April 1st Renewal Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 1st Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#51 AnyoneYouKnow

AnyoneYouKnow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:09 PM

That adjustment would be nice for all of the meta cash shop stuff. Yeah, the OCP equipments. Just raising the required refinement rate for that stuff should be enough. (i.e.: +7 Gear raised to +9 or +10)
Other suggestion is the addition of Shadow Equipment Enchantment boxes inside the kachua, at the same Shadow Equip Box tiers.
And Campitor, why the Charleston Crisis and the Shadowed Dream instance are with broken dialogs and missing features? (Especially the equipment enchantment).
But nice progress with the adjustments, I just hope iRO recovers a bit of glory this year.

#52 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:09 PM

The studio set it to 1. Please share your feedback and we will seek permission to get it changed (I hope retroactively).

Thats honestly a bad joke even for an april fools day lol

Imagine spending money and your reward is ONE prize medal how would you feel with that?

I think saying it would be "disappointing" is an understatement 

#53 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:10 PM

I want to know.. thats new manteau is total 7% resistance every 18 stats if at +15?

Yes

#54 CrazyLion

CrazyLion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationColombia/Sinergia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:12 PM

One prize medal in one key?hahahahahahhahahahaha

In the old one you could get a box with 30 Poison Bottles, which means you got 30 Poison Bottles for around100 KP (25M), but in game I can buy 1.800 Poison Bottles for the same price, totally fair. I do not like to complain, but buying things like Kachua Keys, Silvervine or any other "random" KP item, is totally worthless, is more profitable buying form another player who wasted the money. 

However, I'm glad to see a new Gene gear for CC damage, is not that OP, but with the current damage for this class even a 10% is appreciated. 

Edited by CrazyLion, 01 April 2021 - 01:14 PM.

#55 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:28 PM

The item effects were set by the studio. Please post feedback and we will happily share it with the studio.

Please restore the original effect of Cylinder Shoes, that is, 

when refine level is +12 or higher:
MaxHP + 10%, MaxSP + 10%,

reduces casting time of Cart Cannon by 50%,

increases Cart Cannon damage by 1% per 2 base level.

rather than only gives

Max HP + 3%
Max SP + 3%

#56 AnyoneYouKnow

AnyoneYouKnow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:28 PM

How it's not that op? it's basically a +12 Old Midas Whisper but considering you can wear both shoes and hat...
It's just not stupid as the original one with +100% atkspeed or +174% CC Damage.
But if 3rd class adjustment ever comes this year, the shoes with halved damage effect is more than perfect. (Meanwhile MA will just get capped compared to CI or even RC)

#57 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:31 PM

@Camp my one-cent feedback: if all the Kachua items are set by the Studio, then next time if you want to bring in new items, can you at least post what you are going to add like one week before with the intended effects, and collect the feedback from the community?

You already saw people were really unhappy with the new items, and 1 prize medal from 1 Kachua key... I am not sure if the Studio is doing April fool's joke :)

My feedback for this Kachua:

1. Please restore the original jRO effect of cylinder boots (or ask the Studio to nerf enforcer shoes for BALANCE PURPOSE if you cannot do it).

2. Please at least put 10+ prize medal for 1 Kachua.

Edited by mic9010, 01 April 2021 - 01:32 PM.

#58 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:32 PM

How it's not that op? it's basically a +12 Old Midas Whisper but considering you can wear both shoes and hat...
It's just not stupid as the original one with +100% atkspeed or +174% CC Damage.
But if 3rd class adjustment ever comes this year, the shoes with halved damage effect is more than perfect. (Meanwhile MA will just get capped compared to CI or even RC)

The fact is that MA damage is already so broken, and can deal with more than 10 times of other class's DPS. It doesn't make sense to keep MA so OP but instead keep nerf other classes.  Even with the original version of the cylinder shoes, the CC damage is still not enough compared to other classes.

As you talked about the adjustment, we live in the current time, we don't live in the future or in the dream or in KRO.

Edited by crystalerLM, 01 April 2021 - 01:34 PM.

#59 ojamajoRED

ojamajoRED

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:JRO

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:32 PM

FYI. if you are curious about the Guardian of Soul enchantment.

Due to lasted update, GoS in JRO can have a Corridor if Abyss' specific enchant effect as 3rd enchant when refine rate is maximum. (+10 in JRO)

Spoiler

The シンソウの王 (Abyssal King) enchant effect is boosting all status by 10 and have set bonus combo with many CoA cards. (e.g. Warrior Lora Card, Doom Guardian Ka Des Card, Abyssal Old King Groza Card, etc.)

