Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE*** - Page 5 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE***

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

#101 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:32 AM

I assume this campaign too is all about what happened few months ago, where the Guild of Chaos have been hacked, we all know that this guild use this multiple edited grfs with spamming OB and DD, and other skills that can be edited with no delay. So beware of recruiting this kind of players, and putting those edited data.grf just to win. You can watch Chakri's Video, where those RG spammed their OB too much.

Tips by the way, changing password of those accounts will not help unless you reformat your PC and use clean client of iRO. 

Both guilds use. Sad but even my noob guildies also use edits ... lol. Im just few individuals who dont really use any edit and no macro at all.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 16 December 2020 - 01:34 AM.

#102 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:34 AM

so..

question

why are we changing passwords again? (i have seen in our fb group in thor server there's gonna be a password reset event that i couldn't call an event since if we didn't change our pass, we're basically get lock out)

#103 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence Quit

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:38 AM

Both guilds use. Sad but even my noob guildies also use edits ... lol. Im just few individuals who dont really use any edit and no macro at all.

So basically your guildmates too who use it, was also hacked because of this edited data.grf?

Edited by Varignon, 16 December 2020 - 01:43 AM.

#104 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:44 AM

lol self edited isn't that hard btw

you talking doesn't like esport WOE player

#105 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 December 2020 - 02:11 AM

So basically your guildmates too who use it, was also hacked because of this edited data.grf?

Dont think. I dont really talk much to them. Just log in to WoE lol xD

#106 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 16 December 2020 - 02:13 AM

some people. would choose to risk getting hack, but wont give up on NDL.

hmm.. interesting brain development there

#107 bagzleo01

bagzleo01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationneither somewhere else
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:49 AM

hi guys I have a question regarding to the event change password do I need to forget password when i change password or change password only?because i used change password in all of my accounts and i dont have any rewards get.thanks guys

Edited by bagzleo01, 16 December 2020 - 04:49 AM.

#108 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:54 AM

In case some people didnt notice, there's no use to change password on WP website (game account pass can be changed successfully). WE HAVE TO USE THE FORGET PASSWORD LINK TO ACTUALLY GET WARPPORTAL PASSWORD CHANGED!!!

#109 bagzleo01

bagzleo01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:58 AM

In case some people didnt notice, there's no use to change password on WP website (game account pass can be changed successfully). WE HAVE TO USE THE FORGET PASSWORD LINK TO ACTUALLY GET WARPPORTAL PASSWORD CHANGED!!!

so i need to click the forget password even i already change my password?

Edited by bagzleo01, 16 December 2020 - 04:59 AM.

#110 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:13 AM

so i need to click the forget password even i already change my password?

Yes u need. Otherwise you can only login with your old pass

#111 bagzleo01

bagzleo01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:29 AM

i already change pass it using change pass only and its success its already new pass.

#112 bagzleo01

bagzleo01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:31 AM

Yes u need. Otherwise you can only login with your old pass

i already change pass it using change pass only and its successfuly change pass i didnt use the forget password.

#113 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:56 AM

i already change pass it using change pass only and its successfuly change pass i didnt use the forget password.

Its bugged-ish, I change 4 warpportal account password and 3 of them was still the old password while 1 of them was changed to the new one. Had to use forget password option for the other 3. 

Just make sure you try to relog to see if its changed successfully.

On another note, GM has helped me remember my old email. So I'm done with this password change.  :D

#114 bagzleo01

bagzleo01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:59 AM

Its bugged-ish, I change 4 warpportal account password and 3 of them was still the old password while 1 of them was changed to the new one. Had to use forget password option for the other 3.

Just make sure you try to relog to see if its changed successfully.

On another note, GM has helped me remember my old email. So I'm done with this password change. :D

all my accounts already change pass even i didnt use the forget password i think its still valid.i know my email too but the email is locked due to confirmation i cant open it the number i use is already gone.even on my warpportal accounts and game accounts already change pass without using the forget password i think its still valid that i change pass.do you guys already recieve the reward? i didnt recieve one yet thats why im asking if i did right

Edited by bagzleo01, 16 December 2020 - 06:01 AM.

