Guess we are abandoned? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Guess we are abandoned?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:05 AM

152985267_3594563623996544_9208118016368

Poor IRO -_-

What about EU server? Not sure if they are also far away behind KRO.

Edited by zx56vb, 22 February 2021 - 02:18 AM.

#2 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:10 AM

Just a friendly reminder, Gravity does care about NA, but only RoM

153864337_3594571740662399_7108693388231

Edited by zx56vb, 22 February 2021 - 02:10 AM.

#3 Budhiluki

Budhiluki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:13 AM

Do you have each server population info?

#4 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:36 AM

F iRO

#5 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:39 AM

we should practice selective reading like warpportal

to ensure, positive mindset.

uaoHgAM.png

Edited by bearl, 22 February 2021 - 02:40 AM.

#6 Lynreve

Lynreve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:56 AM

Just a friendly reminder, Gravity does care about NA, but only RoM

I fled to EL the third week I returned, and left, iRO. I still log in from time to time to browse the shopping board, which sucked, by the way. Case sensitive one-time use board; useful only that at least you don't have to find the shop itself anymore.

Do you have each server population info?

There's a number beside the server when logging in. Just subtract the afk, the merchant alts, and active alts, which is probably 35-40% of that, then there you go. If you really want a clearer idea, read the reports.

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:45 AM

Remember that we had 3k or even hit 3.6k population on Xmas 2018 aka best event ever? First they killed WoE then PvM just died after. It's karma ... damn karma xD

Edited by ChakriGuard, 22 February 2021 - 06:46 AM.

#8 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM

Remember that we had 3k or even hit 3.6k population on Xmas 2018 aka best event ever? First they killed WoE then PvM just died after. It's karma ... damn karma xD

:ph34r: see no evil, selective reading

#9 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:25 AM

It just goes to show how hypocritical the general population was on server, and on forums. They all argue that they don't want power creep as it ruins the server, but the argument is both sides of a coin. Yes WP doesn't have to sell power creep but coincidentally if power creep opportunity presents itself you can choose not to take the power creep as well.

But alas we as humans once we see a grand opportunity to have the cake and eat it as well, we would pounce at the chance. So as much as the destruction of the server due to powercreep is the fault of warpportal and gravity, the blame is also on us for lusting after the powercreep and ravaging in it.

I am a prime example of this, no matter how I word myself that its all for my support bishop can better service a party and help other players in need of buff and support, I power crept for healing% gears and ways to eliminate pesky cool downs(which to this day aren't possible entirely for AB's) or else I would be spamming colo heal in parties on my own and calling every other AB on the server a scrub to assert my dominance. Deeck move, me, deeck move.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 22 February 2021 - 09:28 AM.

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:47 PM

It just goes to show how hypocritical the general population was on server, and on forums. They all argue that they don't want power creep as it ruins the server, but the argument is both sides of a coin. Yes WP doesn't have to sell power creep but coincidentally if power creep opportunity presents itself you can choose not to take the power creep as well.

But alas we as humans once we see a grand opportunity to have the cake and eat it as well, we would pounce at the chance. So as much as the destruction of the server due to powercreep is the fault of warpportal and gravity, the blame is also on us for lusting after the powercreep and ravaging in it.

I am a prime example of this, no matter how I word myself that its all for my support bishop can better service a party and help other players in need of buff and support, I power crept for healing% gears and ways to eliminate pesky cool downs(which to this day aren't possible entirely for AB's) or else I would be spamming colo heal in parties on my own and calling every other AB on the server a scrub to assert my dominance. Deeck move, me, deeck move.

:ph34r: see no evil, selective reading

- bearl

Edited by ChakriGuard, 22 February 2021 - 03:48 PM.

#11 Lynreve

Lynreve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:51 PM

Not into fear mongering, but not one to turn a blind eye too, neither in the mood for witty swipes nor blind praise against/for a CM or some morbidly obese blimp. As of right now, NA's most profitable game for PC is this one, kept afloat by the cash shop. The fact that it's still alive says a lot. The honor of being most profitable actually goes to RoM, but I won't get into that because it's somewhat irrelevant to this thread.

There's two ways I can foresee this would end. Either they cut their losses and establish a new subsidiary on paper that focuses on other games while setting up a new server(they won't furlough the people already working here nor do an actual server wipe because money), or close their NA branch and just contract with a different publisher, a highly unlikely endeavor.

#12 Congroo

Congroo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:07 PM

So are we abandoned or not? or maybe the more appropriate question is "will we soon get abandoned?".

Edited by Congroo, 23 February 2021 - 03:08 PM.