Edited by ojamajoRED, 01 April 2021 - 01:41 PM.

#60 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:43 PM

The studio is rebalancing items to fit their intended balance for the game.

is this an april's fool joke?

do the studio even know what game they are trying to balance?

i usually do not care about nerfs / low return cash grabs, but this is just bad.

1 prize medal per kachua? considering 2000 prize medals were given in OCP.

as for the gears, its like the changes were random. the boots gets a 3% bonus at +12 making the total +13%, and removing all other effects.

and then sending items that had the final form enchantable in its original server and we get it nerfed + without the enchantments.

#61 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:45 PM

i think it would be better if u keep the effect of cylinder boots and just make it +15 to get the full effect.. thats a win win. player gets the right effect and u make some income while we spam the npc to make it +15. and even with full effect we still have the enforcer shoes lol sooo LOL

#62 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:48 PM

feedback?

my idea :
cylinder boots
return 50% cast and 1% per 2 lvl on this boots at +12
gene already weak enough that even support class like AB can out dps

Feather shield : change 1% delay per 2 refined to 1 and buff that atk & matk. Also remove that 2% at +0 if iRO already decided what this shield was.

Guardian of soul : change that unbearable +15 option to +14, kRO not even have that high refined option you know. Be reasonable.

#63 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:49 PM

iro is heading the direction you wanted.

but you're hardly playing
am i right? :D

Is heading to the direction that should of been lol. IRO has always been a special case and wants to be different from other official servers or how kRO wants lol

And yeah you aint wrong hahaha

Edited by ChakriGuard, 01 April 2021 - 01:50 PM.

#64 AnyoneYouKnow

AnyoneYouKnow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:50 PM

The fact is that MA damage is already so broken, and can deal with more than 10 times of other class's DPS. It doesn't make sense to keep MA so OP but instead keep nerf other classes.  Even with the original version of the cylinder shoes, the CC damage is still not enough compared to other classes.

As you talked about the adjustment, we live in the current time, we don't live in the future or in the dream or in KRO.

Well, it's not a nerf at all, since it isn't reducing the current class damage, in fact, the item stills increasing it by a large ammount.
If we're ever considering the level 185 scenario possibility for this year's roadmap, what you're saying is a bit odd, honestly.
It's not like you need to deal more than 10 times of other classe's DPS to clean the current content, (GX was born broken , what made people mad in fact was the Enforcer Shoes being so stupidly accessible for everyone with it's stunning attributes, but once they removed EF Shoes OCP from the last Fire Sales --- And Probably it will stay removed from the next Fire Sales) the thing is just the fact how big numbers make people's eyes shine roughly. Even after the Elemental Converter bug fix, genetic stills cleaning the game content. You guys were just resigned, conformed with those many bugs. It's funny although how you just ignored my suggestion of applying such adjustments to any of the meta cash shop gear.   :ani_sry:  :ani_sry:  :ani_sry:  :ani_sry: 

#65 AnyoneYouKnow

AnyoneYouKnow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:59 PM

But you know, I see the situation with the PoV of how people don't want their classes being stronger than GX, the class gravity never had any idea of balance and they just made it stupid strong since it exists, it's more likely they just want to see the class itself being the weakest. Well... that's more unrealistic than expecting the level expansion I just mentioned twice. (I mean, just look after any RO server with 3rd/4th classes, things were just made to be like that, WP just had some bad decisions at all about how easy and cheap those stuff were to acquire)

#66 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:00 PM

If I complain about getting more custom heal% type gears, it falls on dead ears.

If everyone else complains about balancing gears, KRO "balances" gears.

Yep, really seeing that my years of service donating large amounts of my pay check is getting some form of reward.

But that's just my rant for the week. Apart from that I guess you are doing your best Camp. It's just a shame you have people complaining one this end, then studio gives you bullcrud on the other end to further fan the flames, making you the one victim that gets blamed either way. Cheer up Camp and know that I do appreciate the work you and everyone at Warpportal do to give us an RO server.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 01 April 2021 - 02:02 PM.

