• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nandenyaanen

Nandenyaanen

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 01:42 AM

Fairly new to renewal but an old RO player here. My brother and I tried to get OCP items last month, and fairly enough got some decent sorc gears (2x SKRs, A complete laphine set + kardui robe, a nero mask, etc). This prompted me to make a sorc, now my question is, is the kardui and laphine set a considerable end game gear, or do I have to prepare myself to invest for better gears?

#2 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 December 2020 - 05:45 PM

thats probably enough for leveling, but i wouldnt call it end game gear (probably the SKR, but dunno, class/skill shadow sets might replace it).

i am not a main sorc player, but i am leveling one right now.

find some form of mdef bypass gear. (e.g. white thread armor, king spirit circlet, etc.)

look for one of the stronger mid headgear sets (e.g. mobscarf, diabolus wing, etc.)

OP armors (e.g. abyss, ice fall, etc.)

some of the newer magic elemental buff cards (e.g. headless mule, mavka, etc.) outside of mvp cards

class shadow sets?? i just got back and these are new for me. they look strong though if you got the budget.

#3 Nandenyaanen

Nandenyaanen

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for the reply! How about weapons? will the crimson weapons be enough or should I prepare to invest for something better?

#4 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 08:07 PM

I havent played magic chars lately but i think there is only two options for weapons atm

Survivor Rod+set pieces to increase wind/earth/neutral magic dmg 

and

Lacryma stick+pororoco shoes to increase water dmg 

Although survivor rod+set pieces look superior with its multiple elements i think lacryma stick+Pororca diamond dust spamming is the way to go.

#5 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 28 December 2020 - 10:07 PM

end game right there ^ maybe, i dont main magic classes.

for leveling crimson should be fine.

i am only using crimson rod right now with the neo punk mdef bypass combo. of course, i had to find maps with formless/demon to make use of it (sometimes you get lucky with turn in, like the High TI right now with both demon/formless). works pretty good so far and am sharing with WL and AB.

otherwise, i wanna try that lacryma combo for DD when i get the budget for it :heh:

#6 Nandenyaanen

Nandenyaanen

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:09 AM

Wouldn't a chilly spell book give better dd damage compared to a lacryma set? Prior to posting this I have already purchased a temporal int boots....so....should I resell that one and save up for a full lacryma set, or maybe hold on to it and pair it off with a chilly spellbook and snowfall dress?

Edited by 1811902568, 29 December 2020 - 06:29 AM.

#7 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 29 December 2020 - 07:07 AM

i dont have those, but just consider these for yourself.

assuming +10 on both weapons with 2slots (easier to refine lacryma)

chilly book + temp int (spell??RM??) - dex+1, 160basematk, lvl4, +30% DD dmg, +50% sp consume, temp refine/enchant boost, random +200 int

lacryma set - int+4, 180basematk, lvl3, +50% water dmg (can include water PW), +10%matk, various buffs(also possible gear for WL/RK)

dunno how high 200int would boost the damage, but consistent dmg(w/ various buffs) vs random dmg boost(w/ sp con). you decide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users