[Chaos] suggest about farming GTB - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Chaos] suggest about farming GTB

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 06:02 PM

would like to farm GTB for myself, think of creating many alts to finish first 5 floor every week.

Question is, with some OCP gear, which class should I choose to do it smartly?

I can think of “Cat” class because you save time from job change, but I’m totally new to this classes and don’t know what is the lower level to finish 5 floor ET

same question go for gunlisher/rebel

Hopefully, anyone have experience of farming GTB can share Guides to me, thank you!

#2 tlc9711LOgo

tlc9711LOgo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:23 AM

I think the best class to farm is ranger...
Cat class can farm but need some ocp gears to be good...Aoe for cat is very bad nya

#3 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:33 AM

I think the best class to farm is ranger...
Cat class can farm but need some ocp gears to be good...Aoe for cat is very bad nya

but then to do job change talk very long time adn to level up..

#4 estebin

estebin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:06 AM

Rebels are best for farming GTB....
Easy peasy

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:19 AM

Rebel I think 

#6 Korobeyniki

Korobeyniki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:58 AM

If you want to make a lot of alts just for farming GTB, the best advice would be to make a ton of copies of your best geared class, then you just swap gear between them and don't need to gear up a new character. 

If you are only going for GTB and don't have any further ambitions in ET, any class with only mediocre gear can get to and kill GTB pretty fast. Dorams are crap for AoE as was mentioned, but among the cheapest to gear up to start farming MVPs.

#7 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:48 AM

rebel? like others said.

fastest/easiest to job change and level. great AoE. weapons are in vending machine. 1 slug shot on GTB.

rangers if you have the gears already. trap and AS for GTB if can't 1 shot.

#8 chiefkikahoe

chiefkikahoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:57 AM

Rebel easiest and probably cheapest since doesnt need ocp. with Round Trip on lower Levels then use crystal Bullets or slug shot on GTB. Would probably take less than 5 minutes to get to and finish off GTB.

#9 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 06:47 AM

If you want to make a lot of alts just for farming GTB, the best advice would be to make a ton of copies of your best geared class, then you just swap gear between them and don't need to gear up a new character. 

If you are only going for GTB and don't have any further ambitions in ET, any class with only mediocre gear can get to and kill GTB pretty fast. Dorams are crap for AoE as was mentioned, but among the cheapest to gear up to start farming MVPs.

thank you, actually I have a few class can do ET,

I have pretty good OCP gear can, should be able to ET well....

but, you know....slow finger, old man reaction...

My 170 well geared ranger can finish 100lvl but take times..... slow prepare arrows, slow spped potion, safe guard... very not smooth

175 well geared (but no JDR) GX cannot  handle reflection mobs well, takes more time and consumables while cannot finish..

170 well geared DB RK(but no Lindi),  going pretty fast and well, but cannot kill the damn Valkyrie.. stopped and this Angle...

this lead me to hunt GTB...

My finally ambitions is to fast clear ET and make copies, so I think maybe I need GTB or Lindi....?

any suggestion?

btw, any other classes can do ET close / faster than DB RK? Mechanic? Gene?

thank you.!

#10 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 06:50 AM

rebel? like others said.

fastest/easiest to job change and level. great AoE. weapons are in vending machine. 1 slug shot on GTB.

rangers if you have the gears already. trap and AS for GTB if can't 1 shot.

may I know a bit more details about the minimum level I should level up/ gear/ build? thank you

#11 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 06:51 AM

Rebel easiest and probably cheapest since doesnt need ocp. with Round Trip on lower Levels then use crystal Bullets or slug shot on GTB. Would probably take less than 5 minutes to get to and finish off GTB.

may I know a bit more details about the minimum level I should level up/ gear/ build? thank you

#12 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 01 February 2021 - 06:57 AM

im at work right now, will take a screenshot for you later.

pretty much lvl 100 rebel can do it. job levels for slug shot and round trip needed. only using probation weapons iirc.

takes ~3mins to finish GTB pretty much from floor 1 with my rebel.