#67 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:02 PM

Well, it's not a nerf at all, since it isn't reducing the current class damage, in fact, the item stills increasing it by a large ammount.
If we're ever considering the level 185 scenario possibility for this year's roadmap, what you're saying is a bit odd, honestly.
It's not like you need to deal more than 10 times of other classe's DPS to clean the current content, (GX was born broken , what made people mad in fact was the Enforcer Shoes being so stupidly accessible for everyone with it's stunning attributes, but once they removed EF Shoes OCP from the last Fire Sales --- And Probably it will stay removed from the next Fire Sales) the thing is just the fact how big numbers make people's eyes shine roughly. Even after the Elemental Converter bug fix, genetic stills cleaning the game content. You guys were just resigned, conformed with those many bugs. It's funny although how you just ignored my suggestion of applying such adjustments to any of the meta cash shop gear.   :ani_sry:  :ani_sry:  :ani_sry:  :ani_sry: 

I agree with you, @Camp, please make enforcer shoes to get its full current effect at +15 instead of +7, it's a win-win, and people still have a way to achieve the full potential in game :)

#68 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:14 PM

But you know, I see the situation with the PoV of how people don't want their classes being stronger than GX, the class gravity never had any idea of balance and they just made it stupid strong since it exists, it's more likely they just want to see the class itself being the weakest. Well... that's more unrealistic than expecting the level expansion I just mentioned twice. (I mean, just look after any RO server with 3rd/4th classes, things were just made to be like that, WP just had some bad decisions at all about how easy and cheap those stuff were to acquire)

Let the enforcer shoes to achieve its full effect at more than +16. That would be fine for you then. If you think not firesale the enforcer shoes is somewhat solve the issue, and other classes deserve stay weak, I would rather suggest delete the enforcer shoes itself then that's what you suggest (or like sell it at 100,000 kp  to you)

#69 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:29 PM

The studio set it to 1. Please share your feedback and we will seek permission to get it changed (I hope retroactively).

Under the previous OCP system we had boxes such as OCP 4 And 26, Remix OCPs 6, 9 and 12 giving players 2,000 Prize Medals And 2015 October Lucky Box giving 1,000 and Feb 2016 Lucky box giving 2,000 Prize Medals. This was at the cost of 300 kp per OCP and 150 kp? Per groove pack (someone please correct me if I’m wrong). And for the next paragraph, Blacksmith Blessing were obtained from other OCP in quantities of 8 while the price was 300 kp per OCP.

Under the new Kachua Key System a player may spend 200 kp for 1 key or 2000 kp for 11 keys, with this pricing we see that there is a single Blacksmith Blessing being offered as a reward which as it stands can still do something; however, a single Prize Medal does not offer much and it is not an incentive towards wanting to roll this. Players spent 300 kp and were rewarded with 2,000 Prize Medals or 8 Blacksmith Blessings, now players spend 200 kp for 1 blacksmith blessing and 1 prize medal? I suggest the quantity of Prize Medals obtained be increased to either 250 Prize Medals to accommodate for the 8:1 ratio that Blacksmith Blessing dropped from in its previous box series or 500 Prize Medals to make the roll somewhat more appealing than 1.

8:1 would be 2000:250 Prize Medals. I will even suggest 500 Prize Medals for the following reason.
The uses of Prize Medals is very limited to Hugel and Einbroch. In einbroch you can trade 1000 Prize Medals for an elemental armor which has utility and can also be sold in the market, whereas the prize medals in quantities of 1 cannot even be traded and are account bound. Yes, there is also an exp trade for medals but paying 200kp in hopes for something of use or value and getting a Prize Medal is rather demoralizing. Thus making the quantity 500 Prize Medals per roll (a very generous amount) or even a fair amount based on the previous 8:1 ratio that BSB (the only other consumable that was obtained in multiple amounts and currently in the Kachua System) would actually do more good than keeping the prize medal value at 1, at the very least it continues the market incentive that drives iRO.

For reference here are values of what a player can do with Prize Medals which is extremely limited and without being able to trade we are closing off a potential market which can only be enabled through trading the medals for items to then sell. It is important to keep in mind that this creates an incentive for players to actually open something knowing there will be at least something of value because people in iRO trade items from cash shop for zeny and they also buy Kachua to sell something in the market and make zeny.

This goes beyond just “it’s 1 prize medal why would I want to try for that?” To “at least everything can be of use somehow.

If you obtain one of the other items use grandma boxter: https://irowiki.org/.../Grandma_Boxter

If you have prize medals you can do something with them here: https://irowiki.org/...mes#Prize_Medal

NOTE: I wrote this on mobile it’s hard to see but you can understand that a 1:8 ratio for the new box (I wrote 8:1 because we went from 8 BSB to 1 and I am suggesting 2000 prize medals to 250 as the new 8:1 for the item)

Edited by CaptainSunbear, 01 April 2021 - 02:36 PM.

