the restricted way to wear a character in iRO - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

the restricted way to wear a character in iRO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 23 May 2021 - 01:37 PM

Ok, very simple.

You're starting a new character here. So, you can easily lvl up to lvl 100 and get Third job. 

Then want to continue, and you see everyone is solo leveling, so, you try this way. But you can't, your eden group gears are not enough.

So, you ask to these guys how to obtain what they use: fafnir scale, Supplemental Chip, Shield Ring, arquien's necklace, Catherine von Blood, Cylinder Hairband, Enforcer shoes, Shrine Maiden hat, etc. (i think one key item is enough)

They'll answer you can get those items in a special "event" called Fire sale, it's once every six months. Well, you don't know when it was the last fire sale and you don't even know how much you have to spend to adquire those gears.
Omg, ok, i can buy these gears in prontera, maybe. Well, once you are in prontera, some items are not in the market, and others are expensive, because you are a legit player who won't use bots, and you have to work to earn money and live and farming is not a good idea in that life schedule. 

So, you may think is not worth to pay here, is not worth to stay here, because you know nothing and nobody helps you. Then you decide to uninstall Ragnarok online, and spend your money and your time in other games where you can start without problems.

Well, this is the main problem is this server and that's why people left. Because everything that allow you to play in a good way is exclusive and restricted. You have to wait months to have the chance (is not even csure) to play decently.

It's necessary to guarantee the access of "Key gears" for new players and characters through Kafra shop. The gameplay is not the best. the server is not competing with others alternative, where you have free access to everything. 

#2 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 23 May 2021 - 01:59 PM

I've seen tons of lv 100 ~150 players with eden gears, i can see 3 things here.
1)Warpportal really believe people are still buying ' Magic Stones ' for 100 kp and ' Chick Hat' for 500 kp.
2) Warpportal trully believe some guy, new in the server, will pay 100 usd to get maybe one useful thing.
3) Warpportal don't want free players around, if you want play well, buy WP stuffs.

These ítem are not bad itself if you give it another view according to current game and what management want.

New players want to test, want to try, so is very dumb try to sell for KP crap items, like 'Chick Hat' and etc for ton of money, so probably he won't pay anything and actually go to play lol.
 to atract players and make it stay, let them try for free enjoy, it's very hard pass from 100 to 175 for a new player so probably he quits when he can't kill some mob.
How you can do that, re thinking some of KP stuffs and why not bring Kro free gears to level up.

Edited by Ucatolica, 23 May 2021 - 02:01 PM.

#3 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 02:34 PM

Ok, very simple.

You're starting a new character here. So, you can easily lvl up to lvl 100 and get Third job. 

Then want to continue, and you see everyone is solo leveling, so, you try this way. But you can't, your eden group gears are not enough.

So, you ask to these guys how to obtain what they use: fafnir scale, Supplemental Chip, Shield Ring, arquien's necklace, Catherine von Blood, Cylinder Hairband, Enforcer shoes, Shrine Maiden hat, etc. (i think one key item is enough)

They'll answer you can get those items in a special "event" called Fire sale, it's once every six months. Well, you don't know when it was the last fire sale and you don't even know how much you have to spend to adquire those gears.
Omg, ok, i can buy these gears in prontera, maybe. Well, once you are in prontera, some items are not in the market, and others are expensive, because you are a legit player who won't use bots, and you have to work to earn money and live and farming is not a good idea in that life schedule. 

So, you may think is not worth to pay here, is not worth to stay here, because you know nothing and nobody helps you. Then you decide to uninstall Ragnarok online, and spend your money and your time in other games where you can start without problems.

Well, this is the main problem is this server and that's why people left. Because everything that allow you to play in a good way is exclusive and restricted. You have to wait months to have the chance (is not even csure) to play decently.

It's necessary to guarantee the access of "Key gears" for new players and characters through Kafra shop. The gameplay is not the best. the server is not competing with others alternative, where you have free access to everything. 

