Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE*** - Page 13 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE***

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

#301 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:57 PM

So it’s been a week plus since the event ended already.

Still nothing and no date when we’re even getting those.

Very disappointing.

Welp nothing seems to get done. I asked them for transparency on the number of resolved email add change tickets so far and they couldn't give any. Apparently none has been addressed eversince all of this started. All the responses we got from either the GM team or CM team is indirectly telling us to check back in after a year or two.

Edited by ROCKheir, 13 January 2021 - 03:29 PM.

#302 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:10 PM

I was told the rewards will be addressed this maintenance but am waiting for 100% confirmation before making announcements. 

Also "none" being addressed is false, please don't spread wrong information.

#303 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:54 PM

Also "none" being addressed is false, please don't spread wrong information.

The keyword is "apparently". We'd like to see the numbers then if "none" is to be proved false. Out of the 100 more or less email change tickets, how many have been addressed so far, 1? 2?

#304 CarpeNoctum

CarpeNoctum

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:17 AM

"Copied / scanned of any government issued photo ID "

Is this really required for the fax? I'm really having doubts giving away this personal info.

#305 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:58 AM

"Copied / scanned of any government issued photo ID "

Is this really required for the fax? I'm really having doubts giving away this personal info.

Helllo and welcome to the forums. i see it is your first post. here is a link to the knowledge base article that the support teams uses for changing registered emails on your Warpportal Account.

https://support.warp...ount-email.aspx

As you can see it has been updated recently to include the process for this campaign. I am fairly sure if you ticket into support or aska CM or GM they will give you a variation of this response. Is it the best practice? maybe not, but it is their policy. So good luck in what you decide to do.

#306 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:12 PM

I think this password reset is the nail in the coffin for me. My personal accounts are ok but I never really play my personal accounts. My two favorite accounts are currently locked. Ive played my Sura and Genetic for 10 years. Both of these accounts are my accounts but since I didn't create them I can no longer play them. I had my friends jump through hoops to reset the warpportal passwords for me but I then noticed I have to ask the same friends to reset the in game passwords lol. Its embarrassing to me to try to get grown adult men that don't play this silly game to jump through hoops to reset game passwords for a game they no longer play.  I can't ask for access to their personal email to reset them myself so they have to do it. I am not going to ask them to fax a copy of their drivers licenses to warpportal to have the accounts transferred to me either. All my alts were not created by me either so ive lost billions in zeny. Not sure how much but id say with zeny and items about 15 to 20bil. At least 12bil in just zeny. This was hard earned by me. This is from grinding out MvP's over 10 years. Popping bloody branches and farming MvP's. For a game with less players lately you would think they would take care of the players like me that have spent THOUSANDS of hard earned dollars playing this game. I don't understand the forced reset. You should never force a customer to do anything they don't want to do. Its my responsibility to maintain the safety of my property. I had the warpportal and in game passwords for the sura and genetic. Ive spent thousands of dollars updating those characters with the best gear. The credit card linked to both of those accounts is mine. The alts I had the in game passwords for but not the warpportal login info. Basically warpportal doesn't care. If they don't care I really don't know why I still care?

Look at my reputation thread:

https://forums.warpp...=received&st=45

I have pics with my Sura(JackSkellington) and my Genetic(Bearodactyl) dating back as far as 2011. I have a pic of when I got my GTB at natural spawn spot on my birthday in 2014. I have a pic of my Sura when I got my KVM mace upgraded to +10 in 2011. Stealing this from me over a technicality is ridiculous. How much proof do I need to provide to show that these are my accounts. Look how many mvp cards I've collected on those accounts. Do I need to pull every receipt from money spent on these accounts? 

Edited by DarkDan, 17 January 2021 - 06:31 PM.

#307 Raymon

Raymon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 January 2021 - 08:11 PM

I've lost billions in zeny. Not sure how much but I'd say with zeny and items about 15 to 20bil. At least 12bil in just zeny. For a game with less players lately you would think they would take care of the players like me that have spent THOUSANDS of hard earned dollars playing this game. I've spent thousands of dollars updating those characters with the best gear. Basically warpportal doesn't care.

Stealing this from me over a technicality is ridiculous. Look how many mvp cards I've collected on those accounts.

Were your eyes shut when they decided to ban all Europeans? 

How much money do you think Xellie spent? 

#308 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 January 2021 - 08:18 PM

Were your eyes shut when they decided to ban all Europeans? 

How much money do you think Xellie spent? 

Was I one of those people whose eyes shut when EU'eans got banned? I dont really remember lol. Anyway, I miss Xellies T_T

About this massive password change campaign, I must be say I'm fortunate that (i) I always play my own game accounts and (ii) my gaming email (which I use to create WP account) is still active hehehe 

Edited by ChakriGuard, 17 January 2021 - 08:21 PM.

#309 sasuke180

sasuke180

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:54 PM

Edited by sasuke180, 18 January 2021 - 02:56 PM.

#310 amamiya02

amamiya02

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:12 PM

I enter in My account in november so why they change My password? :/ Cm You tell us if we log in between october-december they can't change the pasword...

Edited by amamiya02, 18 January 2021 - 03:14 PM.

