accounts before the password change GM ANSWER camp or astra or new Gm - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

accounts before the password change GM ANSWER camp or astra or new Gm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 DovyMansion

DovyMansion

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:09 AM

There is the possibility of returning the accounts before the password change, for a few more days as they were before with their old password that worked well. Before this massive reset to all ragnarok accounts, there could be that possibility for a week at least to leave the old keys. That you already changed without change or effect, such as returning but only the keys to a week before when they worked. Can a GM answer this question.

#2 DovyMansion

DovyMansion

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:26 AM

They could go back a few days and reset the old passwords for at least 1 week so that people can do something. There are too many people affected. They should do it for the community and help us return before the massive reset, put the old passwords for another week. please, a lot of people are going to retire for this reason. I think more than half of the players will go out of town. if you don't take action to return old passwords that work again in ragnarok in game. I'm not talking about warpportal. I speak of game accounts as id + password. to replace and put the old passwords that were working a week ago. please do it for the people.

#3 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:36 PM

Hi. I just want you to know that,

https://forums.warpp...1042021-update/

They did announce it. Made it clear, gave ample time for people to change password.

Just that, some people don't follow instructions/ choose to ignore.

& You should. Therefore contact the support and submit ticket,

#4 Timo2504

Timo2504

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:57 PM

I mean, to be honest, they already give out so much time for us to change the password tho (around 3 weeks ish). So, the password changed already. U can just open a ticket and provide ample information to prove that the account is yours. I am sure they will gladly help you if u provide ample and correct information about the account.

Edited by Timo2504, 07 January 2021 - 12:57 PM.

#5 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:50 PM

Hello! Unfortunately, this won't be possible. :( Sorry for the inconvenience. Please reach out to the support team if you need assistance in recovering accounts.

#6 DovyMansion

DovyMansion

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:24 PM

Hello! Unfortunately, this won't be possible. :( Sorry for the inconvenience. Please reach out to the support team if you need assistance in recovering accounts.

I already contacted them, but they ask me many things, that I go to the notary and police papers and send things by fax, they have no other means of sending the requested data, another way. I think they should return the accounts as they were with their old passwords. since they are game accounts. not from warpportal. it is understood that email + password is = warpportal primary key. but one is created within the main account. other accounts with different id and password. They could put that back in for another week. many people are affected. since some do not remember the emails or anything like that. They only had the id and passwords of the account just to play. I think it was a tremendous damage and blow to the people and the community. you should talk to some warpportal executive and see the statistics that will go down and down the number of players and you can even think that maybe no one plays ragnarok and is forgotten.

#7 Jezmin

Jezmin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDiscord

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:35 PM

i contacted them as well. they said to fill out a form with a state ID and i did all that and faxed it. but i'm really scared since i haven't heard from them in 3 days. now i'm worried that i sent it to the wrong place. it was my first time faxing something. i keep replying to the ticket but no one has said anything. i know i'm not the only one here that is trying to get their account back but sending an state ID to get verified that the account is yours is pretty horrible thing to do.

#8 DovyMansion

DovyMansion

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:44 PM

i contacted them as well. they said to fill out a form with a state ID and i did all that and faxed it. but i'm really scared since i haven't heard from them in 3 days. now i'm worried that i sent it to the wrong place. it was my first time faxing something. i keep replying to the ticket but no one has said anything. i know i'm not the only one here that is trying to get their account back but sending an state ID to get verified that the account is yours is pretty horrible thing to do.

Yes exactly, many people have this problem, it is very serious too. They should return the old passwords since they are the secondary keys, they are only Ragnarok accounts with id and password. I hope you can become aware. I am very bored and tired of this topic. I even heard that a friend committed suicide because of this because he could not recover his password and made that decision.

#9 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:48 PM

the support is talking days to reply they are so slow, you dont even given us a warning our ticket is still open, what is wrong is given us a warning to tired to type?

#10 DovyMansion

DovyMansion

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:51 PM

please help men , back password old . please only password of game ragnarok 1

#11 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:57 PM

I even heard that a friend committed suicide because of this because he could not recover his password and made that decision.

:ph34r:

#12 Timo2504

Timo2504

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:18 PM

I still dont get why u keep insisting to return the pw back to normal or asking for extension, when they already give u like 3 weeks to do this. If the account is really yours, i think the process to obtain it back wont be that difficult tho by providing information on that account

#13 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:20 PM

I even heard that a friend committed suicide because of this because he could not recover his password and made that decision.

Are people that invested in this game still? I remember hearing a story that someone got shot over a GTB card. I mean i love the game its the only one i play atm but if i couldnt recover my account for whatever reason i would have no problem moving on.

Im not downplaying this but true love of RO should be able to start again from nothing.

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 07 January 2021 - 05:38 PM.

#14 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:28 PM

a man died. from losing Ragnarok account access. NOT Covid19

such a sad way to die

please offer your condolences.

this is the saddest story i heard as of 2021

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:58 PM

Wait whats the real issue? Isn't it supposedly if you didn't change your password before the date, the password is autochanged and the way to change it is to click "forgot password" and rechange it like that? I am not certain why you have an issue unless the account email address isn't yours so you cant get the forgot password email.