#70 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:34 PM

you get less value on your money spent on iRO with every update lol

you were around during times of groove boxes, yggdrasil ascencion, grandma boxter, a year of "buffed" VIP and etc Camp, you know how those were much better value on the money spent. Fight off kRO's sh.itty monetization aproaches.

#71 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:01 PM

Under the previous OCP system we had boxes such as OCP 4 And 26, Remix OCPs 6, 9 and 12 giving players 2,000 Prize Medals And 2015 October Lucky Box giving 1,000 and Feb 2016 Lucky box giving 2,000 Prize Medals. This was at the cost of 300 kp per OCP and 150 kp? Per groove pack (someone please correct me if I’m wrong). And for the next paragraph, Blacksmith Blessing were obtained from other OCP in quantities of 8 while the price was 300 kp per OCP.

Under the new Kachua Key System a player may spend 200 kp for 1 key or 2000 kp for 11 keys, with this pricing we see that there is a single Blacksmith Blessing being offered as a reward which as it stands can still do something; however, a single Prize Medal does not offer much and it is not an incentive towards wanting to roll this. Players spent 300 kp and were rewarded with 2,000 Prize Medals or 8 Blacksmith Blessings, now players spend 200 kp for 1 blacksmith blessing and 1 prize medal? I suggest the quantity of Prize Medals obtained be increased to either 250 Prize Medals to accommodate for the 8:1 ratio that Blacksmith Blessing dropped from in its previous box series or 500 Prize Medals to make the roll somewhat more appealing than 1.

8:1 would be 2000:250 Prize Medals. I will even suggest 500 Prize Medals for the following reason.
The uses of Prize Medals is very limited to Hugel and Einbroch. In einbroch you can trade 1000 Prize Medals for an elemental armor which has utility and can also be sold in the market, whereas the prize medals in quantities of 1 cannot even be traded and are account bound. Yes, there is also an exp trade for medals but paying 200kp in hopes for something of use or value and getting a Prize Medal is rather demoralizing. Thus making the quantity 500 Prize Medals per roll (a very generous amount) or even a fair amount based on the previous 8:1 ratio that BSB (the only other consumable that was obtained in multiple amounts and currently in the Kachua System) would actually do more good than keeping the prize medal value at 1, at the very least it continues the market incentive that drives iRO.

For reference here are values of what a player can do with Prize Medals which is extremely limited and without being able to trade we are closing off a potential market which can only be enabled through trading the medals for items to then sell. It is important to keep in mind that this creates an incentive for players to actually open something knowing there will be at least something of value because people in iRO trade items from cash shop for zeny and they also buy Kachua to sell something in the market and make zeny.

This goes beyond just “it’s 1 prize medal why would I want to try for that?” To “at least everything can be of use somehow.

If you obtain one of the other items use grandma boxter: https://irowiki.org/.../Grandma_Boxter

If you have prize medals you can do something with them here: https://irowiki.org/...mes#Prize_Medal

NOTE: I wrote this on mobile it’s hard to see but you can understand that a 1:8 ratio for the new box (I wrote 8:1 because we went from 8 BSB to 1 and I am suggesting 2000 prize medals to 250 as the new 8:1 for the item)

+1

Edited by worldeditor95, 01 April 2021 - 03:01 PM.

#72 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:12 PM

And, please 300KP for 6 to 8 Blacksmith Blessing, why 181KP to 200KP for just 1 Blacksmith Blessing... 4 Blacksmith Blessing per Kachua key, please.

And, your new Kachua is like hey I have something new for you but not better than those I have provided to you earlier on. Not sure if this marketing strategy is right.

And, I think bringing OCA enchantment into this 2 new gear will really bring farming some other instances back to life especially for (IF) new players joining this server, since you can obtain OCA in much easier way in the early game to help with gears funding.

#73 1104094507

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:16 PM

lmao this patchnote and kachua key content is absolutely april fool  :lol:

#74 rockmanpiya

rockmanpiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:20 PM

I know , the studio want to destroy iRO

#75 ZHONGKAIH

ZHONGKAIH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:29 PM

Camp, If you wanna nerf any ocps to balance, do it on all other ocps before. Only nerf new ocp is unfair to these classes.

I cant imagine how will you nerf Enforcer Shoes if it is a new ocp implemented today. It looks like GX is the strongest class because they have the earlier ocp. LMAO, so ridiculouos.

Edited by ZHONGKAIH, 01 April 2021 - 03:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users