Freshmen Guild almost 1 month in still have broken guild functions. Negligent/Incompetent support. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Freshmen Guild almost 1 month in still have broken guild functions. Negligent/Incompetent support.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 arcobalenocai

arcobalenocai

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 05:48 AM

Patiently waiting but the negligence/incompetence of support has lead me here as much as I hate posting on fourms.

I requested for a name change for my toon which is the GM/recaller of Freshmen guild. Asked if this was possible and support informed it is possible. This request/ticket was alive for more than a month, almost 2 months in fact. The request was finally applied end of September and my toons in game name was changed as requested. However, whoever did the change neglected to make sure everything was functional on the guild level. 

Now, I do not know what goes on to change a characters name in game be it programming or whatnot so I'm not going to pretend I know.  But right after the name change, the guild window still say's that the Guild Master is my old character's name. I could not edit emblems, Edit and assign ranks, edit guilds memo's. Weirdly and fortunately enough, I can still use Guild WoE skills such as recall. 

People who were taxed temporarily had to leave guild and be at the bottom ranks upon rejoining, efficiently removing them from rank benefits such guild storage access, guild invites, and expel powers.

Worst, during WoE, we could not ally or un-ally other guilds which really affects how we play the game. Mind you for the 35-40 people in the guild present during war.

Additionally, I also submitted (2) tickets regarding treasure loot. Guild leaders who read this post know, we lost guild treasure spawns after the extended maintenance last week. As per Aaron's (p2w guild leader) recommendation, I submitted a ticket for the missing treasure spawns. I received an email last night, approx 9:30pm est from Support "claiming" that the issue has been resolved and the boxes have been restored with HE bubblegum effects. Checked my character right away and alas, No items from chests whatsoever. At this point, I do not know if GMs have a disconnect on the support team. Why would a GM claim an issue has been resolved when it clearly wasn't? It's either whoever are handling tickets are super negligent or very incompetent. I'm really sorry about ranting about this on forums but Support has lead me no choice. Messaged @Campitor- no response not even read, messaged CMAstra- no response, not even read. How can I escalate these issues then? 

With this all mind, I researched who are actually in corporate to complain ( yes you can research them, its public knowledge) because at the end of the day, this game is a business and we players are customers. Bad work ethic/negligence has to be made aware to the higher -ups if issues aren't being resolved. I followed the hierarchy of command and here we are. I have composed an email to the producer of iRO and the Director of Ragnarok at Gravity Interactive Inc. Ready to be sent tonight after a few proof reading. 

I am on the verge of quitting the game altogether, I can tolerate bugs, or any ingame drama, griefings (not that we have experienced it) it is part of the game. But this is the very 1st time, the support team of a game has made me want to quit & when I do will be encouraging all the core members of the guild to do the same. I really do not like blackmailing people and people may look at this post as such but without a big commotion I dont think GMs or support really care enough to do something.

Im really hoping that someone from the GM team or support can read this because I love the game, love playing it with my guild and we have invested alot of time and emotions on this game already. 

Thank you and again sorry for the rant.

#2 Ardelle

Ardelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNiflheim
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:10 AM

This happened to me back in the day, they had to change my char name back and wait for a maint to fix it. (I was never refunded for the name change)

They can't do the things other servers (such as euRO/fRO) took for granted. 

The funny thing is though, if you make a toon with the old name (a level 1 novice is fine) and add it to guild, you will have recall capabilities on both that new char with the old name, and the old renamed recaller. 

As per usual, they probably didn't document this. Well obviously they didn't since they haven't found the solution or realized it's the exact same problem. 

Just go ahead and enjoy having two recallers imo.

Edited by Ardelle, 22 October 2020 - 06:11 AM.

#3 arcobalenocai

arcobalenocai

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:15 AM

This happened to me back in the day, they had to change my char name back and wait for a maint to fix it. (I was never refunded for the name change)

They can't do the things other servers (such as euRO/fRO) took for granted. 

The funny thing is though, if you make a toon with the old name (a level 1 novice is fine) and add it to guild, you will have recall capabilities on both that new char with the old name, and the old renamed recaller. 

