Just Delete the Geneticist - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Just Delete the Geneticist

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyLion

CrazyLion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationColombia/Sinergia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:26 AM

I recently tried to level a Gene that I used to play and wow, is nearly impossible even my 150 AB with newbie equipment has a better DPS, you guys realize that a support class has better damage than a Gene?? 

I do not know what was the point on nerfing the class so much, after searching a couple of guides and equip I realized that I need like 2.5b+ in equip just to reach 150K in damage with cart cannon. Even my LK can do similar damage with Bowling Bash, just delete the class.

#2 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:10 AM

I'm glad it wasn't just me - I haven't leveled my 138 Gene since 2019 and when I tried to level him last week, he either got wrecked or needed so many consumables to survive in high TI since he only was doing 60-70K with CC.

Did I miss something with the rebalance update or do I just need to invest mad Zs to have him relevant again? Only thing I don't have that looks important is a good Saphir-OS and Illusion armor for more ATK. Is there a better leveling build than CC now that I am unaware of?

#3 Kedoxu

Kedoxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:26 AM

There used to be an issue with the way the CC formula was implemented on iRO, the only change is that they fix it to work as its intended.

Now related to damage output, I easily get to do 100k damage with decent gear, Thanatos Hammer / Cylinder Hat / FAW / Chemical Gloves are the cheapest high end acc you can get that really boost the damage

With gears like those everyone should be able to easily farm High TI / NCT

#4 IDexter

IDexter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBeyond the wall

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:30 AM

Geneticist damage is pretty reasonable as it should be, unlike MA GX just 1 hit the whole content. I hate how they have made AB so OP that the concept of FS AB is now wiped out. The fact that we have no parties in RO is because even if we have party members there is no AB. All classes were meant to do something which made them unique but now it's only about money making. And that is how an MMORPG became an Online RPG.

As far as dmg in NCT and Turtle's is concerned maps should be tough or else reaching 175 will be a piece of cake. 175 should be considered as an achievement. The aura's don't mean as much as it meant back in days. Ah, how the game have changed.

Edited by IDexter, 26 February 2021 - 08:46 AM.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:42 AM

And still one of the most complete job that can take on any content just fine, with the plus over many jobs that it can still be fairly defensive while keeping it's full damage potential.

#6 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2390 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:49 AM

It might not be as op like gx but its well rounded character. Once u get the essential gears u are set to go.

#7 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:51 AM

There used to be an issue with the way the CC formula was implemented on iRO, the only change is that they fix it to work as its intended.

Now related to damage output, I easily get to do 100k damage with decent gear, Thanatos Hammer / Cylinder Hat / FAW / Chemical Gloves are the cheapest high end acc you can get that really boost the damage

With gears like those everyone should be able to easily farm High TI / NCT

Maybe it was just the Ancient Tree's huge HP Pool and DEF since it took 5 or 6+ CCs to take one out, and when they are really mobbing you it hurts to needs that many hits. I will give this week's TI a run and see how I fare.

I also have Cylinder/Sera/FAW/ChemGlove/RTE+Excelion w/ White Knight Combo so not sure how you are hitting 100K+ damage... STR 90 / DEX 90 / INT 120 too. Am I missing something here?

*EDIT: And I am not complaining to make things easier like GX, but Ranger, Rune Knight, Royal Guard, and Arch Bishop seem to be much smoother in this 125-150 level range than Gene and I just haven't played mine for a long time, haha.

Edited by Jefuu, 26 February 2021 - 09:55 AM.

#8 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:57 AM

Cry more since you don't have 2 kiel

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 February 2021 - 10:12 AM

Yeah but ... Gen has the cart. Gen is almost forever on speed pot. Gen can do Seagod easily. Gen can do almost all element attacks? Gen also has FCP.

The only class that is brokenly OP is GX. Other classes are still kind of ... balanced to each of their own?

#10 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:15 AM

Gene may be less powerful in PvM but they are more annoying than ever in PvP.

#11 Kedoxu

Kedoxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:59 AM

Maybe it was just the Ancient Tree's huge HP Pool and DEF since it took 5 or 6+ CCs to take one out, and when they are really mobbing you it hurts to needs that many hits. I will give this week's TI a run and see how I fare.

I also have Cylinder/Sera/FAW/ChemGlove/RTE+Excelion w/ White Knight Combo so not sure how you are hitting 100K+ damage... STR 90 / DEX 90 / INT 120 too. Am I missing something here?

*EDIT: And I am not complaining to make things easier like GX, but Ranger, Rune Knight, Royal Guard, and Arch Bishop seem to be much smoother in this 125-150 level range than Gene and I just haven't played mine for a long time, haha.

I remember once leveling my Arm Cannon Mechanic on High TI with Ancient Trees on the TI I just ignore them, since it get almost pointless to kill a such high HP mob.

If you want to further increase damage consider using +20 stats foods, Oda food, Infinity Drink, Blessing Scrolls and I do use Temp Ring with Temp Boots combo and remember to use Pyroclastic if you have a Dieter.

#12 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:08 PM

I remember once leveling my Arm Cannon Mechanic on High TI with Ancient Trees on the TI I just ignore them, since it get almost pointless to kill a such high HP mob.

