What is the reason for the low population of RT or why did you stop playing it? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What is the reason for the low population of RT or why did you stop playing it?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#26 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:14 AM

WP mismanagement on an insane level.

#27 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:13 AM

people that watches debos vid and not really knowing the content or the other side of the story let me tell you, what he says is only 1/4 true. there was a bug thats been around iRO server, present and past since woe 2.0 guild dungeon came out in late 2009 but was discovered somewhere between 2014 during the classic server. in 2014, the bug has been reported by xellie and multiple other people about it, and it was ignored and they said that it was intended, so in 2014, since the staff said it was intended, then people played the game the way it was "intended". fast forward to 2020 on RT server, people in a certain guild, has knowledge from past iRO server where some "intended" feature was discovered. so when 2.0 guild dungeon came out, in this server, we used our knowledge to use the "intended" feature thats been around for so long. however, we wanted to make sure again that it was intended. so the guild leader who discovered the "feature" pm campitor about it, and campitor said that it will remain unchanged. so thats that. couple weeks later, people discovered on how a certain guild was able to have access to certain gear thats not in the game yet. and campitor confirms it that they obtain it thru the "intended feature" thats been around the game since 2009. ( he went and check the scripts and all the necesary files from present and past RO server, from the begining of the woe 2.0 update). after doing alot of digging, campitor discovered that whatever that certain guild was doing, is actually legit, and that there was a bug on the script, however the bug is actually on the other guild dungeon which has nothing to do with the feature, the guild been using.

to put it, theres a feature. but it was only working for 1 of the 2 guild dungeons. people cry on forums because they have 0 knowledge of this feature, and that campitor is wrong and iro wiki ( a fan base ragnarok website) is right about how the game supposed to be scripted. like lets be honest here. if people found the most effecient ways to obtain item, levels, zeny in a legit way after confirming with the staff itself, wouldnt u keep it to urself? and thats what the guild did and people got mad and said that what they doing was illegal lmao.

anyways enough about thhat. people quit RT because theres certainly nothing to do. like what else is there to do? theres really no need to upgrade your gears now because coats/muffler/shoes with the right enchant, which i obtained 9months ago and my 9months old gear is all there is to it on this server. ive said multiple times, multiple post about adding enchant to newer armors/mvp drops. but they got ignored, or they wrote it in patch notes, but its been 5months and nothing ever changed. they promised balanced patch for certain skills, yet nothing has been done. they made a poll about woe time, 3/4 of the people voted to swap woe times for FE and SE to be swapped. but like typical warportal, the poll is pretty much useless because they chose a time slot where 2% of the community voted. 1 more thing is the reality of alot of RO servers. is that alot of people that did play RT, played it to make irl profits. and at the current state of the server right now, theres literally no more profit to be made. people constantly undercutting each other on their gears just to scrape of the crumbs to make zeny to sell and devalue almost every piece of gear thats available which made alot of gear/mvps not even worth farming anymore.

also woe scene is dead. people were already quiting because of the toxicity people did during woe, for the sake of getting back at them for talking -_- on a -_- talk discord. toxicity turns into frustration and have your guild members leaving woe cuz is not fun getting grief in ur inn. also cheaters who kept using nodelays and we pointed it out and they chose to kept going with it, so we reported them and they got banned, and them saying it is GM favoritsm that they only banned the BRs. like come on, you blatantly cheats and expected not to get banned? anyways heres an example of 1 of the toxic woe. it took me 5mins to get out of that loop, i literally had to open another client and find the actual map to break the loop.

Edited by ElenaGilbert, 17 December 2020 - 03:17 AM.

#28 Justinklr

Justinklr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTemeria
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:29 AM

I will tell what i have seen so far

• In it's peak the server had 36xx~37xx players. Then there was no content and peolple thought that this was kro: zero but it wasn't. So they quit.
  • There was 26xx players during woe for quite a time and the GM got the bright idea of telling us that they would, in the future, implement 3rd class. Next woe there was only 16xx players.
  • The "bug exploit" was discovered and then the population droped to 6xx~7xx... after this i don't know anymore.