#16 Tercanum

Tercanum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:13 PM

Hi. I just want you to know that,

https://forums.warpp...1042021-update/

They did announce it. Made it clear, gave ample time for people to change password.

Just that, some people don't follow instructions/ choose to ignore.

& You should. Therefore contact the support and submit ticket,

I mean, to be honest, they already give out so much time for us to change the password tho (around 3 weeks ish). So, the password changed already. U can just open a ticket and provide ample information to prove that the account is yours. I am sure they will gladly help you if u provide ample and correct information about the account.

I mean, this game isn't played on the forum, the average player opens the forums only when they want to complain, which you would think would result in them opening the forums everyday. So that there were no announcements on it in-game even tho they somehow had the time to test megaphones is just problematic. Saying that we gave you 3 weeks warning on the forums, is just like saying, yeah, we didn't put in any effort to inform players at all.

#17 Timo2504

Timo2504

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:33 PM

I mean, this game isn't played on the forum, the average player opens the forums only when they want to complain, which you would think would result in them opening the forums everyday. So that there were no announcements on it in-game even tho they somehow had the time to test megaphones is just problematic. Saying that we gave you 3 weeks warning on the forums, is just like saying, yeah, we didn't put in any effort to inform players at all.

So, based on your explanation, You mean  that everyone will surely open forum, coz they are always unhappy and want to complain about stuffs right? 

#18 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:58 PM

Happy Midgardians don't visit forum.

That is fact

#19 Tercanum

Tercanum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:19 PM

Happy Midgardians don't visit forum.

That is fact

yes, this event was actually WP's way of getting happy non complaining midgardians to have a reason to visit forums.

#20 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:12 PM

But this announcement was also on the WP website itself and was also a banner if you choose to look at the playragnarok website too....so in the end there is no way someone cannot "not" see this announcement unless all they do is made the account and never filled any WPE, gotten a WPE gift code or in general made edits to your account.
I must agree that there should have been more server wide announcements in game to do it, just to cover the bases but I think they did a very decent job, knowing the past history of what WP does.

And I was correct in that it clearly states that after the end date for changing passwords, all accounts and ingame accounts will have the passwords automatically changed. You just need to click the "forgotten password" button and just get an email sent to change it again. Whats the issue with having to fax information? Something sounds extremely irregular.

#21 redred

redred

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:13 PM

+1 give time to change pass without forgot password please. My registered account and real name is different, not many ppl use real name to registered account, except important like bank

#22 Tercanum

Tercanum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:51 PM

But this announcement was also on the WP website itself and was also a banner if you choose to look at the playragnarok website too....so in the end there is no way someone cannot "not" see this announcement unless all they do is made the account and never filled any WPE, gotten a WPE gift code or in general made edits to your account.
I must agree that there should have been more server wide announcements in game to do it, just to cover the bases but I think they did a very decent job, knowing the past history of what WP does.

And I was correct in that it clearly states that after the end date for changing passwords, all accounts and ingame accounts will have the passwords automatically changed. You just need to click the "forgotten password" button and just get an email sent to change it again. Whats the issue with having to fax information? Something sounds extremely irregular.

I see your 3700 posts, i can confirm you cannot relate to an average player who does not look at the WP site OR the forums regularly LUL. In fact a lot of people don't even bother with such things coz not everyone is interested in what kachua or costume box is out next. Which is mainly what the website posts. At the end of the day, doing such a high impact action with no mention of it on the actual service itself they are providing is a big lapse on WPs end.

#23 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:03 PM

They should really post the announcement with clearly worded words and not this vague-ish statement

Post it on launcher
Make a splash screen before gamestart if possible
Send an ingame mail/rodex
Hourly yellow text announcement
Make a loading screen showing the notice

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:40 PM

December 14, 2020 - January 4, 2021 ... That's a very long period of time to do something as simple as 1-2-3 done 5 mins process to change passwords. Next time, they should just give us 2 days and after that 10 days extension. Doesnt matter if WP gives 1 month or 2 months period of time. People always procrastinate. Moreover, players dont remember their emails is not WP's fault. Players are losing their friend's accounts is not WP's fault. Players dont keep themselves updated with game is not WP's fault. Your friends didnt tell you about this is also not WP's fault. There was really almost no way a normal player wasnt aware of the campaign. However yes, GMs should of made an announcement in game. I also should of thought about it.

Well, good thing is you can easily update your account password easily. If you dont remember your alt emails used to create your alt accounts, then too bad. Always have multiple real gaming emails that you always use online games ready, so you dont just come up with random emails out of nowhere.

#25 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:45 PM

Wait whats the real issue? Isn't it supposedly if you didn't change your password before the date, the password is autochanged and the way to change it is to click "forgot password" and rechange it like that? I am not certain why you have an issue unless the account email address isn't yours so you cant get the forgot password email.

Yes, just click forgot password, check your mail, click the link provided by WP, update your password. Literally a 5 mins step task.

I think most people are having problems with trying to recover their "alt" accounts that dont belong to them rightfully lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users