Why can't a new player who wants these exclusive gears that are no longer in the cash shop buy WPE/KP and sell those items to players for zeny and then purchase the gears the way from other players? Also lets be clear here. These are considered the "best" items in game. I think skill and performance can equate a bit. you do not need the "best item" to succeed. what about 2nd best? 3rd best? The real issue here is no one wants to spend time researching stuff for a 17 year old game. if they did research they could find cheaper alternatives to allow game play until they can afford the best items.

If someone really wants to play on this server there is many resources available for them. If they come to this forum there is a place to look for guilds/parties, class discussion threads, etc. There are also fan sites and a wiki they can go to. Will it be difficult? Sure. It depends on that person on how much effort they want to succeed. This is not an "RO problem" this is a "person problem" If they really wanted to stay here they would. Now, are some people going to try IRO and not like it because it is difficult? Yes they will and that is fine. Their choice.

Now about the whole go to another game where they have free access to items is a good argument. I have not played on any of these but I have heard rumors. For example: "monsters drop costumes" Well... you still have to kill that monster to get that right? What if the one you wanted is too high to begin with? Now would it not be more correct to say "they have alternate in game systems to acquire items you might be able to purchase" But I agree with this reasoning. I personally would like for IRO to give an option for people who do not want to invest money into KP items a chance to get those items. Maybe.. a certain loot chest when you complete an instance?

You mentioned that you need to work and live. Farming is not a good idea. Why is it not a good idea? I think a better way of saying this is "I do not want to spend time farming" You have to do 1 of 2 things or a combination of both. Spend real money to spend on shop items to get zeny. Or, spend time to farm to get items to trade to zeny, or a combination of both. You cannot just log on ro and expect to have amazing gears without work.

#4 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 02:59 PM

Why can't a new player who wants these exclusive gears that are no longer in the cash shop buy WPE/KP and sell those items to players for zeny and then purchase the gears the way from other players? Also lets be clear here. These are considered the "best" items in game. I think skill and performance can equate a bit. you do not need the "best item" to succeed. what about 2nd best? 3rd best? The real issue here is no one wants to spend time researching stuff for a 17 year old game. if they did research they could find cheaper alternatives to allow game play until they can afford the best items.

If someone really wants to play on this server there is many resources available for them. If they come to this forum there is a place to look for guilds/parties, class discussion threads, etc. There are also fan sites and a wiki they can go to. Will it be difficult? Sure. It depends on that person on how much effort they want to succeed. This is not an "RO problem" this is a "person problem" If they really wanted to stay here they would. Now, are some people going to try IRO and not like it because it is difficult? Yes they will and that is fine. Their choice.

Now about the whole go to another game where they have free access to items is a good argument. I have not played on any of these but I have heard rumors. For example: "monsters drop costumes" Well... you still have to kill that monster to get that right? What if the one you wanted is too high to begin with? Now would it not be more correct to say "they have alternate in game systems to acquire items you might be able to purchase" But I agree with this reasoning. I personally would like for IRO to give an option for people who do not want to invest money into KP items a chance to get those items. Maybe.. a certain loot chest when you complete an instance?

You mentioned that you need to work and live. Farming is not a good idea. Why is it not a good idea? I think a better way of saying this is "I do not want to spend time farming" You have to do 1 of 2 things or a combination of both. Spend real money to spend on shop items to get zeny. Or, spend time to farm to get items to trade to zeny, or a combination of both. You cannot just log on ro and expect to have amazing gears without work.

1. I spent WP/KP and nobody wants to buy Kachua loot, still there over one week.
2. The same happen to farming, i got cards from 17.1 Illusion and nobody wants to buy, even with 50% OFF (WTF).

3. Spending over 3 hours looking for party is not good lol 

i guess you don't even try what you are saying now, maybe works years ago. And even spending KP to earn money it has non-sense, the amount of money you spend is not worth versus what you get. Key Gears are fundamental in this weird meta. Pservers do it and has 5k players playing happy  

Edited by nazhioozh, 23 May 2021 - 03:05 PM.

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 May 2021 - 03:44 PM

iRO is supposed to be MMORPG where players are playing together. That's how it was possible for me to level all the way to level 150 and entered WoE with free Eden gears. Before, people didnt need to spend money right away because there were always other "noobs" out there to party together and play together to make zeny. Players had two options to gear up, either spend money or spend time, which both were resources. Loots back then were valuable because PvM, while its dumb and ez because Als were always simple minded, loots still had some value in it because players had to party up and only few godly players who geared to teeth due to excessive spending or hard work grinding.