If you want to further increase damage consider using +20 stats foods, Oda food, Infinity Drink, Blessing Scrolls and I do use Temp Ring with Temp Boots combo and remember to use Pyroclastic if you have a Dieter.

Oda/Infinity/Blessing Scrolls are a go, but perhaps I should start using my +20 foods for him too.

I was thinking of holding off on the Temp DEX Boots til he hits 120 DEX but forgot that Temp Ring will give +40 INT, or DEX that might help a bit with Expert Archer 4. Although, with the formula for CC damage including INT, would Runaway Magic or Hawkeye be the better choice here (since the Hit bonus is moot)?

#13 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:08 PM

Geneticist damage is pretty reasonable as it should be, unlike MA GX just 1 hit the whole content. I hate how they have made AB so OP that the concept of FS AB is now wiped out. The fact that we have no parties in RO is because even if we have party members there is no AB. All classes were meant to do something which made them unique but now it's only about money making. And that is how an MMORPG became an Online RPG.

As far as dmg in NCT and Turtle's is concerned maps should be tough or else reaching 175 will be a piece of cake. 175 should be considered as an achievement. The aura's don't mean as much as it meant back in days. Ah, how the game have changed.

FS AB isn't wiped out, but there isn't any real purpose for them at all anymore considering the AB now can deal good damage on their own. This however never stopped anyone newbie or not as slim pots were always available and it has been spelling out the ending of healers for a long time as it was.

Even when the 4th job comes out for us, you will be hard pressed to see much support passed people know Madiele Votum as they will focus on damage aspects of them rather than the support side, which offers nearly nothing more than a few negligible single target new stat buffs with 300 second cooldowns.

You tell me, why bother being FS in this day and age? And most importantly, would you do it? I know I will, but can you?

#14 Kedoxu

Kedoxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:21 PM

Oda/Infinity/Blessing Scrolls are a go, but perhaps I should start using my +20 foods for him too.

I was thinking of holding off on the Temp DEX Boots til he hits 120 DEX but forgot that Temp Ring will give +40 INT, or DEX that might help a bit with Expert Archer 4. Although, with the formula for CC damage including INT, would Runaway Magic or Hawkeye be the better choice here (since the Hit bonus is moot)?

I mostly use only INT/STR/LUK +20 foods - Runaway Magic enchant and Temp Ring add a good increase on damage and I think now it's a good time to get one with the price decrease.

Also PDM its a good investment for the future.

#15 CrazyLion

CrazyLion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationColombia/Sinergia

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:08 PM

The thing with the gene is that right now you need to invest a way more than other classes and even that way your damage is not the best, at least for PvM, not mention the GX with MA, but I'm pretty sure that right now in PvM is the class with the lowest DPS/Total zeny invested in equipment. 

#16 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:49 PM

Yeah.. demage to low.. even AB can does higher demage than gene now didnt?

#17 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:34 PM

Everything started with kRO sending a fix that elemental converters no longer worked for gene...

#18 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:04 PM

Converters werent meant to work with CC in the first place?

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:56 PM

"comparing" sheer damage numbers doesn't and has never worked on RO, the disparity between glass cannon builds and those that aren't on specific scenarios can get very wide. As an entire kit, there's no class more complete to deal with every situation more comfortably than genetic in the game.

#20 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:15 PM

Yeah but ... Gen has the cart. Gen is almost forever on speed pot. Gen can do Seagod easily. Gen can do almost all element attacks? Gen also has FCP.

The only class that is brokenly OP is GX. Other classes are still kind of ... balanced to each of their own?

what is speed pot and FCP? now days can gene still play well in Bio5?

#21 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:17 PM

Speed Pot = Speed Potion, an item that is used for increasing movement speed to the same speed as Geneticist Cart Boost

"Pot" is a common shortened term for "Potion".

FCP = Full Chemical Protection, a Geneticist skill for preventing equipment from breaking

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 26 February 2021 - 05:19 PM.

#22 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:09 PM

what is speed pot and FCP? now days can gene still play well in Bio5?

Speed pot and FCP are explained above. About Bio5, I dont know. I dont play Gen but if he's really geared, I think he can? Gotta ask Gen mains out there hahaha

#23 IDexter

IDexter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBeyond the wall

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:01 PM

FS AB isn't wiped out, but there isn't any real purpose for them at all anymore considering the AB now can deal good damage on their own. This however never stopped anyone newbie or not as slim pots were always available and it has been spelling out the ending of healers for a long time as it was.

Even when the 4th job comes out for us, you will be hard pressed to see much support passed people know Madiele Votum as they will focus on damage aspects of them rather than the support side, which offers nearly nothing more than a few negligible single target new stat buffs with 300 second cooldowns.

You tell me, why bother being FS in this day and age? And most importantly, would you do it? I know I will, but can you?

Of course I will. FS AB's were ending from a long time I know it and it's not like battle AB is a new concept but buffing battle AB's has just made other builds irrelevant just like RC/CRS GX. I miss how I used to party with my full support AB and it was fun. But now everyone wants battle AB as if they were meant to battle. 

I don't know what future updates we will get. I've long played this game and this is what I observed in the past year and you can't change my mind.

#24 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:30 PM

Gene 2nd rebalance for improved CC damage formula and base level scaling (and return of AI)

#25 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:17 AM

Its not the best, but its good enough for the job. Decent ATK and DEF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users