Ledger of death casting coma on self intended? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ledger of death casting coma on self intended?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:15 AM

So i recently bought a ledger of death and was happy till i noticed myself dying randomly. After actually paying attention to whats happening my hp suddenly goes down to 1 and sp down to 0...yes coma effect. I never saw anyone complain about dying to coma when using ledger of death and always see people recommend this book so i can only assume this is a bug?

#2 Sorakie

Sorakie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:25 AM

Probably a target bug like campfire hat had in the past, I could be wrong though.

If the target is not valid (Not demi-human) you eat the coma I suppose? No idea if it's a feature or bug.

Could you test it on demi-human if the effect work on them and if the coma is random on self or target.

So yes.

Edited by Sorakie, 31 October 2020 - 10:27 AM.

#3 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:33 AM

Maybe reflect damage from something is making it say you are attacking yourself?

#4 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:49 AM

Maybe reflect damage from something is making it say you are attacking yourself?

Yea i thought it was some wonky reflect thing from my mad bunny but coma from ledger of death targets yourself whether you have reflect dmg or not it seems

#5 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:17 AM

Yea i thought it was some wonky reflect thing from my mad bunny but coma from ledger of death targets yourself whether you have reflect dmg or not it seems

I meant the monster having some sort of reflect damage, not yourself. I used to find it funny that if you put something like leech end on a warlock, the leech end damage counts as them damaging themself, and their staff of destruction would make them jupitel thunder themself. Some weird stuff like that.

#6 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:52 AM

I meant the monster having some sort of reflect damage, not yourself. I used to find it funny that if you put something like leech end on a warlock, the leech end damage counts as them damaging themself, and their staff of destruction would make them jupitel thunder themself. Some weird stuff like that.

Ah no the monsters im facing having no reflect dmg. I saw some old vids of people using leech end on mvps wish i was around then  :heh: .

#7 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:55 AM

What are you using it on?

I used ledger of death before on a sage/scholar/sorc and don't remember it happening. 

#8 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:58 AM

Ah no the monsters im facing having no reflect dmg. I saw some old vids of people using leech end on mvps wish i was around then  :heh: .

Can actually use it on mobs that have like 80m hp and it'd do insane damage, so long as they aren't boss protocol. What skills are you using with the ledger, or is it just auto attacks?

#9 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:59 AM

What are you using it on?

I used ledger of death before on a sage/scholar/sorc and don't remember it happening. 

Im playing a Taekwon Master now. You brought up something interesting ill try it out on my sorc but it shouldnt matter the class i think.

#10 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:03 PM

Can actually use it on mobs that have like 80m hp and it'd do insane damage, so long as they aren't boss protocol. What skills are you using with the ledger, or is it just auto attacks?

On my Taekwon Master i use SLS Union and Tornado kick along with the autocasts from advanced ror+rofl. I compare it with my crimson bible and theres definitely something wrong with the ledger.

#11 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:06 PM

Are you fighting demi-human enemies?

It shouldn't even proc it I don't think unless you are, or as Krit said, the enemies are reflecting it back to you.

What monsters are you fighting?

#12 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:15 PM

Are you fighting demi-human enemies?

It shouldn't even proc it I don't think unless you are, or as Krit said, the enemies are reflecting it back to you.

What monsters are you fighting?

No im not fighting any demi humans, Im hunting in brasilis field for headless mule card.

#13 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:40 PM

Not sure what's happening -- but for the sake of experimentation, I set my sorc to attack with the ledger of death on the eggs (not demihuman either) for 30+ minutes (the length of an awakening pot) and it never lost HP. I had it over 50% weight so if it did, wouldn't auto heal. 

Dunno man, might be something else or some strange interaction of gear/effects causing it. 

#14 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:52 PM

Can you try hunting other monster than a headless mule? If it is still happening. Maybe something wrong with that monster.

#15 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:54 PM

Not sure what's happening -- but for the sake of experimentation, I set my sorc to attack with the ledger of death on the eggs (not demihuman either) for 30+ minutes (the length of an awakening pot) and it never lost HP. I had it over 50% weight so if it did, wouldn't auto heal. 

Dunno man, might be something else or some strange interaction of gear/effects causing it. 

Try fighting a monster i had tried to test it on eggs too it didnt go off but when im hunting the monsters in brasilis it did

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 31 October 2020 - 12:54 PM.

#16 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:18 PM

Ok i tried it just now on my Sorc too and i didnt see that coma go off either. Try to test it on a none Sorc class like Taekwon Master or AB.  Coma went off on my Taekwon Master while using union sadly i dont have a AB to try it on aswell.

Can you try hunting other monster than a headless mule? If it is still happening. Maybe something wrong with that monster.

I tried it out on my sorc headless mule isnt the problem. Its either a non Sorc class problem or a TKM using Union problem someone needs to try it on their AB.

#17 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:32 PM

I think it's Union's HP loss mechanic that treats it as if  you are attacking yourself; same as what Krit said above. 

#18 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:35 PM

I think it's Union's HP loss mechanic that treats it as if  you are attacking yourself; same as what Krit said above. 

Yeah the hp drain from that skill probably makes it look as if you are hitting yourself, so... stop hitting yourself

#19 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:39 PM

Seems so unless someone tries on AB

Yeah the hp drain from that skill probably makes it look as if you are hitting yourself, so... stop hitting yourself

:heh:

#20 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:42 PM

Seems so unless someone tries on AB

:heh:

Really just gotta try it on a taekwon with and without that skill, the one not using it shouldn't run into that problem.

#21 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 02:21 PM

Really just gotta try it on a taekwon with and without that skill, the one not using it shouldn't run into that problem.

Yea its 100% union. The only reason im playing TKM is cause i was interested in Union and of course star emperor. Guess it slipped my mind to try without union  :heh:.

Cased closed ty for the help guys  :no1:

#22 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 31 October 2020 - 03:00 PM

Yea its 100% union. The only reason im playing TKM is cause i was interested in Union and of course star emperor. Guess it slipped my mind to try without union  :heh:.

Cased closed ty for the help guys  :no1:

I leveled mine recently, using the solar heat skill was pretty fun.

#23 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:05 PM

I leveled mine recently, using the solar heat skill was pretty fun.

Try the Heat skills in union with crit dmg gear  :rice:

#24 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 01 November 2020 - 09:15 AM

Try the Heat skills in union with crit dmg gear  :rice:

Didn't wanna deal with the hp% drainage from union, especially when i'm hitting 20+ mobs at a time like 10x per second, lol. Insta-death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users