Fast forward to now, not only WoE is a joke that only few people do for meme ie one hit at the entrance and make boring WoE vids that people dont even watch, PvM also has no meaning because everyone is god damn OP and one hit delete everything, saturating almost all aspects of PvM. While new players now have to play this game alone (unless they struggle so hard to find few players to play with, most of the time, they are all alone), they are also sort of encouraged to get BiS items so they can solo in this "MMORPG". This aint like old times when there were many noobs to party together in TI (I was one of those noobs yes, so its possible for me to use Eden gears) and other maps. Chance is, most new players wont stay long because the future is also a joke. No WoE and PvM endgame offers no values. Now for old players, since they are geared to teeth, most of them pretty much AFK in game because there is no point to do PvM when loots dont really sell fast. Even if some of them happen to not have a life, they still might as well spend time with their family members or pets instead of farming PvM loots that dont sell or sell for so slow.

New contents will get old players back but after few weeks, people will go back AFK again because the new market is already saturated because everyone just one hit deletes new contents. Then nothing sells again or sells so little because supplies overwhelm demands.

Well, since what is done is done. I think WP should put Firesales on 24/7. Lets just admit it that iRO will be a solo game and even iRO has got new contents, iRO players are too damn OP for years to come.

#6 100000197917382

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 04:10 PM

A good suggestion is to give a welcome package to new users, with a greed accessory so they can greed resources from Ti and sell them to make their gears

#7 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 23 May 2021 - 04:14 PM

Well, since what is done is done. I think WP should put Firesales on 24/7. Lets just admit it that iRO will be a solo game and even iRO has got new contents, iRO players are too damn OP for years to come.

^ this.

#8 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 04:17 PM

1. I spent WP/KP and nobody wants to buy Kachua loot, still there over one week.
2. The same happen to farming, i got cards from 17.1 Illusion and nobody wants to buy, even with 50% OFF (WTF).

3. Spending over 3 hours looking for party is not good lol 

i guess you don't even try what you are saying now, maybe works years ago. And even spending KP to earn money it has non-sense, the amount of money you spend is not worth versus what you get. Key Gears are fundamental in this weird meta. Pservers do it and has 5k players playing happy  

I think you are very right in the fact that it does suck that items now do not sell for what they used to. 20mip = 100 points is the current in eden on Chaos server. I think a lot of people have lost investments over time. I know I bought gears for way more than they are now. I am sure there are tactics that do and do not work for different people. Hopefully someone can add input. I would imagine that the people who have a chat up selling KP makes zeny easier than purchasing a ore box and selling what loots you get. Loots will always change price. you can maintain a certain zeny to KP ratio regardless. Maybe that will help. I find that if I can get certain zeny value for something it is more often than not better than me trying to gamble with an item that might sell for a higher value.

I am not an expert on the market of items. I wish there was something like ragial in the past to tell us past vending information so we have a better grasp of the worth of items. I do not know what you main or what you have experience farming.

Parties... you are 100% correct on this. Finding a random party is hard. One of the first things I tell anyone who say they are new is to join a guild with an active discord. You are right about people can solo content. However, I have found that the guilds I am associated with offer parties to people. You will not find random bio4 parties anymore or anything like that. If you have more than 1 character you play join multiple guilds. Even for well established people guilds are helpful. Admittedly, if you are new you will run into clicks and what not who may not include you. Also depending on time zone even if you join a guild you may never see them online. Pvm vs Woe/PVP makes a difference too. Finding people with like mindfulness is important. I see chats in eden a lot with people looking for guilds. 

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2021 - 04:57 PM

nice narrative leading attempt there

#10 Tomnook

Tomnook

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 07:09 PM

Maybe have a couple good items on the cash shop like Heroic Backpack or Catherine Von Blood. Something new players can buy which will greatly improve their experience but not make them 1 hit everything.

#11 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 09:02 PM

Just sell those semi-rare ocp items in cash shop for 1500kp end of story.

