What is the reason for the low population of RT or why did you stop playing it? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What is the reason for the low population of RT or why did you stop playing it?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 Harukashuji

Harukashuji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:trascendence

Posted 12 December 2020 - 06:26 AM

tell what is the reason for the low population, or why they have stopped playing RT, I still like the server, I do not understand why people left o.o

#2 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 12 December 2020 - 06:36 AM

1. some gm are obsessed to become RoT in a Third Job server with Max lvl 150/50. (Nobody wants to play in a server like that)

2. Very slow to update the server.

3. People was expecting a  RO:ZERO server but this is something quite different, limited in gears and instances and new kRO dungeons. ()

4. Bot are the main players there. 

#3 Harukashuji

Harukashuji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 06:50 AM

but a poll was done to see if people wanted 3rd job and everyone was against it, I guess the CMs will not implement it or if? and instances are adding, somewhat slow but they are adding T_T

#4 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 12 December 2020 - 08:06 AM

cuz.... im hacked xD
but i have my footing back, so im playing again

#5 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 08:58 AM

after gettin` your char to 99, there's nothing else to do. then staffs opened up woe like 4 or 6 months after server opens which took forever same with other updates like trans and some instances/gear enchant options. that concludes updates get delayed and delayed and ppls got tired of it

#6 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 December 2020 - 10:14 AM

Want updates? Get 3rd Jobs first :)

#7 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:05 PM

Well basically being able to level up at ridiculous speeds, not even 1 day to 99.

Around 2 weeks at the start of the server, 2 days for rebirth. Also leech partys being as efficient as small leveling party is stupid. (Getting to 99 should take around 3-4 months for hardcore players making auras meaningful)

No challenge, rewards are not proportional to the efforts, like some fever dungeon with 0 risk, bot friendly.

OP knight skills which allow you to farm every single map, killed all partys and classes. Wizzards no longer had a point to exist since knights with x3 hp & x10 dmg can instant AoE mobs.

Other reasons are not that important at least to me. Bots are gonna bot aslong as there is $$$ involved.
I played to get fun with friends not to be the best player on the server, but the terrible balance killed it to me.

Edited by Panteperu, 12 December 2020 - 12:08 PM.

#8 TinyNika

TinyNika

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Dumpster Fire

Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:24 PM

A complete lack of anything interesting to do outside of WoE is what's killing the game. Also when Camp decided to prevent anyone else from spamming Kublin and patched it, that was a backhanded slap to the entire community.

#9 Kyrios99999

Kyrios99999

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:25 PM

Well basically being able to level up at ridiculous speeds, not even 1 day to 99.

Around 2 weeks at the start of the server, 2 days for rebirth. Also leech partys being as efficient as small leveling party is stupid. (Getting to 99 should take around 3-4 months for hardcore players making auras meaningful)

No challenge, rewards are not proportional to the efforts, like some fever dungeon with 0 risk, bot friendly.

OP knight skills which allow you to farm every single map, killed all partys and classes. Wizzards no longer had a point to exist since knights with x3 hp & x10 dmg can instant AoE mobs.

Other reasons are not that important at least to me. Bots are gonna bot aslong as there is $$$ involved.
I played to get fun with friends not to be the best player on the server, but the terrible balance killed it to me.

This.

Lord / Knights are way too strong with BB and BS, and with Earth Deleter they basically have infinite SP. It makes the leveling dynamics into having a Knight and a leech because that's the best way. How is it balanced that they're able to wipe an entire screen of mobs in 1 shot.

Levelling is too easy. Should've increased the EXP requirements a bit (but not to the insane amount like Classic was) so that people will play the game longer. A lot of people left because they hit 99/70 in a couple days and then what?

The gears with options should've scaled with the gear levels. Ofc nobody is interested wearing Trans gears because the usual CM, Coat, etc. are decked out with amazing options. Make it so Trans gears have an enchant and those enchants are stronger than the lower-level ones (e.g. a Coat should only have +10% resistance or +10 ATK max. while a Full Plate or Valk Armor can have higher option stats).

#10 Xsansao

Xsansao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:49 PM

I left in late may (i like to come to the forum from time to time just to check the situation) mostly because of the bot situation and how ineffective the staff was handling this problem, felt like the server was doomed  and it was a lost cause... Apparently i was right.

What is the server population now?

Edited by Xsansao, 12 December 2020 - 12:50 PM.

#11 TinyNika

TinyNika

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Dumpster Fire

Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:53 PM

I left in late may (i like to come to the forum from time to time just to check the situation) mostly because of the bot situation and how ineffective the staff was handling this problem, felt like the server was doomed  and it was a lost cause... Apparently i was right.

What is the server population now?

You could log in and find out.

#12 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 02:52 PM

They killed it when they banned Brazilian from creating accounts and made it very expensive for brazilians to buy KP. Only the hardcore brazilian players stayed after that, and when they quit, the server pretty much died. I don't know the real numbers, but I guess that brazilians were once 70-80% of the population.

