Renewal Hacking Spree - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Renewal Hacking Spree

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#176 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2743 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 07:02 PM

Z

Edited by StunTosMati, 05 November 2020 - 07:02 PM.

#177 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 November 2020 - 09:51 PM

bump

#178 g10vinzo

g10vinzo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:04 PM

Hacker still active lol.
Very very very Good shop name.
To the right of shopping board south Prontera

Checking on it.

November 7, and this vend are still there.

Is there nothing wrong with this vend, Camp?

Seems very suspicious to me.

#179 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 11:06 PM

November 7, and this vend are still there.

Is there nothing wrong with this vend, Camp?

Seems very suspicious to me.

Its a new account every time. As we find them we lock them down and ban where appropriate. Likely the character in question is also compromised.

#180 g10vinzo

g10vinzo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 11:39 PM

Its a new account every time. As we find them we lock them down and ban where appropriate. Likely the character in question is also compromised.

Any possibility of enforcing IP ban?

Edited by g10vinzo, 07 November 2020 - 01:16 AM.

#181 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 07 November 2020 - 10:27 AM

I really doubt hacks were involved. Though if i had any resemblance of caring about the game i would've tried the myriads of leaked accounts from so many sites, from social websites like Facebook to accounts with real info like PSN's, many are bound to use the same id and password which (for a dead game like RO) nobody would ever bother to change.

If i cared enough to put the last nail in the coffin on a dead game that is, as something in this scale was obviously not gonna get past the community, though it's hillarious the lack of damage control from Campitor, guess he's also done with it.

#182 ZakAttak

ZakAttak

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 01:36 AM

My account got hacked last year (no, I don't share my account with anyone) around May and I finally got my stuff back in December thanks to Campitor's involvement. Right after, I changed my password, swapped out emails. Everything went smooth for a few months until last week. My account got hacked AGAIN! and it happened around MAINTENANCE! I had played only hours away from maintenance, left for work, came back, and my account was swiped clean (gears, zeny, KP, all expensive items). This time they set all my characters to be deleted; luckily I found out and reversed the process. I submitted a ticket, my account has been suspended for investigation. I feel like this is going to be another 7 months (if not more) of longing. I've spent so much time and effort and money in to iRO but if it doesn't get corrected, I'm going to quit. 

And clearly, something is going on here, I've played iRO for almost 10 years and this kind of stuff never happened. Is there any security flaw during the big server upgrade? At this point, I'm suspecting the staff members.

P/S: They didn't only got into my iRo account but also my social media and used it to trade and scam other people. 

#183 IDexter

IDexter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBeyond the wall

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:55 AM

wow this -_- is still not over.

#184 CGeass

CGeass

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 05:58 AM

My account got hacked last year (no, I don't share my account with anyone) around May and I finally got my stuff back in December thanks to Campitor's involvement. Right after, I changed my password, swapped out emails. Everything went smooth for a few months until last week. My account got hacked AGAIN! and it happened around MAINTENANCE! I had played only hours away from maintenance, left for work, came back, and my account was swiped clean (gears, zeny, KP, all expensive items). This time they set all my characters to be deleted; luckily I found out and reversed the process. I submitted a ticket, my account has been suspended for investigation. I feel like this is going to be another 7 months (if not more) of longing. I've spent so much time and effort and money in to iRO but if it doesn't get corrected, I'm going to quit. 

And clearly, something is going on here, I've played iRO for almost 10 years and this kind of stuff never happened. Is there any security flaw during the big server upgrade? At this point, I'm suspecting the staff members.

P/S: They didn't only got into my iRo account but also my social media and used it to trade and scam other people. 

If they were able to get into your social media accounts, then it seems you have a bigger issue. It sounds like your PC might be compromised. Keyloggers, etc. Unless you weren't smart and had all your passwords the same.

#185 ZakAttak

ZakAttak

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 04:26 PM

If they were able to get into your social media accounts, then it seems you have a bigger issue. It sounds like your PC might be compromised. Keyloggers, etc. Unless you weren't smart and had all your passwords the same.

I ran antivirus software (Norton) and found nothing. They had only been able to get into my social media the firs time. I deactivated the account after. My social media was not affected second time. 

#186 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 21 March 2021 - 07:28 AM

Not an expert on computer but you might want to reinstall fresh Window and the program back. If that too much a hassle try delete all cache, cookie, history and all downloaded files from your browser (ie Goggle Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge) and uninstall the browser itself and reinstall back... Sometimes the nasty thing hides in there even though you already delete data it still remain..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users