#12 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 01:06 AM

I basically stopped referring to items based on their zeny price a long time ago when suggesting builds for new players. People want the gear they see on TV and they don't want to start from the bottom to get there. Honestly, the gap between what you can achieve without cash gear and with cash gear is enormous so I can't blame them at all. If you value your time at more than ~$0.25 per hour it doesn't make sense to grind out anything in this game. So instead when people ask for advice, I give them a $20 build and a $200 build. $200 is what you see on TV, and $20 is what you need to clear all the content.

If a new player were to ask me how to make zeny when their gear doesn't permit them to clear daily instances I wouldn't know what to tell them other than realistically they'd be better off just spending $20 than trying to figure that **** out.

#13 Lynreve

Lynreve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 05:09 AM

Let’s not mince words here. The term isn’t “OP”, it’s “boring”, “hyper-inflated”, and “imbalanced”. Whether the fault lies in the studio or that oversized blimp lounging around with his cats while on their payroll, idgaf. It’s been building up for many years and is irreversible.

To their credit, being alive for 20 years is a feat very few games of this niche genre can claim. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but the franchise is still alive in other ways and Gravity is profiting still, at least.

As for the gears, it’s literally the timing, the lax or lack of control, and inviable alternatives in a competitive yet sadly dying environment. You either spend money, or be very patient when it comes to game microeconomics.

Edited by Lynreve, 24 May 2021 - 05:10 AM.

#14 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 24 May 2021 - 06:28 AM

Ok, very simple.

For Thread Starter and  New players, who would start and doesnt want to quit early.

0.) Should try to play Archer class first, at Ranger is already truly OP at lvl 100. Can do 30+k Damage. Can do LOWTI - stay until Joblvl is at 30-40+, can do without "key items" just +9 Autumn Hairband, White   Wing Set (can be bought 3M a piece) and over-upgraded Crimson Bow with Hunterfly cards. Over Upgraded Elven Bow w/ Elven arrows will do much damage

1.) Should try to join guilds to meet, learn, get help from older peeps

2.) Should try to make friends and learn in-depth view game perhaps get some secrets,and get help too.

3.) Should try to loan or borrow items from trusted friends, and be honest to return and pay for it.

4.) Should purchase and play in VIP Premium Service. Always. 

4.) Should SPEND KP if new player want to trade old "key items", he should try getting latest RARE SSS items to trade for older ones.

5.) Should sell rare items from hunts, SSS items from kachua keys, and others to gain Zeny in reasonable time, aside form loot farming.

6.) Should research about Grandma Boxter

7.) Should try to grind and compete at MVP hunting, and other Instances would easily earn billions if player got a MVP card= which can be exchange with MANY old "key items"

8.) Should enjoy and have patience in the game.

9.) Should try to hunt cute pets,

10.) Should join and try out special ingame events

11.) Should try to participate in https://forums.warpportal.com/ - to get updates and look ups some friends there, like TS, who would speak in quitters behalf.

This is how game is played, perhaps in any other mmorpg too,  i know Thread Starter know this too, and i wonder why he is so pessimistic.

Perhaps TS should play at thor lol

12.) Should play at Thor Server, where Shield Rings,  Enforcers,  and other key items are being vended.

Edited by Meddler01, 24 May 2021 - 07:36 AM.

#15 2999140515055616440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 03:10 PM

Ok, very simple.

It is sad that nowadays it's hard to find party as people go solo and the declining population doesn't help. Sounded silly coming from one that mainly play the game solo.

But if they wanted to go solo they can too, just probably not on the TI map until they got stronger. That's how I went about last time. Most of the time I can't solo in TI map, in that case I just level on the actual map which is less mobby and somewhat within capabilities. Not that I recommend new players to go solo, but it can be done. Things like Spotlight helps too, not to mention nowadays more frequently we have those costume that give some serious boost on specific healing items. Coupled with the fact that with the skilled changes that makes a lot of skills stronger which makes things easier.

As for these "key item" gears...

