed.

#90 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:25 PM

@Camp, I am seeing a patter, people are claiming they picked up items dropped by another player, then they got hacked? How is that possible? I do have a replay file from someone who was dropping white potion, the regular ones. Weird thing was, the value was 850 of them and was dropping A LOT of them on the ground.

Please ticket and send me the number. Trade hacks have happened in other games and RO before so its entirely possible that something similar was found.

#91 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:39 PM

@camp. Yes we need storage pins. It's just surprising that iRO dont have this feature as compared to other official servers. We know it's pain in the ass for having this procedure, but at least it's giving everyone another security to prevent loss of eq/items

#92 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:53 PM

Yes, and the storage pin should not be allowing keyboard input and numbers should be changing position on every attempt.

I was shock too when I moved to iRO at first because of storage come without a pin protection.

Having a storage PIN would make hacking less effective.

Can we have it implemented in Chaos?

#93 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:02 PM

Please ticket and send me the number. Trade hacks have happened in other games and RO before so its entirely possible that something similar was found.

Sent you the ticket via PM.

#94 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

Never pick up -_- that drops on floor by strangers :/

#95 chumar

chumar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Outside Earth
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 16 October 2020 - 08:49 PM

why you need https on main page that isn't page of information putting in.

:heh:

you can still get hacked from clicking on links...these hackers always find a smart way, thats why theres no perfect security.

#96 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:00 PM

Was this in mail annex? If so that's a common practice for ranked slim brewers, they toss a bunch on the ground then open storage and start greeding them+putting them into storage so they don't need to buy them>open storage as many times.

#97 chumar

chumar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Outside Earth
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:00 PM

+1 this but also include it for trades, rodex and item dropping. 

#98 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanyon city of Zant
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:41 PM

+1 for storage pin, is that a feature we can have?

yes. it's an feature on many other offficial servers

Hello Folks I wanted to give you an update on whats going on. Currently the GMs are compiling tickets and researching who, what, where, and when this all occurred. On Monday we will be having a meeting to go over everything they discover and plan a course of action. In addition to that Astra and I are preparing a list of GM team complaints posted in these threads so as to bring player concerns to the GM Lead and enact change. We should be able to share an update come monday regarding these cases.

Please consider talking about the kafra pin to the other GMs. 

it will save you guys trouble too. Thanks!

#99 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3543 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:48 PM

I don’t think storage pins will be a good idea lol. Storage pins will be just an extra work for staffs if ppls are not good enough to keep their storage passwords or if ppls mistyped a bunch of times. Typing incorrect passcodes for number of tries will block the storage and the only way to reset it is by sending a ticket which takes forever to respond.

#100 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:15 PM

yes. it's an feature on many other offficial servers

Please consider talking about the kafra pin to the other GMs.
it will save you guys trouble too. Thanks!

What other official have it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users