#29 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:03 AM

people that watches debos vid and not really knowing the content or the other side of the story let me tell you, what he says is only 1/4 true. there was a bug thats been around iRO server, present and past since woe 2.0 guild dungeon came out in late 2009 but was discovered somewhere between 2014 during the classic server. in 2014, the bug has been reported by xellie and multiple other people about it, and it was ignored and they said that it was intended, so in 2014, since the staff said it was intended, then people played the game the way it was "intended". fast forward to 2020 on RT server, people in a certain guild, has knowledge from past iRO server where some "intended" feature was discovered. so when 2.0 guild dungeon came out, in this server, we used our knowledge to use the "intended" feature thats been around for so long. however, we wanted to make sure again that it was intended. so the guild leader who discovered the "feature" pm campitor about it, and campitor said that it will remain unchanged. so thats that. couple weeks later, people discovered on how a certain guild was able to have access to certain gear thats not in the game yet. and campitor confirms it that they obtain it thru the "intended feature" thats been around the game since 2009. ( he went and check the scripts and all the necesary files from present and past RO server, from the begining of the woe 2.0 update). after doing alot of digging, campitor discovered that whatever that certain guild was doing, is actually legit, and that there was a bug on the script, however the bug is actually on the other guild dungeon which has nothing to do with the feature, the guild been using.

to put it, theres a feature. but it was only working for 1 of the 2 guild dungeons. people cry on forums because they have 0 knowledge of this feature, and that campitor is wrong and iro wiki ( a fan base ragnarok website) is right about how the game supposed to be scripted. like lets be honest here. if people found the most effecient ways to obtain item, levels, zeny in a legit way after confirming with the staff itself, wouldnt u keep it to urself? and thats what the guild did and people got mad and said that what they doing was illegal lmao.

anyways enough about thhat. people quit RT because theres certainly nothing to do. like what else is there to do? theres really no need to upgrade your gears now because coats/muffler/shoes with the right enchant, which i obtained 9months ago and my 9months old gear is all there is to it on this server. ive said multiple times, multiple post about adding enchant to newer armors/mvp drops. but they got ignored, or they wrote it in patch notes, but its been 5months and nothing ever changed. they promised balanced patch for certain skills, yet nothing has been done. they made a poll about woe time, 3/4 of the people voted to swap woe times for FE and SE to be swapped. but like typical warportal, the poll is pretty much useless because they chose a time slot where 2% of the community voted. 1 more thing is the reality of alot of RO servers. is that alot of people that did play RT, played it to make irl profits. and at the current state of the server right now, theres literally no more profit to be made. people constantly undercutting each other on their gears just to scrape of the crumbs to make zeny to sell and devalue almost every piece of gear thats available which made alot of gear/mvps not even worth farming anymore.

also woe scene is dead. people were already quiting because of the toxicity people did during woe, for the sake of getting back at them for talking -_- on a -_- talk discord. toxicity turns into frustration and have your guild members leaving woe cuz is not fun getting grief in ur inn. also cheaters who kept using nodelays and we pointed it out and they chose to kept going with it, so we reported them and they got banned, and them saying it is GM favoritsm that they only banned the BRs. like come on, you blatantly cheats and expected not to get banned? anyways heres an example of 1 of the toxic woe. it took me 5mins to get out of that loop, i literally had to open another client and find the actual map to break the loop.

If you need all those words to explain why it was not an exploit, then it most likely was an exploit. Just because the same GM that killed the server said it was legal doesn't make it balanced or healthy for the server.

#30 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:07 AM

And now that Im reading the second part of it, you are just hiding the fact that Campitor announced that it was never intended to be every hour, its a 10 year script bug that you guys had "knowledge" of. Pathetic.

