Chaos Hack : Clarity on rumours needed! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Chaos Hack : Clarity on rumours needed!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#1 estebin

estebin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:44 PM

Campitor,

There are several rumours going on about below stuff. Please provide complete clarity on it.
Community is in utter shock. People are scared to even log in.
A whole bunch of guild mates got hacked.

Rumours :
1. If I accept deal request from some random guy on server, he will be able to hack my account.
2. If someone sends me random zeny/gears vai rodex and I take it into my inventory, he will be able to hack my account
3. If I buy stuff from online vendors, he will be able to hack my account
4. If I use skills in Eden like cart boost or anything, he will be able to hack my account

One guy I personally know faced case 1 and lost a bunch of stuff. Luckily he didn't have too much stuff or Mvps.

But the question GM team asked was give us a list of stuff you are missing.

I have more than 30 characters. Am I supposed to have full list of my inventory and gears? This is an absurd question right???

You humanely think it is possible for an individual to remember his full inventory/gears?
Do you remember all the stuff you bought from your last grocery store visit???

I am sure you have noticed that server logins have dropped from 1500++ last month to 800-900.
You know we have been trying really hard to get new people to join IRO Chaos by regularly posting new meta builds and gears and videos on our Facebook groups.

But today, I'm not sure if my account is safe. If it is even safe to log in to Ragnarok client.

This is an existential crisis!!!!!

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:53 PM

I logged in my accounts. All safe and clear. I changed passwords. I'm now reading forums. Sorry for any unfortunate souls who are being affected by this. Wait ... maybe I also got hacked but I dont realize cus I dont always keep tracks of my items lol

I mean, if people aint lying at all and they still got hacked even playing with 0 edits ie 100% client downloaded from WP website itself, then ... I think the hacker could be an ex employee from Warpportal itself. It is very rare to get hacked, esp, when a game is as small as iRO Chaos server.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 15 October 2020 - 05:55 PM.

#3 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:59 PM

I logged in my accounts. All safe and clear. I changed passwords. I'm now reading forums. Sorry for any unfortunate souls who are being affected by this. Wait ... maybe I also got hacked but I dont realize cus I dont always keep tracks of my items lol

I mean, if people aint lying at all and they still got hacked even playing with 0 edits ie 100% client downloaded from WP website itself, then ... I think the hacker could be an ex employee from Warpportal itself. It is very rare to get hacked, esp, when a game is as small as iRO Chaos server.

^Agreed 

#4 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:02 PM

this happened to me some years ago, suspecting that i used my warpportal email to some looking innocent but not so innocent website. i simply created a new email not related to anything but just for warpportal games and petition to change email via support page.

good luck guys.

#5 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:38 PM

How dummies got hacked:

Download edited_data.grf w keyloggers

#6 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:47 PM

How dummies got hacked:

Download edited_data.grf w keyloggers

Are you saying those who got hacked downloaded illegal edits? Cus ... I have not got hacked and now my client is 100% no edits. My account has tons of OCPs and items from Kachue keys. So my account shouldve been hacked. Its weird cus my friends who got hacked also told me they dont use any edits and I believed them -_-

Edited by ChakriGuard, 15 October 2020 - 06:48 PM.

#7 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:50 PM

Dummies is the keyword lol

There's a lot other possibilities.
But the dumbest hacker and he's tricks is just keyloggers

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:55 PM

I guess there are some benefits of playing 100% legit client against cheaters in iRO lol. Well, I still believe my friends because they told me their clients are legit T_T

Gonna wait to hear what Camp and his team have to say lmfao

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:56 PM

But the question GM team asked was give us a list of stuff you are missing.

I have more than 30 characters. Am I supposed to have full list of my inventory and gears? This is an absurd question right???

It shouldn't be, but gives them a clue as to where to look in your logs. If you say "Im missing my triple poring hat and a bunch of other stuff" they know to look for the triple poring hat to find where all the bad stuff is happening.

#10 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:59 PM

It shouldn't be, but gives them a clue as to where to look in your logs. If you say "Im missing my triple poring hat and a bunch of other stuff" they know to look for the triple poring hat to find where all the bad stuff is happening.

okay but then there is your horrible customer support where they make your wait 1--2 months then tell you that its been too long and they cant do anything.....

explain that

Edited by abui951, 15 October 2020 - 06:59 PM.

