Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE*** - Page 12 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE***

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

#276 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:01 PM

Whyyyyy.....

"During Warpportal's Password Change Campaign, you can earn rewards for changing your Warpportal and game account passwords between 12/14/2020 - 1/4/2021."

This was one and only official statement promised to players and there's nothing specific communicated in it.

Would you kindly ask you superlatives to have it reviewed before rewards are distributed, please?  :( 

Okay, so I followed up on this. This event was made to secure older accounts, and this restriction was to avoid accounts being created specifically to obtain these rewards.  :ani_swt3: 

#277 DovyMansion

DovyMansion

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:07 PM

They could go back a few days and reset the old passwords for at least 1 week so that people can do something. There are too many people affected. They should do it for the community and help us return before the massive reset, put the old passwords for another week. please, a lot of people are going to retire for this reason. I think more than half of the players will go out of town. if you don't take action to return old passwords that work again in ragnarok in game. I'm not talking about warpportal. I speak of game accounts as id + password. to replace and put the old passwords that were working a week ago. please do it for the people.

#278 6328170824214715203

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:23 PM

Ehmm.... where do I claim my rewards?  :huh:

#279 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:39 PM

Okay, so I followed up on this. This event was made to secure older accounts, and this restriction was to avoid accounts being created specifically to obtain these rewards.  :ani_swt3:

CM, please don't ignore the concern regarding the wasted VIP time of those locked out of their accounts for prolonged period because of the poor ticket handling of the support team. First, WP locked me out of my WP account before Jan 4, 2021 even tho I was able to log into it between Oct 14-Dec 14, 2020. Second, the GMs are taking no urgency in handling my ticket. Third, I am kept from playing my game while my VIP is active. This is so unacceptable.

#280 StTomasMoore

StTomasMoore

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:chaos

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:04 PM

question about

"Password Change Campaign"

For the entire month of December, 2020 I was busy taking care of some personnal concern. Which is Why I was not able to see this PCC thing. What I would like to ask is how in the world can I retrieve my almost 24 accounts which where from Philippine Ragnarok (level-up) and a few of this account where mine since 2003. I can't have it change because most of the phone number and e-mail account where already dis-able because of prolonged un-used.

Can anyone help me with how to retrieve them. I have been playing this game since 2003 all because I was able to migrate almost all my account from pRO and to be frank about it, all of them where manual played without the used of any program just plain manual levelling up, plus a lot of money cause you need to top-up to play then ...

thanks in advance for whoever will be able to help ...

p.s.

was able to get 4 of 24 account. just because they were in my personnal e-mail. I still have a record of all my e-mail accounts (which sadly are deactivated) plus I also have a list of all my warp portal account (whose pass word were sadly automatically change)

thanks again.

#281 Timo2504

Timo2504

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:52 PM

I still dont get how people still say i've log in during the event change period, shouldn't my password not be changed becoz i logged in during that period.

I mean they clearly stated that, accounts that are not active(not logged in since october) will be automatically changed, and accounts that dont change their password during this event will automatically changed at 5th January. How hard is that to understand tho. I know it's kinda vague, but if u read u will understand tho. 

#282 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:13 PM

I still dont get how people still say i've log in during the event change period, shouldn't my password not be changed becoz i logged in during that period.

I mean they clearly stated that, accounts that are not active(not logged in since october) will be automatically changed, and accounts that dont change their password during this event will automatically changed at 5th January. How hard is that to understand tho. I know it's kinda vague, but if u read u will understand tho. 

The automatic password change should happen on Jan 5, 2021, not earlier. They said that the reason why some got a premature (meaning pre-Jan 5, 2021) forced password reset was because they weren't able to log into their WP accounts between Oct 14-Dec 14, 2020. My WP account got forced reset around Jan 2 or Jan 3 even when I logged into it on Dec12~13, 2020 and even prior to it to power up may account. It's like they're just trying to come up with any random excuse they could give just to justify their crappy implementation of this forced password reset.

Edited by ROCKheir, 07 January 2021 - 11:15 PM.

#283 StTomasMoore

StTomasMoore

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:31 AM

is there any other way to activate those account forcely closed by the automatic deletion of password without using their old e-mail account. which are mostly deactivated already.

#284 Timo2504

Timo2504

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:34 AM

The automatic password change should happen on Jan 5, 2021, not earlier. They said that the reason why some got a premature (meaning pre-Jan 5, 2021) forced password reset was because they weren't able to log into their WP accounts between Oct 14-Dec 14, 2020. My WP account got forced reset around Jan 2 or Jan 3 even when I logged into it on Dec12~13, 2020 and even prior to it to power up may account. It's like they're just trying to come up with any random excuse they could give just to justify their crappy implementation of this forced password reset.

Im saying to people that protest by saying they have logged in during that period and complaining that their account pw changed at 5 January. If they have logged in during period, shouldnt they have the time to change the password also. And also, if u give enough information to prove that game account is yours, they will help. 

#285 Begovicijzer

Begovicijzer

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:30 AM

Did u guys know,where i can claim this rewards?ive alrdy change my password on 27 Dec 2020. untill now i didnt receive any rewards. i want VIP for my Ragnarok Renewal :"(

#286 Timo2504

Timo2504

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:41 AM

Did u guys know,where i can claim this rewards?ive alrdy change my password on 27 Dec 2020. untill now i didnt receive any rewards. i want VIP for my Ragnarok Renewal :"(

CM Mayari said, they're working on it. But cant give a certain timeline/deadline for it. So probably all we can do is just wait for them :)

and I quote 

"Most likely the following maintenance, but since the campaign involves several games and time is needed to distribute them all to every game, I can't give an exact time table. I apologize."