#31 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:36 AM

And now that Im reading the second part of it, you are just hiding the fact that Campitor announced that it was never intended to be every hour, its a 10 year script bug that you guys had "knowledge" of. Pathetic.

the one hour respawning is an intentional script. they just overlooked it and did nothing until couple weeks ago when they discovered that the script was only working for one of the guild dungeon only and fixed the other one to also has a respawning mechanics. whatever custom changes that camp did after that is out of my questions as he is one of the staff and decided for a balancing issues of having now 2 respawning mechanics. even with a custom changed time delay that campitor put on the respawns, we were still was able to get 100 bloody branches a week just like how we did before any changes were made. im sure that isnt the issue tho. the issue that people are crying that they didnt know about it sooner.

lets be honest here. people discover many things. being able to kill an unkillable mvps ahead of time because of what you called game knowledge by either using a non intended mechanic or not is part of a game discoveries. if we think it isnt right, we reported it and if we were given the green light to do so, we will do so. but of course you will ignore that and only pin point the fact that a guild were able to get ahead because they did something noone had any knowledge of because you guys needed someone or something to blame when everything goes south.

#32 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:42 AM

so a bug exploit kill the server?

go figure

A brazilian guy was releasing Bloody Branch with MVP not implemented yet. He was selling all those gears, people bought. Then WP deleted all those gears, he left, people left. Funny Cyclical story in iRO. 

#33 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:44 AM

^agreed 

the one hour respawning is an intentional script. they just overlooked it and did nothing until couple weeks ago when they discovered that the script was only working for one of the guild dungeon only and fixed the other one to also has a respawning mechanics. whatever custom changes that camp did after that is out of my questions as he is one of the staff and decided for a balancing issues of having now 2 respawning mechanics. even with a custom changed time delay that campitor put on the respawns, we were still was able to get 100 bloody branches a week just like how we did before any changes were made. im sure that isnt the issue tho. the issue that people are crying that they didnt know about it sooner.

lets be honest here. people discover many things. being able to kill an unkillable mvps ahead of time because of what you called game knowledge by either using a non intended mechanic or not is part of a game discoveries. if we think it isnt right, we reported it and if we were given the green light to do so, we will do so. but of course you will ignore that and only pin point the fact that a guild were able to get ahead because they did something noone had any knowledge of because you guys needed someone or something to blame when everything goes south.

From what I've read it seems that weather it was an "exploit" or not. 

It wasn't good for the server/world for example; oil Industry, Fracking and exploiting natural underground water. Lol

The guild should have chosen the higher ground; report (which they did) and protect it from being exploited (even from themselves) until it was "adjusted". 

We know the human race is greedy AF. 

Knowing what is "right" and what is the RIGHT thing to do; is not the same thing.

I don't blame the guild either because i would have done the same thing they did   :ph34r:

BUT for them to Q.Q about it, after they farmed the crap outta it. Blows my mind. Lol Just take your winning and keep quiet?

Kinda like human trafficking  :rolleyes:

Edited by abui951, 17 December 2020 - 11:17 AM.

#34 MoonlitAjisai

MoonlitAjisai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:Chaos & Poring

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:47 AM

lol people knew what they were doing. it's a "feature" that has been known about and reported for ages. debo is on the money with the shenanigans that happened. it's not the only issue that caused the downfall of the server, but it was a huge component. pretending otherwise isn't helpful. plus: the community was great at first but the lack of actual attention and slow implementation of features is another big issue. they should have just implemented 3rds after the mass exodus of players over it to see if it brought more players in.

#35 JerrySpringer

JerrySpringer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:32 PM

Reading all these makes me laugh and glad that i didn’t bother investing time and money in RO:T

Like come on. They failed in classic server and failed even harder in RE:Start (I didn’t bother with RE:Start too btw)

I saw these failures and inaction well before the new servers opened.

So what makes people think they will get it right the 3rd time!?

They just made money of y’all.

#36 JerrySpringer

JerrySpringer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:37 PM

WP mismanagement on an insane level.

Damn right

#37 Anoshka

Anoshka

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:23 PM

No faith... 

#38 LastPlaceLarey

LastPlaceLarey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:25 PM

Gravity is produced by dense objects, and you don't get much denser than the producers of Ragnarok. 