As per usual, they probably didn't document this. Well obviously they didn't since they haven't found the solution or realized it's the exact same problem. 

Just go ahead and enjoy having two recallers imo.

This sounds really interesting. If they don't fix it by tonight's maintenance I would have fun and create  a novice as you said. I'll let other guilds complain so this problem gets more traction.lol

#4 Ardelle

Ardelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNiflheim

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:17 AM

I say go ahead! If they don't care about your guild, you shouldn't care about the game. 

This is when it happened in 2007. Think about that. This is a known issue from 2007, although I'm sure campitor will come along and say its not.  :rolleyes:

#5 arcobalenocai

arcobalenocai

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:21 AM

I mean @Campitor did not even read my PMs. Been just posting it on patch note forums but to no avail. Yeah this is a good idea. Thank you for sharing it. Turn a disadvantage to an  advantage. I like it =)

#6 Ardelle

Ardelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNiflheim

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:22 AM

glhf <3 

#7 arcobalenocai

arcobalenocai

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:25 AM

Just out of curiosity, will the new novice have access to the guild ranks and such? If it does then this is the best thing that could happen. Imagine having 2 GM's in a guild with both having recalls on a different timer?

#8 alybae

alybae

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:30 AM

20 year old game-  you would think that they perfected every single bug/problem/issue and would be able to fix whatever comes their way. -_- 

Why'd I spend money on this game again? No actual support from GMs. 

Patiently waiting but the negligence/incompetence of support has lead me here as much as I hate posting on fourms.

I requested for a name change for my toon which is the GM/recaller of Freshmen guild. Asked if this was possible and support informed it is possible. This request/ticket was alive for more than a month, almost 2 months in fact. The request was finally applied end of September and my toons in game name was changed as requested. However, whoever did the change neglected to make sure everything was functional on the guild level. 

Now, I do not know what goes on to change a characters name in game be it programming or whatnot so I'm not going to pretend I know.  But right after the name change, the guild window still say's that the Guild Master is my old character's name. I could not edit emblems, Edit and assign ranks, edit guilds memo's. Weirdly and fortunately enough, I can still use Guild WoE skills such as recall. 

People who were taxed temporarily had to leave guild and be at the bottom ranks upon rejoining, efficiently removing them from rank benefits such guild storage access, guild invites, and expel powers.

Worst, during WoE, we could not ally or un-ally other guilds which really affects how we play the game. Mind you for the 35-40 people in the guild present during war.

Additionally, I also submitted (2) tickets regarding treasure loot. Guild leaders who read this post know, we lost guild treasure spawns after the extended maintenance last week. As per Aaron's (p2w guild leader) recommendation, I submitted a ticket for the missing treasure spawns. I received an email last night, approx 9:30pm est from Support "claiming" that the issue has been resolved and the boxes have been restored with HE bubblegum effects. Checked my character right away and alas, No items from chests whatsoever. At this point, I do not know if GMs have a disconnect on the support team. Why would a GM claim an issue has been resolved when it clearly wasn't? It's either whoever are handling tickets are super negligent or very incompetent. I'm really sorry about ranting about this on forums but Support has lead me no choice. Messaged @Campitor- no response not even read, messaged CMAstra- no response, not even read. How can I escalate these issues then? 

With this all mind, I researched who are actually in corporate to complain ( yes you can research them, its public knowledge) because at the end of the day, this game is a business and we players are customers. Bad work ethic/negligence has to be made aware to the higher -ups if issues aren't being resolved. I followed the hierarchy of command and here we are. I have composed an email to the producer of iRO and the Director of Ragnarok at Gravity Interactive Inc. Ready to be sent tonight after a few proof reading. 

I am on the verge of quitting the game altogether, I can tolerate bugs, or any ingame drama, griefings (not that we have experienced it) it is part of the game. But this is the very 1st time, the support team of a game has made me want to quit & when I do will be encouraging all the core members of the guild to do the same. I really do not like blackmailing people and people may look at this post as such but without a big commotion I dont think GMs or support really care enough to do something.

Im really hoping that someone from the GM team or support can read this because I love the game, love playing it with my guild and we have invested alot of time and emotions on this game already. 