Edited by Timo2504, 08 January 2021 - 01:45 AM.

#287 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:53 AM

1 of my WP account, i can not even remember which email/name i use to register

if i can only provide a list of emai, a range of birth day  , a range of my real name  

any chance to recover?

already 3 days away from RO, mad at they hide the "block" into a phase non english speaker can recognize "update" instead of "block"

and hide the information all the way down to the last paragraph and spend 2 full pages making the change password event as "change password to get reward"  misleading the action is not mandatory.

#288 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 06:17 AM

I think gm team must given player choise..
For anyone who still want same info account /password if got hacked it not warpportal false..
So player still have choise will they change password or not..

#289 StTomasMoore

StTomasMoore

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:32 PM

I Agree with StunTosMati,  We should have been given a choice on "TO CHANGE OR NOT TO CHANGE". I mean sure a lot of people are hack or something. But reality check most of those hack are those who share their account with other people. in my pRO days whenever I have someone pilot my account, I change my password whenever they finish piloting my account. But those days of having my account piloted are over when we migrated to iRO. Mainly because I now lack the time to change password. and frankly it was hard to maintain multiple e-mail account so I have to stay with the present password and most of my e-mail account were deactivated.

So please consider giving us back our old password and give us ourt game account back a lot of blood and tears were shed on maintaining those account.

thanks for listening and hope anyone can take actions ....

#290 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 04:24 PM

CM, please don't ignore the concern regarding the wasted VIP time of those locked out of their accounts for prolonged period because of the poor ticket handling of the support team. First, WP locked me out of my WP account before Jan 4, 2021 even tho I was able to log into it between Oct 14-Dec 14, 2020. Second, the GMs are taking no urgency in handling my ticket. Third, I am kept from playing my game while my VIP is active. This is so unacceptable.

The GMs can restore the lost VIP time if you mention it in your ticket. 

is there any other way to activate those account forcely closed by the automatic deletion of password without using their old e-mail account. which are mostly deactivated already.

1 of my WP account, i can not even remember which email/name i use to register

if i can only provide a list of emai, a range of birth day  , a range of my real name  

any chance to recover?

already 3 days away from RO, mad at they hide the "block" into a phase non english speaker can recognize "update" instead of "block"

and hide the information all the way down to the last paragraph and spend 2 full pages making the change password event as "change password to get reward"  misleading the action is not mandatory.

Please write in to the support team and they will be able to assist you with recovering your account: https://support.warpportal.com/Main/

#291 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:55 AM

Remain same password for those who didn't change the password during this event?  :hmm:

#292 StTomasMoore

StTomasMoore

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:51 PM

https://forums.warpp...date/?p=2997362

Actually I was going to report it on the support team but I browse thru the requirement and I seen some small problems for me.

1.) Those e-mail used for my account are fictitious. I have all the records for the account fistitious pwner but I don't have any proof for the existance of said fictitious people.

2.) most of the e-mail I've use are di-activated already fo not being used for a avery long time..

So I want to know is if there is any other way to retrieve those account without going thru the support team.

thanks for the reply ...

#293 Kriztal0202

Kriztal0202

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Server:Poring/Chaos

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:40 PM

Does anybody know the waiting period between "the faxing of the required info to change e-mails" and the actual ability to get back into your account  or get a reply to your "I sent it"? 

#294 BluesYogurt

BluesYogurt

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:39 PM

Does anybody know the waiting period between "the faxing of the required info to change e-mails" and the actual ability to get back into your account  or get a reply to your "I sent it"? 

Same bro/sis. Gm told me that it's gonna take sooooooome time, 3 days from now & nothing, it's weird, it's not supposed to be so complicated to change an email for someone.

#295 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:20 PM

Remember, its only working days. They don't work on Saturday and Sunday.

#296 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:47 PM

With so many things needed to be done I think they really need to work on Saturday

#297 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:01 AM

i dont know their schedule for the support/ticket team, but i did get a couple replies during saturdays and sundays last week. so right now, only the california?? team is only off on weekends mostly from what i can see.

so unless there was a change, people should be getting replies on weekends from tickets.

#298 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:03 PM

Current delay regarding tickets and ticket procedures may be due to the COVID safety precautions that are currently in place for our support team, but they are getting through all of them. But if at any time it feels like it's taking way too long, please don't hesitate to PM me or any other CMs. 

#299 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:05 PM

https://forums.warpp...date/?p=2997362

Actually I was going to report it on the support team but I browse thru the requirement and I seen some small problems for me.

1.) Those e-mail used for my account are fictitious. I have all the records for the account fistitious pwner but I don't have any proof for the existance of said fictitious people.

2.) most of the e-mail I've use are di-activated already fo not being used for a avery long time..

So I want to know is if there is any other way to retrieve those account without going thru the support team.

thanks for the reply ...

I believe that the support team is the only way you can get direct assistance for your account retrieval. I apologize. :<

#300 JerrySpringer

JerrySpringer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:59 AM

So it’s been a week plus since the event ended already.

Still nothing and no date when we’re even getting those.

Very disappointing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users