October 22nd Transcendence Maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 22nd Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#51 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 October 2020 - 06:38 AM

So Toxic. 

Asking for information about a quest that broke the economy and gave one particular guild a huge advantage is perfectly fine. Especially after they nerf it after public knowledge of the quest bug coming out, and not dealing with the people who abused it.

how is it toxic? part of the game is finding discoveries of the game. im pretty sure when ragnarok first release, the dev/creators doesnt write step by step guide to every quest in game, even monster respawn timer, people figured out themself. stop being toxic towards people who actually plays the game

#52 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 October 2020 - 06:39 AM

damn

#53 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 23 October 2020 - 06:55 AM

*snip*

#54 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:17 AM

a quest that broke the economy 

Almost none of the items from the quest ever entered the economy. In what way did the economy break? 

For myself, someone who buys WoE materials and sells castle treasure the quest had zero impact on my buying and selling. The economy on this server has actually been pretty stable the past few months. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 23 October 2020 - 07:21 AM.

#55 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:18 AM

*snip*

I removed conspiracy theories regarding my teams motivations for updates. 

1.When I went in I expected to find a bug where I would have to remove items from p2w. But what I discovered is that on the Rachel script, turning in the Hoe would cause the dwarf to start a timer. At the end of 1 hour and 3 seconds on that timer the dwarf would then spawn a new kublin.

On the Juno script, turning in a Hoe did not have the dwarf start that timer. However the dwarf was still scripted with the timer so that 1 hr and 3 seconds later it would spawn a new Kublin if the timer has been started.

I went through the scripts since 2009 - 2011(Last update to the script) and consistently every update that timer was there. Enabled on Rachel and Juno but just not being started by the Juno script.

The only thing I can conclude from that is that the timer is intended to be part of the WoE 2 dungeon event, because why else would someone way back then script a timer with several steps giving warnings about time running out and then starting a respawn? That has to be an intentional inclusion in the script. I suspect if you would review footage from the two realms you would find that the paper event was only time limited in one realm, since the respawn is tied to that time limited event.

2. We are perfectly willing to ban anyone for things we can confirm. I won't go into history about any user but our past has shown this. 

3. We are taking corrective action to implement the missing mvps to fix the issue with Blood Branches spawning things not currently available. The items are already out there so making them more widely available via this method is the way forward.

#56 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:22 AM

I'm assuming they didn't know any better.
(Are you sure they didn't mistake the time limit on the event for a spawn timer? Maybe they thought it was weird that it didn't respawn? Maybe something something.....)

I doubt that causing saturation and adding advance gear of your episode is wise. But you did put in XYZ updates in front of trans AND severely lack real zero content, so I can't say I'm entirely shocked. 

Edited by Campitor, 23 October 2020 - 07:30 AM.

#57 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:37 AM

I'm assuming they didn't know any better.
(Are you sure they didn't mistake the time limit on the event for a spawn timer? Maybe they thought it was weird that it didn't respawn? Maybe something something.....)

I doubt that causing saturation and adding advance gear of your episode is wise. But you did put in XYZ updates in front of trans AND severely lack real zero content, so I can't say I'm entirely shocked. 

It was there even in the first version of the script we have from before the update went live. The timer is explicitly calling a respawner.

#58 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:44 AM

Yeah I see. The line calling the monster controller was removed at some point in sch, - also I didn't realize the quest map summons Poporings to clean up after, that's creative. 

Are you going to get the kRO version to compare with? 

Edited by HikariYari, 23 October 2020 - 07:46 AM.

#59 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:47 AM

Yeah I see. I didn't realize the quest map summons Poporings to clean up after, that's creative. 

Are you going to get the kRO version to compare with? 

We already discussed it with the studio. They confirmed that iRO should change the timer as we did. I don't know if they have the original script or if there is some hyper updated kRO script. My woe active kRO contact says they don't remember Kublin ever being a thing when they played on kRO.

#60 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:49 AM

I don't blame them, it wasn't a popular thing.

The shady stuff about sch calling aru wasn't needed. "Oops calling the monster controller line was missing" is enough :< 

#61 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:50 AM

I don't blame them, it wasn't a popular thing.

The shady stuff about sch calling aru wasn't needed. "Oops calling the monster controller line was missing" is enough :< 

Sch is trying to call aru on part of the script though. That is what I noticed first because thats a common mistake when scripts are cloned across maps. From there I was back tracking what npc was manipulating that npc that was calling aru npcs and thats where I found the controller line was missing.

#62 Arthurlol

Arthurlol

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:51 AM

Can you tell us what is the current respaw from Kublin?

#63 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:52 AM

Can you tell us what is the current respaw from Kublin?

Hi,

I posted an update about that and whats coming here: https://forums.warpp...ine-10-23-2020/

Sch is trying to call aru on part of the script though. That is what I noticed first because thats a common mistake when scripts are cloned across maps. From there I was back tracking what npc was manipulating that npc that was calling aru npcs and thats where I found the controller line was missing.