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:31 AM

Now, I do not know what goes on to change a characters name in game be it programming or whatnot so I'm not going to pretend I know. But right after the name change, the guild window still say's that the Guild Master is my old character's name. I could not edit emblems, Edit and assign ranks, edit guilds memo's. Weirdly and fortunately enough, I can still use Guild WoE skills such as recall.

I got you adding you to the list for this week.

#10 arcobalenocai

arcobalenocai

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:38 AM

Thank you @Campitor, still would be sending email to corporate to notify them of  what is going on. Again not a threat and not your fault but support has to be responsible for their actions. We can't have support only acting when I create a thread like this on forums and make a scene.

#11 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:47 AM

Thank you @Campitor, still would be sending email to corporate to notify them of  what is going on. Again not a threat and not your fault but support has to be responsible for their actions. We can't have support only acting when I create a thread like this on forums and make a scene.

Currently the support needs some retraining which is why we had a meeting on tuesday regarding their policies with a focus on the user concerns that players shared with Astra and I over the last week. Mostly covering timely responses, finding reasons to be helpful rather than looking to deny, and providing support in game.

Edit: looking at your ticket numbers.. I had already fast tracked you for this week due to the earlier PM sent by someone else..

#12 alybae

alybae

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:26 PM

WOOOOW GMs..

We asked for you to fix our guild, not to change our guild name to our guild leaders name!!! 

I CANT WITH THIS SERVER'S GMS ANYMORE.

#13 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:32 PM

Oh -_- I think I even remember this from back in the day. Good luck on getting GM competence, it's not an easy task.

#14 arcobalenocai

arcobalenocai

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:34 PM

We are now renamed from Freshmen to Cai Mathis Guild. No fix and they manage to break the guild even more. this defines the word Incompetence to the T.

#15 alybae

alybae

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:36 PM

So what's the excuse now???

#16 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:38 PM

absolutely go make a new character under the old name, get yourself double recall since they dont seem to want to fix the problem

#17 alybae

alybae

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:42 PM

I want to see GM's job descriptions and want to see what they actually accomplish cus I don't see anything getting fixed at this point. -_- 

1 month guild is broken then guild name is changed. what the actual f!! 

#18 alybae

alybae

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:44 PM

Do you guys even look over what you are working on???Are any of the gms/support held accountable for the work that they are doing? 

Edited by alybae, 22 October 2020 - 08:45 PM.

#19 Betsalel

Betsalel

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:45 PM

Can you please Change the Guild Name back to Freshmen then Change the Guild Master to Cai Mathis. Come on.... if you can't do this just give us enough exp to lvl a guild to 28 so we can just remake our broken guild!!!! https://gyazo.com/25...eb0f03c7adccffc @campitor

Edited by Betsalel, 22 October 2020 - 08:46 PM.

#20 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:53 PM

LOL @ the GM Team giving Freshmen the ultimate troll!

#21 alybae

alybae

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:59 PM

So what's going to happen now @campitor??

#22 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:06 PM

/breakguild so we can rush and take your Valf 5 castle!

:gg:

#23 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:10 PM

I have responded to your PM. But in short this is not excusable on their part and now you are owed game compensation for this. They should have done a basic check to verify that the fix was correct. Failing 3 times is not okay.

#24 alybae

alybae

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 04:39 AM

I have responded to your PM. But in short this is not excusable on their part and now you are owed game compensation for this. They should have done a basic check to verify that the fix was correct. Failing 3 times is not okay.

I'm hoping that the 'fix' would be done before war. I want to sympathize but I really can't at this point. Idk what is going on within your organization, all I know is that whoever handled this case needs to be held accountable.

Something needs to change within warp portal if you want this server to be successful. It's going to be a hard battle since it really is on the way down at this point. I really wish you, Campitor, good luck. You have lots of battles ahead, I guess.

#25 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 23 October 2020 - 06:48 AM

It's not as if this is an unknown problem, it's happened before. Also they can't fix your guild without a maint. If the guild was bigger / you were an iRO veteran they would do this for you. But if you're unimportant they won't. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users