#115 Vivyyy

Vivyyy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:06 AM

Can anyone help me what to do in my case that I have long forgotten my Warpportal account, E-mail accounts and password for the past 5 years?

I am still actively playing my in-game accounts before pandemic, but I have forgotten the e-mail accounts that I have used in making my in-game accounts. I know it is my fault of not having those details saved. But please help me what to do, I will be deeply saddened if I can not access my in-game accounts any longer.

This game helped me lot during this pandemic, it brought me joy of still being with people and making friends in this kind of times.

:Emo_21:  :Emo_21:  :Emo_21:  :p_cry:

#116 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:26 AM

bagzleo01:
The rewards will be given after the event ends (probably after maintenance during the week of Jan 4).

#117 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:35 AM

ty ty

#118 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 December 2020 - 08:11 AM

What are you talking about? I always change my passwords for both my game accounts and the WP site every two months, and I've never had to use the Forgot Password link before. It's an easy process, and it should be something everyone does regularly.

Not just for your WP passwords, but for all your passwords.

#119 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 December 2020 - 09:20 AM

did changed pw on all my accounts.. i know this is for security purpose and thanks for forcing us to do it..

#120 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:42 AM

I just changed my WP passwords like a month ago, so now I have to change my WP password again too in order for the event to work? And wp passwords will be force reset as well if we don't do that now?

I just change it together yesterday, do I have to do it again today? Changing warpportal password is troublesome because you need to login those email for verification.

I can hear those defunct yahoo email users screaming in pain.

Edit: Can you at least fix the password reset email not arriving at emails problem first? And yes, they've check everywhere including spam.

I seriously ask WP to re-consider making it mandatory about WP accounts.

So as long as you changed it within the time frame since the start of the campaign (12/14), you should be good. If the WP password was changed before 12/14, then yes, you would have to change it.

As for the yahoo email thing, that has been brought to my attention before by someone else. I have let the team know about it. Thank you!

#121 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:46 AM

So as long as you changed it within the time frame since the start of the campaign (12/14), you should be good. If the WP password was changed before 12/14, then yes, you would have to change it.

As for the yahoo email thing, that has been brought to my attention before by someone else. I have let the team know about it. Thank you!

Ok, bummer, already changed them again anyhow cause figured I would have to.

Think I have some defunct email accounts too, think I changed the email registered to an account once before a long time ago.

#122 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:47 AM

This is going to be a problem for me.. I can freely access my WP account but already forgot my yahoo e-mail password for like 4 years. I can access also my little bro's RO1 account but he doesn't even remember both his WP and e-mail account. I'm also not able to play since Locked down. RIP :-(

The support team should be able to help you out with that. If you run across any issues during the process, please don't hesitate to reach out to me via a message!

#123 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:52 AM

are there any plans from kRO to make our accounts more safer? i think maybe like after u input username and password, it should ask for pin too. some games maybe already implemented that. i know 1 games for sure

Implement the manually inputted 4 digit code on character selection, the same type pRO used, i dont have a pic but i expect you lot to know it anyway, its not the best solution since whoever has our passwords still has it but hey its a added 4 digit of protection that the hacker doesnt have AS OF NOW

Thank you, I'm definitely going to forward this along!

#124 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:58 AM

Can anyone help me what to do in my case that I have long forgotten my Warpportal account, E-mail accounts and password for the past 5 years?

I am still actively playing my in-game accounts before pandemic, but I have forgotten the e-mail accounts that I have used in making my in-game accounts. I know it is my fault of not having those details saved. But please help me what to do, I will be deeply saddened if I can not access my in-game accounts any longer.

This game helped me lot during this pandemic, it brought me joy of still being with people and making friends in this kind of times.

:Emo_21:  :Emo_21:  :Emo_21:  :p_cry:

No worries! :) Please reach out to the support team and they will help you out.

#125 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:59 AM

Thank you all for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

Based on our analysis, the cases of account access are more wide spread than a single cluster of accounts. Likely, the credentials being used were leaked through data breaches on other websites. A common tactic used is to obtain usernames and passwords on Site A and try them on Site B, since it is common for people to reuse the same username and password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users