This is a complete word salad but I hope you get what I am saying.

#64 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:54 AM

I won't say too much but... 

enablenpc "Monster Controler#sch_gd"
this is missing I see no calls to Aru

Edited by HikariYari, 23 October 2020 - 07:54 AM.

#65 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:56 AM

I won't say too much but... 

enablenpc "Monster Controler#sch_gd"
this is missing I see no calls to Aru

Do you know the source of the script you are looking at? The iRO script called aru clown from the sch realm.

#66 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:04 AM

I do know what version I'm looking at. And I'm comparing with some others. There are servers that had repeat spawns in both, and others that didn't in both. 

Well what I'm seeing is sch Pierrot being called in korean and aru in english. So I'm guessing aru was customized for whatever reason

I don't think Pierrot has anything to do with the timer. 

Edited by HikariYari, 23 October 2020 - 08:07 AM.

#67 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:07 AM

I do know what version I'm looking at. And I'm comparing with some others. There are servers that had repeat spawns in both, and others that didn't in both. 

Well what I'm seeing is sch pierrot being called in korean and aru in english. So I'm guessing aru was customized for whatever reason

Its really looking like the repeat spawn is the intended mechanic. Checking my archive for LU PH it also was bugged exactly like the iROs.

#68 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:10 AM

Its really looking like the repeat spawn is the intended mechanic. Checking my archive for LU PH it also was bugged exactly like the iROs.

Not so for fRO, but for others - that's what happens when scripts are shared.

The repeat spawn sounds concerning to me. I've seen first hand what it can produce, it is not pretty. 

#69 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:10 AM

Well what I'm seeing is sch Pierrot being called in korean and aru in english. So I'm guessing aru was customized for whatever reason

I don't think Pierrot has anything to do with the timer. 

On iRO Pierrot has the timer for the event to limit access in the room, warp everyone out and to trigger the 'controler' to spawn again.

#70 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:14 AM

Well the version I'm looking at is from when it was working fine on iRO in 2011/2012, when iRO handed their copy of the NPC to aRO.  

uE8WOq0.gif

Pierrot used to bug in letting guildmembers in - that's what we asked for help with

Anyway if you want dumps from pRO/fRO/mRO/jRO/thRO/thRO feel free to ask. We can solve this mystery as a team.

mmm no when we farmed it on classic the timer started when we hit the dwarf, not when we finished the event. 

Edited by HikariYari, 23 October 2020 - 08:22 AM.

#71 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:22 AM

Not so for fRO, but for others - that's what happens when scripts are shared.

The repeat spawn sounds concerning to me. I've seen first hand what it can produce, it is not pretty. 

It has always been my experience that kRO translates from Korean -> Local Language for every server I was involved with. So whatever script they used for PH would have come from a kRO source.

The way the fix was handled was the only way I could move forward. It became apparent to make that this has been the mechanic across every server I had scripts for unless that server went out of their way to nerf Kublin and his rewards.

Which meant Juno realm was always supposed to have a respawn and for 11 years was broken. I can't ban a guild for another realm bring broken not giving enough rewards even if everyone assumed it was right. That is just not right. So I have to make it available for every realm for a time and then look at adjusting the rewards/encounter. Priority is going to be in draining out the items produced.

#72 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:25 AM

I'm sure.

On Classic the respawn timer started when we triggered the event, not when we finished it.

I also only see the clown controlling the event variables and timer. 

#73 AkM002

AkM002

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:26 AM

Almost none of the items from the quest ever entered the economy. In what way did the economy break? 

For myself, someone who buys WoE materials and sells castle treasure the quest had zero impact on my buying and selling. The economy on this server has actually been pretty stable the past few months. 

In a way that some people had access to items already that should not be implemented yet since the map is not yet on the current update of the server..

Having those items give undue advantage to the guild.. in terms of the ability to kill or the ability to be killed... 

Having gears that is not supposed to be on the update yet or any of the maps in game gives superior advantage items wise for the guild members than the other guilds... 

Thus leading to being able to hold more castle with ease of depending due to item disparity... 

Bloody Branch.... Boss summons on Bloody Branch... that the server does not have map update yet... 

#74 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:29 AM

I'm sure.

On Classic the respawn timer started when we triggered the event, not when we finished it.

I also only see the clown controlling the event variables and timer. 

On iRO the timer is triggered from dwarf on turn in to clown. At the end of the event pass or fail clown does clean up then tells controller to respawn. The issue with aru in the sch script is in the past from time to time if the npc can't complete a line (say talking to another npc across zones because its sending to the wrong realm) it just stops and doesn't complete the lines below it.

#75 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:52 AM

so what you're saying is, it would have been fine if the controller line wasn't missing AND the maps were on the same zone? 

This stuff never ceases to amaze me when I see it in action

l8rK6IU.gif

p.s: I can't believe we're having this conversation. 

Edited by HikariYari, 23 October 2020 - 08:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users