If you just looked at the most popular br streamer and YouTube content creator for RT (Conrado), every stream and in every video there was multiple people asking him how to create an account on the server. This pretty much killed the passive influx on casual players of the largest community in the server.

#13 Kyrios99999

Kyrios99999

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 04:37 PM

They killed it when they banned Brazilian from creating accounts and made it very expensive for brazilians to buy KP. Only the hardcore brazilian players stayed after that, and when they quit, the server pretty much died. I don't know the real numbers, but I guess that brazilians were once 70-80% of the population.

If you just looked at the most popular br streamer and YouTube content creator for RT (Conrado), every stream and in every video there was multiple people asking him how to create an account on the server. This pretty much killed the passive influx on casual players of the largest community in the server.

Man that's messed up... imagine a company that doesn't want patronage lol. I remember when the server opened at Jan-Feb there's usually 3k people playing in the server.

#14 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 05:34 PM

Essentially nothing to do, I'd love to play if there was.

1. Leveling was too easy, I was 99 trans in a day. Leveling should have taken way longer. How is it okay to be done with leveling in a single day? I understand not everybody levels this quickly, but the EXP table was just a joke considering 99 was the highest attainable level. I took a week off work for trans and was finished in a day.

2. No gear upgrades, while gear options was a great addition, we've been using shoes/mufflers/coats for over 6 months from easy dungeons. We've had a bunch of new dungeons come out and their gear is worthless due to the lack of options. How is okay to be using the same set of gear for over 6 months? It means there's nothing to do ingame.

3. WoE timetable was quite unfriendly. WoE 2 when it came out should have been swapped to the WoE 1 time and we really shouldn't have had 2 WoEs back to back because it led to guild burnout. WoE 2 should have the saturday slot (since when it releases it should be the more competitive WoE) and WoE 1 should have been swapped to a weekday.

If any (hopefully all) of these issues are fixed, I'd love to keep playing.

Edited by Hrishi, 13 December 2020 - 04:33 PM.

#15 kebryi

kebryi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 10:32 PM

In KRO; Zero, there is something called, Memorial Dungeon You farm material to get set armor. You farm Poring dungeon (Poring Village) for Shards to create orb for creation of those set armor. Those set of armor have 1-3 tier equipment, you can enchant these equipment with class specific enchant that boost class skills to make those class stronger. Poring Village and Memorial Dungeon are once a day per account. This help low to high tier level player make zeny and hold the player base better. As there is a goal to reach that is not too fast and not to slow. I would suggest opening a new server using Kro: Zero as its base 1 : 1. Cheater should alright be ban. Or roll back on those account. There is a reason why there is a Terms of Service...If you don't enforce your rules, why bother to create them? For show? <_>; Poring is dead. The sooner they open a true KRO: zero, the better. Any new update should be up to the player base to vote.

Edited by kebryi, 12 December 2020 - 10:33 PM.

#16 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 02:57 AM

tell what is the reason for the low population, or why they have stopped playing RT, I still like the server, I do not understand why people left o.o

This is what caused the downfall of the server.

And the guild that abused it, officially quit a week ago, only about another month after this video came out.

#17 Xsansao

Xsansao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 05:21 AM

You could log in and find out.

no -_- hahaha

there is a reason why i asked, but thanks anyway :)

#18 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 13 December 2020 - 07:48 AM

This is what caused the downfall of the server.

And the guild that abused it, officially quit a week ago, only about another month after this video came out.

OMG, NUG! First WoEs were on Iris with you leading in Sapients, my dude. Good times! I won't ever forget my introduction to WoE thanks to you (and I still love the Crusader line! <3 )

#19 MoonlitAjisai

MoonlitAjisai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:Chaos & Poring

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:19 AM

Preeeeeeeeeeetty much everything Debo's video said. I love that gears had random stats and stuff added to them which made grinding actually fun...but there's nothing now for transcendent classes that is worth grinding for. There's not enough variety in things to do. There's none of the special quests and other features they promised, nor any indication that they're going to come. There's just.... nothing for a non PvP player really. Chaos is way more fun, the community is nicer, I have eons of gear stacked up and can just enjoy leveling really chill. 

I don't care about the bots but now that the economy is absolute trash, you can't even sell *good* items.

#20 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:32 AM

so a bug exploit kill the server?

go figure

#21 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:39 AM

Just the toxic guild did. Other guilds didn't.

#22 JerrySpringer

JerrySpringer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 10:21 AM

Just like Classic server and the re:start server.

Mismanagement by the GMs. I saw this coming that is why I didn’t bother with re:start and RoT.

#23 kebryi

kebryi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 03:16 PM

I made a report way back then when the server was just fresh, that I notice that the same bug, scammer, glitches, dupe that use to plagued the original Ro way back then is enable on this version of Ro. Since Korean player tend to not abuse glitches, these bugs are not patched on their server. I guess, my warning was not taken seriously..  

#24 Harukashuji

Harukashuji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 06:07 AM

So the main reason is because of the bug that this guild took advantage of? just because of that the server crashed? what a bad wave T_T

#25 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:20 PM

Limited gears, everybody use the same thing.. bots everywhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users