We started this topic talking about hard to find party people going solo and such. It's kinda funny that when one think about it, these new players which will eventually get these key items would become so strong, no longer need party, goes solo and we're back to where we started. Not saying that they shouldn't be able to get these items, just that it felt ironic or something

With the deflation that is going on previously isn't it easier to buy some of the items? But the high end gears aside they are plenty of budget gears around that as still pretty decent to get started in the game. For those who chose to play as ranger, just get the basics as mentioned in the post above and one is good to go. If elven bow is too expensive or not available, just buy a hunting bow from NPC. Knights can just BB or Brandish which is way stronger now, Rebel Round Trip as usual. Priest nowadays just ME and it makes those who play Mages question about their life choice lol!! It bring tears to me in the rare times where I saw a FS priest.

When the player is stronger or higher in level they could try for something like getting the Thanatos weapons which are still pretty good. VIP helps too if one is willing to spend some money. Makes things less tedious, the ability to go all in on base/job really helps a lot, and then there are free tokens everyday which can be use to tackle some instance or quest that is slightly beyond ones capabilities.

Edited by 2999140515055616440, 24 May 2021 - 03:12 PM.

#16 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 May 2021 - 03:26 PM

Don't mention the severe price-deflation of items because that doesn't fit the narrative.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 24 May 2021 - 03:29 PM.

#17 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 04:06 PM

Don't mention the severe price-deflation of items because that doesn't fit the narrative.

deflation where? Last year Shield ring was 200m and now it cost more than the double. Supplemental Chip cost almost 1b e/a (500m in fire sale), Fafnir scale 500m to 800m, enforcer shoes still 700-1b because is the meta. Stop fake info lol 

#18 2999140515055616440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 04:13 PM

Ok sorry.

S> D.Wing 3B

#19 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 04:14 PM

Not fake info.

Someone was asking to buy a +15 Crimson Katar for 3.5B in Nov 2019. Today you can buy for 500-600m.

Someone was selling +9 Icefall Dress for 4.5B in Nov 2019. Today you can buy for 1-1.2B.

Someone sold Seraphim Coronet for 2B, Mob Scarf for 1.7B, and Temporal Ring for 3.3B in Feb-Mar 2020. Today you can buy for 600-700m, 500-600m, and 500-600m, respectively.

Someone was selling Shield Ring for 1.4B in Jul 2019. Your quote: Today you can buy for 400m.

Someone was selling +8 Fafnir Scale for 3.8B in Feb 2020. Another person asked to buy a +0 Fafnir Scale for 1.7B in Nov 2019. Your quote: Today you can buy a +7 for 500-800m.

Someone bought Supplemental Chip for 1.8B in May 2019. Your quote: Today you can buy for 1B.

The drastically low prices you mentioned are from the severe deflation caused by compromised accounts (selling the owner's items for cheap for zeny, then selling that zeny for money), and the expected temporary deflation from the Fire Sale in November 2020. You're comparing prices over a short period of time (Oct 2020 to present); the two Steam users here are comparing prices over a longer period of time. Like with most markets (real or virtual), wide swings in volatility are expected in short periods, but generally steady and more reliable for measurement over longer periods.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 24 May 2021 - 04:34 PM.

#20 2999140515055616440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 04:20 PM

Not fake info.

Someone was asking to buy a +15 Crimson Katar for 3.5B in Nov 2019. Today you can buy for 500-600m.

Someone was selling +9 Icefall Dress for 4.5B in Nov 2019. Today you can buy for 1-1.2B.

Someone sold Seraphim Coronet for 2B in Feb 2020 and Mob Scarf for 1.7B. Today you can buy for 600-700m and 500-600m.

The drastically low prices you mentioned are from the severe deflation caused by compromised accounts (selling items for cheap for zeny, then selling that zeny for money), and the expected temporary deflation from the Fire Sale in November 2020.

Now you made me felt like i put my price too low!

S> D.Wing 4B

+9 Icefall... 4B too then. Slightly cheaper than your 4.5B

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 24 May 2021 - 04:29 PM

just purposefully bring up and/or omit whatever relevant(or not) data and weave in the narrative you desire :)

#22 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 04:42 PM

Now you made me felt like i put my price too low!