#39 LastPlaceLarey

LastPlaceLarey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:29 PM

Hewwo btw ^-^. Everyone knew ROT was gonna be a failure. The only thing "Zero" about ROT is that it has Zero Zero Content. 

#40 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:46 PM

Exploiter trying to justify his exploits. Just admit already that you guys were trying hard to be the best on that server and/or abused so hard and cashed out items to make some quick bucks. -_- server right lol

Anyway he did get some facts there esp, that part where most players were there to make money, to make a living out of it through RMT. There are these people in Chaos too.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 17 December 2020 - 01:47 PM.

#41 LastPlaceLarey

LastPlaceLarey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:55 PM

Honestly, I just stop by the forums when I hear there's a fire now. RT was doomed from the start and everyone and their mom knows this, so who could blame p2w for well winning for pay? iRO isn't good for its game experiences anymore and Campitor either doesn't know what zero is (somewhat likely) or wants to put his own vision forward that involves less work (more likely).

Newbie instances should have been made available when you had incoming players to the server. "Frenzy fields" shouldn't exist. Give the players actual fever maps and dungeons (THEY ARE FUN) and allow the content to be played through in the correct order and at a reasonable pace. Kowtowing to whining and putting in future dungeons so far in advance is nonsense. It always has been nonsense and it always will be. 

Did I mention that dynamic maps aren't fever maps? 

Anyway - tldr; knew iRO wasn't competent and pretty much told everyone I knew it was a waste of time playing there. And I think everyone knows. You'd have to be some amazing levels of drunk to think this is the time it'll finally work. Stop giving them money for doing a -_- job and maybe they'll fix their crap - cuz right now your $$$ probably just goes to the CEOs next Lambo. 

Love you Chakri, I'll drop you a message on yootuube. 

Peace! 

#42 JerrySpringer

JerrySpringer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 04:16 PM

^Exactly

#43 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:00 PM

Honestly, I just stop by the forums when I hear there's a fire now. RT was doomed from the start and everyone and their mom knows this, so who could blame p2w for well winning for pay? iRO isn't good for its game experiences anymore and Campitor either doesn't know what zero is (somewhat likely) or wants to put his own vision forward that involves less work (more likely).

Newbie instances should have been made available when you had incoming players to the server. "Frenzy fields" shouldn't exist. Give the players actual fever maps and dungeons (THEY ARE FUN) and allow the content to be played through in the correct order and at a reasonable pace. Kowtowing to whining and putting in future dungeons so far in advance is nonsense. It always has been nonsense and it always will be. 

Did I mention that dynamic maps aren't fever maps? 

Anyway - tldr; knew iRO wasn't competent and pretty much told everyone I knew it was a waste of time playing there. And I think everyone knows. You'd have to be some amazing levels of drunk to think this is the time it'll finally work. Stop giving them money for doing a -_- job and maybe they'll fix their crap - cuz right now your $$$ probably just goes to the CEOs next Lambo. 

Peace! 

^

Baby, we were the few who looked crazy; telling everyone that it wouldn't work out. 

And that was just skimming through there "plans".

I remember everyone was like "New World?!?! NEW ME!!!" band wagon; "Give them a chance"/"Don't pass judgment on in the server."/"the server just opened".

No dumb  :blahblah: , its the same people running this "new world/server".

It's was a new server, yes but when you have the same people in charge, running it; And we have seen there lack of attention/response to issues on pass server's, and server's that have died out/merged.

you gotta think like...?!! TF

#44 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:11 PM

-release a server with purposefully restricted content

-people start playing because it is a server with purposefully restricted content

-bitch that there isnt new content in a server with purposefully restricted content

-adds more content

-bitch that game is now too fast to get through, as new content sped up the pace of the server dramatically

-bitch that there's no new content on a server with purposefully restricted content

#45 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:35 PM

Peace!