#311 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:25 PM

I enter in My account in november so why they change My password? :/ Cm You tell us if we log in between october-december they can't change the pasword...

Think you got confused in the wording of their post

*Please note that for added security, we are automatically updating any password for accounts that haven't logged in since October 14th, 2020. In addition, any accounts that have not changed their password during this event will have their password automatically updated on January 5th, 2021. If your account password has changed, please use the 'Forgot Password' option to update your password.

What it means is they immediately updated accounts that didn't login before that time period, and every other account needed to change their passwords during the event time period or it would get changed on January 5th. (This is what happened to your account)

#312 amamiya02

amamiya02

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:46 PM

When this notice was first posted (December 14, 2020), any accounts that hadn't been logged into since October 14, 2020 were automatically updated. So the note meant that any accounts that weren't accessed between October 14th-December 14th were already updated. Thanks!

About this, i enter in My account in november then why they change My password? Any answer please!!

#313 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:19 PM

About this, i enter in My account in november then why they change My password? Any answer please!!

If you did not change your passwords yourself WP was bound to change your passwords regardless if you logged into your accounts betweeen October 14-December 14, 2020 but only after January 5, 2021. However there were some accounts (like mine) whose passwords have been changed before January 5, 2021 even when I logged into my WP account in December of 2020.

#314 amamiya02

amamiya02

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:28 AM

the gms told me i should send a fax but the account i create isnt have the real information about me and im afraid that they dont want give me the account... I really dont know why they cant restore my password or give me the password so i can enter in my account and take out all my things...

Edited by amamiya02, 19 January 2021 - 02:03 PM.

#315 Qidian

Qidian

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:07 AM

ok guys need help

my gmail i cant log in coz it say the account dosent exist but i cant create new gmail under the same name coz it say name already taken

then how?

#316 PeterLouie

PeterLouie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 24 January 2021 - 06:58 PM

Assuming they get my ticket # though, finding a fax machine... lol.

#317 diikhlaskan

diikhlaskan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia, Payon City
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:33 AM

fix the yahoo bug. I remember my password. I remember my ID. I remember my email. I remember everything.

You asked me to reset, I did reset. when i cannot get the reset email. you said "we have issue with yahoo". and forced me to give my personal ID. I really don't want to do that..

#318 xMLGzus

xMLGzus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:55 AM

so if we do not have access to a fax machine is there an email we can send all the information to ? 

or at least get items or zeny transferred to our accounts already recovered? 

my alt account is linked to an old Email for my old Job where i no longer work. there for i do not have access to it...

my alt account doesn't even have anything crazy in it  just some zeny and a few items around 1 b each.

So much effort and time leveling the chars and the accounts that are rightfully OURS. Just because i took a break from this game to spend more time with my family i am now potentially losing an account that i put time, MONEY(VIP,KP) and effort in. 

#319 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 10:59 AM

If you are unable to access a fax machine, there are efax options available that the GM handling your ticket will be able to direct you to. The team is currently looking into other options on how to handle the verification process. Thank you!

#320 xMLGzus

xMLGzus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

If you are unable to access a fax machine, there are efax options available that the GM handling your ticket will be able to direct you to. The team is currently looking into other options on how to handle the verification process. Thank you!

Thank you hopefully this works

#321 LenaMarie

LenaMarie

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 03:32 PM

I don't know how to file a ticket. I do not have access to that e-mail address any longer. I don't even know if it is still open?

It's been 12+ years.. maybe longer. I have spent a lot on WP points/Kafra points. I am not  happy about this. I took a break and finally came back excited to play. Now this. I don't even know if it is worth the hassle anymore..

#322 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 03:51 PM

Here is the link to send a support ticket: https://support.warpportal.com/Main/

If you don't have access to your old email address that you used to register your account originally, you can send in a ticket to request an email change.

#323 LenaMarie

LenaMarie

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 08:09 AM

Thank you very much. I filed a ticket :)

#324 Lynreve

Lynreve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 04:47 PM

If, and that's a very big IF, I really want to retrieve my old account and still have access to my emails but don't want to send personal information over fax, especially since I'm not American...what are the chances I'll get it back, hypothetically?

In other news, why is the WP forums site setting off my antivirus/malware scanner? Get your sh-t together people; you're on someone's payroll for a reason. No, outsourcing your work abroad and blaming them isn't an excuse. No, I'm not obligated to whitelist the site since someone should be making sure the site is following regulation in the first place

Edited by Lynreve, 27 January 2021 - 05:03 PM.

#325 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 06:41 PM

If, and that's a very big IF, I really want to retrieve my old account and still have access to my emails but don't want to send personal information over fax, especially since I'm not American...what are the chances I'll get it back, hypothetically?

In other news, why is the WP forums site setting off my antivirus/malware scanner? Get your sh-t together people; you're on someone's payroll for a reason. No, outsourcing your work abroad and blaming them isn't an excuse. No, I'm not obligated to whitelist the site since someone should be making sure the site is following regulation in the first place

Recently someone reported in discord that he got asked to make a test account when he tries to do the email change

So maybe thats the alternative for fax that theyre talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users