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:04 PM

okay but then there is your horrible customer support where they make your wait 1--2 months then tell you that its been too long and they cant do anything.....

explain that

What do you mean? Through out 10 years of using customer support, It's been satisfying. They always reply to me within 24 hours. All my tickets always get solved within a day to a week max ie MvP card disappeared issue lol  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 15 October 2020 - 07:06 PM.

#12 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:05 PM

What do you mean? Thriugh out 10 years of using customer support, I've been satisfying. They always reply to me within 24 hours. All my tickets always get solve d within a day to a week max ie MvP card disappeared issue lol  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Maybe because your well known CHAKRI...

but for the smaller unknown people like me. we'd be pushed under the rug

and thats who they are targeting 

Edited by abui951, 15 October 2020 - 07:07 PM.

#13 sexygamer1311

sexygamer1311

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:15 PM

I'm quite satisfied with GM team response time. Especially GM Cookie, he is the fastest hahaha.

But if you get GM Coco..... You all know the standard response ;)

#14 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:17 PM

I'm quite satisfied with GM team response time. Especially GM Cookie, he is the fastest hahaha.

But if you get GM Coco..... You all know the standard response ;)

YES NAME THEM 

#15 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:18 PM

Maybe because your well known CHAKRI...

but for the smaller unknown people like me. we'd be pushed under the rug

and thats who they are targeting 

I think because GMs enjoy my old WoE vids fighting bad evil people and upholding the justice! 

Oh damn, so .. on RoT, people are hating BRs and on Chaos, people are hating Pinoys? lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 15 October 2020 - 07:19 PM.

#16 Bashabells

Bashabells

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMount Olympus
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:33 PM

This is scary! So, I just changed all my acoounts password. Still safe and sound for now.

#17 LittleBurger

LittleBurger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:41 PM

I lost all my mvps and end game gears. Zeny gone too. Junk gears left behind. Sent ticket. Hope Campitor sees my msg.

..Lion..][

#18 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:45 PM

o you forgot thor...

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:06 PM

MA literally deleted Thor from existence lol 

#20 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:19 PM

p2w must be hacking the people so they can get ready when rot merged into chaos.

#21 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:28 PM

I lost all my mvps and end game gears. Zeny gone too. Junk gears left behind. Sent ticket. Hope Campitor sees my msg.

..Lion..][

Grats you can finally quit the game  :rice:

#22 LittleBurger

LittleBurger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:04 PM

Grats you can finally quit the game :rice:

To be honest, I'm done with RO if all my hard work goes down the drain.

#23 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:08 PM

Hmmm I think the main reason why most of us still stick around Chaos is because of our hard work/investment for years lol.

Its easy to quit if a server is young and new cus you've not invested too much. For an old server like Chaos, if you are a winner and dont quit at early stage as you continue playing/putting effort, you only grow stronger as server ages and you cant really quit. Ironic isnt it, but that's why most ppl prefer to play on RoT. Its easier to start over.

I'm still waiting for Camp to tell us what exactly is going on. If a person really uses 100% legit client (directly downloaded from WP website) and still gets hacked, gg ... no new Kachue keys for me  <_<

#24 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:13 PM

just banned all IP from philipine....wtf... i m very sure its come from there..
all scammer are come from there anyway...just skip those philipine player n other new player i think will slowly come back

I meant this

#25 LittleBurger

LittleBurger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:42 PM

Hmmm I think the main reason why most of us still stick around Chaos is because of our hard work/investment for years lol.

Its easy to quit if a server is young and new cus you've not invested too much. For an old server like Chaos, if you are a winner and dont quit at early stage as you continue playing/putting effort, you only grow stronger as server ages and you cant really quit. Ironic isnt it, but that's why most ppl prefer to play on RoT. Its easier to start over.

I'm still waiting for Camp to tell us what exactly is going on. If a person really uses 100% legit client (directly downloaded from WP website) and still gets hacked, gg ... no new Kachue keys for me <_<

100% legit client from WP. Never RMT. All MVPs verified after trade. You know me Chakri!

Been playing since 2004. Can't quit because of effort invested in the game. But if I've lost everything and there's no help then there's no more reason to continue.

..Lion..][

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users