December 17th Renewal Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 17th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

#51 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:53 PM

So things are stabalizing.

RO1 Testing Results, Turtle General spawns correctly, item exchanges work, quest functions but needs another pass. We cleaned up some of the dialog during testing but I saw quite a bit that was missed.

#52 4702160227114720630

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:55 PM

It would be nice if the  "count down" time on VIP´s stay still. Lot of time wasted during updates, or unfortunate bugs, etc appearing out of nowhere extending maintenance schedule :mellow: .

#53 DragonAco

DragonAco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:59 PM

It would be nice if the  "count down" time on VIP´s stay still. Lot of time wasted during updates, or unfortunate bugs, etc appearing out of nowhere extending maintenance schedule :mellow: .

i think is quite true also ><

is it posible that our vip freeze during the maintainece ... ( i think not possible  :wacko:  )

i hope Bank System will reach soon ...

#54 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:01 PM

The castles will be dropping Xmas Fireworks and Ori/Elu.

Regarding Sakray testing. At this time due to studio changed requirements we cannot offer a public test server. So we are doing the best we can with our team to test content.

the fact they do not allow you to have a public test server does not seem like the best idea. i feel like you all are understaffed to begin with. so how can you possibly be able to test and debug content in a timely manner before being implemented?

#55 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:08 PM

The freezing isn't possible because the expiration time is calculated from the time the box is opened. An easy "fix" would be to change the end time calculation from opening the box: Instead of 10 days, make it 10 days + x hours.

I calculate x as:

• Maintenance every 7 days, or 10 times in 70 days
  • Maintenance is y hours
    • 10y hours of maintenance over 70 days
  • VIP is 10 days, or 7 boxes for 70 days
    • 7x VIP should last for 70 days + 10y hours
    • Each VIP box should expire 10 days + 10y/7 hours after opening it

If the average time of maintenance is 8 hours, then 10*8/7 = 11.43 hours. Therefore, VIP should last ~10.5 days, instead of 10 days.

EDIT: An alternative approach is to run a script at the end of maintenance to extend the expiration time by the amount of maintenance. However, that requires a manual input (the amount of maintenance) every maintenance, which can lead to issues (VIP extended for too short or too long).

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 17 December 2020 - 06:17 PM.

#56 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:16 PM

The freezing isn't possible because the expiration time is calculated from the time the box is opened. An easy "fix" would be to change the end time calculation from opening the box: Instead of 10 days, make it 10 days + x hours.

I calculate x as:

• Maintenance is y hours

If the average time of maintenance is 8 hours, then 10*8/7 = 11.43 hours. Therefore, VIP should last ~10.5 days, instead of 10 days.

EDIT: An alternative approach is to run a script at the end of maintenance to extend the expiration time by the amount of maintenance. However, that requires a manual input (the amount of maintenance), which can lead to issues (VIP extended for too short or too long).

Omg i never thought about this!!

#57 bittercandie

bittercandie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:16 PM

I calculate x as:

• Maintenance is y hours

EDIT: An alternative approach is to run a script at the end of maintenance to extend the expiration time by the amount of maintenance. However, that requires a manual input (the amount of maintenance), which can lead to issues (VIP extended for too short or too long).

*Standing applause..... in tears

#58 Gerld

Gerld

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:17 PM

please bring back the old vip system

#59 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:20 PM

Just make vip script the same as gum/battle manuals. timer only starts when ppls login. every buddy will be happy.

#60 elchikano

elchikano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:22 PM

I calculate x as:

• Maintenance is y hours

EDIT: An alternative approach is to run a script at the end of maintenance to extend the expiration time by the amount of maintenance. However, that requires a manual input (the amount of maintenance) every maintenance, which can lead to issues (VIP extended for too short or too long).

if you're playing 24/10.

for those who are complaining about VIP during maint. treat maint as your resting hours (if you are playing 24 hrs)

#61 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:22 PM

Please sell lower duration VIP in cash shop

#62 DragonAco

DragonAco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:29 PM

if you're playing 24/10.

for those who are complaining about VIP during maint. treat maint as your resting hours (if you are playing 24 hrs)

True also ... 

#63 mckecknie

mckecknie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the United States(East Coast)

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:29 PM

Just make vip script the same as gum/battle manuals. timer only starts when ppls login. every buddy will be happy.

Agreed, That would make things better!

#64 mckecknie

mckecknie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:31 PM

This!!

I calculate x as:

• Maintenance is y hours

#65 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:34 PM

Everyone but WP, heh. If I only play 3 hours a day, a VIP will last me 80 days. 3x 10-day VIP boxes are a facsimile for a monthly subscription, and subscriptions don’t take into account usage.

#66 LakkexChaos

LakkexChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:41 PM

yea dude!, the vip have to count the time played, not the time past in real life.
And u can give 1 kashua's key added with the vip boxes

Edited by LakkexChaos, 17 December 2020 - 06:44 PM.

#67 mckecknie

mckecknie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:52 PM

yea dude!, the vip have to count the time played, not the time past in real life.
And u can give 1 kashua's key added with the vip boxes

That would be pointless with the key, you can only open the box every 10 days, plus that would make the price go up.

#68 bittercandie

bittercandie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:53 PM

if you're playing 24/10.

I am actually not a hardcore player and I don't fuss about VIP much as well. But I believe people relate the problem with the VIP stuff is mainly because of the uncertain maintenance ETA. It's called INTERNATIONAL Ragnarok Online because people all over the world are playing the game. For some of you, you might be able to just sleep on it, but for some of us it's day time. 

I PERSONALLY don't ask much but just be on time for what you have announced. I believe it's almost 2 hours late from the scheduled time.

And it doesn't happen once. God knows how many times it happened.

I also believe I don't have to tell CMs what to do, because I believe they are the pro and they know their stuff better than me. But not being able to follow the schedule they have set themselves? really?

With all due respect CMs.

Thank you.

Edited by bittercandie, 17 December 2020 - 07:08 PM.

#69 HolyxD

HolyxD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:05 PM

how long for the servers to be up?

#70 danggit

danggit

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSecronom Bunker
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:06 PM

still not up ?

#71 gsithlord13

gsithlord13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:07 PM

Completely understand that maintenance takes time and things can go wrong after applying changes.

It would be super helpful if an ETA or a status update could be posted when running at least 15min behind schedule. 

A quick tweet on the @playragnarok Twitter would at least not leave players in the dark waiting for who knows how long for the server to go live. 

Edited by gsithlord13, 17 December 2020 - 07:08 PM.

#72 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence Quit

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:07 PM

Still there's no update, It's been 2 hrs since the word the "things was stabilizing". 

#73 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:21 PM

It's okay if the server don't come on forever. Firecrackers and ores as WoE rewards is a slap to the face for all the woe fans.

#74 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:23 PM

It's a sad reward, but on the other hand it is still more than the absolute nothing that it usually is, noone ever really goes to event woe anyhow.

#75 LakkexChaos

LakkexChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:25 PM

That would be pointless with the key, you can only open the box every 10 days, plus that would make the price go up.

why go up the price?, it's a gift like "thanks for buy us", i think that is a good idea, u buy the vip and the game gives u a key. so if they don't change the actually sistem, they could add a "100 days premium box" with 11 keys of gift, u'll pay the same for acid bombs, infinity drinks, 250 KP and 2500 KP. I think that people prefer to buy a long time VIP at onces, than 1 every 10 days.
And i u wanna farm te rewards of kashua's keys, buy another boxes, it have wings, acids, drinks, health potions, etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users