Hope my legit 0 edits WoE vids will continue to bring enjoyment and joy to you and other viewers. Thanks and take care xD

#46 jajajohn

jajajohn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:47 PM

the woe 2 kublin event wasn't a bug - it's intended and just wasn't working for the other castle. it's actually quite sad and pathetic that they keep saying it was an exploit when the same kublin event existed from day 1 of woe 2.0 on the original servers. it should be nothing surprising to anyone who has played this game in the past 10 years - well, maybe not since most of you came from a private server where people dont/never have farmed in woe 2 guild dungeon. pretty funny as well that the brazilian bot ring farming oca every single day with their 100s of acolytes at the yoyo map never got banned after we reported them, and the next thing we hear is they sell them for $2 ea. then they come on forums and use a certain guild a scapegoat to why the server is dying. like hello - when you pump billions of zeny into the economy with your bot farms, stuff becomes worthless, and then you cannot even sell your zeny or oca. my favorite part is some of these RMT sellers complaining to people of the certain guild that they might quit because items are worthless.

also - this isn't 1:1 kRO zero - something that we were misled into. knight meta once again (surprise, surprise), fixed cast times on mages => worthless, easy leveling exp table, never-ending exp events. tbh i think people much preferred the "restart meta", and this version isn't really anything close to zero (it's also not fun). hmm also just lack of content, really. maint times are always extended cause always something wrong, lack of a GM team (no knowledge of game, useless support), and just boring.

pretty soon it will close+merge into chaos, and we will once again see some other variation of a pre-3rd class server with the same predictable issues. wp should just copy whatever kRO does since that's what people are most exciting for and be more engaged in the game.

#47 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:42 PM

Stopped playing RT because of exclusive items such as pre-reg costume, limited items, and titles. No real point in playing when you know you missed out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#48 arcobalenocai

arcobalenocai

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:32 AM

I spoke to campitor about the things that contributed to the decrease in RT players and here are my opinions.

1. Kublin- The majority of the BR community cried and left the server due to this. But I solely blame this one not on P2W but the management. A lot of players playing RT play because of nostalgia, players who played before, back in iRO chaos,loki,iris, classic whatever. Us players who just came back and totally new players for that matter do not know all the mechanics involved in the game. Players who are competitive will find ways to get information about the game, min-maxing, best in slots so on and so forth. But for players the only really source of information is iroWIKI, which, as we all know, is not updated and RT being RT has totally new mechanics  so RT does not conform to traditional RO mechanics from way back when. I did not know of the kublin mvp until an ally guild leader introduced that. As per iroWiki the kublin spawns only once, 1 hour after every maintenance. If every hour was the intended spawn rate, then they should have included it in patch notes when they introduced WoE 2.0, as a matter of fact the whole Kublin altogether was not mentioned at ALL. I really think that the management has given up acquiring totally new players to the game and ASSUMES that everyone has been playing non-stop all these years that these kinds of information is common knowledge without them giving the details. If I were on p2w shoes? I would have probably done the same, there is an addiction to getting further ahead. Was it healthy for the server? No. But let's face it. Every guild who wields that information  will do it to gain an advantage especially if the whole server is against you. Better communication with players is the keyword here. Management just assumed "everyone" knows about the 1 hour spawn.

2. Gears- No gear progression, after you get that perfect or almost perfect CM, Coat, Muff and shoes, your set for life. Nothing to work towards for after that. Been waiting for trans gear to have stat options and nada. I did like the random stat options tho. I think the server was the livelist and markets healthiest when the frenzy fields just started. Keeps you farming for that perfect stat gears.

3.WoE time- Like seriously, why put 1.0 and 2.0 back-to-back. Your players are old now. Majority of players have long played RO. Many have families. Sunday is "Family Time". That is why there is a lot more players playing 1.0 compared to 2.0. This is a no-brainer. I have not seen any major game events in other games held on a Sunday period. 

These here are just my personal opinions, Freshmen has already stopped playing WoE mainly due to the decreased population and low players during WoE. I have already quit the game and moved on. Will probably come back in spring if the server is healthier.

GG's to everyone we have played with. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users