S> D.Wing 4B

+9 Icefall... 4B too then. Slightly cheaper than your 4.5B

In response, I will increase my prices by 25% because I have no real intent to sell:

S>+9 Icefall 5B

S>D. Wing 5B

And that could drive more potential buyers your way while reducing the negotiating room they have. By the way, I'll call you Steam User 299 (SU299) and me Steam User 625 (SU625), instead of our long series of numbers.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 24 May 2021 - 04:53 PM.

#23 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 04:55 PM

Not fake info.

Someone sold Seraphim Coronet for 2B, Mob Scarf for 1.7B, and Temporal Ring for 3.3B in Feb-Mar 2020. Today you can buy for 600-700m, 500-600m, and 500-600m, respectively.

Someone was selling Shield Ring for 1.4B in Jul 2019. Your quote: Today you can buy for 400m.

Someone was selling +8 Fafnir Scale for 3.8B in Feb 2020. Another person asked to buy a +0 Fafnir Scale for 1.7B in Nov 2019. Your quote: Today you can buy a +7 for 500-800m.

Someone bought Supplemental Chip for 1.8B in May 2019. Your quote: Today you can buy for 1B.

The drastically low prices you mentioned are from the severe deflation caused by compromised accounts (selling the owner's items for cheap for zeny, then selling that zeny for money), and the expected temporary deflation from the Fire Sale in November 2020. You're comparing prices over a short period of time (Oct 2020 to present); the two Steam users here are comparing prices over a longer period of time. Like with most markets (real or virtual), wide swings in volatility are expected in short periods, but generally steady and more reliable for measurement over longer periods.

Well, is better the price down and people can access kindly to these gears. Spending 3 or 6 months to adquire one piece of your gears is bored. Creating a character like ranger to start and not a character you want, is bored. btw the problem here is the prices are ridiculous, is really cool that prices are not the same now and i hope it will decrease more. (consider this fact like a "deflation" is not right, is an oligopoly status, because you have the power of sell the gear in the price you want due to the lack of gears in market. You know, big whales has the control of the market, and every time an Fire sale start, the lose their power. So, you can't use a common curve of offer and demand to understand this problem)

Edited by nazhioozh, 24 May 2021 - 04:58 PM.

#24 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 05:19 PM

In your opinion, what is the maximum length of time that a person can grind for a best-in-slot equipment before they consider it boring?

Is creating a Merchant character to sell items boring, if that's not the character that the player wants to create?

Do you consider grinding for 3-6 months for a best-in-slot equipment different from grinding for an MVP card?

On the topic of MVP cards: Let's assume the player is using HE Gum (item or exchanging w/ EMBs). The average number of times they need to kill a specific MVP to get a card to drop is 2500 (the drop rate is 0.04% with HE Gum and insufficient bonuses from VIP, server and gear). If someone camped Kiel four times a day (and had no competition) and ran Central Laboratory 13 times a day (on average Kiel would show up once), on average they would need 500 days to get a Kiel card. During Card Drop Event (potentially 0.13% card drop rate if Homeward Bound stays active and no other server-wide drop rate bonus), that becomes 769 kills or 153.8 (we'll say 154) days.

Do you consider that boring?

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 24 May 2021 - 05:23 PM.

#25 Lynreve

Lynreve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 05:27 PM

In your opinion, what is the maximum length of time that a person can grind for a best-in-slot equipment before they consider it boring?
Is creating a Merchant character to sell items boring, if that's not the character that the player wants to create?
Do you consider grinding for 3-6 months for a best-in-slot equipment different from grinding for an MVP card?

On the topic of MVP cards: Let's assume the player is using HE Gum (item or exchanging w/ EMBs). The average number of times they need to kill a specific MVP to get a card to drop is 2500 (the drop rate is 0.04% with HE Gum and insufficient bonuses from VIP, server and gear). If someone camped Kiel four times a day (and had no competition) and ran Central Laboratory 13 times a day (on average Kiel would show up once), on average they would need 500 days to get a Kiel card. During Card Drop Event (potentially 0.13% card drop rate if Homeward Bound stays active and no other server-wide drop rate bonus), that becomes 769 kills or 153.8 (we'll say 154) days.

Do you consider that boring?

Yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users