#13 chiefkikahoe

chiefkikahoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 10:20 AM

Level 100 can probably do but higher level is easier. Pump DEX for damage and some VIT. Equipment wise, Mini gun can be bought from Prontera NPC for 1.6m and has requirement of base level 105 and you just use round trip on the first 5 levels and
When GTB Appears Use any shotgun probably Probably Probation Shotgun which can be bought from same NPC Machine for like 1.25m and use Skill Slug Shot on gtb if you can’t one shot him with Slug Shot keep using round trip until cool down and reuse Slug Shot. Other good skills is Platinum Altar since it blocks 8 hits when at level 5 but requires silver bullets during activation.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:53 PM

anything you can share your best gears and can move rapidly through floors 1~5, both in aoe killing speed and movement speed itself. The getting to floor 5 part adds up quickly when you do it with a multitude of alt characters.

#15 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:51 PM

https://imgur.com/kNyAYDQ

can't seem to add images here now.

anyway, pretty much this kind of setup? you dont need the celine ribbon and brooch. i just use it for the fixed cast.

mbta for def pierce, kingbird probation shotgun, gray wing boots, menblatt faw EA 4/2/1 w/ FLP for those range dmg. no shadow gears.

i forgot, but i believe i got lvl100 stats. the char is 117.

#16 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:59 PM

anything you can share your best gears and can move rapidly through floors 1~5, both in aoe killing speed and movement speed itself. The getting to floor 5 part adds up quickly when you do it with a multitude of alt characters.

thanks for telling movement speed, which gear can give very fast movement speed?

#17 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:01 PM

anyway, pretty much this kind of setup? you dont need the celine ribbon and brooch. i just use it for the fixed cast.

mbta for def pierce, kingbird probation shotgun, gray wing boots, menblatt faw EA 4/2/1 w/ FLP for those range dmg. no shadow gears.

thanks you!

Level 100 can probably do but higher level is easier. Pump DEX for damage and some VIT. Equipment wise, Mini gun can be bought from Prontera NPC for 1.6m and has requirement of base level 105 and you just use round trip on the first 5 levels and
When GTB Appears Use any shotgun probably Probably Probation Shotgun which can be bought from same NPC Machine for like 1.25m and use Skill Slug Shot on gtb if you can’t one shot him with Slug Shot keep using round trip until cool down and reuse Slug Shot. Other good skills is Platinum Altar since it blocks 8 hits when at level 5 but requires silver bullets during activation.

thanks you

#18 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:04 PM

thank you

#19 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 09:11 PM

How about at lvl 100? You dont have platinum altar, only RT lvl 5, and its most likely at 1 point in your GTB spam that he will 1 shot mammonite you because lvl 100 rebel HP is under 10k (just token? Altho not sure if VIP is worth it on rebel farmer account?)

Since if you need to grind job levels, it will slow down your many alts creation

Edited by YongkySH, 01 February 2021 - 09:13 PM.

#20 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 01 February 2021 - 11:36 PM

How about at lvl 100? You dont have platinum altar, only RT lvl 5, and its most likely at 1 point in your GTB spam that he will 1 shot mammonite you because lvl 100 rebel HP is under 10k (just token? Altho not sure if VIP is worth it on rebel farmer account?)

Since if you need to grind job levels, it will slow down your many alts creation

can kite gtb.

xcept it get annoying when it starts hiding 

#21 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 01 February 2021 - 11:39 PM

yes. you want to have VIP on gtb farmer account once in awhile.

there are times you'll be able to get 200% drop before gum 

anyway silly warpportal made 2day VIP tradeable. so make full use of it.

refill your tokens, farm at 0.05 card drop

#22 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 02 February 2021 - 03:48 AM

i made multiple rebels to farm GTB and just got tired and never really used them after a while. just do this if you are dedicated :heh:

you can try what i did if you want these rebels. get vip, 10 day is pretty cheap and will make it faster for you. 2 day is free too like bearl said. make multiple 100 rebel and get round trip. do TI per day per rebel and put all exp to job. you can keep the free manual for rebel if you want. just do it until all rebel has slug shot and max platinum altar. makes your life much easier to just use 1 slug shot.

doesnt take that long as you think. you can pretty much make a rebel in a couple hours.

#23 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 03:16 PM

yes. you want to have VIP on gtb farmer account once in awhile.
there are times you'll be able to get 200% drop before gum

anyway silly warpportal made 2day VIP tradeable. so make full use of it.

refill your tokens, farm at 0.05 card drop

I thought card drop is 0.01%? how to make it 0.05%?

#24 JinJakk

JinJakk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 04:10 PM

https://irowiki.org/wiki/Drop_System

For the drop rate 

#25 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members