#13 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:46 PM

So are we abandoned or not? or maybe the more appropriate question is "will we soon get abandoned?".

we will got level 185 update this year, well from my perspective we are not.
the covid19 then 2019 hiatus then California fire hit hard its true, but with that condition they still deliver contents, events, and updates in an okay rate.
and although small, i believe someone posted that iRO profit is still 1.2m$

i think iRO not mentioned there cuz we are not directly under them?

#14 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:58 PM

lol the stupid event where they put gioia into instance

#15 Congroo

Congroo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:29 PM

we will got level 185 update this year, well from my perspective we are not.
the covid19 then 2019 hiatus then California fire hit hard its true, but with that condition they still deliver contents, events, and updates in an okay rate.
and although small, i believe someone posted that iRO profit is still 1.2m$

Agree on everything you said, except the okay rate. The rate is not okay, at least for me. We are 2 years behind TwRO on almost everything: level cap, skill balance, extended 2nd classes, UI updates etc.... Not to mention we are still missing old contents that are supposed to be implemented long time back, e.g. part of the EP15.2.

Note: TwRO is like constantly 1-2 years behind KRO. So we are basically 3-4 years behind KRO if you do the math.

Edited by Congroo, 23 February 2021 - 04:31 PM.

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:56 PM

Nope iRO won't get abandoned. It is a very long lived server so what is dead may never die. It isn't just the priority right now so updates come slowly. For now, kRO would rather focus updating other more profitable servers, which makes sense business wise. As stated earlier, what's dead may never die. Thus, whenever kRO has spare time, we will get updates. People will come back and play then take a break when bored. The cycle repeats.

#17 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:25 PM

Agree on everything you said, except the okay rate. The rate is not okay, at least for me. We are 2 years behind TwRO on almost everything: level cap, skill balance, extended 2nd classes, UI updates etc.... Not to mention we are still missing old contents that are supposed to be implemented long time back, e.g. part of the EP15.2.

Note: TwRO is like constantly 1-2 years behind KRO. So we are basically 3-4 years behind KRO if you do the math.

If you get used to what's happening on IRO and lower your expectations, then the rate could be okay.

#18 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:34 PM

TWRO "was" 1-2 years behind KRO.
But after Gravity established Gravity Communications there and took the game back from the local publisher. The update rate is increased rapidly.
Now the gap between them are only half year. (according to 4th jobs were updated in KRO on September and will be updated in TWRO on upcoming March)

#19 Lynreve

Lynreve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:45 PM

i believe someone posted that iRO profit is still 1.2m$

I'd like to see that report.

iRO is directly under them via subsidiary.

They skipped some of them for priorities probably. Some updates are more appealing than others for a lot of the playerbase. Unfortunately now we're seeing the price to be paid for such a lack of foresight.

#20 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:18 PM

Nope iRO won't get abandoned. It is a very long lived server so what is dead may never die. It isn't just the priority right now so updates come slowly. For now, kRO would rather focus updating other more profitable servers, which makes sense business wise. As stated earlier, what's dead may never die. Thus, whenever kRO has spare time, we will get updates. People will come back and play then take a break when bored. The cycle repeats.

We were once their profitable server, ain't we? What have they done to us when we were in that position? Who ruined us?

Damn sad to see everyone is ahead of us when we could be better but not given a chance to do so.

#21 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:10 PM

We were once their profitable server, ain't we? What have they done to us when we were in that position? Who ruined us?

Damn sad to see everyone is ahead of us when we could be better but not given a chance to do so.

That Xmas event with WOE mvp basically killed everything.

#22 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:40 PM

The main thing that ruined the server was the 3 month hiatus and the opening of the RT server. This caused 2 things, people quitting the server and once it came back, the population was already diluted between iRO Chaos and RO:T, causing a domino effect of more people quitting. Not to mention that EAC made the game really slow in terms of performance, you cannot longer open multiple ro clients with ease. It's funny and sad at the same time that such a  game as Ragnarok Online, can consume a lot of PC resources like a triple AAA game or even more if you open a couple of accounts. Also, it feels laggy/slow when it comes to the action input, things like the combination of /bangbang and /bingbing with backslide are no longer smooth to do like it used to be. 

Edited by Valtios, 23 February 2021 - 08:46 PM.

#23 Budhiluki

Budhiluki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:52 PM

You smell money corruption or what? Spit it out

#24 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:44 AM

I guess someone better go learn Korean and write to say they will volunteer to translate the patch script language to English for them over at the studio so then they don't waste valuable time doing it themselves before giving it to our WP staff.

Well, any takers? Anyone wanna volunteer the time? I'll even help you write the request application in Korean for you.

#25 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:01 AM

as long ppl spend money on this dead not up to date server. they will assume you prefer cash item over a up to date server. lol

Edited by markoh1988, 24 February 2021 - 02:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users