How to safely upgrade items to +9? - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How to safely upgrade items to +9?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:57 AM

Returning player and I have several items that needs to be +9 for full effect, e.g. Autumn Headband, Cylindrical Hairband, HBP, etc. How can I safely upgrade these items to +9 now? I have 1 safe to 10 cert. Isn't there an NPC that allows you to continually upgrade your equips without breaking even on failures? 

#2 chiefkikahoe

chiefkikahoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:18 AM

That NPC is gone now, it was replaced when they did the new refinement UI system. Suhnmi in 2nd floor of eden is the easiest to get to. To refine from +4 to +7 use safe to 7 certificates(can be Headgear, Body or Weapon) then from +7 to +10 use Enriched ores and Blacksmith blessings for safe refinement and higher rate. Each upgrade requires more blacksmith blessings; +7 to +8 requires 1, +8 to +9 requires 2 and +9 to +10 requires 4 and can fail but won’t destroy item. Alternatively from +9 to +10 you can use safe to 10 certificate with corresponding Ore however rates are low so you might need more than 1 certificate. Hope this helps. Good luck!

https://irowiki.org/...finement_System

Edited by chiefkikahoe, 15 April 2021 - 09:21 AM.

#3 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:39 AM

The new refinement UI was added to iRO about a year ago (Feb 2020). That change made HD ores mostly useless.

Since then, we have two different types of refinement events, in addition to normal refinement. I'll explain the recommended way to safely (no break) upgrade for each, using armor and Level 4 Weapons in all examples.

Refinement rates:

https://irowiki.org/...Success_Chances

Normal refinement

chiefkikahoe already went over this, but I'm putting it here because it also applies to Refine Rate Increase events (sometimes known as Mad Bunny Refine).

• From 0, get to +4 using normal ores (Oridecon or Elunium) - 100% success rate
  • From +4, get to +5 and up to +7 using normal ores and the corresponding Safe to 7 Certificate - NPC: Mighty Hammer
    • Failure will not break or degrade
  • From +7, get to +8 and +9 using Enriched ores (Enriched Elunium or Oridecon) and Blacksmith Blessing
  • From +9, get to +10 using Enriched ores and Blacksmith Blessing
  • From +10, get to +11 using normal ores (Carnium or Bradium) - 100% success rate
  • From +11, get to +12 and up to +20 using HD ores (HD Carnium or HD Bradium)
    • Failure will degrade by 1 but not break

Notes:

• Other than getting to +7, go to any NPC with the refinement UI for everything else
    • Or for weapons, use your own Blacksmith/Mastersmith character to safely get to +4
  • Blacksmith Blessing can only be used at +7 or above
  • You cannot use Blacksmith Blessing with Shadow equipment
  • At +7, you can use HD Elunium or Oridecon
    • Failure will degrade by 1
    • If the refine level drops to +6, you can no longer use HD Elunium/Oridecon
  • You can use normal ores in place of Enriched ores, but the success rate of Enriched Ores is about 0.5-1x better than normal ores
  • At +9, you can get to +10 using HD ores (HD Elunium/Oridecon) and Safe to 10 Certificates
    • Success rate of HD ores is the same as normal ores
  • You can use Enriched ores at any time (without Blacksmith Blessing), but failure will break

Refinement event: Enriched

• From 0, get to +4 using normal ores (Oridecon or Elunium)
  • From +4, get to +10 using Enriched ores (Enriched Elunium or Oridecon)
    • Failure will degrade by 1 but not break

Notes:

• Refinement rates during Enriched event is still the same as normal refinement
  • Normal refinement still works (you can still use Safe to 7 Certificates and Blacksmith Blessings), but you don't need to use them during Enriched events in order to safely upgrade (no break upon failure)
  • During Enriched events, you can safely upgrade Shadow equipment to +10

Refinement event: Refine Rate Increase (AKA Mad Bunny Refine)

• Methods to safely upgrade are the same as normal refinement
  • The only difference is that the success rate is 0.5-1x higher during Refine Rate Increase events (e.g., 40% w/ Enriched normally -> 60% w/ Enriched during Mad Bunny) using Enriched ores (Elunium/Oridecon) or HD ores (Carnium/Bradium)

Refine Rate Increase events are mostly for getting equipment above +11--usually +13 to +16.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 22 June 2021 - 09:08 AM.

#4 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:24 PM

Bro, if your patience permits it, the best way to upgrade is to wait for Enriched upgrade events,

which would be the safest way to upgrade your gear to +10,  but at cost of Enriched Elu/Oris. which goes down 1 level if upgrade attempt fails in this event.

Using +7 Safe to upgrade Certs gives you chance to upgrade your gears from +4 to +7 without breaking, This can be acquired through MVP item exchange at Eden

And also by, Blacksmith blessings--which can be bought from players, or can be randomly won in Kachua Keys(these are obtainable from buying certain consumable boxes.)

Edited by Meddler01, 15 April 2021 - 02:51 PM.

#5 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:02 AM

• From +4, get to +7 using normal ores and the corresponding Safe to 7 Certificate - NPC: Mighty Hammer

does it mean if I want to upgrade from +4 to +5 I still use Safe to 7 Certificate? (there is no "Safe to 5 Sertificate", right?)

#6 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 10:19 AM

That's right. I'll edit my post to be more clear, like:
From +4, get to +5 and up to +7 using...

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 16 April 2021 - 10:23 AM.

#7 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:37 AM

6250140829153758463, you are great! appreciate your help. I like the way you describe things

#8 pelthors

pelthors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 08:44 AM

That NPC is gone now, it was replaced when they did the new refinement UI system. Suhnmi in 2nd floor of eden is the easiest to get to. To refine from +4 to +7 use safe to 7 certificates(can be Headgear, Body or Weapon) then from +7 to +10 use Enriched ores and Blacksmith blessings for safe refinement and higher rate. Each upgrade requires more blacksmith blessings; +7 to +8 requires 1, +8 to +9 requires 2 and +9 to +10 requires 4 and can fail but won’t destroy item. Alternatively from +9 to +10 you can use safe to 10 certificate with corresponding Ore however rates are low so you might need more than 1 certificate. Hope this helps. Good luck!

https://irowiki.org/...finement_System

How to do this without the safe certs... not all servers have safe to 7 certs but i might have 450+ bsb....

#9 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2023 - 10:23 AM

Which server doesnt have safe to 7? I only play chaos.

Right now theres Enriched Event so you can use Enriched Ores to safely upgrade equipment from +4 to +10. If fail it just degrade not break. Since you have lots of BSB just click on the BSB AND the enriched ores after getting it to +7. All of it is done on the new refine UI.

This thread is kinda necro lol.

Edited by gaurus, 15 November 2023 - 11:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users